South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Monday Morning Beach Chat 6/29

Ok I'm up I've got the coffee now bring on the chirping
Old 06-29-2015, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone it is an absolutely gorgeous morning here. Had a nice day with Joe and his DS. Went to his baseball tournament then out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. We split the fried pickles appetizer 3 ways so that wasn't so terrible. Had a really yummy grilled BBQ chicken salad. Down a pound this morning Whoo hoo.

Today is get ready for work week day. Hope everyone enjoys their day
Old 06-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default MOnday Cluckings - June 29

Have a mug of nice hot coffee because it's cold in here! The furnace just turned on.

Yesterday was a dismal, rainy day so I was pleased to be able to stay indoors. The upholsterer called to say my chair was ready and he was going to deliver it. That was a surprise and so was the fact that it was ready in just a week. Usually this stuff takes 6-8 weeks. Now to keep Queen Millie off it - it's her favourite chair.

All the schoolwork entries are loaded into my car ready for my 8:30 meeting at the Fair Hall with friend Art and Connor, the summer student who will be working at the fairgrounds for the season. Connor will be doing the carrying upstairs in the Hall and I may be able to use him for counting the entries and sorting them into classes ready for judging. It looks to me that we have fewer entries - either because they got the list late or the teachers just didn't push the kids to enter. The Fair isn't until July 3rd so I have lots of time for sorting, judging and displaying but I am going to try to get the whole thing done asap.

This afternoon I am going to be upstairs in the town Hall rummaging around for some artifacts to make a display in the Fair Hall representing the Mill and early agriculture in Delta. We have an old milking machine and several years ago my then neighbour and I made a lifesize Ayrshire cow for a museum near Ottawa. The museum closed and we got her back. I need to check her out for damage and do repairs. I do know she lost her eyelashes in her travels.

Two days left in the month - I'd better make them count!
Old 06-29-2015, 07:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here ya go, Jennifer!
CHIRP!
Old 06-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I am out on the porch enjoying my final cup of coffee before heading to work. It was busy yesterday should be a busy one again today. Working on niggles in the house and I have a long list of phone calls I need to make in between customers this morning.

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started this morning! What a wonderful day you had yesterday. I've never had a deep-fried pickle.

Ruth, glad you got your chair back so quickly! Yes, it's always a challenge keeping the pups off the furniture that we like. I'm trying to imagine making a life-sized cow and then getting it back.

Have a great day!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Chirp, Chirp!

Another gray morning here; yesterday it poured non-stop. I have not yet been out to check the rain gauge but we must have gotten close to 2" yesterday. Of course, this just meant I had to do a bit of baking (cheesecakes!), cleaning and then settle in with a book.

Not sure what is on the agenda today; I have a few niggles to tend to. I am glad I spend Friday and Saturday doing outside chores since there won't be any today.

Jennifer, sounds like a pleasant day. Have a productive day off.

Ruth, I'm glad you have a younger helper to deal with the artwork. And I'm with Debbie, a life-size cow???

Debbie, have a good day at work.

Ok, I'm off to refill my coffee.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It stormed yesterday but at least the severe weather went around us, they were tornadoes in the area. The girls and I went to Target and got some closet organizer and shoe organizers for their room, we are working on getting all organized now that it is clean.

Today is in office day, have lots of meetings today.

Jekel sounds like you had a nice Sunday

Ruth you will have to take a picture of the cow

Debbie hope work goes by quickly for you

Beth enjoy your day

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning. Off to the dermatologist after some angst and angry calls last week. Long story, not very interesting Be back later
Old 06-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Bukbukbukbuk ba-GAWK. (I'm a big chick.) I'm feeling a bit funny today.... Probably should not have scrubbed/bleached the bathroom top to bottom prior to eating today. Fumes + lack of food in my stomach = nauseous Lisa Even after having lunch (Refried beans with cheese, salsa, black olives, and sour cream) I still feel a little funny. I thought the carbs from the beans might help.... Of course what I want when I feel like this is dry toast. Meh. I will survive.

In the last week, not only am I down 5 lbs, I also lost 2.5" on my bust, 1" on my waist, and 2" on my hips. It's a very satisfying feeling, and I'm glad I logged my measurements!

Did I mention I'm on dipsuscious vacation? Nothing fun planned til the weekend but doing a lot of deep cleaning in the house, will do back to school shopping for Anna, and that's about it until this weekend. Laundry caught up, including bedding and blankies, dishes clean, entire house swept and vacuumed, stove cleaned, bathroom scrubbed.... Just need to dust, go through fall/winter clothes to get rid of, and maintain. (Maintaining is the hard part, having two huskies. You'd never know I swept and vacuumed the entire house yesterday if you saw my floor now....)

Well, I think I'm going to tackle this stack of magazines and watch the last 2 episodes of the series I've been binge-watching. Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday!

Lisa
Closed Thread