Old 06-16-2004, 08:12 AM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #195

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default Good Morning

Hi everyone! Hope you had a nice night . . . our threads have been soooo busy lately - that's nice.

Cindi - I can't wait for your WI, I bet it will be a good one.

Penny - Hi! Thanks for the compliment! I think I look heavier because the shirt shrank and now really pulls across the chest, tummy, etc. But you can borrow it anytime - from yor pic, you'd look good in it

Hi, Spryng! Hope you have a nice day

Michelle - thanks for the compliments - yeah, when I look at the pics, I see the most difference in my face. Interesting! Hope you had fun snugling with DH

Geri- so you're a brunette, eh? I don't know how I pictured you. Maybe medium brown. Would love to see a photo of you sometime!

Crystal - are you excited about selling Avon? i guess if I ever need anything, I know who to ask Have a great day.

Well, my walking partner can't walk again today, but I'm taking the boys (Liam and our doggie, Duncan) anyway. I need the extra points Later, Ladies . . .
Old 06-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

Spryng,
It sounds like you and sil are really doing better! I am glad to hear that! Have fun today!

Crystal,
Have fun at breakfast! Sorry you are up so early this morning.

Leigh,
I just wanted to tell you again how great I think you look And BTW, we aren't the same weight! LOL You passed me up!!! I better get my butt back in motion!

Have a great day everyone!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

Crystal - too bad you didn't sleep in this morning! I hope you feel better day and have a wonderful day!!

Leigh - I can't wait to hear your next weigh in!! I'm sure it will be a knock out!! How are the exercise videos coming along?

Penny - How you doin girly? I sent you a PM last night but I dunno if you got it or not. I hope things have slowed down quite a bit for you from last week You need some room to breathe.

Spryng - It sounds as if you had a wonderful day out with SIL!! Thats wonderful that you seem to be forging a great friendship with her

Well crap I was going to make this longer but Teagan is being clingy so I'll be back later. Everyone I didn't address, I hope you are all doing great and Have a great day!!
TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 AM   #5  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies,
I used to post here a while back and would like to rejoin the forum.
I just started WW-online this week because I would like to be close to my ideal weight when I turn 30 which is less than 6 months away. So far, it hasn't been too bad, I've been staying within my allotted points and getting in plenty of exercise.

Hope everyone is having a good week!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Lori - Welcome back! I'm Michelle sahm to 2 yo Taylor and 8 month old Teagan. We have a few people with us who are doing WW and they love it. Hope to get to know you better

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Welcome back Lori!! I do ww too. The at home program. I just LOVE it! I hit my goal weight back in april and now I'm working on my personal goal weight. So tell us all about yourself again so we can get reaquainted with you.

Michelle, yes SIL and I usually get along great. And now we are learning to crochet together so that is fun. She is making a neat blanket. She mowed my lawn yesterday so I treated her to dinner and crochet stuff. But actually I've been getting along with everyone lately... things are going sooo great! (now that I said that out loud something bad will happen...lol)

Penny, you have a great day too! What are you up to today?

Leigh, are you still making those Saving Dinner recipes? I'm making those pork cutlets tonight for sure. Last night we ate out.

What is everyone doing today? I'm just staying home today. My house is still clean so I guess I'll waste the day away crocheting, lol, then SIL will be over sometime today and she'll have dinner here. What are you all making for dinner tonight?
Ok, guess I'll get off here and get my day started. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:13 AM   #8  
2BoysMom

My usual morning quick hello!

Hi Lori, welcome back!!

Spryng, there's a Hobby Lobby about 1/2 hour away but I haven't been there yet. Heard they have everything...but right now I don't need ANYTHING! Selling some craft stuff in the rummage. $$ will hopefully pay for the dishwasher

Leigh, there are pics of me on the Moms Losing Weight site . I used to be a natural brunette, but unfortunately the greys are taking over so now I color it a medium golden brown..still brunette.

Ooops, gotta go change Tony...he's not smelling too good. Then still working on rummage stuff.

Hi to all! I'll check back in later!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #9  
2BoysMom

Oh..dinner is country style ribs and I don't know what else. Our grocery store has started these meal deals every 2 weeks. You buy the meat and you get like 4 things free. This week and next is buy the ribs, get cornbread, potato salad, Bush's beans and a 2 liter of soda free. Can't pass these things up even though I don't need the potato salad
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Wow Geri those meal deals sound great!!! Are the ribs over priced to make up for the "free" items?? lol. I love country stule ribs. I don't like potatoe salad either, now macaroni salad is good. Yes Hobby Lobby has lots of neat stuff and if you can get it on sale then you can find great deals, last night all their cross stitch stuff was marked WAY down, but not crochet. But that is ok, I really didn't need anything anyway, lol.
Well it looks like I'll get to see The Chronicles of Riddick this weekend! (I'm a Vin Diesil fan) Dh went and saw it the other day and said it was awesome so my SIL made a deal with my dh yesterday that she will watch the kids for us this weekend so we can take FIL to see it and then the next time DH is in me and SIL get to go watch a movie without the kids. And he went for it so that sounds good to me! LOL. So I am looking forward to that.
Well I got my new ww magazine today so I've been engrossed in that. Just ate a pb&j sandwich for lunch. Guess I'll go find something to do!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:17 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

Smile I came to a decision....

