Old 04-23-2004, 01:50 AM   #1  
thin within

Default tgif--4/23

mornin' all. it is always so quiet when i first get on, as all or most of you are still sleeping. i am 7 hours ahead of est. i hope all of you are all rested for a great weekend, wherever you are. it feels so good to be back and tracking everyone's journeys. have a super weekend everyone! now it's time to grab a cup o' joe.

karen--congrats on the new job!

congrats to everyone for working on living and enjoying healthier lives!
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Friday Morning Fullfig and all others who pop in afterwards...
I'm so happy today is Friday, it's going to be a nasty day at work (big bosses and owner coming in today)..but it will be well worth it not having to look at the place for 2 days afterwards. So today when I get home I'm going grab another walk and then take the car around to find out how much milage I've put on the past couple of days. And thats about it for my plans this weekend I'm going to do some cleaning and I'm going to relax!!
Well time to hit the road, I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Karen - Your new position sounds wonderful! Congratulations!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #3  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning all!

Life has been getting in the way of my postings!!!!! It's the end of the school year, and the paperwork has me buried on most days, making it harder and harder to get online to check up on everyone. My prime time is at 10:00 p.m., when most of you are in bed and offline.

I've been working now on maintaining, getting psychologically ready for another big PUSH in the weight loss area. Morning workouts have fallen by the wayside, since I'm needing to get into my classroom earlier and earlier and earlier just to keep on top of things. The spirit is willing, but the clock is my enemy! I can't wait for this madness to be over.

Fullfig and Trazzie: I'm looking at your stats and the two of you INSPIRE ME!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:23 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning!!!!

It's Friday! It's Friday! Yippeeee!! Not much to report this morning... just the usual stuff going on.... although I must say it's good to see sped again!!! I can totally relate to the end of the year shuffle. Not only does the paperwork get outrageous but the kids get anxious and squirrely and half the time I'm not sure if I'm coming or going!
But, the BF has his "interview" today. We're not really sure what it is, they told him to "stop by" and then last week they called and said they had to reschedule their "meeting" with him. So UGH. He really needs this internship in order to graduate so I'm so incredibly nervous. Please keep your fingers crossed will ya?
Got into an idiotic fight with my sister last night while we were walking. I've been soooo testy lately. I even got into it with a coworker this week and I NEVER do that. I always keep my cool. I think it's gonna be this way for most of the spring/summer though... I have some really sad memories sprouting up from last year and it's just getting me so down. And, on top of that, the lady across the hall just lost her father yesterday. Gawd, I don't mean to be depressing. Ya'll have a GREAT day!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:23 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Spedmom: Hope you catch up on your work soon. Before you know it summer'll be here and hopefully you can relax a tad more!

Trazzie: Hope your day goes fast so you can start enjoying this weekend

Fullfig: I'm never sure how that est and central and time zones stuff work. I can never remember if EST is an hour ahead or behind (or two) me here in Wisconsin. lol Have a great day!

Karen: Sounds like you found your perfect job! Lucky you and congrats!!

Well, decided I need to get back on track a little. I've been eating WAYY too much extras (pumpkin bars & pistacchios) and not enough healthier stuff. So before the scale halts again I've got to get back to exercising (might not do that today cuz DH and I are doing our shopping--exercise in itself!!) and not eating "junk" food. I tell myself "well, at least it's lowcarb" as an excuse. Nope. Gotta quit that. I'm hoping to walk w/my mom again tomorrow. That was a fast 2 1/2 miles and there was a lot to look at (country-side stuff). I'm hoping this day goes fast! We're only supposed to be in the 50's. But it's a start!!! At least it's sunny!!
Have a great day everyone
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:25 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Rhonda you little sneak!! Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Hope all works out in the end!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the BF. Enjoy your weekend
Old 04-23-2004, 08:43 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies. I hopped on the scale again this morning because I was drinking water like a race horse yesterday and was a little curious.....I'm down 1. YIPPEE. I think this weight I put back on will slide off fast. I can feel it.
Stopped at the store this morning to get a bag of peacans. I love those things and they are only 1 gram for a 1/4 c. Not to shabby. Better than eating peanuts! I must have a snack.

Brenda: You can't be being that bad because you are always losing I wish! I try very hard to resist the "low carb" snacks. That would just be substituting one thing for another. I need to break that habit.

Shimma: Sorry you are feeling a little blue. Whatever your memories are don't let them take over too much. You have such wonderful things going on now. I will keep my fingers crossed for your bf.

