Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Talking Canada Day/Independence Day Challenge

Hi all,

We haven't done one of these in a while, a challenge... This challenge is for everyone and really has no specific rules...

Basically, set some goals for yourself, check in once a week, and each week figure out what you did that worked for you in getting to your goal. Also note times where it will be a challenge to stay OP (a weekend away, a wedding (note to brides, you don't have to apply this for your own wedding)) Think of stratagies to handle the various situations and definitely feel free to ask for advice.

My goals for Canada Day:

Be active in some way 6 days a week (doesn't have to be formal exercise, could be a walk etc)!

Stay OP every day, but a free meal once in a while.

Deal with my stressors

Expectations:

Lose 10lbs (dream would be 15lbs, but 10 is realistic)and/or 29" waist

My danger zones:

Stress (moving etc)
Weekend away in Toronto

Reward for making my goals (not the weight one, sometimes the body doesn't respond): A pedicure

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-27-2004, 01:11 PM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Ali - on my wedding day, I plan to have a "free meal" but that is abotu 23.5 weeks away....

Well....here are my goals for the next 9 weeks to Canada Day:
1. Remain OP and aim to make WI each week.
2. Exercise (formally or not) 5x/week.
3. Weight goal: Onederland
Old 04-27-2004, 07:27 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

OK - My turn for (the unofficial) Kier's wedding challenge:

1) Get my butt to WI and get on the scale EVERY Saturday - no more excuses!!
2) Exercise at least 4X a week (that's a minimum of 2X volleyball and 2 lunch hour hikes)
3) Challenges - Vacation in June to Virginia - I tend to be bad when I'm on holidays so I will make a point to take my journal - my sister nursing three babies is not a help because she eats A LOT - she needs the calories for those little monsters - and I will try to convince (and help them) to cook instead of take out.
4) Weight Goal - I'll have to actually WI on Saturday but my goal will start small - 10 pounds down.
5) Reward - I will get a pedicure for pretty summer feet (but only if I make my goal) - thanks for the idea Ali!

KT
Old 04-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

You know I'm joining!
ok My goals
10 pounds down
drink 64 oz of water
as soon as I get out of school aka next week get df to walk with me every night he doesn't know about this yet
Old 05-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Hey Challengers!!

I met my goals for last week. I ate well and exercised every day and went to volleyball twice. I didn't exercise over the weekend but I have a walk at lunch today and volleyball again tonight. I also braved the WI and I'm not as high as I was worried about. I'd really like to hit "onederland" by kier's wedding (our unofficial challenge title) - I don't think it's too unrealistic. We'll see how this week goes.

How did everyone else do?

KT
Old 05-04-2004, 02:17 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Kier, Ali and KT....my official first week is up tomorrow. But, I can say honestly, I have had a good OP week. I haven't had much "formal" exercise but the informal has been steady and surely packing counts for SOME Activity points, right Tomorrow I find out how it went...hopefully it went well.

My sister who just had the baby and her husband have both joined WW so now the whole fam is on except for my other sisters hubby and DF (who is the only thin person in the whole exteneded family).

WELL I best get my butt outside for a quick walk before I miss the nice weather. Supposed to snow tomorrow....

Adios amigas!
Old 05-04-2004, 03:03 PM   #7  
Running Babe

I met my goals and found out why my weight was up today (TOM) so I am feeling much better about it I have been active each and every day and went for a walk at lunch.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #8  

Talking Wanted to join in!

I have about 8 weeks until Independence day here so I thought I would get a late start but a start no less. Dh and I are going up North for July 4th wknd and we always stop at the outlet malls on the way there so I have already been thinking about this one.

1. Work out (Pilates (20m.Video/4x at least) (Cardio 4x at least). I am currently averaging 4 of these combined.

2. Continue to be OP with SBD.

3. Drop 8lbs.

4. Fit into my Khaki Capri's that I haven't worn in 3 summers.

5. Don't go crazy when I am in Florida with my sister. I plan to choose 2 splurges 1 being cheesecake factory and one free one

Ok I think that is it.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #9  
Running Babe

I am splurging on cheesecake pie this weekend, so I skipped Pizza last night and had a Subway Salad!!

I have been active everyday but need a few more intensive workouts!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-12-2004, 01:23 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

So my second week of the challenge went alright - I went to WI - down .2 - I'm fine cause at least it wasn't up. This week is TOM so I have to be VERY careful to not give in to my cravings but hopefully this weekend will see me down. I walked 4 lunch hours and once on the weekend and I went to volleybal twice. My goal for this weekend is not to splurge so much like I did last weekend. MUST STAY OP!!

KT
Old 05-12-2004, 01:33 PM   #11  
Running Babe

I had an awesome workout and my weight is steadily going south... yah

KT: chances are you have lost even more than that and you'r ejust contending with water weight!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

OK - weekend went well! I got in a fair bit of exercise but didn't stay completely OP - I worked out afterwards that my flexpoints are all used up for the week so I am "kind-of" OP but not really because I will probably use a few flexpoints this week. But I DID WI and I was down 1# and that's a good thing. I plan to continue with my lunch-hour hikes and volleyball and good food this week which will hopefully see a loss of at leat 1# next week too. I also tried things I've never tried before which is high on my list. I bought an acorn squash (which I will cook for dinner tonight or tomorrow) and I bough long an nuts which are like Lychee only smaller and very yummy (must find points - I've been estimating). Is everyone else on track with the challenge!?!

KT
Old 05-17-2004, 03:36 PM   #13  

I am on track with the challenge for the most part. I have 4 more pounds to go but I haven't been exercising like planned. I will get it in this week though b/c I will be on vacation and have already planned for exercise. I am finally over TOM (I think) so I should have more energy to work out like I should.

Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats KT!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:18 AM   #14  

hey i'm new here but not really,i've occasionally checked out the site for the last 6 years or so. I'm from MB, Salut belle québecoise. ANyways, i'm 5'3 used to weigh 164 and after a vacation to Vegas saw pics of myself and decided it was time to lose some serious weight, so since December i've lost 22lbs, and now weigh 142lbs, but i would still like to lose around 20lbs. Problem is is that i'm still following points properly but have stopped losing weight steadily. I haven't lost any weight now for i'd say about 6 weeks, which really sux. SO im gonna try the wendie plan. Anybody have any other suggestions. It was really working before, and for the first time in my life i lost a significant amount of weight, so this is extremely frusterating. Especially when some people tell me that i don't need to lost anymore. BUt realistically i'm still a few pounds overweight, i just look way better than i used to. Don't get me wrong, i'm super proud of the steps i've taken to be healthier. But i'd just like to see myself at a normal weight. thanx, wow it was good to get that off my chest
Old 05-18-2004, 08:31 AM   #15  
Running Babe

Ladi: Hi there hope all is well in Friendly Manitoba, anyway, you could try the Wendy plan, maybe also change some of your food choices too. Are you eating enough fat? For some people adding a tsp of Olive oil can make a huge difference Welcome, feel free to post in the daily thread... I look okay where I am at too, but I want to be tighter and fitter and would like to be at a BMI or 23 or 24.

Just learned my scale may have been messing up and my weight is higher than I thought argh!! It might be water retention though, but argh!!! I am getting smaller though and have been building muscle... maybe I should just measure myself?

Cheers ladies!!

Ali
Closed Thread