Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #1  
it's the getting up

Default somethin' fun

If you had to give a dollar everytime you thought about food in some shape or form, how long would it take you to go bankrupt?

Well, since my fin. aid hasn't showed up yet I would say tomorrow! But in all reality probably in a couple of weeks. I think about food all of the time, not so much because I am hungery all the time but because I am trying to make good decisions in a terribly tempting places- the student quad, at work...damn breve's 1/2 and 1/2 is just soooo smooth, with friends, at the grocery store when I am trying to just shop the perimeter where all of the healthier stuff is, before I go to bed and when I get up in the morning. It's everywhere, but it's getting easier to make good decisions, especially now that I pack my own lunches and sometimes dinners. But the breve's and eggnog latte's are going to be the death of me if I don't knock it off asap!

Can't wait to hear from you all, take care!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:09 PM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Oh I would have been bankrupt a longggg time ago. I think about food a lot more then I should. I love food, especially deserts. It seems that I always go to the store to pick up little things throughout the week that I am soooo tempted everytime I go in to pick up a pie or tub of ice cream.

At my job we always have food and usually its full of calories and fat. I love going out to eat but have learned that in order for me to lose weight I need to stay away from restaurants. Darn yummy food!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:53 PM   #3  
anna banana

i have realized that much of my struggle is due to the fact that I am ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT FOOD. I can't deal with it. The only times I don't think about food are
1. when I'm super super stressed (like studying for exams--but now that I've graduated I guess I can't rely on finals anymore to get rid of the pounds!)
2. when I'm just starting a relationship (but now it's been 5 mos. so i'm used to mr. man, it's great but it sure doesn't take my appetite away anymore
3. when I haven't eaten anything yet in the day.

Number 3 is really annoying, because I know that you're supposed to eat breakfast, so I do, but when I eat a healthy breakfast I ALWAYS end up bingeing later. If I wait to eat until 11 or later, then I stay on plan the whole day. Isn't that weird? And if i eat healthy, it helps keep my mind off food, but if I overeat, I just think about food more. And when I overeat, I'm always hungry first thing in the morning, but when I stay on plan, I can go almost the whole day without eating. Of course, then I don't want to starve so i eat a lot, and then I'm hungry the next morning....

jeez, my head is so messed up! why is this? why do I think about food this way? why is it that I can analyze my triggers and my mistakes and my motivations but when it comes to consistently taking action, I relax and forget about my plan, and eat more? I just want to scream!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:47 PM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Not that I have much money to lose, but I would have been broke a LONG time ago. Food is a constant thought. Like Jamie said, the thought might be about making healthy eating choices, but I'm still thinking about food. In fact, I think I would have been bankrupt and lost my car, TV, stereo, etc. -- anything I own that's worth anything would be gone to try and pay my debts -- all because of food!! Sad, huh??

Jina
Old 10-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #5  
it's the getting up

Jina I can just see the repo peole coming into my apartment and gathering anything of value to pay off my food debt! LMAO!
Old 10-14-2003, 06:57 PM   #6  

Wow, eggnog latte....that sounds AWESOME! I'll have to try one of those sometime.

I'd say I think about food a fair bit, but not *all* the time or anything. It's actually better than when I used to binge on sweets a lot (like, the past 8 years before July!!!). I agree with the statement that a lot of the time, I'm thinking about how to make healthy choices while eating out, or at different events, etc....I'd say that's a good reason to be thinking about food!

Jen
Old 10-14-2003, 07:01 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

I would have been broke ages ago..
Closed Thread