Good morning everyone,
Hope your all doing well today. As some of you know I have been stressing over the excersise part of my weightloss plan. And, while some of you may think it is just an excuse, the heat is just too much for me to excersise outside right now and my apt/livingroom is too small to follow any kind of aerobic tapes. However, I do know one thing and that's that I DON'T was to stop eating healthy or losing weight. So I have decided to continue my diet (food wise) and for excersise, I am, for right now, going to *DANCE*.
LOL, this might sound stupid to you all, but I really enjoy dancing in my kitchen to all my favorite music. I can turn on the A/C and be comfortable but still get my heartrate up to a point where I am burning calories.
When the kids go back to school in the fall, I can start going to the gym as I have planned and do my weights and aerobic classes but for right now, this is going to be my plan.
I am sure the weight wont be coming off in heaps and bounds, BUT THAT'S OK!! cause I will be eating healthy, drinking lots of water and having fun and to me, thats what is most important.
I will understand if you think this idea of mine is stupid or you dont think it is approriate for me to be posting here any more because of my new choices.

I got to do what works for me.
nagsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:58 PM   #12  

Talking My NEW excersise goals :)

Hi all,
I downloaded some great music last night and this morning and burned it on to a few CD's. This is going to be my excersise music. One is 31 mins and the other is 33 mins long. My goal for this week (until sunday) is to dance to these CD's twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. I love this music and i know this is going to be a blast.

Whooohooo, motiviation is peaking again
Old 06-16-2004, 02:45 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi . . .

Good afternoon. Today is going pretty well, but TOM is due next week, so I'm feeling very moody and frustrated.

Penny - hi! I think you still weigh less than me . . . am I wrong? ANyway, thanks for the compliment! We have a similar goal weight, though

Michelle - I'm excited for my next WI too. It will be on Friday. Hope you're having a good day.

Hi, Lori! Welcome back and nice to meet you. I'm leigh - SAHM to a 7-moth-old named Liam. I've been married for 2 years to a great guy I'm also doing WW and am in week 5. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Spryng- Hi! I'll be making saving dinner recipes this week - it was harder when the in-laws were here It's hard getting everyone's schedules together. Anyway, my mother and sister arrive tomorrow, but are ataying a week, so I'll be cooking a lot. let me know how the pork turns out.

Geri - I'll have to go take a peek at your photo, then.

Lisa- I think dancing is a good idea. Your exercise should be something you enjoy - and, like you said, it gets your heart rate up, so that's all that matters!

Dinner tonight is a WW meal. I'm making pasta for DH, but am going out with a friend to a scrapbook store for mom's night out. So, I'm eating before DH and just leaving the pasta and bread for him. Do I really have money in this motnh's budget for more scrapbook supplies? Noooo . . . but I'm sure I'll find something I can't live without
Old 06-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #14  

Talking WhooHooo Dancing the pounds away...

WHEW!!
I did my first 31 mins to my music CD that I made and it was soooo much fun. It was also an awesome workout. I briefly stopped to take my pulse, half way thru my CD, it was up to 122 lol so I have no doubt that I am burning calories with this new workout of mine.
I am going to burn more 30 & 45 min CDs so I can listen to different music and not let it get boring.
My kids were looking at me like I was nuts, dancing around the kitchen/livingroom and mabey I am BUT I was having a blast and feel really good knowing that I can continue my weightloss journey. YEAHHH!!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Lisa- so happy that you're excited about the exercise! Good for you

Now, gals, don't think I'm completely crazy, but I'd like your opinion on something. When I reach my first 15lb loss, we'll most likely be in Wisconsin for 4th of July weekend. I want to buy a dress for that weekend to wear in celebration of my 15lb loss. Now, ya'll know my body type - busty and hippy Do you think the dress below would be flattering for an hourglass type figure? I think the tight around waist, then the flair at the bottom might balance out the hips a bit. And the rouching (sp??) may disguise some other issues. Anyway, tell me what you think. It's a cotton-jersey material, so it's fairly casual. I'm showing you the full length in black, but I'd get it in the greyish-blue color (photo 2). Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress1.jpg (19.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg dress2.jpg (29.3 KB, 43 views)