Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 08:33 AM   #1  

In case anyone does not know, Fergie is scheduled for Rosie O'Donnell. Here in Boston, that is 4:00 on channel 4.

Liza
Old 03-26-2001, 11:48 AM   #2  

If anyone in Oakville, Ontario in Canada is home watching this and can tape it, please let me know. I'd love to see it and if you can tape the episode for me, I'll replace the tape.
Old 03-26-2001, 09:18 PM   #3  

Default Doubtful about Rosue

I saw Rosie today. She has lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks which is pretty good. For some reason i am a little skeptical about how she will do on this program. She told Fergie that she had 3 of the Silouette icecream cartwheels which is a total of 6 points. She just kept saying well I can have it . She is right, you can but you can also have 3 servings of Mcdonalds fries every day. i just don't think that is the approach WW teaches you. I just worry if she messes up on this program, will she bash WW? What do you all think?

Fran
Old 03-27-2001, 10:51 AM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

I saw the show yesterday and I think Rosie will do fine. She was really good about figuring the points when they had that little game going on.

And yes she did have 3 skinny cows - but honestly don't you think lots of people have done that? Old habits are hard to break - and we all have those moments now and then (I know we do). She is human like you or I.

I hope WW works out great for her. I will continue to track her progress and hey WW has done great for lots of people - Rosie is no different just because she is a TV person.

I say good luck to her!

Tara
Old 03-27-2001, 11:36 AM   #5  

I think it takes a lot of guts for a T.V. personality to go public with a diet. I dont even tell most people I know Im on one, for fear of failure.
I admire her courage and honesty. I think she can encourage many others to try, again. I know I felt encouraged, willing to give it another try. I feal like if Rosie can try so can I
Old 03-27-2001, 11:42 AM   #6  

I am a little skeptical myself. I have heard Rosie talking about other diets that she has been on and they never seem to last. What will make WW so different? (Don't answer that!) She is just that type of person that doesn't stick to a diet. She even said it herself. I think it would be great if she could stick to it, and I am not saying she won't. I am just basing my opinion on her previous dieting patterns. I don't think she will bash WW if she doesn't do well.

Marianne
Old 03-27-2001, 01:20 PM   #7  
Ready for a change

Default She can do this

Rosie can do this, for the same reason we can do this -

She doesn't have to give up anything she loves!!!

She just has to budget for it.

I think that's what has gotten her down in the past - feeling deprived.

In time, I hope she learns to eat better quality food, but for now, this is a great start!

GO ROSIE GO!
Old 03-27-2001, 02:28 PM   #8  

Well, Rosie and I have much in common. I too find it hard to stick with a diet. And my previous dieting patterns look as though I may never succeed. I've been on: The Zone, WW, CAD, Richard Simon's, TOPS. All that and my butt is still as big as Texas, weighing in at around 308?
I still refuse to listen to NEIGH sayers. I know when I am truly ready I will lose the weight. So will Rosie. She didn't have to share her struggle with the world, she could have chosen to do it in private. Yet, she wants to encourage others and let them know they are not the only ones who struggle, even the famous do. Go Rosie Go!
Old 03-27-2001, 03:51 PM   #9  

It looked to me as though she was taking the program more "seriously" since her previous show. Her friend's experience of counting her points for one day was a very strong statement for how easily we eat way more than we're aware.

I wish her well, and am glad that Fergie kept her in check a bit by addressing image/self esteem issues. Has anyone read her new book yet on this subject?
Old 03-27-2001, 04:32 PM   #10  

Default Rosie

Rosie is coming across exactly like the average 'real life' new member. Trying to get as many of her treats in as she can. Of course 3 ice cream bars per day is way too many, but....it is probably fewer than before W W. Also, with time she will learn to balance things out better.
Old 03-27-2001, 05:34 PM   #11  
Rat Terrier Chick

I think Rosie is very brave to tell the world she is on Weight Watchers. I'm cheering for her! GO ROSIE GO!
Old 03-27-2001, 09:18 PM   #12  
WW is for ME!!!!!

Judy,

Rosie said her friend (the one who played the game with her) was the one who had the 57 points in one day, not her.

In some ways I am very skeptical as to whether or not she will do it. Maybe if WW got in touch with her to be a spokesperson for those people who are in the progress she might do better, who knows? I hope she sticks with it, it's a wonderful program!
Old 03-28-2001, 01:08 PM   #13  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

Many of you seem skeptical about Rosie's commitment. Why should you be? She's just a person like all of us. Someday, and maybe it was when she decided to give WW a chance, she'll have that click most of us get and we stick with it. OTOH, maybe she won't. The point is that I think it's silly to expect celebrities to be different or better than us just because their job makes them famous and our jobs don't do the same for us. Put yourself in her place. Don't you think it would be harder for her, Oprah, and Fergie to be successful knowing that the whole world is watching for one little slip? I say, good luck and if this isn't her time, I hope that she remembers what she learned so that next time she is successful.

Lin
Old 03-28-2001, 06:20 PM   #14  

I agree Lin! I hope she *does* stick with it though, and I think she will. I've tried every diet under the sun, too, and this is one that I can actually stick to, because *no* food is forbidden- it's only the quantities that are limited. I admire her honesty, and willingness to open up to millions of people across the country- I wish I could do that!
Old 03-28-2001, 07:12 PM   #15  

Lin,

Well said!

Thank you
Closed Thread