Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 07:13 PM   #1  

Default Night Owls #62

Hi Everyone,

Wow the last thread was just getting way too long. Figured it was time for a fresh one. How is everyone doing? I am just getting fatter and fatter, too much fast food and not enough time. I have to change things.

PJ, where are you girl.

Candice, I am glad I am not the only one worried, hope she comes out and plays soon.

Where is everyone. Boy, I should talk, lol

See Ya
Bren
Old 07-22-2004, 10:04 PM   #2  

Default Hello

Sorry I have not been around in awhile. So many things going on lately. I got laid off from my job but was hired at a new place 2 weeks later and started a week after that, making a little more money than I was at the old job and I love the new job so that is good.

Oh boy boyfriend problems, he told me last year we would get married this year, then at the beginning of this year he said we would get engaged this year and married next year, doesn't look like that is going to happen either now. When will I learn? I have put my life on hold and am tired of it, I am going to start thinking of myself and doing what I need for me, instead of just getting fatter, which I have been doing quite well, lol! Seriously, he is a great guy but I am also a great gal and don't deserve this kind of treatment. I am going to hang in there but if something doesn't happen by the end of summer, I am moving on. I am going to do what is right for me.

Sorry to dump on you guys but I know I can always come here for support, even when I have been missing for so long. You guys are the best.

See Ya
Bren
Old 07-26-2004, 06:41 AM   #3  

Hi Bren..dump all you want...sounds like you know what you have to do.....
Old 07-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #4  

Hi Candice,

Thanks, It is just 2 different things, knowing what you should do and actually doing it, lol! I am going to give it til the end of summer and that is probably about it if there isn't any progress being made.

Bren
Old 07-31-2004, 05:11 AM   #5  

Baked a new cookie recipe.. lemon cookies...way too good and 2pts a cookie, they are in the freezer but I ate way too many the first day!

Mowed today and did some floor exercise, laundry in now and got the bathroom cleaned. Got a bad hip again so been trying to stretch it out. Need to get an appointment wtih the eye doc, I just can't see good anymore and it's been awhile.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:12 AM   #6  

Just sent my flower pictures in so in the next few weeks I will have a link up I'm sure

Made a big pot of veggie soup, used chicken broth, tomatoes, turnips, carrots, green
beans, zucchini, mushrooms, corn,celery, kidney beans and edamome (sp). Threw in
some garlic and sweet basil and parsely for flavouring. Comes out to be about 1 pt a
cup and made about 16 cups. Putting it in the freezer so I will have it handy when I
get in my hungry moods!

Anyone know when you plant your fall crop of lettuce? We have had an unusual
growing season this year so not sure I should even try sewing a few more seeds. I
enjoyed my spring lettuce so much this year, hard to go back to the store bought
stuff!

Gotta stay out of DH's m&m's !!!!!!!!!!!! Blew 10 pts!

DS, got mooved into his new apartment and his car got broken into, they smashed
the window and took out the Stereo. The police say there is nothing they can do,
this is the 7th break in in his apartment complex! (Downtown Des Moines, Iowa)

Storms today maybe so not sure how much sleep I will get.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:08 PM   #7  

Hi everyone,

Mike and I are done, for now anyway, hoping to work things out though. On the other hand the break-up has gotten me right back on program and I am slowly but steadily losing again.

Brenda
Old 08-13-2004, 07:12 AM   #8  

Tried a new Cookie recipe tonight and got a box off to my DS....they are a soft and chewy oatmeal choc chip cookie. DH does not care for them but will eat them! I ahve already eaten way to many................Mowing today and we have a skunk living in one of the buildings and digging up our lawn gonna call the animal control people to see they can help....I do not want sprayed!

A 62 year old jogger got hit and killed on one of our county roads and DH does not want me walking onour road anymore!

http://www.oprah.com/health/omag/hea...?promocode=026

Total cholesterol of less than 150 mg/dl—or—
LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol)l less than 95 mg/dl —or—
Ratio of total cholesterol divided by HDL(good cholesterol) equal to 4 or less.

http://www.oprah.com/health/bob/heal...?promocode=025

http://www.oprah.com/health/omag/hea...?promocode=023
Old 08-22-2004, 03:30 AM   #9  

Eating well and that means no cookies

I did a tad bit of work outside and then walked the TM but could only do about 45 min and my hip started bothering me. I stretched it out and then got an old walk areobics tape out and did it another 30 minutes, hip still hurting......standing in place walking seems to bother it so I tried to just keep moving about the living room and finished the tape. (suppose to be 2 miles but my pedometer said only 1), anyway I'm at 17,000 steps and that is good!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:30 AM   #10  

Hi Candice,

I got to get one of those pedometer things, is it pretty accurate do you think? Did you get the WW one or another one? I have looked at them but not sure which one to get.

