Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 11:33 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Exclamation Chit Chat # 23 - after the crash!

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 01-07-2004, 11:45 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

It's good to be back again!! I made the thread #23 instead of 18, because that is where we left off on Jan. 4. Unfortunately, we lost all the new options, but at least we have the site back!!

Wow!! I can only imagine how horrible the crash has been for Jennifer, Suzanne and Amy, the 3 sister who gave is this site!

While the site was down, Marti, Cristi, Shanna and I kept in touch via email. If you want to be included in case this ever happens again, PLEASE send me a PM with your email address, okay?

Well, I am struggling to stay OP already. After so long of eat whatever I wanted (SHAME on me!!) it is so hard to limit my portions now! I am trying to keep in mind what all of my incentives are, but it is still so hard!!

I've been getting some major cleaning done, and feel good about that! I love it when the house smells like Mr. Clean.

What have you been doing while the site was down?

Jana
Old 01-07-2004, 01:07 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Ahhh!! And I wasn't sure how I felt about the new format... I liked it!! That's ok. I see my old avatar is up. Gotta change that. Now it's back to cut and paste with the smilies, bolding and color!

Also...all my PM's with your addresses are gone!

Argh!!!! I had written them on my Christmas list and I can't find that either! I am soo disorganized. But I think I can find the cards from Angie, Cristi and Jana... Kayecee & Alyra....could you PM me your addresses? (IF you want that is) Shanna... I already know yours.

Shanna & Alyra---Please re-join! We don't want to lose you!

Ok.. this is short. I need to get ready for school. Yep school. Campus doesn't open until noon, and I only have one class to go to...but it gets me out of the house.

Talk to you later tonight I'm sure.

Marti
Old 01-07-2004, 02:23 PM   #4  
self portrait

What a bummer losing all funny comments and replies to everyone's postings. Poop, it is hard to come up with clever and quirky replies that will entertain. Oh the humanity of it all!!!!! ;-) Well, I have not even been on this forum a month, but I am addicted and had to register back on here and chat and get to know all of you better. So, Let's hope this crash thing doesn't happen again and we can get back to gabbing, having fun and losing weight.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #5  

Default Freaky!

I was really bumfuzzled when I tried to log on and post yesterday and there was NOTHING! OMG! I didn't realize how much I'd miss you girls. I was in a panic because I just realized everybody's e-mail and/or address was on my PM's and I couldn't access that either if this place crashed permanently! So pleeeeezzzz PM your addresses and e-mails so that I can copy them somewhere safe. I'll send y'all mine as you log on. See y'all later.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:49 PM   #6  

Just checking- I PM my address and e-mail to Jana, Marti, and Shanna because they've signed in. Did y'all get it? My user CP shows that I haven't sent any messages so I'm not sure if it's working. When anyone else signs in, I'll send it to you. Bye.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #7  

I got it!!

In fact.. I sent you two messages. Let me know if you got them. It says that we may have problems with PM's but I got yours.

Let me know if you got it!

Marti
Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #8  

Got it! Ya better read the one I sent back (and don't laugh).
Old 01-07-2004, 09:23 PM   #9  

Here I am. Was getting carried away on the other thread.. Forgot I wasn't in the "chitchat" area. And I can go on and on and on...oh wait.. you all know that!

Well made it to my first class today. Campus opened up at noon. And that was my last class for the day! I honestly think they should have cleaned up the place a little better before they opened though. All the stairs were COVERED in ice. They only scrapped off a little on a small section... so everyone had to crowd to one side and use the steps!

And get this.. as I was leaving class... I knew there was ice..but dummy me wasn't paying attention, I was focusing on putting my cell phone off vibrating to ring.. and I stepped down... and fell three steps, twisting my ankle. All I heard was.. OMG!! But did anybody offer to help me up?? NOOO!!! I had to get my fat butt back up and climb carefully up the steps I fell on and then go back down the shoveled area!! I was so embarrassed! So I quickly walked to my car and got my butt home!

What a way to start the first day!!

I'm not sure how I will do in PowerPoint. I've always wanted to learn.. in fact I took the class years ago.. but don't remember anything. It looks complicated. That or the instructor is just making it sound complicated! My other classes are:

Math
Document Formatting
Business Proofreading and Editing.

Hmmm.. wonder how my grades will turn out!! Let's hope just as good.
Well I better get off for a bit.. I'm sure I'll be back later to check in before bed.

Take Care
Marti
Old 01-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #10  

Oh no hon! Is your ankle o.k.? Look on the bright side. You could have done what I did when I was in college. I was young, cute, and skinny. There was this one guy at the Baptist Student Union where we all hung out that was sooooooo HOT! All the girls drooled over him all the time. Of course I was one of them. He decided to walk me out one day and of course I was trying my best to impress. I was in a mini-skirt (you know in the 80's minis were in) and heels with those colored hose that were all the rage. We go down the concrete steps and with about 2 left to go, I go down faster than Pewee Herman in a match with Mike Tyson. I pop right up and act like I'm o.k. He's all "Honey, are you sure?" and I'm all "Sure.... no problem." I'm screaming inside cuz my knees are killing me. We make it all the way to my car, he hugs me, leaves, I crawl in and then..... I see that my beautiful colored hose are ripped to shreds and I am bleeding profusely!!! There is NO way that he didn't notice but at least he was gentleman enough to say nothing and let me salvage a little dignity. LOLOLOLOL At the time I was soooo humiliated. (And the bum never asked me out after that- gee... I wonder why! ) LOLOLOLOL

Powerpoint should be pretty easy. I use it all the time with my classes. If you have any questions, just ask and I'll see if I can answer it.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:57 PM   #11  

Fantastic!! My very own tutor!! How great is that?!

