Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #17

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #17

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:12 PM   #2  

Afternoon girlies! Gotta make this short as I want to get my downstairs cleaned today. Yes, I am cleaning house again!

Carri: YOU GET A: for points. Maybe WW would be better for you!

Pam: YOU GET A: for points. You should ask the doc to dream up something low or no fat!

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points. Good going girl!

Missy: YOU GET A: for points. Don't stress out about the job thing, I am sure you will find something soon!

Debbie: YOU GET A: for points. Nice job!

Sandy: We miss you around here, but I know you are pretty busy these days!

For those of you who eat frozen diet meals, I had one for lunch that was yummy. Most of them are either icky or just passable, but this was pretty good. It is a Healthy Choice meal and it is called something like cheesy chicken with rice and vegetables. Only 250 cal and 45 fat cal. I had it and a banana for lunch.

Well, I have to pop in the shower, get dressed and get my work done downstairs besides being in the middle of a great book I want to finish!

Faye
Old 08-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #3  

Peeking in to get my e mails.

Faye: I may not always be posting you know, but I am usually always reading....and will answer anything directly stated to me...hahahaha Love ya....

Sandy
Old 08-05-2003, 01:46 PM   #4  

hi everyone,
i've been staying on track so far this week. Things are still busy here, so I can't stay long! Have to get some work done before my doctor's appointment this afternoon. My goal for today is to keep the scale and my weight in perspective...no flipping out over a number The important thing is staying healthy...right? (listen to me trying to talk myself outta the tree already) I did make it to the gym this morning...whoo hooo!!

Pam...good to hear that the 40's have been good to you! I am looking forward to them actually...I spent my 30's doing a lot of hard internal work; now I want to spend this decade (and beyond!) enjoying the benefits of that work. I too really want to be healthy and fit and strong heading into this time of my life. Good for you passing up the cookies!

Amanda...congrats on the 5 pounds down...that is great news!

Alrighty ladies, back to work. Talk to you soon
shauna
Old 08-05-2003, 02:30 PM   #5  

Hey Amanda, I use ranch dressing on all kinds of "low fat"="DrRY" things....especially brown rice based dishes. And it is good with turkey sausage.

Faye, I just got back from the grocery store and tried those chocolate graham crackers....YUMMMM! Thanks for letting me know about them. Now if I can just keep the kids away from them! Now that I hardly ever buy junk food, when there is something sweet in the house, they devour it immediately.

Later babes,
Julie
Old 08-05-2003, 07:45 PM   #6  

Hello Ladies!!

Faye--Thanks so much for the e card!! That was so very nice of you and really made my day.

Well today was much better than yesterday. I have managed to stay OP for the last 2 days so looks like I still get my points.

We just got back from going to meet my boys teachers, and they will start school on Thursday so they are very excited.

Sorry I am not able to respond to everyone, but have a great day and I will stop back later.

Sarah
Old 08-06-2003, 07:08 AM   #7  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. If you are having a problem, today is the day to spill it!

As for me, my main problem has not been feeling well, but I am hoping today I will be back to normal. It is clean the upstairs day so as of right now I am feeling pretty good even though I have gained a few according to the scales.

I DID GET A: for points yesterday again.

Will check back later in the day and post smileys!

Faye
Old 08-06-2003, 08:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Wednesday Woes!!!

Well, after yesterday's weigh in I don't feel very woeful!!! I get 4 points for yesterday too! I'm a little tired this morning but that is mostly because my daughter slept with me last night. I'm still feeling strong and after I go do my WATP I'm going to have my fave breakfast of Huevos Rancheros.

My only woes would be that I have so much to get done in these next few weeks! It is really rather overwhelming. I will get it done though, somehow. Everyday I feel strong and ready to go will make it easier to get it all done. I just need to stay on track. Anyway, it is time for me go WATP!

See you all later. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:23 AM   #9  

Mornin' All!
Well, I was all set to get 3 points yesterday(still not getting enough water)......then I got a phone call and ended up talking through my whole workout time. I know, I could've done it later. But after dinner, dishes, bed routine, I just didn't want to. I did manage to stay OP, so that's better than yesterday!

I don't know why I can't manage to drink all my water without my big squirty bottles. I took them to the fair, and now I can't find them. For some reason, drinking two of those things is alot easier than drinking 8-10 regular cups. I need to hunt those suckers down!!

