South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 11:22 PM   #1  

Default WW to SBD?

Hello, I have been here before but not sure if anyone would remember me

I am trying to loose 30-40 pounds. Right now I am doing WW, which I DO like overall with all the variety but it seems that no matter what I am always on the brink of hunger....even after eating a lot of high fiber veggies. I am loosing weight of course, but gosh all I think about is I need more food to eat!

I have done SBD before and I really liked it BUT I lost no weight on it and I did it for 2 weeks. I did love the way I felt (I have blood sugar problems) and I enjoyed the food I could eat overall. I ate a lot of black beans, salads, etc But why didn't I loose anything? It says to eat when you are hungry and till you are full, which I did, but why no loss at all? I have never been on a diet before where I didn't loose anything ya know? And no, I wasn't working out so there was no muscle gain (I wish....lol).

Can you overeat on this diet I guess is what I am asking? If so, how do you control your portion size and know what is to much. Like for instance, one of my fav things to eat for lunch or as a snack if I got hungry was a chicken salad made with mayo, I made black bean taco salads (with no chips of course) and I never stuffed myself. I used a lot of olive oil in my cooking...maybe I used to much? But he never really talks about what is "too much" in the book ya know?

I guess I am just confused because I really enjoyed the SBD but I am very frusterated that I had no loss at all with it.

I have read the book a few hundred time but I have since sold it on ebay, I liked what the Dr had to say, but the book was not very clear IMO...is there anything better out now that is maybe more clear?

Skinnymini

Last edited by skinnymini; 05-21-2004 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Skinnymini, it's quite possible you were eating too much. What about water? You need to drink a LOT of water. You may think you're hungry when you're actually dehydrated.
What about exercising? If you're not currently doing any, some cardio could really kick-start your loss.
Closed Thread