Old 08-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #1  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay at Home Moms #243

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ˝ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:10 PM   #2  
Curves 6-week solution

yeah I did it and didn't screw up! Hope you all are having a good OP day! I am so far, night time is the worst though so we will see!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:16 PM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Hi Jill It's great that you've been OP today!
I'm just posting because I'm kind of bored - though do have plenty I could do!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 05:18 PM   #4  
SAHM of 3

okay, I'm here and had an hour and fifteen minute nap. After a good night, I'm good to go. I'm fixing to start dinner.
Yes, my mom is loving her kitchen. The red paint and red countertops are beautiful. She also loves the chicken wire in the upper cabinet doors. She wanted a country kitchen and it is that. I'm afraid we are about a week or two from the floor but that will complete it.
I have to share this with you all. Cindi gave her kids' names and I think that's cool. My sister of course is fixing to have her 8th child and I would love to share their names, you'll see why.
Jonathan, 11
Lauren, 9
Lindsey, 7
Leslie, 6
Leah, 4
Stewart, 2
and Lydia, 1
All the girls have L's. She thinks she's having a boy and doesn't know what his name will be. If it's a girl it will be an L, but we don't know what. Everyone always gets a kick out of all those L's and yes we ALL get tongue tied.
Just thought I'd share.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 05:21 PM   #5  
Curves 6-week solution

Ya I am bored too! I am taking a break cause I found spiders in the kitchen when I was trying to sweep so I sprayed them and are waiting for them to die before I finish! LOL I am really scared of spiders!

Hey everyone flylady.com said that there is a radio program for moms on worldtalkradio.com that is from 11-1 pacific time on Thursdays, it sounds really neat and it would be really cool if we all tried to listen at the same time. They talk about all kinds of stuff and then we could discuss it, we could have like a brunch together every Thursday or afternoon tea! LOL Just an idea! LMK what you think
Old 08-11-2004, 05:33 PM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

Penny, when are the boy's birthdays?

Crystal I missed you in my last post, we must have put them up at the same time! That is crazy your sis is having her 8th! It takes a strong person to have that many kids! I would love to but I don't think I am the right type of person, I am learning to be organized but it does not come naturally to me.

Ok back to the kitchen! Wish me luck with the spiders!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Holy COW!! You guys are busy busy ladies!!

I got two baby tickers in my siggy now!! Yayyyy!! They are so cute and it will help me remember how old the girls are like in months cuz I can never remember that when people ask me lol.

Sounds like you are all having a great afternoon. I will get personal later I'm trying to get my website up and running ugghhhh

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Hi ladies, I've had a busy afternoon. Dinner is ready but cooling off and I did some work on the phone and now mom's flooring is being laid in the morning at 9 am. I have to be there. That's tough with all the kids but we can do it. In fact, we'll be there all day, because after the flooring gets laid, then I'll be able to put her kitchen back in order. I'm so excited, this is the part I've been waiting on. The only thing will be the curtains, they won't be in until late next week, BUT everything else will be. I can't wait.
Okay, now I'm fixing to feed my kids. Dh went to Bass Pro Shop after work to spend some of his birthday $.

Jill, you're right about taking the right kind of person to have all those kids. But she knows that was her plan from God. She is to raise really great kids. And Jonathan, the oldest, is so great. He is so sweet and she knows he was given to her first, because her dh works out of town alot and Jonathan becomes the "man" of the house and takes care of lots of things. They are great kids.

Okay talk to ya later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Wow, onto a new thread already!

Well I got a very short nap... hate it when that happens but I feel ok so far. Dinner was good.

Jill, that is funny about you finding all the extra stuff in your pantry! What does your dh think about you doing flylady? When I first started doing it my dh raved to everyone about it, he thought it was so great.

Cindi, I laughed when I read about burglers coming in your home and tripping over all the stuff and the bird making noises, lol. When dh first left out I purposely didn't want to clean this house because I thought, how would I hear someone if they broke in?? My living room was a MESS!! But if someone came in they wouldn't be able to sneak around quietly at all... lol... but now I'm more comfortable being alone so a clean house doesn't worry me so much

Ricci, I just looked over that power 90 system when I was looking at the slim in 6.. seems so hard! LOL. And does it seem geared towards men and the slim in 6 towards women, or is that just me? How did that crayon fight end? lol

Lori, did you like both of the kill bills?? I haven't seen either.. it seemed weird to me for some reason but I know people rave about it. Let me know what you think!