Bren
Old 09-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #11  

Hi Guys !!!

I just rejoined WW for the third time (maybe more) and thought I would check in with the NIght Owls....glad to see your still around. It's been a long time since I have been on...Lots happened in my life. My oldest daughter got married last year in October. I had lost alot of weight for that...got to goal (((again))) ..then over the year gained 15 of it back. Gosh..it goes on so easy and off so hard!! But last week I got back to weight watchers..weigh in is tonight...I'll let you all know how I did. I stayed on program but am peri menopausal and have a hard time to take of a lb...could kick myself for gaining!!!

Punky...glad to hear you have someone in your life. I hope he is treating good...you are a special lady. How is your weight doing...I got on Night Owls about two years ago and read some post...you motivated me big time!! You were down to your goal and looked great.

Glad to be back...lets keep this thread going daily!!!
Gale
Old 09-08-2004, 08:27 PM   #12  

Oh my gosh Gale from Maine right? It is soooo good to see you. I am sad to say that I have gained back all but 17#'s of my weight. The boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago too. I got laid off in May and was lucky enough to get a new job in 2 weeks that also pays a little more. My life has been very stressful lately and I have not been handling it well, oh what comfort food has brought me, lol! I am getting happier though and beginning to improve my outlook. I am starting to do well and trying as usual to get back on program and back to my old happy self. Please fill me in on what has been going on in your life.

Brenda
Old 09-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #13  

ahhhya.. Gale from Maine

Got weighed in last night and lost 3.6 lbs. YEEEHAA! I feel so in control of my weight loss right now. Ya know what...one good week can make all the difference.

Brenda....wow..you have a lot going on! I'll keep you in my prayers! How old are you kids now? I know you are a grandmom..how is that??

My life has been busy. We moved to Turner..near Lewiston/Auburn. My son ..my baby...is still in college..going to University of Maine in Orono...taking mechanical engineering. My daughter got married last fall...going for her masters in education..she discovered she wanted to teach! She lives in Maryland with her wonderful hubby and two dogs and a cat... I have no human grandkids yet....looking forward to that tho! I think my daughter will eventually move to the Mass. area..which would be a lot closer for us. I miss my kids! I just always enjoyed them...and could have kept them little forever..know what I mean. I have been working full time since we moved here..I have an awesome job!! Sooooo blessed! Sooo our house is sort of quiet. Just hubby and me...and our dog, Riley (new shetland sheepdog...10 mts old)..our old Murphy died last December....and our cat, Abbey! They have become our "kids"! Riley is a lucky dog...gets to come to work with me!! How many places can you bring your dog to work??!! That's about it.....

The weight thing was good last year...I had a goal...the wedding ..after the wedding I stopped excercising.(doing treadmill 30 mins daily..faithfully)..and ate, ate, ate, ...gained ..did atkins...lost 8lbs, ate, ate, ate...gained, did south beach...lost 8lbs...ate ate ate...gained ....since last week at WW ..gained 15 since last there a year ago...and now know that I need to go to WW weekly to keep this weight off. It is sooo hard to lose it now that I am going thru menopause!!! I just can't do low carb...that doesn't work for me...I have seen alot of people succeed with it...but I can't ...I just love my treats. Hang in there Brenda...when you are ready to take it off ..you will. We all know ..that WE have to be ready to do it.

Well..time to go...Sooo glad to be back....it's so quiet here now...where is everyone?

talk lata...Gale
Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 AM   #14  

I see some more posting I'm still eating well but not losing the few I wanted to before my baking begins!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:44 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,

I guess everyone has been missing lately, not just me. Well I am trying something different, doing the atkins even though I really don't like meat, give me carbs anyday, lol!! I lost 9lbs my first week, amazing but then I fell off it and that turned into taking a day off, gained 2lbs back, yikes. Now is day one again, we will see. I still think ww is the best but I just can't do it for some reason right now. My job is going wonderful, I just love it. The kids are doing well and I am well over my breakup with Mike.

Gail, it sounds like you are doing wonderful, I am so happy for you. You sound a bit lonely though. As for my grandson, he just turned 2 and I have not seen him in person since he was 3 months old, also have not seen a pic since he was 6 mths old. My daughter is very self absorbed and she is still in Virginia. I try not to dwell on it, it just upsets me way too much.

Candice, it is so good to hear from you, you have really kept this thread going for soooo long, I feel so quilty. I just wish some of the old owls would come back and join us.

Toot-a-loo

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bren
Closed Thread