Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia # 108

Good morning!!Brad did his thing yesterday and I only have a little painting to do today. Going for the pneumonia shot this morning, chiro, and dentist. In between, having car inspected. What did I use to do before I was married-almost nothing.But I was bored after I retired. Hi to all of you and brrrrr. Mima
Old 11-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #2  

Default Hey There

We got a taste of cool this A.M. Down to 66. It felt good..The long hot summers get me down sometimes. I know this won't last...
Men can be so insensitive at times.. I give back as much as given these days. I used to just walk away and feel bad. No More!He says something about my weight, I tell him about his size 38 pants!Or like a few days ago,I told him he was 20 lbs heavier tham me.

Got lots to do today. Bye,Joanne
Old 11-10-2003, 12:56 PM   #3  

Off to bed for now...missed my sleep time so gonna try now!

Joanne..I would slap him silly!
Old 11-11-2003, 06:05 AM   #4  

It's so easy to see the twig in someone's eye and miss the stick in yours. Carpet coming-painting finished-it's tough to be a perfectionist. Brrrrrrr! Mima
Old 11-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #5  

Hi Guys..... I am still in lust. He sent me flowers. Meme, it has actually left me "painless" for the first time in a while. The LOVE hormone.
But here's a weird one....anyone ever have their jaw lock? I was going to sneak in a little treat today at the mall. Chicken quesadillas. I could hardly open my mouth.
Too much smooching maybe....
Old 11-11-2003, 05:16 PM   #6  

Ally, I am happy that you are in 'lust" and enjoying yourself

As for having the jaw lock - many times. It is so painful. It was worse when I was younger. At my last dental appointment, the Dentist told me that I have arthritis in the joints of my jaw. Something nice to look forward to It just never quits.

Joanne - COOL at 66 You don't even know what cool is. It has been really quite cool here the past 2 weeks and at LAST, tomorow, it will get to 46F or so. It has been down to below freezing for the past couple of weeks. Today is a beautiful day, and it is 0c or 32F. Most unusual for November 11. Usually a dull, dreary day - Remembrance Day is.

Hope you are all having a good day, and Candice, I hope you got some good sound sleep - even if it was in the middle of the day.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:10 PM   #7  

Default Hey There

Ally- I am so happy you are having such a good time ..Hope it keeps going for you..Yes I have had my jaw lock too. It is painful. Arthritis some say but my medical dictionary says. eating large chunks of food ,yawning, and laughing hearty..Smooching might do it but don't stop.
Happy -The weather is ideal now. I turn off the air conditioner in the day. My hubby puts it back on at night. He won't sleep unless the house is closed as tight as a tomb.I don't know what really cold is ,I guess, We have had freezing,but ,for only a day or two at a time.
Mima - You are so right. In some cases it is a log in the eye.
I saved a blouse from when I was real heavy. The material was really bright and pretty. I got it out today to make over. I have taken 4 inches off each side ,1 1/2 inch in the shoulders.1 inch in the shoulder seam and will take about 3 inches off the length. It was made from a size 20 pattern that I probably cut larger. I am a 12 now. I gave all my other large clothes away. The girl that got them at Tops has lost 100 lbs and she has since passed them on. I am so glad I didn't try to remake them. They were made of good material and I made them all. It was 2 garbage bags full.I figured out today that I have lost almost 70 lbs and am within 3 lbs of my goal...This is the hard part.. Getting below goal and staying there...It is harder than anyone can think.
My joints hurt today. I think if it doesn't let up I will have to get my shoulder injected again.. If it isn't one thing ,it's ten.
Hello everybody..Joanne
Old 11-12-2003, 01:31 AM   #8  

I'm hurting a lot worse than usual, too. It's been cool and rainy here, too. Cool like down in the 30s and 40s at night and in the 50s during the day. It got up in the 60s today but will be colder tomorrow and freezing tomorrow night. Yesterday morning when I woke up I was semi paralyzed. I thought I was going to have to call hubby to come home from work and help me get out of bed. It took me the better part of an hour before I could get up and walk. My legs have been cramping at night so I took a whole flexeril before I went to bed. I usually take a half (I'm supposed to take a half during the day and a whole at night but they knock me out so I don't.) Well...the whole one knocked me out and I slept all night in the same position...didn't move all night. When I woke up I COULDN'T MOVE!!! My upper back went into spasms. I could move my arms from the elbow down but not my upper arms. It really scared me. When I try to explain this stuff to other people they just look at me like I'm a nut case. Guess you just have to have it!