Kristin, I would be happy to make you a blanket for a new baby!! When do you plan on being pregnant and I can start now!! LOL. And you are the shoe queen!!! LOL.. I always said if I had the money I would definitely go overboard with shoes... but thankfully we can't afford it, lol. I have one pair of sandals I love (I get one new pair every summer) and a few warm shoes for winter, one pair of boots, and one pair of sneakers for when I was walking. And dress shoes, but those don't count, lol. I didn't realize I was so close to you!!! We will have to meet someday! Could be fun!! I'm in Olathe about every two weeks or so... we could meet in KC for lunch or something. Oh and DH is in Omaha right now!! Too weird huh? lol

Leigh, I did find a tanning cream I really wanted to try... I think it was estee lauder?? It was one you buy at JC Penny's or one of those stores, not a walmart brand. I found it on epinions.com and everyone raved about how well it covered and how natural it looked and lasted and all that. That is what I will buy.

Jill, I would like to check that radio station out.. did you listen to it today?? Do you have to pay for it or anything??

Crystal, do you think your sis will have more kids after this 8th one? I think the L thing is cute! I have a cousin who named all her girls with A's, but she only has 3. (and one boy)

ok, Cindi wants to meet at 8 pm central for a flylady challenge tonight, what do you all think?? I think we will just meet with our yahoo mess and then move to msn or something... maybe we should use that yahoo site for our flylady meetings and postings?? What do you think? But anyway, I hope some of you will be there!!

Ok, I'm threatening the kids lives to get their rooms clean, lol... better go stand guard. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:00 PM   #10  
Curves 6-week solution

Hey Spryng the radio station is totally free and I listened to it today, it was something about health and they were talking about nutrition and kids. It's kind of fun to listen to when you are just hanging out on the computer. They have all diff. topics but the mom one is only on Thursdays from 11-1 PST. Seems like it would be neat, they ladies who do it also have the fly lady and the saving dinner lady on too. I have a meeting tonight so I won't be able to make the flylady thing But definitley next time. I think using the Yahoo account would be cool, as long as no one objects My dh is pretty laid back so he doesnt care too much if the house is clean or dirty. Which is nice I guess but sometimes I wish I could get a little reaction out of him! Anyway we are having hamburgers and home made potato salad for dinner! It will probably be late since I have a meeting at 6:30 but thats ok. I'm glad your dinner was good. Well I guess I better get the baby fed and ready, I'm going to take her to my meeting cause some of the kids want to meet her. TTYL!
Old 08-11-2004, 07:35 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Evening . . . I'm tired! I'm just about done with the scrapbook layouts, so I can mail them tomorrow. It's not my best work, but not my worst, and it will do. Liam's on the verge of sleep. I really want to move the couches and wet-swiffer under them, but not sure I'll have the energy.

Crystal- the kitchen sounds great - wish you could post photos Sounds like your sister is doing an awesome job with the kids! More power to her - I can barely hanle one.

Jill- I wonder what show it is . . . I may go on her website to check it out.

Michelle- I love that flower ticker - I hadn't seen it before, so it must be a newer one.

Spryng- LOL - you're just like me - I always try to read all the online reviews I can before buying something.

Okay- I have to put the finishing touches on my layouts. I'm attaching two pics of a couple of layouts I've done in the past. The first is my ultrasound of Liam; the second is Liam's newborn photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glimpse.jpg (47.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg trick.jpg (29.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-11-2004, 08:38 PM   #12  

