South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Last June Weekend - June 27th and 28th

Good morning. A tad chilly in the house but my coffee will warm me up. Nothing like Paul Newman first thing in the morning.

The Village is cranking up. Canada Day is Wednesday, school is out and the "summer people" are here. It's nice to see old friends suddenly reappear in the grocery store or the liquor store. We're glad to see them arrive and semi-glad when they leave and we get our Village and Park back.

I am off to pick up bread (and Matt) in about an hour and hope to get the dishwasher run and a load of laundry underway before I leave. Aside from dropping off the bread, I don't intend to be at the Mill much today. It's not a milling day and there are four staff on duty. Matt will work in the blacksmith's shop where he has started making small items for the gift shop. Talented guy!

Aside from laundry, I will do some garden cutbacks today and maybe even do some mending and ironing while I get my head around my nebulous sewing/quilting project. Rain is predicted for tomorrow - 2" which is not needed! Aside from the bread run, I am not driving today - went through a whole tank of gas in three days of being Ruthie Roadrunner.

How does your weekend look from this early morning perspective? Whatever happens, take time for YOU!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and those to come. Let's sip our coffee together this morning. It's raining here, too, and supposed to be wet all day.

I want to get to the grocery store to pick up a few things for while Monica, Carley, and Caitlyn are here this weekend. I bought a quart of fresh-picked blackberries at an Amish stand yesterday, and thought I'd make blackberry scones with them, and I want to try out a recipe for a new breakfast casserole, but I'm all out of eggs.

Oh, I picked my first 2 zucchini yesterday! I used one for supper, and made a baked oatmeal with the other one. We're going to have dozens of cucumbers to pick in another day or so, too, and have a braid of onions hung up to dry. Rabbits are being greedy and eating up all my edamame, though.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and chicks to come. So glad "Paul" is back in your life. Coffee makes life easier to handle. My "me" time has been lacking. Still trying to get an handle on a new routine, but truth be told I am exhausted!!! The graduation was nice. We had to be there at 4 for a 6 ceremony. Good thing we were able to hold seats for his parents. The weather was perfect. We had a nice dinner afterwards. Another late night as I didn't get home until midnight.

I think a nap is in order before work
Old 06-27-2015, 07:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Linda you snuck in on me. Baked oatmeal with zucchini??? Do tell.....
Old 06-27-2015, 07:39 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just heard from my weekend guest who will be here in 90 minutes Not as much time for all those last minute niggles as I thought.

Happy Saturday
Old 06-27-2015, 08:11 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I had a busy day yesterday and like Jennifer, I didn't get to bed until late. So I'm just now up and enjoying my 1st cup of coffee on the porch. My agenda is to stay home and work in the yard today. Dig some more creeping Bellflower and do a little bit of stuff in the house. I go back to work tomorrow and need to make sure I don't overdo it today. I had a potluck event last night and so I made an apple and rhubarb crostata. I made two and gave one to the neighbor.
Okay, time to find more coffee. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! We have sunshine right now but the forecast for the next few days does not look good; really? more rain?!

Had a great day in the yard yesterday. After a bit of weeding in the vegetable garden it was "dig and spread compost on the flowerbeds" day. Living in the country means I can make a compost pile anywhere I want but I am not always good about turning and using it so I just end up with mounds of well-nourished grass!

Cyndi, did that message get your adrenaline pumping??

Jennifer, glad you had a nice evening. I too am waiting for Linda to expound on this oatmeal recipe...

Ruth, hope your day is calm. Did your strawberries get hit by the late May frost? I heard from another local grower he lost 90% of the crop on Memorial Day.

Time for more coffee. Happy Saturday, chicks!

ETA- Morning, Debbie!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-27-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Thank goodness it is finally the weekend, so glad it's here. I woke up to a wonderful surprise. DD2 had a friend spent the night and they decided to clean her room and I woke up to a totally organized room that I have not seen in forever. I will have to take them to do something fun today as a reward, maybe the zoo since it is beautiful weather outside.

Ruth I hope you don't get sucked into Mill work today

Cottage enjoy your family time this weekend

Jekel hope you get a nap in today before work

Cyndi have fun with your guests

Debbie I hope you get some me time today

Beth enjoy your day today

Enjoy your Saturday
Old 06-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to get more zucchini in 30 min... Always looking for good recipes!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #10  

Here is the link for the zucchini baked oatmeal that I made - theoatmealartist.com. Look for the recipe Yellow Cake Baked Oatmeal w/Chocolate PB2 Frosting.

I tripled the recipe to bake it in a 9" round baking dish, and it took about 50 minutes to bake. It's delicious and I'll be making it often.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 2"

PearlRose You blew me away with the news that your daughter and friend organized her room!!! That would be a new experience in our household of 3 daughters. No wonder you want to celebrate.

Cool here, 1-1/2 rain in 2 days with all looking so lush and beautiful (Including weeds)

Cottage You really attract attention with zucchini / oatmeal.

This is first day in ages that I have a quiet house, refusing to touch the "to do list" and am relaxing with coffee and a great book.

Sandy
Old 06-28-2015, 06:34 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good rainy "Sun"day morning!

Didn't get sucked into Mill stuff yesterday although I did have a lengthy discussion with Anna late afternoon about some donated artifacts. We are only supposed to accept donations of items that relate directly to The Mill. We have been offered a very old (100?) quilt and were going to refuse it graciously until I pointed out that the Miller does have an office in the Mill with a bed and it needs a quilt. Yay me!

Today should be a quiet one since it's raining. There are six adult cousins up at the Island with two school-age children and Nate, the newest addition. He's my first cousin twice removed and adorable. Heather may bring him down the Lake for a visit if it's not pouring rain. It's hard to run a boat in the rain and look after a kid! I do hope she makes it.

Didn't do a stitch of sewing yesterday but today's the day! It's also a day when I shall pack up a box of clothing that I have been meaning to alter for two years. I am trying to divest myself of "stuff" every day. Yesterday some rusty BBQ tools went to the metal collecting bin.

Time to get another yummy coffee from Paul Newman. Did I ever mention I love Paul and my new red Keurig? Silly but I have no life.

Enjoy your Sunday - rain or shine.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #13  

Ruth, my single mug Keurig that I keep for traveling is red, too, and I love it. If you remember, that's the one I took to Cape May with us last December. Kudos to you for pointing out the bed in the Mill so you could accept the quilt!

Our rain has moved out and the sun is shining this morning. Just in time for our family cookout this afternoon! Those things aren't too fun in the rain. We're supplying the burgers & dogs, and everyone else is bringing the side dishes, so that makes it easy for me.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:31 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Will be thinking of you today, Linda,and hope you can soak in all the family love at the cook-out. Hug Carley and Monica for me. So glad the rain has left you - although we sure have it.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Yup, very rainy here too, guess I won't need to water for a few days. It's also chilly, highs aren't even hitting 60. I'm weird, I'm excited because I can actually put the oven on and cook Now to decide which recipes of the many I've been saving. My house guest is still here and sleeping in, so I have a perfect excuse for a lazy morning. I don't mind at all. I've been in constant motion since being laid off.

Cottage - I looked at that oatmeal website. Wow, she as some interesting recipes. I can't wait to try the blueberry oatcakes. In or out hope you have a perfect day with the family.

Ruth - happy sewing

Lisa - I can't wait for zucchini season. I may be the only person I know who never complains about too much zucchini. I love it. It's my favorite pasta replacement, hot and cold

I'm going to drink some more tea and enjoy the laziness
Closed Thread