My Wednesday woes are that my wrist still hurts! And my kids have decided they're nocturnal....I swear, they've been going to bed at like 10 or 11 pm every night this summer! So, this morning I woke them up at 7,and am not letting them play video games or watch tv till they read a while. And the first one that tells me they're bored gets to do 50 math problems!!!!!!

Just call me MM---MEAN MOMMY!!! Bwwhaa haaa haaaa haaa

Amanda: You're doing great! Keep up the momentum. I think I should just workout first thing in the morning, so I don't have to worry about it.

Julie
Old 08-06-2003, 08:55 AM   #10  
It is what it is...

Smile Weds Woe is me...just kidding

Morning everyone....

I do have one Weds woe today, it is my TOM, and it is starting today, so we are talking cramps and possible headaches for the next two to three days... and of course who can forget the wonderful bloating and weight gain feeling
Well we all deal with it and what can you do?
but other than that, I am fine and having a great OP week!!

Faye - Hope you are feeling better, wish I had your cleaning energy !!

Julie - Hope your wrist gets feeling better, dont your kids go back to school soon? Look forward to that

Amanda - Good job on the WATP tape, I do the DVD and just love it, especially that 1 mile, it takes hardly anytime and you really feel like you have worked it ...

I got 2 points yesterday, was OP for day....

Well I will check in with everyone later, have a good one...

Carri
Old 08-06-2003, 09:02 AM   #11  

Hello Ladies,

pts for yesterday: 2pts for program, 1pt for water, and 1pt for exercise.

Woeful Wednesday: got to work yesterday and just as I clocked in, my mom called (She never calls me at work, so I knew something was wrong)..my sister was let go from her job of 14 yrs!! (k-mart- that should say enough right there), anyway when I called her she was devastated and just sitting in the parking lot crying and screaming...naturally it upset me, so I just left and came over here to her...we are a really small (immediate family), just me, my sister, my mom and my 2 neices. I just felt I needed to be with her. She has been looking for another job for a while now given all of K-mart's recent history, in fact she has an interview today, I hope this did happen for the proverbial "reason", and that something good is in store for her. I worry abt her though, she has had a lot on her, and I cant help but feel that this could go the opposite way and send her into a spiraling depression, I know some of you can relate, anyway I am heading back home around mid day I suppose to be at work at 2p- dont know who covered for me last night, but my boss was very understanding and just told me to go...so, there is my woe, by the way my sis is right now at the unemployment office, sot that is a good sign that she is being "proactive".

Despite the gloom of the day, my sister's godson had a birthday dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday's, turned 16, and when we left the restaurant, there were balloons tied to a car!! He didnt have a clue, it was a used Toyota but cute car!! There were about 25 of us at the party...no dessert for me, there were cheescakes and hot fudge brownies all around, but I didnt partake, not even a taste. I had soup and salad and of course the obligatory water with lemon!! was nice to be around folks again....I was the heaviest person there of course!!! but thats okay, on the inside I knew I was doing something to change that, my sisters best friend and her mom noticed my loss and complimented me, I just said "thank you", didnt try and qualify it or anything, just accepted the compliment, that is progress!! Angie, Nigel (birthday boy) is his aunt, and she is so attractive, I had not seen her in years...she still had on her work clothes, and it was a beautiful outfit, and she had her make - up on, just so classy and sophisticated looking, I saw her and said "yes that is how I want to look"...not envious or jealous of her, just reaffirmed the vision I have in my mind of what I am going to achieve!!!! So, the day held some inspiration too!! and I stayed on program!!!!!

Enough about me, how you gals doin'? Mirabelly, first thing in them morning is usually the best time for me, that way I can make no excuses, but most importantly it gives me tons of energy for the rest of my day, sometimes I get sidetracked and do it later...yesterday I didnt do it till 12:30p.m., so I felt a little "sluggish and off balance by then", but did it anyway, speaking of which need to finish posting, and get to it!!

Amanda honey, wish I was there to help you!! we could turn the music on and have a good time!!!! take care during this moving time, a slow and steady pace!!! - love ya!!

Faye, hope you get to feeling better!

Have a good day chickies!!
Old 08-06-2003, 09:45 AM   #12  

I am headed for the pool in just a few but wanted to get those smileys in while I could.

Amanda: First off let me tell you congratulations on your loss. That is fantastic! YOU GET A: for points and a for your losses!