Height: 5 foot

Today as far as exercising and being on plan goes… = BIG FAT ZERO! But… that’s ok… Tomorrow is another day! I will try to go to bed early so that I can wake up earlier. I want to exercise tomorrow for sure!! I’ve been working tooo hard to gain all of my weight back now!! I refuse!!!! I’m getting back on track… and I’m not going back to 200 lbs.. Or even 150 lbs.. Again….. Unless I’m blessed with another baby.. Which I doubt will happen with my husbands will!!! Anyways today I got up off my butt and took the kids to the pool.. I had a nice little time. The baby was soo tired... it looked like it was going to rain anyways, but I let her nap on the chair for about 30 minutes and then I was off, she slept for like 3 hours! I might have to do that again! I did get my cooking done.. Lord knows what the heck it turned out to be!!! It was supposed to be Chicken Fried Steak... Yeah right.. It tasted pretty good though... just tough as ****! I cooked corn and mashed potatoes for everyone else and had steam veggies for me. Tomorrow I will have to face Walmart again! I'm going to pick up a couple of school supplies for Jake... he only seems to need a few.. but I know that his teacher will probably give me a totally different list... that's how it's been for is last two teachers anyways. It’s a little list though. Boy that dog.. won’t stop barking!!! I don’t see how my husband can sleep through it.. But I’m about to wake him up.. I’m not dealing with it right now. Well I would say that I’d try to get on the treadmill or something tonight….but why lie to myself?!? My daughter is driving me absolutely crazy!! I tell ya.. The dog is barking, the baby is jumping from one couch to the other, my DH is snoring loud as he*l!! I’m about to go insane!!!! Let me go before I start whining again.. Until Tomorrow Chickies………………

BTW~ Kristin I thought I'd go ahead and post the websites on here for you, and I'll PM you some of my favorite recipes... Also I don't know the exact email address, but if you go to Lifetime.com Denise Austin has a 4 week meal plan and it has some good recipes in it.. It also has the nutrients included.

http://www.tastytuesday.com/

http://www.campbellkitchen.com/

http://www.recipecircus.com/

http://www.v8juice.com/v8diet/index.asp

These are my favorites so far.. I get most of them from Campbells, in my email! Well no time to comment on everyone since I've missed sooo much!! Boy you chickies can talk!! :Lol: Where were yaw'l when I was lonely and bored~~ I'm just joking! Well bye now!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #13  

Well everyone this post is flying by.

I had a GREAT day OP today. I feel real good about it.

Leigh and Jill, I'm sorry you both were bored today. THis was one day I wasn't. I was just busy. Almost forgot about DD dance lesson. Got there late.

Spryng, I used to be affraid when DH was out of town when we first moved here. Now I'm fine. BUT, it's funny abou the toys on the floor and such, because I used to lock up and put a toy in front of the door, one to here it if it opened, and two, if it were an intruder, they'd trip on it....lol

Jaymi, glad you got out to the pool and thanks for the links to receipe sites.

Anyway, I'm not up for a big post tonight. I'll check in tomorrow.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Last post for me tonight chicas I'm exhausted, although Liam is wide awake. I finished up both circle journals! That's a relief - I can mail them tomorrow

Jaymi- what kind of workouts have you been doing? Videos?

Mel- good for you! It's excellent to be OP (I've been off plan so much that I know being OP is hard and a great thing LOL).

Okay, I'm outta here for the night. Have a good one and I'll "see" ya'll in the morning!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 PM   #15  
2BoysMom

Good lord ladies!

Leigh...do you think there's any chance we'd get to meet Labor Day weekend? We're driving down and I don't anticipate getting there prior to late Friday. I don't really know what we're going to be doing...dh will be diving a couple of days with his brother and we'll be in Ft Lauderdale until Tuesday when we head down to the keys (assuming all the hurricanes are over ). How long will you be there? I understand if there wouldn't be time .

Mel..congrats on the OP day and the loss!

Jaymi...a 3 hour nap? I wish

Spryng, the book is Final Target by Iris Johansen. I have a whole box full of books that I got from my mother about 3 years ago. I used to read alot, but then I had kids . I just started reading again but I don't have all that much time during the day.

Michelle...I have Paint Shop Pro 7...guess I'll have to learn how to use it someday I just use it to size my photos for now. Again...haven't had enough time to play with it. Someday I will have a life again!! Congrats on the wonderful losses!!! I'm so very proud of you!

OK, I guess I'm the giant here... 5' 9.5" That's why I don't look 200 + lbs to everyone...but I know I am . I'm always asked to reach something at the grocery store from a vertically challenged person .

Tomorrow we're heading up north to visit with my grandmother again. We'll be staying overnight so you won't see a post from me. Then I'll have to try to catch up so it should be around midnight Saturday sometime . We have a birthday party Saturday evening for Dh's neice and we may be hitting the last day of the state fair on Sunday so a busy few days ahead.

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow! Check back in on Friday.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote