Exercise! - AuGuSt ArTiSts

View Full Version : AuGuSt ArTiSts

lovnmom
08-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Welcome to the AuGuSt ArTiStS formerly the JuLy BaBeS, We are a group of women who set our own exercise goals each month and then go for it. Along the way we offer each other support and also talk about everyday things. Come on along!.....First off girls the new name I feel suits us since we are not only sculpting new bodies for ourselves, but along the way we are painting a new life for ourselves. Hopefully one that is more colorful and more exciting.......I managed to walk 54 miles and ride my bike 46 in July. This is 2 miles less walking than June, but 24 more miles biking. So I'm feeling pretty good about that. I have yet to WI today so I'm not sure what I've lost for the month. I'll edit later with that. My goals for this month are going to be little different
WGM 45
BGM a modest 18
Here's the change 1hr. dance type exercise vid. a week.

Edited:

HW 185/ SW 156/ CW 142/ GW 125

Have a great day!

;) Kristi

jlmsandi
08-01-2003, 12:14 PM
I like the new name! I completely agree with you.
Last month, I exceeded my goal for walking, but didn't quite get there for biking.
This month I am going to still try and walk about one mile a day but as you know, I've added tennis to the mix. But I also think I need to add the bike back. I need variety!

Walking Goal: 30
Biking Goal: 30
Tennis: Not sure how to measure it, how about 30 minutes six times a week which would be about 12 hours for the month? Works for me!

Good luck to everyone on all the goals that they have set!

lovnmom
08-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Jackie, That sounds like a great plan mixing it up is the only way i can keep it going. If I tried to just walk I'd end up bored and skip a day then 2,3,4, and before you know it I wouldn't be exercising at all. Congrats on all you accomplished last month and good luck For meeting this months goals.....As for me I did manage to lose 4# in July. Which for me is very good I've never been one of these who could lose 2 or 3 # a week, so I'm happy. I finally weight exactly what I did last summer and so far I've made no plans to over indulge today as a reward for losing, so things are looking up in that dept. as well. To spice things up I went on line to see what the interlibrary loan had to offer in the dance exercise video area. I found one called Hula Your Way to Better Health or something like that. It's on it's way to my local library right now! I can't waite to try it. Noelle do you know any hula moves that'll help make me healthy? lol Anyway, have a great weekend everybody.

Kristi

FrouFrou
08-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Hi Kristi, Jackie and Everyone else :wave:

Kristi, hey GREAT name, I LOVE :love: it! A new name for a new month and a new start. And you are so right we are painting a new life for ourselves. I am like you also, when I first start a program the most I have lost in a week is 3 pounds and after the initial loss it is slow :snail: from there. I too am a 1-2 pound a week loser. Which is fine because they always say the slower you take it off, it is more likely to stay off. WTG on the 4 pound loss for July. :high: Glad to hear you are having a great day. :)

Jackie, I think a few of us here are mixing it up a bit. I know I had to so as not to become completely bored with walking, which was happening. I've thrown in Richard Simmons and Denise Austins Pilates to my bike rides and walking. So of course my goal is going ot be a bit lower this month.

I am aiming for 50 miles to walk this month, which is lower than what I did last month, barely, but since I am throwing a couple other things in the mix I don't plan on walking as much. I will still be exercising 6 days a week though.

Here's to wishing good luck to everyone on their goals. :cheers:

WNYmom
08-01-2003, 05:56 PM
OK, another new month so I am going to try and start up yet again. My only problem is Aug is so busy between car shows, vacation, company picnic, #1 son with the orthodontest.
I just want school to start up so I can get back on a schedule that I can keep!!!!!!!!!!!

FrouFrou
08-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Hi again ladies,

I have posted this before but I like bringing it back once in a while to remind us all that we are special.

:flow1: Some Inspiration

Your presence is a present to the world.
You are unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You will make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Do not put limits on yourself.
So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
The longer one carries a problem the heavier it gets.
Do not take things too seriously.
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way.
Remember that a lot...goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
Life's treasures are people together.

Realize that it is never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have heart, and hope, and happiness.
Take the time to wish upon a star.

AND DO NOT EVER FORGET...
FOR EVEN A DAY
HOW VERY SPECIAL YOU ARE!

~by Bill Greer,
Chicken Soup for the Veteran's Soul

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

lovnmom
08-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Jackie, I so hear you on the back to school thing. Today I need to spend my day reorganizing like the whole house, because there are clothes and "kid stuff" everywhere. I try not to get on them too much with chores and stuff in the summer, because I myself would rather be outside or gone than home cleaning, but something has to be done. I hate clutter and I'm avoiding being in the house at all due to clutter!! We'll hang in here together and have nice neat homes and a scheduled exercise time in 1 more month!.....Cristi, I have to admit I took a peek at your journal the other day and read these beautiful words of inspiration. Thanks for posting them here for all of us to enjoy! I love your new avatar. I've been thinking mine's getting a little tired. Have a great weekend ladies!

MW 0 / MB 0 / 1 hr. vids. 1

Kristi

kcatanza
08-02-2003, 02:29 PM
God bless your hearts!!!

i have been so off the wagon as far as exercising, that's why i haven't been out here. i really haven't had much time. which is no excuse, cause EVERYONE can find 20 mins in their day to take a walk.

good news... i've dropped a couple more pounds since... the last time i posted. which was probably like july 10. i've also started a new class, short story workshop. i've always been into writing, but i haven't felt disciplined, so i'm hoping that the class will help. and probably my biggest news... i got a new car. yippee. it was kinda a present to myself, after getting under 200 pounds i promised myself i would look for one. and i looked for one for about a month. and i FINALLY decided on a toyota corolla... which is what my old car was. i guess i'm just loyal.

but anyway, i'm back... and probably way under goal from last month. i'm going to try to stick to it this month though. i so need the encouragment from you chicas!!! i've missed you!!!

august goal: 50 miles

FrouFrou
08-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Hi ladies :wave:

Kristen, so glad to see ya back lady! Hey even if you don't get the walking in pop in once in a while anyway we would still love to hear from ya. CONGRAT'S on everything! Geez, pounds gone, a new car and a new class to boot! YGG Good for you, sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with everything. :cheers: :cb: The short story workshop sounds very interesting, I just know you will love it! I have never been a writer myself, couldn't even write a poem in school. Good luck with the workshop and enjoy.

Janine, you poor lady, you just sound so busy with everything. You need to take some time for yourself and relax. Well, when the kids start school I know you will be more relaxed and will get back in your routine.

Kristi, I can't seem to leave the avatar alone! :lol: I want something fun but can't seem to find what I am looking for. I even looked at clip art, so this will suffice for now. I will probably change it again soon. You are welcome for the inspiration, I have to read this stuff a lot to remind me I am special and worth something. I get in my moods and always think the worst of myself so it truly helps. I love reading inspirational books, and Chicken Soup has a bunch. I actually have one in my mini-van that I have kept there for a while when I picked up my dd from school, while I was waiting I would read a story or two. It's funny because I hate to hear others put themselves down but I am so very hard on myself. I am definitely working on it though.

Okay, not a good way to start the month off but I didn't get a walk in yesterday, bad girl! I am going to walk today for sure, not sure how far because I am feeling crappy today. I woke up with a crick in my neck and for some reason my lower back is killing me. I didn't do anything for it to hurt, maybe I slept wrong, I don't know. On top of it I have a splitting :headache: not my day. I will edit this post later to include my walk for the day. I hope everyone is having a good weekend thus far. TTFN :wave:

August Goal~50 miles
8/01/03~zero
8/02/03~3.5 miles
Total Miles 8/03~3.5
Miles to go~46.5

lovnmom
08-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Kristen, Great to hear from you. I second Cristi all the way. Don't stay away just because you're not on goal. I've come to enjoy your posts. You sound so young and living a life I haven't known for a long time. I need to feed off your adventures lol. It sounds like all kinds of good stuff is going on for you. WTG. I love how you made yourself a promise of a treat once you reached a mini goal and then kept the promise. I promised myself a new bike if I made my April goal and I'm still riding the same old one. Bravo for you for being good to yourself!!....Cristi, sending good ((((((vibes)))))) your way. No one should suffer on a Sat. that's what Mons. are for......Eating ok today and I totally plan on walking. I need some peace and quiet and all alone on the trail sounds just wonderful about now. Hope your weekend gets better. Have a good one everyone else!

Vids 1 /

Kristi

Justsecretgirl
08-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Hi ladies! Wow I had fallen off the wagon big time! I am here and ready to get it going on again! I don't know how often I will post but I will try to keep in touch as much as I can. I will log my walking here when I can. It's great to see some new faces here. Well I had weigh in today and lost the .4 that I gained last week. I am at 201! Well talk to you all soon!

FrouFrou
08-03-2003, 01:07 AM
Hi ladies,

Just coming back to edit my post above and add the walk I did today, 3.5.

Jenifer, so glad to see you back also. We have missed both you and Kristen and of course the other ladies. WTG on your loss, I knew you would do it. We hope to hear more from both you ladies, and all you ladies MIA.

Noelle, hope you are having a fun weekend in Maui.

Kristi, thanks for the vibes. I finally got rid of the headache and back isn't a bother either but I need to be careful with my neck. If I turn too quick it hurts.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow some time. TTFN :)

lovnmom
08-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Jenifer, So great to hear from you!!! Is school done, how's the pooch, still praying for your families loss, I keep you in mind everyday. You just hang in there wonderland is the next stop!!!...Cristi, SO glad to hear you're feeling better. I ended up with a headache last night as well. At times I think it was sinus related, but I'm doing good today. I had a great morn and afternoon. Kids were great in church today I met with my camp councellors who will be leading the VBS that I coordinate for 3 churches. They seem like terrific young people. My dh loaded my bike last night so I could ride the 5 miles home this way I got my exercise in and it didn't even seem like it. I was just getting home!! Anyway, I'll be way busy with this VBS thing all week, but I'm hoping not to blow my diet (oops, new lifestyle) too bad, but the sweets are everwhere during VBS. Have a great Mon. I probably won't be on until late.