Spedmom: At least it is the end of the year! What do you do for the summer? Is that something you can look forward to to get through this push?

Trazzie: Yuk! bosses.....on a Friday to boot! Have a great weekend.

fullfig: It is so nice to have you back.....I think I said that yesterday too

Karen: that job sounds terrific for you! Congrats

Well, I need to start some work. I will check in later.

Last edited by jane8760; 04-23-2004 at 08:47 AM.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:22 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Karen: Congrats on the new job!

Fullfig: It so great seeing you around again!

Trazzie: The countdown for the end of the workday is on...

Spedmom: It's good seeing you around again.

Shimma: I hope you start feeling better.

Brenda: It sounds like you're making some healthy decisions. Although I'm like Jane, you're always losing weight!

Jane: Congrats on losing one pound! The others will come off soon.

I think I'm going shopping tonight. Do you ever get to the point where you are extremely disastisfied with every option of clothing you have? Just all of a sudden, I decided everything I owned was out-of-style, and I need some new clothes. All my clothes were fine a few days ago, but this feeling suddenly hit, and now I can't wear any of them. Not sure why...

Things have been going pretty decently, except for a run-in with some low-carb beer on Wednesday. I figure it was for a special occassion, but 13 carbs for beer is pretty ridiculous. I definitely need to get into the hard stuff!

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:53 AM   #9  

Good Morning Everyone Thank God it is finally Friday!!!!! I usually dont' look forward to Fridays, because it means 12 hours of work..a few hours of sleep and then back to work for 9 hours Sat. morning, but not this weekend!!!! I am only working 1/2 a shift today, then off til Monday morning!!! And the best part is...the bosses start their vacation next week, and mine is the next, so I am boss free for 2 weeks!! It's definately gonna be a great day!!! We're leaving this afternoon for our place at the beach, so I gotta get some packing done before work. Going to take lots of summer clothes down there and leave them, where when I am ready this summer I can just hop in the truck and go! I got almost everything accomplished yesterday on my day off. Got the truck cleaned up, house cleaned up, caught up on laundry, went to the meeting at work, went to nephews ballgame, and even had time to meet a friend for dinner. After dinner I stopped by to see my 4 month old neice/nephew (twins) omg they are soooooo cute lol they have started laughing like crazy. I could have brought em both home with me

Fulfig: Glad that you are back with us! And where are you at? I am usually still up when you are here. I am a real night owl. Just don't usually get on computer much that late! Usually curled up somewhere with a good book.

Trazzie: Congrats on that walk you have been doing. Keep it up! uughhhh at the bosses on Friday. But at least you have the weekend to look forward to. And btw.. your pictures were fabulous. And you were a knockout in that dress!

Paula: Welcome back!! And hope you busy schedule dont' keep you away from here too much longer...it's almost summer!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Rhonda: Hope you are feeling better soon! I will keep my fingers crossed for the BF let us know how it goes. Have a great weekend, and enjoy your time with the BF!

Brenda: Enjoy your time with the hubby out shopping. Mine has gone ONCE since we have been married and that was about 3 years ago. We still have stuff in the cupboards that he bought He bought all kinds of stuff he thought he liked because he was hungry. And have fun on that walk tomorrow with your mom. It's nice when you can get some excercising while spending quality time with a loved one! I am still thinking of and praying for your FIL and all of he family. Keep us informed!

Jane: on the pound. I am sure that you will get the other off too in no time flat. I have also started on the pecans. They are so yummy, and the carb count is great for a little snack! Hope you have a great weekend!

Jina: I can sooooo relate to you on the clothes thingy. I went through all my "smaller" clothes the other night. It's good to get into some of them that I have not been able to wear in a long time, but they are sooooooo not in style. I put one outfit on the other day. It fit perfectly. I looked in mirror and thought..OMG did I ever really wear something that looked like that? So, in a week or so think I am gonna go on a shopping spree. Only thing is I hate to buy much becuase I am determined to lose a lot more! Have a great weekend, and enjoy that shopping trip!

You ladies have a fabulous weekend, and I will try to check in this afternoon, but if not, I will check in Sunday night when I get home!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:10 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning chiquitas!

Well I did it (for those of you who were not present last night) I posted my updated picture on the progress thread, wow I really can see a difference whent he pictures are next to each other. ON a side note, I have no idea what kinda of face i was making in the picture, DH caught it on the sly cause I am sooooo bad about letting my picture be taken! I am still on induction and feeling fine, got all the way thru TOM without a slip up, although yesterday about all I ate was fat and red meat with a little veggies thrown in, but hey i was still at 11 carbs!! LOL Hope all of you have a great weekend!!