I'm having my Teen Sunday School Class over for pizza and games Saturday night (9 kids and 6 adults counting hubby and me) and I don't feel like cleaning. I thought about seeing if I could get the college girl that cleans my daughter's house to do it. I may have to...hubby is working 10 hrs. a day and Saturdays so he isn't much help anymore. I can do the furniture but I can't handle the floors and the porches.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:04 AM   #9  

Wow Meme-hope you feel better. 70 pounds Joanne!!!!!Wow!!Your last 5 lbs is nothing. I think I have an aversion to reaching goal because I have not been good. Carpet guy showed up and left because carpet was not bound, Now I have to wait. Again. Hey Ally!!!I know about those hormones and you can be 63 and still have them. It's lust but it reminds you of when you were younger. Enough said. Mima
Old 11-12-2003, 06:08 AM   #10  

Meme..I bet your house does not even need cleaning! Hope you feel better and don't have any kore bad spells..wishfull thinking anyway!

Ally..in lust..are you sure you were just kissing to lock your jaw!

Happy how do you stand the cold!!!!!!!!!!

Mima..we are all perfectionists....that is our problem!

Joanne....just how cold does it usually get in Florida?

Hi anna..hope you are ok.

Made another pumpkin pie last night...only 3pts for a sixth of pie. But I have terrible indigestion...Lots of chest pain, can hardley breathe. Gotta get some coookies baked, bought some baking stuff last night.

Last edited by Candicej; 11-12-2003 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:05 AM   #11  

I made apple crisp yesterday-don't know how many points but used Splenda, healthy margerine-no trans fat, and oatmeal and apples. Yummy. Going with a friend to a mall today-really got a handle on this shopping. Getting ready to be away 3 and a half months makes you get things done early. Had a dream that I forgot my bike so I will get it back from former neighbor's shed where it's been stored for 2 years-no room in condo. Nice anf flat to ride in Florida-the temps are wonderful there Candice. Coldest was 32 in Jan but that's unusual. Usually in the 70's and 80's Feb and March. Hotter in April-time to come home. Bye for now. Mima
Old 11-13-2003, 10:15 AM   #12  

Default Hey There

It is unusual to have freezing weather. Mima you will be further south than I am so it is warmer. about 10 degrees. We get usually into the 40's to 60's and up.
Weigh in day. Cross your fingers. I will be lucky to have a pound off. My body just doesn't want to give it up. I have been good too.
Bye...Joanne
Old 11-14-2003, 06:05 AM   #13  

I've been half good-but I ate out yesterday and had a small piece of ham last night so I don't think my weigh in will be good. But I had fun shopping at a mall in NH with one of mt friends from work who lives in the next town. Got more shopping done including shoes and slippers for me. It is so windy here-lucky we didn't lose the [power. We are making up jars of dried soup ingredients today at TOPS to give away as a project. We are also collecting to make a food basket. Hi everyone. Mima
Old 11-14-2003, 09:44 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

Well girls,I got my shocker last night at Tops. I thought I would at least turtle. I gained 2 1/2 lbs. I feel sure it is fluid. I have been really good with my diet. It was really upsetting. I have lost consistantly for the past weeks. I should have just ate the darn candy I wanted. It would have not been any worse.
I haven't even started shopping for the Holidays..Another problem!
Busy day..Bye...Joanne
Old 11-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #15  

Ooh Jonanne, . I know you have been good. It must be fluid. I finally made it today. half pound below goal but I only had 10 lbs to lose. But I'll take it. Mima Don't give up Joanne!!!!You have done great. Mima
Closed Thread