Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default Wed. 2/4 what y'all doing today?

so.....what are ya doin? what's new? where've ya been? how's it hangin?

Keeping the little guy home from school today and I don't know if we'll ever get his meds straightened out. Feeling a bit blue about that. Luckily dh will watch him this morning while I take mom out to get her paws and claws done. Hope to take a liesurely (?) walk on the wild side of the treadmill today IF the little guy sleeps till nine or so.

Dropped 4 pounds by upping the water and exercising. Gee who'd of thought?????

come out come out where ever you are!

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 02-04-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:17 AM   #2  

I'm here! It's snowing hard here today and is really, really pretty.
This is a tough day though, because I have to put my 15 year old dog Garvey to sleep. He's old, in pain, really smelly and generally in not too good shape, but it is still very hard. I was doing okay with it until I watched my daughter telling him goodbye this morning. Then the waterworks broke loose for both of us.

Peach - I would never tear your hair out! I think all that fuzz is cute! Hope you can get your little fellas meds straightened out soon. Deep breaths, deep breaths.

That's all folks,
Chickadee

OMG - did you all see my number of posts? Hmmm...
Old 02-04-2004, 10:38 AM   #3  
Hang In There

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen]I'm here fuming more by the minute. I stayed home from the health club because yet another new housekeeper was supposed to be here at 9:00. I'ts now 9:34 and not a word from her. The reasone, I'm having to get a new one is the "old" one got to where she was not dependable. She would not come when she was supposed to, reschedule, then not come then, and it was getting on my nerves. Ole Alvin told me she quit because I was so tacky to her, but I pay to have her come, and I wanted her here when she was supposed to be. So I found someone else, and she charged me about 20.00 more and didn't do that good a job, so hence the one that's supposed to be here now! I thought I'd check in and post and get my mind off the fact she's late, but it's not working!
:
Old 02-04-2004, 10:46 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

oh chicka deedeedee... i'm so sorry about garvey. it's so sad when it's time to let them go. they give us so much and ask for so little. my thoughts and prayers for you all.

and peachie... i hope the little guy [the one who's not so little anymore!!!!] gets balanced. he's such a cutie pie.

what's on for me??? hmmm. support group tonight. i think we'll discuss how we talk to ourselves. what we say. self hate vs self love.

and work. seems quiet around here at the moment but that can change. and tomorrow night, a trip to the dentist, followed by dinner with a friend.

mom's fall last week sent her into an arthritis flair, so she's on prednisone and sleeping a lot. the doc wants to put her on remicade (infliximab), a monoclonal antibody to tumor necrosis factor -alpha, which plays a key role in immune-mediated inflammation, which is what RA is all about [don't you just hate it when i talk like this???]. but because it ends up suppressing her entire immune system, she has to have a TB test because there have been cases of serious flareups of inactive TB.

<sigh> it's always something.

gotta get moving on the plastic surgery.. gotta call the insurance company and the surgeon and a couple of extra docs to get them on board..

later gators...
Old 02-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #5  

Chickadee....how are you doing? Sending hugs your way. I'm so sorry about Garvey.

Barb...did your cleaning lady ever show up? When my boys were real little I had a cleaning lady come. I would pack the kids up and take them out for a while expecting to come home to a clean house. There were many times that she didn't show. Ticked me off. Now dh is retired and says he will help me with the cleaning and he really does! Remind me to be nicer to him!

Jiff, I have visions of you doing the multiple personality self love self hate thing up there on the podium. hug yourself/flogg yourself. sounds like fun you lucky duck! aren't ya glad I don't go to help you?

Where is everyone else???

Didn't get on the treadmill today cause the little guy got up shortly after I posted but I did lay down and do the upside down bike thing. The little guy thought that was great fun and he can do it way faster and longer than me!!!

have a nice evening!
peach
ps....Chickadee?????could you please post one more time soon? I can't handle that number!!!

Last edited by peach pit; 02-04-2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:29 PM   #6  

Alrighty then Peach. The number is changed!

Garvey is gone. It was peaceful and the right thing to do, but still very hard. Sigh. It was definitely a Ben and Jerry's day. Seriously, my daughter and I split a pint. How awful is that? I told her that sometimes life just calls for the hard stuff and not to let it become a habit when she's down.

'Tis all for now Chicksters.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:32 PM   #7  

Oh, Chickadee, I am so very sorry for the pain of your loss! It is just heartbreaking to say goodbye to family members like Garvey.
Barbara, I envy you for having a housekeeper. I have such idiosyncrasies about what touches what and what goes where, that I could never have one. So, I guess the house will just have to stay filthy; at least no one uses the floor sponge to clean the counter tops!
Peachie, your little guy will, eventually find a way, with the help of all the people who care for him. In the mean time, just enjoy him!
Jiffy, I hope your mom's situation improves soon. You know what I hear when you write all that stuff? The same as when DH talks to me:"remicade, wahhhh, woahhh, monoclonal, whaaaa, whaaaa", you know, like the teachers in Chrlie Brown. You brainy people make my eyes glaze over...
Hey all, new book that may finally explain some of my diff. with losing; YAY (get more protein and less carbs, of any kind, FOR ME, DUH!)
Good night all
Old 02-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Chickadee, I am shedding a tear for you. I lost my beloved cat Charlie last year. She was 17 and had been through my entire adult life with me. (i am 35). Pets are thebest part of our day.

it reminds me of the otherday singing in the shower as my yellow lab sat outside the door wiggling the more I sang, Who needs Simon when I have hannah!