I had to laugh at your 80's attire! I had mini skirts too. And a few years after my daughter was born...(hee-hee) I found one of them and thought it was a tube top!! I was like Holy Cow.. how did I manage to get out of the house in that!! I also had the big 80's hair! Not as big as some of the other girls.. that was a bit much.. but there was no catagory to put me in. I wasn't considered "popular" a "jock" a "stoner".. everybody loved me! I did have people tell me they considered me border line "waver". I'm like "get out of here!" I even put that colored mousse in my hair. Really cool red!! Do any of you remember that? I thought I looked awesome. Too bad I don't have pictures of my own to look at. One of my best friends from school has some.. but I couldn't even tell you where she moved off to!
Looking back at that miniskirt..... no wonder I got pregnant my senior year. Horrible isn't it!? (so ashamed)
Young and stupid. Let's hope I teach my daughter better than that!

Where is everyone else??? Shanna? Angie? Alyra? Jana.. I know you usually post in the mornings. Cristi? How about Carree, Mel,Kat, Michelle??? Ladies come back! And share with us your e-mails so we can keep contact if something were to happen again!

Ok.. got the phone ringing. I'm sure I'll be back. James is working. I'm alone again.

Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 01-07-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:13 PM   #12  

Glad to know I wasn't the only one looking like Paula Abdul on crack! The funny thing is, I was the best friend of the Pentecostal Church of God's pastor's daughter in high school. I didn't listen to rock, wore dresses, and was a general prude. When I hit college, I wore mini's and stuff, but I always had trouble getting dates cuz everyone called me "The Virgin Mary" behind my back. And you know 90% of college guys aren't going to take you out if there's nothing in it for them. And I look back at some of the guys I did date and sheeesh.... like the country song says.... "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." I think we're all stupid when we're 18, Marti!

Uh.... BTW.... did I mention that I charge $12 per hour for tutoring?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:29 PM   #13  

BTW I don't think that's horrible. You've got a beautiful little girl. And don't be ashamed. My mom was married 2 times before she met my dad. I always knew that she was ashamed of that so it made me REALLY stop and think before I settled down at the ripe old age of 24. If it hadn't been for that, I probably wouldn't have called off an engagement when I was 18 to a guy in our church. Looking back now, I know that we would have made each other miserable and I probably would have left him. So maybe Jhanai will remember the lesson you learned. Does that make sense?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:48 PM   #14  

Yeah.. It makes sense.

And Jhanai talks with her brother off and on through out the year. ....Did I tell you she had a brother?? Five year difference.

You know what Kayecee? You need to download MSN messenger and we could chat! I chat with Shanna all the time.. In fact.. her boyfriend wonders if we know what a phone is....

Isn't that right Shanna... did you ever ask him what it was??

Does anyone go into the chat room? I've never tried it. I don't even know how it works. Is it complicated? Maybe we should figure a time we would all be able to get online and do that sometime. That would be fun.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:59 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi ya ladies~

I am sad the site crashed. When I came back after being MIA for a while I didn't care for the changes but got used to them and am going to miss it.

Marti~I don't think you will have any problems with powerpoint. It is fun-or I thought so anyway. And it is pretty easy. I think some instructors get a little to technical and make it complicated. When I took the course I couldn't understand half of what the teacher was talking about, of course it was hard too with all the interruptions from some students. I just followed it in the book and did fine-aced the class. At the end we had to do a slide show about us/our family. Hey, I took a gander at your photo's and they are GREAT! Love the scenery and the view from the hills.

Kayecee~well, unlike you and Marti I was never into the mini skirts and funky clothes or hair. I had long hair for the longest time and never cared for the big do's-didn't like using hair spray. I had some t-shirts that I got in Vegas back in 1979 when I married for the first time and gave DD one of them a while back-she kept saying OMG you wore this? I told yes-I even had a picture of me in it. It's funny to look back at the clothes everyone wore in the 70's/80's. And about button up shirts and hiding your butt-I do the same! I also wear a lot of dresses-anything to hide my booty.

Jana~What did I do while the site was down? I went and bought groceries yesterday and let DD drive. Came home and did laundry and finished up all my e-cards for the month to the sad mothers. I love that I can send some and then just go back and change the date. I don't change anything on the card as far as the music, message and such unless they lost twins or triplets. I just add an 's' and the babies names. It's pretty easy once I get everything set up, it is just very time consuming-but well worth it. I get emails from some of the mothers saying thank you for remembering them & their baby/babies and making their day because no one else did. I send the cards through angeleyes2.com-has anyone visited that site? It is really nice. They have cards for ALL occasions and you can customize it with a special song, backgroud, poem and your message of course. Very nice site.

Anyway, oh-we put in an offer on a house today and the realtor thinks it looks pretty good. We had put in an offer on a different one Saturday but they turned down our 1st offer & our counter offer. They apparently listed the house at the price they want and refuse to budge even a thousand dollars. I hope they sell it as they are paying two mortgages. Anyway, this one is bank owned and has been vacant for a while and they are wanting to it sold. So we will see what happens, we are keeping our fingers That's about all going on with me.

Hope you ladies had a swell day. See ya tomorrow sometime ladies.
Closed Thread