Jane Excellent JOB!!! Yeah to drinking like a race horse!

Sped Great to hear from you!!!

Lisa Glad you will have a great day at work!!! Yippeeee party bosses gone!

OOO Jina I love to shop, have fun!

Brenda walking is great exercise!! I love to walk, yeah sometimes you just gotta rein yourself in and say just cause its LC doesn't mean it is good for me. Great Job!!

Shimma GOOD LUCK coming to your BF!!!!

Trazzie Sounds like a good plan for the weekend, have fun girl!!

Karen: the new job sounds excellent!!!!!!

HI Fullfig!!! It is soooo great to have you back!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:20 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Brenda I can't hearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you !! neeneer neeenner neeeeener

Have a great friday all
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:23 AM   #12  
Head Princess

Morning!

I have got to get in here earlier or it takes me forever to do personals

I got together with one of my best girlfriends last night. That was such a good thing! For those that didn't know, I have a history of disordered eating. This friend of mine has a similar history and it turns out that we've both been struggling with fighting a relapse. So I'm re-dedicated to treating my body right. We also talked about all the recent bad behavior. She got me feeling better there, too. There's been a lot of wildness in my life lately and while I am a little wild, this is way more than normal. I think we've got that worked out too so life is good

Fullfig - it's so funny that when you started the thread, it was almost 11:00 at night here. I was still up!

Trazzie - Happy Friday!!!!

Spedmom - glad you're back!

Shimma - fingers are crossed

Brenda - you're doing great, give yourself some credit

Jane - congrats on the pound!

Jina - I'm right there with you on the clothing! I'm actually going shopping tonight for something saucy to make me feel better

Mrs H - Your friday's don't sound fun at all! I'll take a nap for you today

TG - the picture is great! We need to go out, girl!

Have a great day, everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Leenie!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:49 PM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

Good morning...or late morning...or afternoon for some of you! Got on a pair of Levi's I havent been able to for awhile so Im a happy camper...did ya hear me holler?

Fullfig- Im a newbie, but it sure looks like you're loved around these parts...Im glad to be in the company of such great ladies

Trazzie- When I took my car around, I got to a place where two cul-de-sacs butted up to each other and were intersected by a sidewalk...I put the convertible into "truck-mode" and went right over it!

Speedmom- I hear ya- Im a teacher too and next week starts cat6 testing...not looking forward to THAT

Rhonda- I get like that too- pretty testy to those around me...ESPECIALLY if Im hungry and cant eat

Brenda- How lucky that you have wonderful country scenery to keep you entertained! My kingdom for a treeor an animal that doesnt try and bite me!

Jane- WOOT! Down a pound! *does congratulatory dance*

Jina- Only EVERY morning...Dale just stares at me and cocks his head like a confuzzled dog as I stand inside a crammed full closet yelling "I haven't got one thing to wear!!!"

Lisa- Beaches and Babies! my favorite combo- Im stuck going to a car show this weekend (oh. joy.)

TG- You stopped at 11!....I distinctly remember saying more than once..."Im at 19...what can I eat worth one?"

Leenie- Everytime I see that popcorn eatin smilie I get hungry!...Man! If only I had some low carb water to wash it down

Star- A fellow wyld chyld...my kind of people !
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:56 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

marie: Congrats on getting into your jeans! Don't ya love that feeling?

Star: Sounds like you had a real heart to heart talk. Glad you're feeling better! I can't believe how close to goal you are! That is awesome!!

Leenie: CAN YA HEAR ME NOW? Hope ya have a great day!

Theo'sgirl: You're pictures are awesome!!! Keep up the good work

Mrs H: Wow. TWO whole weeks w/out a boss? I wish I knew what that was like!!! Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for the FIL

jina: You must have read my mind! I've been looking at some of my jeans thinking WHAT was I thinking!! GREEN jeans? So I'm thinking/hoping to pick up a couple new pair tonight. Maybe I should skip the jeans and go right for the shorts (if it'd ever warm up). lol Have fun shopping!

Jane8760: Congrats on the pound gone!!

Ya know, I thought I understood how this all worked. Figured if I stuck with healthy foods and didn't stuff myself I'd lose weight. But it seems only since I've added "junk" to my menu that the weight is coming off. Of course, I'm exercising a bit more so maybe that helps also. Wonder what would happen if I gave up the junk and continued to exercise!! lol DH isn't home yet (fishing) so looks like we'll have to wait until the daughters are home. No worries---I'll just make him go w/me to the next town to shop instead