Ok sorry to but in, but I am lurking again.
-L
Old 02-05-2004, 12:04 AM   #9  

Talking

Chickadee, My regrets for Gravey, I'm sure you feeling down today, and for a good reason. A good companion is hard to find and missed when gone.

Jiff take care of your mom. Your lucky to still have her yet. Its great of you to keep up on her care.

Peach a warm fuzzy hug to you. Your little one will find the magic meds needed, continue to keep smiling...
As for me well my day at work was uneventful, but its 11 pm and I am planning tommorrows day, snow, ice and sleet all scheduled to come in tonight. Its going to be a big one, and already figuring out who will not be able to come in tommorrow.
I think I may have to do the work of several, gee it's not always great to be the boss!

Ps a funny thing did happen this morning, My 4 year old grandson which we raise, asked today for a baby brother! He asked grandpa and I to go to the store and buy him one. Everyone one else at daycare has one, with this he put out his lower lip and pouted! I told him that babies were not bought at the store, and reminded him of another of the daycare kids whos mom has a baby in her tummy. Gee all that did was get me more questions. He wanted to know how the baby got there, my husband just laughed and said, you started this!

Last edited by Ditzy Blonde; 02-05-2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:04 AM   #10  
For my HEALTH...

Default Just checking in

I am looking forward to Friday. After thinking about it for a couple of years I am finally getting my computer hooked up to a cable connection.
I was getting so tired of being Thrown off and taking forever to download just about anything. If all goes well I will be flying from Forum to Forum at 100 miles an hour

Peach: Congrats on your 4 lb weight loss. Thanks for reminding us that WLS does not mean the END of watching what we eat and exercising.

Still: What book were you referring to that is helping you so much?

Chickadee: Sorry about Garvey. As all animal lovers know they become part of our families.

Barb G: I was going thru some of the other forums recently and I saw some of your older posts on Oxycise. How did that work for you? I tried Body Flex but I had a hard time with the end of the breath and the extreme pushing out of the air and pulling the muscles way in at the end of the breath. (large hernia did not help!)

Jiffy: I am glad you are keeping up with your support group. That is probably one of the reasons why you know so much about WLS.

Ditzy: Would something like a Cabbage Patch Kid substitute for a younger sibling?
Old 02-05-2004, 12:24 PM   #11  
Hang In There

I LOVE Oxycise The only problem with it is that you have to do it! It will not do a bit of good sitting on the VCR! Seriously, it is one of the best exercise programs I've ever come across. It combines the deep breathing with isometric stretching moves and from what I've read and heard, it's not nearly strenious as the Body Flex. The breath is so easy that once you get the hang of it yo can do it from your desk at work, and I've even got the commuter tape that you do while you are driving. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good way to start exercising, especially people who are overweight and having trouble doing conventional type of exercises.

SO why can't I get back into the habit of doing it? I need someone to report into and do it with me. When we had an Oxycise threat on the Exercise forum, I was very good at keeping it up, but since that fizzled out, so did I

Well got in touch with the new housekeeper and we had out days crossed. I'm not sure which one of us was right, but she did come today, so I'm a happy camper again!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:24 PM   #12  
For my HEALTH...

Thumbs down

Thanks Barb G I love your ENTHUSIASIM and use of color.

Since I have seen many positive posts (including yours) about Oxycise I an giving it a try.

I went to Amazom.com and ordered Oxycise EASY DOES IT-LEVEL ONE . I'll let you know how it all works out.

I was telling StillTrying that I have to laugh when I look at my Bookshelves. I have so many DIET BOOKS and CLUTTER CONTROL books, yet I am still FAT and have too much clutter!!! Oh well hope springs eternal.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:24 PM   #13  

Well, there you go Pookie, I eternally hope to spring into action and get rid of my own clutter, just as soon as one of those diet books proves effective!

Barbara, I also heard rave reviews re. Oxycising and ahem, have all the tapes right next to my own VCR. I keep them there safely, near my stairmaster that makes one of the most efficient clothes hangers I've found yet! I would think that all that dusting and moving them around would help me lose some wt. but nope, I guess now I have to SPRING too!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:27 PM   #14  

let me know when spring has sprung, will ya?

I'm tired. too much stuff going on and I am having trouble eating. BUT we did take the little guy with us on our walk today so at least I got that in. Alot of black ice so we did alot of trudging through the snow. We taught the little guy the relative merits of yellow snow. He thought that was pretty darn interesting! Used a scarf that Jiff had knitted to breathe into and protect my tender and fragile face . Worked out great...Jiff...can I have another?

Been thinking about pulling out my strong women stay young books and maybe some weights. operative word on "thinking".

nightie night!
peach
Old 02-05-2004, 10:52 PM   #15  
Old Cackler

weights???? that word was said by PEACHIE????? i'm fainting!!!! catch me!!!!
Closed Thread