South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 06:16 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Talking Happy Hump Day

Yahoo it is my favorite day of the week again. How is it going chickies. My day so far is great. Mind you it is only 7:15 in the morning and much can change but so far so good. I have been up for an hour and even got to go for a ride on the school bus at 6:30. Well chickies any hot topics for today?? Be back soon must go get the youngest dd up to face the day. This is where the whole day could change. Wish me luck she is one grizzly in the mornings.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:23 AM   #2  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Woohoo I am actually up to be the first response! Well actually I haven't gone to bed yet so I guess it doesn't count

I used to be such a crank in the mornings, my poor mother. See, I was never a morning person.

Not much on my agenda for today, some sleep perhaps! A little later I will be hanging out with some girlfriends. Maybe a movie, maybe coffee. I have to think up of some snacks to have because knowing them there will be junk there. I haven't really ventured from home for long enough periods in the three weeks I have been on this.

Little chick my parents live in Moncton. I lived there for grade 11 and 12 but have been in Halifax ever since. More similarities...same province at least, lol.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 06-02-2004, 07:27 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

How cool is that I was in Halifax last month for my daughters dance competition. I can't believe you were up all night. Do you work nights? I am a morning person I don't think I have ever did an all nighter ever.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I've been up since my usual 5 AM. Gorgeous sunrise this morning after a night of torrential rain.

Hersh and I are off to the nursing home this morning. I hope to get some plants into the ground this afternoon. The Village planters (all 13) are now done - only one more private one to do and some snaps to bung in at the Fairground and I can concentrate on MY stuff!

Happy Hump Day I wish!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:29 AM   #5  

morning little chick and steph and all you beach beauties yet to post,
i used to be a nite owl i could stay up all night then keep going for a good part of the day, the older i get tho the harder it is to stay awake past midnight.

well lindseys graduation is over, they had a really nice mass (small catholic school there are 24 kids in the 8th grade this year.) all of the children participated. there were alot of tears and now she moves on to the next stage in her life that will be over in a flash!! proud mommy boast.....she got a part scholarship for high school !!! i'm so proud of her i could bust. everything was perfect until it was time for the rose presentation each child holds a bouquet of roses to give to their parents at the end of the ceremony the kids of divorced familys get 2 bouquets to give one to mom and one to dad. well my x-husband did not show, my dd came over and gave me the bouquet i gave her a kiss on the cheek and she burst into tears and said "my father is not here!!!", luckily her step-father had enough presence of mind to stand up and accept the other bouquet from her and consoled her. i want so badly to call him today and chew him out!!!! how do you just not show up for your daughters graduation??? this is one of the main reasons we got divorced in the first place. grrrr ok my little rant is done.
well hope you all have a great day!!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:34 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Justjodi - give me his address and I'll have his balls for bookends! He does have two?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #7  

ruth i don't think he has any!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:54 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Well, I'd think of something!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:07 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

Jodi you must be so proud. Give your dd a huge hug for me and tell her I said congratulations. As for the no good son of a ..... you should give us all his number and we will chew him out for you. He will get his just deserts someday. My sister in laws ex is the same way. He is only hurting your dd and someday he will relize it when it is too late. Hugs to you sweetie.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

Jodi -- I double that hug of congrats!

Me? P1 again -- had my veggie omlet this AM. Forgot about lunch plans so I went to the store this morning for nothing! Well, I can use it for tomorrow's lunch.

Hope all are well!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:18 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies. P1 (day 2) and so far, so good.

Jodi~~It sounds like you ended up with the right man.

Ellis~~I hope your dad is doing well. Keep us posted, sweetie, and remember to take of yourself, too.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:30 AM   #12  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Little chick: Yes I work nights. Even on the nights I don't work I am still up all night. I pull all nighters all the time. It all started in university!

Ruth: you sound like you have quite the green thumb. Any tips on planting a balcony herb garden? Like when, how, where, what? haha

Justjodi: congrats to your daughter. Yes her dad is a jacka**. Ruth's bookend idea is a good one. My father was the same and now that I am 24, he suddenly wants to be a father--when he is not wanted. it's not fair to your daughter, or you but I am glad she has two great parents now.

Jenn: Hope you had a good lunch. Do you go shopping everyday for your meals. I am too lazy for that,

2BFIT1: Woohoo on day two. Do you have any of the withdrawl symptoms that are normal with phase 1 the first time around (for some)?

Ellis: I hope all is going well for you and your father as well.

Haven't been to bed yet, and it is 11:30am. Eek
Old 06-02-2004, 10:44 AM   #13  

Jodi, my heart goes out to your daughter. How wonderful that she has a stepfather who can show her what a real father is. With his support, she'll learn to forgive -- because there's nothing worse she or we can wish on her bio-dad than what he's doing to himself. So why sour herself? It's just not worth the pain or the time.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #14  

Good Morning Everyone!

I am so excited to start the new month of June! I have 30 days to study until part 1 of my exam (business/economics) and am psyched!

Have any of you heard of the magazine for women Fitness RX? I purchased that yesterday at the grocery store and am really impressed with it. There are tons of hints and tips on weight loss, and even a section of Q&A with Dr. Agatston. There are cartoon figures of fit women instead of the typical bone thin women you generally see. I am really pleased with it and thinking about subscribing myself.

Also there is a great new show that I discovered. We recently upgraded our cable to digital cable and now get the "style" channel. The show is called "The Look for Less" and is hosted by Elisabeth Hasselback. In it the woman on a budget and in need of a new outfit is sent shopping with a designer and must complete the designer look she selects at the beginning of the show within 1 hour.

Anyway, as you can see I am doing anything but studying (or working) today. I hope you all have a great day!!
Old 06-02-2004, 10:51 AM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hello

Good morning to you all. I'm off to fly to Nashville tomorrow for the birth of my 3rd grandbaby! Woohoo. If my daughter in law hasn't done anything by then, they are going to induce her. My oldest daughter is also driving from Texas to be with us so I get to see two of my kids! Six months between visits isn't fun. My daughter has been doing SB so I'm excited to see her.

Played in the garden this morning, felt so good to be in the dirt after such a long winter. I'm in my zen! Picked a bowl full of strawberries that I'm going to relish and not share.

Hope you all have a good day!
Closed Thread