Julie: YOU GET A: for points, I think? I would not have your job of raising children again for anything. You hang in there, they go back to school soon!

Carri: YOU GET A: for points yesterday. I am on this new regimen for my menopause symptoms and since I have never been much of a pill taker etc, it is kind of driving me nuts. Sure hope it helps though. Flaxseed oil capsules, magnesium, zinc, multi vitamin, progesterone cream twice a day, citrucel. Yikes! I just finished tom and boy am I glad!
It is to the point where I have HORRIBLE menopause symptoms along with the cramps etc. I am far enough into the menopause thing that I am no longer a heavy bleeder, but I do have blood clotting which has its own mess to deal with! I will be glad when the $^#% things stop completely!

Pam: YOU GET A: for your points yesterday. I am so sorry about your sister. Nothing is worse than to up and lose your job just out of the blue even when you know it might happen. My sister got fired from this law firm once like that for NO reason and it devastated her for a long time. Finding a job can be tough though, I know! I am still looking for one!

Well ladies, you are doing so well you deserve a treat so enjoy:

Absolutely no calories!

Faye
Old 08-06-2003, 10:39 AM   #13  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hiya girls. I am feeling very blah today. I am real tired and I've been having some weird back pain issues lately that are frustrating me.

Well, I signed up for a year at the gym, since they have an escape clause that if I move 25 miles away, then I can break my contract. It's ok.

I am just feeling like I do not wanna do anything.

But I did manage to get 4 points yesterday. Had a gym shake for dinner...they are pretty good actually. I had some teddy grahams and pretzels too and was still under 1k cals.

I guess I am just...blah.

Anyone happen to watch this show on F/X called nip/tuck? It was on last night and was a very good episode...it's basically a drama focusing on two Miami plastic surgeons. Well last night this very overweight lady came into their office wanting massive plastic surgery. In the end, they declined her case b/c she was a manic depressive that had gone off her medication w/o her doctor's consent. But they showed her house and how she had all these pictures of models and stuff on her walls and how she wanted to look so much different for her class reunion which was in less than a month. It was really sad, because at the end of the episode then, she killed herself b/c she couldn't get surgury in time. It's just one of those things that really makes you think...

OK t hat's kinda a depressing note LOL

But anyway, 4 points for yesterday. I'm not sure how many i'll get today...we'll have to try!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:45 AM   #14  
It is what it is...

Missy -
Hi, I am also fairly blah today....there is this woman that I sit next to here at work and she insists on wearing her perfume very strong ( I think she marinates in it at night ) and anyhow, I get feeling bad and get a headache like daily, I dont know how to approach this, do I go to her? Do I go to my supervisor? Either way it is going to be awkward and I am friends with her so I dont know what to do, so I am feeling blah and depressed over that...

I didnt want the Nip n Tuck thing but I have been trying to remember to, last night would have been a good episode to watch although yes it does sound depressing....

What kind of "wierd back pain"? Hope it feels better, I am just getting over mine....

Carri
Old 08-06-2003, 11:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Add me to the Blahs.

I got all 4 pts yesterday. Did well on my program, got in my exercise and all of my water as well.

I am just so not with it today. These hormone pills have my head in a constant fog.. so please forgive me for not doing personal replies.

Woeful Wednesday.
I dont have much to woe about other than finally getting to sleep around 3 am and not sleeping well last night then getting woke up too early by my daughters parakeet which is in the bad habit of loudly calling for her non-stop when she gets up and leaves her room. If that is the worst thing I deal with today.. I am doing great.

I started selling on ebay and spent most of my day yday taking pictures and uploading listings. Its already been alot of fun and I havent even sold anything yet.

I just remembered that I need to get my chicken in the crockpot before its too late so I'll check in after my walk.

Edit: Carri, I have a sister in law that wears a full bottle of perfume daily.. well it seems that way. She buys good quality stuff and its already potent without her bathing in it. She gets it on everything she touches and it rubs off on my kids when she hugs them. Another family member brought it to her attention politely (he got tired of it rubbing off on his kids) and she got extremely offended and nasty about it.
I would go thru the supervisor and let him/her know how it affects you and ask to not be named if/when its brought to her attention to avoid tension between the two of you. I sure wouldnt let it slide. I know EXACTLY what its like to deal with that. YUCK!!!

Last edited by Honeyrose29; 08-06-2003 at 11:37 AM.
Closed Thread