Old 06-25-2004, 07:36 AM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #201 :)

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:29 AM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default Wow!

We're going through the threads so quickly! How awesome Today is, of course, my WI day. Drumroll please . . . I'm now down 2 lbs to 159. I'm excited to be in the next number group - now I'm only 9lbs more than when I got pregnant!

Had fun on our date night last night. We went for Thai food (my favorite) and to see the movie Saved. It was cute, but not as sophisticated as I thought it would be. I thought it would be more like Fargo - have ya'll seen that? Boy was that movie funny. Anyway, in Saved, I thought they stereotyped born-again Christians too much - it wasn't as insightful or self-aware as it could have been . . . it was definitely an "outsider's" view of Christianity. And I'm not Christian, so I'm not speaking out of any bias I have a particular interest in the topic thought because for my PhD dissertation I studied an evangelical group, so I think people don't understand that conservative Christianity has a lot of complexity. Okay, sorry for ranting

Penny - will the insanity ever end? Where in MS will you be going again? Or did you not say?

Michelle- I can't wait for your WI! Yes, we can suffer PMS together

Crystal - I hope you have an awesome weekend with DH!!! Fun, fun, fun . . .

Ginny - hope you had a good night. Was dinner good?

Lisa -hi! Hope your changes solve the problems! Congrats on the baggy clothing I seem to have neverending laundry too - sorry about the towels.

Di- Hope you had a good night and don't have much more housework today.

Cindi- I've had TOM this week too, so I feel your pain! ((hugs)) to you

Hi, Nikki! Welcome to our group . . . I'm Leigh, SAHM to an 8-month old son named Liam and married for 2 years to a great DH I'm in the process of losing 32 post-pregnancy pounds. Well, actually, 22 post-pregnancy pounds and the ten I already needed to lose when I got pregnant I think you'll find this group very supportive.

Spryng- Wow, you've been busy. Surley some of that counts as toning and aerobic Happy Birthday to Tanner!!!!

Not too much planned for the day. I need to take the relatives to the airport around 2. The house needs straightening (of course) and I need to do some scrapbooking for a project I'm working on. I may do abs and leg toning today. I like doing lots of ab work Tamilee does a hard abs workout and I always really feel it, so I hope that means it will eventually pay off. I think I want to use some of my flexpoints . . . bizzarre - I've been really craving a candy bar! I have no idea why - I haven't craved a candy bar since I was pregnant I prefer other kinds of desserts. But I'll think about it some - I' not totally sure if I will use any for that or just ignore the craving until it goes away. TTYL!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:42 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi girls! Just another SAHM popping in briefly (I wish I could join you wonderful women, but I'm in the midst of a major life crisis... you know... stuff happens...) to welcome back Lisa.
Lisa, we (the moderators) were so angry and upset over what happened to you here, and we're so very glad you've come back. Please contact any of us at anytime if you have any concerns.
That goes for anyone here. We won't put up with any crap!! We're here for all of you!!

Leigh... what a lovely, nurturing person you are to address everyone individually.

Penny, congrats on your new status.

Good morning Michelle, you babe you.

Have a wonderful day, ladies.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Birthday Tanner!!!

Leigh - Congrats on being 2 lbs down!! That is awesome!!!

Ellis!!!! My loveee!!!!! Woo hoo I can't wait til I'm a size 8 babe lol

Lisa - I am so glad that you are beginning to see results!! Those inches lost are awesome!! Keep up the great work!!

Nothing planned here today but some bill paying and house cleaning, tomorrow is my nieces birthday and there will be like 100 people there man oh man I'm glad we keep Taylors party small, I just don't have the energy for big ol parties lol! Well I better go get my girls some breakfast before there is a full on riot! lol Have a great day ladies!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Leigh,
Congrats for being in the next set of numbers!!!
YAH YAH YAH!!!!
I am glad you had such a wonderful time with dh!

I am going to a campground. It is in between Lumberton and Purvis, Miss. which is in the middle of no where......LOL

Spryng,
Hope you make lots and lots of money at the yard sale

Michelle,
You are going to have a wonderful weigh in and you too will be in the next set of numbers!

Crystal,
Take some pics this weekend! We want to know all about it (well not all of it )

Di,
How is SB and ww treating you? Have you been doing well combining them?

Cindi,
How are the meds going? Have you noticed any changes?

Geri,
I hope you have a wonderful weigh in coming up! I did join TOPS and it does have alot of blue haired ladies in the group but some young people too. Any extra motivation is just a bonus

Ricci, Ginny, Mary, Andrea, Misty, Lisa, Nikki I hope everyone is having a wonderful day

And a even greater weekend

The kids have story time again this morning so I will check in later Tuesday it was a bug play so I am not sure what they will have planned today. It is not just stories but all kinds of different things. plays, skits, stories, etc. but the kids love it!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:08 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Man oh Man....

Two posts while I was posting!

Ellis,
Thanks so much for popping in here again We hope you come as often as you can

Michelle,
You are up and adam early this morning! I just can't keep my eyes off your icon pics. You are just so beautiful
Hope you have a wonderful day
Old 06-25-2004, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

awww Penny you are too sweet! Yeah I clean up ok, but when I'm home with the kids I'm scraggly lol I just pull my hair back and wear what ever clothes don't already have spit up on them lol.

Hope you have fun at storytime!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:40 AM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Hi you all. Hope everyone had a good night.
This will probably be my only post until Sunday evening or Monday morning. I am taking pics, but my digital camera isn't working, I had to get some of those disposables.
Anyways, I hope all of you have a WONDERFUL weekend. I think it's suppose to rain almost the entire time we're there. Luckily, I'm already pregnant, LOL!!!
Spryng, good luck at the sale.
Leigh, wtg on the loss.
Lisa, that is definitely progress, keep up the good work.
Penny, tell Tanner Happy Birthday. How old is he? He's the baby right?
Hi to everyone else. I will think about all of you, at least a time or two, LOL!
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:00 AM   #9  
soontobethin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal have a wonderful time

Tanner is Spryng's baby My baby just had a bday on the 12th.

Have a great day ladies!

No storytime today.... grrrr..... it is just raining too hard here for us to get out!
Time to get some cleaning done
Old 06-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #11  

Good morning gals!!

Leigh, I'm kind of bummed out that the movie "Saved" wasn't that great. It looked so freakin funny in the commercials, I'll still see it though, but I'll probably wait till it comes out on video. I don't get to the movies too often, so when I do go, I usually like to see a movie that requires a Big screen, like something picturesque or action. Last night I watched "The Girl With A Pearl Earring." I had read the book, which I loved and it made more sense. Sometimes books don't translate as well on screen, I thought this was one of those times.

Ellis, we can all totally understand about life getting in the way. We love to hear from ya whenever you can pop in!

Spryng, hope you make some good $$ at your sale! It can be a lot of work, but it usually pays off. I think I'm going to make the enchiladas tonight or the ziti. Both sound delish!

Michelle hows all the weight training treating you? You listed all that you worked on each day in another post, but I must confess, I didn't understand all the abreviations! Speak SLOW to me next time! LOL It honestly sounds like a lot of work, do you feel very restricted with the regiment? P.S I too LOVE your new pics! Gorgeous!

Penny, I like the combining thing I'm doing. I'm weighing in on Mondays now. Unfotunately I'm starting TOM and I'm totally starting to bloat. I'm just trying to keep that in mind and not look at the scale. I'm one of those whacky people that can gain like 6 pounds in water weight in a heart beat. Of course it's almost as easy to drop it, but in the past it has sent me off plan. Not this time!

So here's all the drama that's been going on in my life. Steve is out of town mind you, so he isn't here to help. My grandfather (Pake) died Tuesday night, he's been sick a while and he just turned 90 years old. Such a sweet man, it wasn't a shock that he passed obviously, but it's still sad and I will miss him greatly. Trying to find a way to fly down for the funeral early next week.

Drama #2- I had to take Ethan to the Urgent Care last night, instead of teaching my Yoga class. All 3 of us were running around, playing and chasing each other around the sofa in the family room. I don't know what the heck happened with Ethan, but he totally lost control of his little chubby legs and went crashing into the corner of the wall, you know the sharp edged part! His whole forehead swelled up in this giant, ugly goose egg, the size of a lemon. I've never seen anything swell that fast. Luckily around that time my friend Elizabeth had come by to babysit, and she watched Logan while I took Ethan to the doctor. He seems fine and in good spirits, but I had to keep him up a bit last night, to watch him. If he loses interest in eating, gets unusually irritible or vomits, I'm to take him to the hospital. Man was my heart pumping last night, god it could have been so much worse.

Well that it for these parts. A big "Howdy" to all you lovely ladies I didn't get to get personal with. I'm getting an alarm system installed on the house today, it also will "chime" if one of the boys tries to escape out a door. Good times! So I'll check in after that appointment.

hugs,
Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 06-25-2004 at 11:02 AM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:58 AM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Thanks, gals for the positive feedback on my weight loss I wouldn't be 1/2 as successful without you gals to keep me going!

Penny- Sorry about story time - maybe you can have puppet shows at home today . When Liam's a little older I'll be able to do fun things like that.

Hi, Ellis! What sweet words you had for me - thank you!

Michelle - Penny is right - I really like that photo of you! Hope you have fun with all the parties.

Crystal- I wish much fun your way!

Well, gals, believe it or not, I did BOTH ab workouts on my video. It's the first time I did the second 15-minute one and man-oh-man was it hard! But I did it. There was only one particular exercise I found impossible to do . . . I've been kind of fixated on my abs because I want to see what happens to this post-pregnancy, post-Cesarian problem area for me TTYL.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:33 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Di- we must have posted at the same time! First, I am really sorry to hear about your grandfather - my thoughts are with you and your family. I know even when it's expected, it's very hard to lose someone you care about. Secondly, I'm glad Ethan is doing okay after last night's scare. I know you must have been freaked out - I sure would have been! When Liam fell off the couch and hit his head on the coffee table, he was fine, but I was a total wreck the whole night! So, I'm thinking of you guys today

Lisa- I like your challenge! It's in good spirit . . . I bet some ladies will join you. I'm at the wrong place in my weight loss journey to do so, but maybe I can take part in a maintainance challenge!

TTYL . . .
Old 06-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Leigh,
That is so awesome that you only have 19 pounds to lose! Doesn't it just feel so good. Don'tcha just feel skinner??? I know I do

Lisa,
That sounds like a great challenge! 45 pounds by Christmas is awesome! I know you can do it

Di,
You poor thing! How is Ethan doing? I tell you when it rains it pours. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am so sorry your grandfather passed away. I hope he had a wonderful life. To live to 90 is a great thing. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Well ladies! I am 100% on plan today! And it feels great! I haven't been on plan lately and have been slacking back and forth. I think I have finally shaken it and am ready to move back to the 150s and on to the 140s!
I know I can do this! I have worked to hard to stop now..... Sorry Just had to give myself a little pep talk!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

I'm glad you're 100% on plan today, Penny! Good for you. I know you'll be back in the 50's in no time I've been doing this for 7 weeks now and it has just really flown by!

I'm having a very hard day today cravings-wise. Right now, I'm still very OP, but I definitely think it will end up being a flexpoints day. I'm having incredible sweet cravings. It's going to be a difficult one, ladies . . . I've now moved on from my snickers bar craving to wanting a malt or milkshake! Ugh . . .