South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 08:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Tuesday, October 21

Good morning!

I slept better last night despite the thunderstorms that came roaring through. They woke me but the Doggage didn't awaken. They are not afraid of t-storms but sometimes bark at loud boomers because they think it's someone delivering coal or something!

Our visit to the doc yesterday went OK but there has not been a big improvement in Harry as the doc expected. He now has yet another pill to take, this one to help improve his memory. We got our 'flu shots and I got a prescription for my earache.

I really screwed up dinner last night! I had a pork roast and put it in at 500F for 20 minutes to brown. The timer went and I shut off the bonger and didn't lower the oven temp to 325F! It sure makes for a well done and dry roast! H. was polite but went through a half jar of chutney to choke it down. I guess the Girls will dine well this week!

I'm off to have a coffee and book in the bubble bath. Luxury on a rainy morning!

So what's happening with you?
Old 10-21-2003, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin beach beauties It's a lovely day this morning. Going to be around 80ish again. I went for a 50 minute walk this mornin and feel pretty good.

DH is still out of town and I moved the birds into the living room and they kept me company last night. I sleep on the couch when hubby isn't at home I actually sleep better on the couch for some strange reason, but I wont' tell hubby that

Ruth, I hope you enjoy your bubble bath this morning. Well at least you won't have to think of something for your girls for the next few nights for supper

Have a great day!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:19 AM   #3  

Good morning! I am crazed these days! Hope I haven't missed much going on here. I HAVE missed you all though! I have been really busy trying to: Refinance my house (and clean up debt), begin a new business of my own (teaching science enrichment to little kids (preschool and kindergarten, mostly) at their school sites...and birthday parties and after school enrichment classes up to age 12) and my sister just got engaged (she's 37 and a doctor and he's 30 and he is not here in the usa as legally as they'd prefer. !!
and, to top it all off, I turn 40 this week! double eek! Age is a state of mind. I don't mind! I don't even miss my mind! I just kinda wonder where it all went!!! It's my weight I mind! UGH!

So, PM me if I've miss anything important in your lives and know I've been missing you all! :balloon:

Have a science-sational day Beauties!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

I just LOVE thunderstorms. This one is lovely and long.

I'm sorry Harry isn't doing as well as the Doc'd hoped, Ruthie. I'm sure that memory pill will be something miraculous. Let me know if it works... I could use some myself.

DH is sick at home today, too. Thank God my sore throat is gone. I'm thinking of getting a sinus irrigator. I lay awake last night thinking of turkey basters...

I'm running out of food... I may be bad tonight and make the kids corn fritters...
Old 10-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth~~Hang in there, girl. The mind takes it's own time and I know that things with H will get better. There is nothng better than a good book on a rainy day, except maybe reading it in a bubble bath. Way to go Ruth

Ellis~~I'm glad that you're feeling better today. But dreaming of turkey basters.....Oh, my gosh

Ms24~~~Thank God for animals. They truely add so much to our lives. Hope the DH comes home soon, and we won't tell him that you prefer the sofa

J&L~~~We missed you while you have been busy. 40 is a wonderful age. My 40's have been the best years of my life (if you don't count perimenopause). Happy early birthday

Well, I do feel alittle better today also. I layed down yesterday at 7PM, "just to rest my head for a few minutes" and ended up sleeping through the night. I took some sinus medicine this morning hoping to get on top of it this morning.

I would love to send out Xmas/New Years cards to my friends here. So, if you would like to PM me with your email or home address , I would love it. I thought there was a thread on this somewhere but I can't find it. Today is going to be in the low 80's but you can still feel Fall in the air. Have a great one
Old 10-21-2003, 10:26 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chickies it is raining here and cold. I only have time for a quick post as two of my two year olds are potty training. i spend more time in the bathroom then anywhere else. I went for a walk last night and I weighed myself this morning after a few weeks of staying off the scales and I am down another pound. Wish it was more but the scale is moving in the right direction. Well I must go off to the potty again.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:49 AM   #7  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Sorry to hear that Harry's memory isn't returning as expected. I REALLY hope that the new med helps. Suggestion for the pork: maybe it will moisten it up if you cube it and make a stew with the leftovers. The poochies will appreciate it if not!!! Hope that things ease up for you SOON, because you have had more than your share of pain in the a$$ stuff going on lately.

Ms24-I like sleeping on the couch too!!! We have a big cushy sectional and sometimes we BOTH sleep on it!!!

J&L-Your new business sounds interesting!! I agree with Sil about being in your 40s. I've found that i am more self confident and more actively creative now.

Ellis-Glad you are starting to feel better, but too bad about your DH. Wish him quickly recovered health, okay? And YOU better get better soon too, because you are coming here for Thanksgiving!!! (I can dream can't I?)

Sil-Good thing you slept through like that!! I bet it really helped you feel better. We are going COLD here again today. I just wish the weather would make up its mind!!!

Little Chick-YAY!!!! Congratulations on the weight loss!!! You are moving in the right direction, and a pound is a GOOD amount!! (Picture a pound of butter!!)

I'm running around crazed again. Trying to work more, trying to get on a normal schedule (STILL), trying to get back on track. My Mom left for England to visit her mother yesterday; wish I could have gone too!!! Over the weekend we "upgraded" DS13's viola with the result that we are back in the poor house for a while!!! We thought we were just going to trade in for a bigger one, but the one they had was CRAP, and the nicer one sounded SO much better..... (History: DH has been an adjunct instructor of English. He found a full time position this last summer.....)
Old 10-21-2003, 11:05 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Good Morning Lovelies
Ruth-sorry to hear that Harry isn't improving me, hopefully with some more time and the new meds you will see more improvement.

I am sorry to hear so many of the beauties are feeling under the weather, but it is that time of the year...sending healing thoughts to all.

Robin, I understand where your at completely. I have two businesses that I am running, I am still taking care of issues around closing our family business, I have the dog, my family and friends, it is overwhleming I know, but no risk-no return...good luck to you, just do as much as you can everyday!!

Den....please define "normal" schedule you know better than that!!!

Take care of yourselves today ladies...your in my thoughts...

rb
Old 10-21-2003, 02:29 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, did you check out that http://www.zaftique.com/ ad at the top of the page? They actually use fat women as models! Some of the stuff is crap, but there are a few things that I like...
Old 10-21-2003, 08:50 PM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-I ordered an outfit from their clearance center.....NICE!!! Now I need an occasion to WEAR it!!! (Purple heather tunic and long [on me anyway] skirt.)

Rowan-YUP! But I have been sleeping during the day and up all night which DOESN'T work with taking the kids to school and getting stuff done. (Can't go to my friend/boss's house and solder at 3 am!!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:04 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: ruth: Sorry that things aren't going as fast for Harry as you'd hoped, but hope the new med will work well. Glad you got something for your ear.

All you ladies sound very busy. Just remember "Life begins at 40" or so they say. : It has been a long time since I was there, so can't remember if that is fact or fiction.

Time marches on and the activities in our Village are increasing. A Fall Festival, a Welcome Back Party for all the returning Snowbirds, meetings and then Thanksgiving. And November is over. And as chairperson of our Social Activities I have to be involved in all of it, at least to get someone else to do it. : That is the best.

A buble bath and a book sound wonderful. Maybe I'll try it. Good night all. Lizzie
Closed Thread