MW 2 / MB 5 / VIDS 1

Kristi

lovnmom
08-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Well there that'll teach me. I had a great day with just one minor thing going wrong and I came on here and ranted and raved all about it and then the post was lost to cyber space!!!! So, I'll some it all up with. I took a 3 mile walk with my pooch early this morning and then headed off to a funfilled day at VBS. We had 33 children show which is down by 20 - 25, but more usually come the 2nd day. Even though I was surrounded by sweets I ate non and rewarded myself with 1 chocolate chocolate chip cookie when I got home. Eve meal is planned well and my children are all healthy. I'm truly blessed. Hope you know you are too!

MW 5 / MB 5 / VIDS 1

Kristi

FrouFrou
08-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Kristi, good for you! :high: I would have been too tempted and ate more cookies than just one. That's why I don't keep any here. Once in a while I crave a donut from krispy creme and I will go and buy just 1. I know if I buy a dozen or even a 1/2 dozen I will eat at least 3 or 4. Speaking of which, I can't remember the last time I had one. WTG on the 5 mile bike ride. I hope you have a great week at VBS, and more kids show up tomorrow. I am sending you some good vibes and luck to stay OP and away from all the goodies. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :lucky:

Noelles, I hope you had a great weekend!

Jenifer, hope you are doing great also.

I took my free day today rather than Sunday. I always seem to get bored on my planned free day (sunday) and end up walking so I guess my free day will be whenever I take it. :lol: I did get in 3 miles yesterday (Sunday). That's about all that's going on with my exciting life. Take care ladies.

August Goal~50 miles
8/03/03~3 miles
8/04/03~zero
Total Miles 8/03~6.5
Miles to go~43.5

kcatanza
08-05-2003, 10:45 AM
hello girlies!! :)

it's another RAINY day here in new england. :( it's starting to get depressing.

good news though... while watching tv for forty minutes... i did various walking exercises. i even listened to my discman for a few minutes and danced around. but more importantly was not CAUGHT dancing by my roommate. that would be bad. heh.

hopefully tonight i'll be able to get a walk in. i need to start moving again!!

have a great day, girls!

FrouFrou
08-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Hi Ladies,

Aaaaaaaah! I am getting so angry! The last two days I have lost so many posts! Is anyone else having any problems? I go to submit my post and it says I am not logged on, I have logged on 4 times this morning. :headache: Okay, I will try one more time.

Kristen, WTG on working out. Any movement counts as a workout in my book especially dancing! :dancer: You can send some of that rain our way,we are needing it! :rain: But just a little, not too much as it depresses me when we get too much also. I just want it to cool down.

Kristi, hope you are having a fun time at VBS!

I haven't managed my workout as of yet but it will be done before the day is over. Took dd driving early this morning, she is doing pretty good. I am still not confident enough to let her drive on her own. That probably won't happen for a while. I read an article about teen drivers and they thought that parents don't spend enough time teaching their kids to drive before letting them go on their own. My dd gets distracted too easily and I am really afraid to let her drive alone, it may be months before I do. She tried last year and really wasn't interested the reason I didn't pressure her. I've even taken her out at night so she could get used to that. I have been waiting for it to rain so she doesn't freak out whe she has to drive in it, I think the snow will be the worst. Anyway, we'll see. Today is supposed to be RS day and a bike ride which I will do but I will also probably get in a walk, just a short one.

Hi Noelle, Jackie, Lynne, Jenifer, Jen, Janelle and anyone else I may have missed, for some reason I always feel as if I have missed someone. I hope EVERYONE is having a great day today! :) TTFN

P.S. Just editing this post to add my miles today. Instead of doing RS and a bike ride I did a 3.5 mile walk and a bike ride. Also, wanted to wish Kristen a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hb: :hat: :gift: :balloons: Hope you had a GREAT one!

August Goal~50 miles
8/05/03~3.5 miles
Total Miles 8/03~10
Miles to go~40

FrouFrou
08-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone????

Not much to say, just wanted to record my miles for the day and say Hi. Hope everyone is having a good one.

August Goal~50 miles
8/06/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~12
Miles to go~38

WNYmom
08-07-2003, 01:03 PM
I want school to start!!! I am so busy right now that I have no time to myself other than after 10 at night! By then I am to tired to excersice. We are coming into our busiest weekend of the summer. Friday we have a car show down the road for our local fire hall. Sat we will be at the Erie County Fair all day for DH's company picnic. Sunday we have out big club car show. The weekend after that we go on vacation for a week. I am trying to plan out a healthy menu for the week and would really like to get some walking in at the beach. Wish me luck for the next two weeks! I will be a week without my bathroom scale or computer. Don't know which is gonna be worse.

melekalikimaka
08-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Hey ladies! I've missed you. I've been sort of down and out with this lingering flu bug that just won't go away. I did get a walk in with my hubby yesterday so I feel sort of back to normal (whatever that is :dizzy: ) . It's his 33rd b-day today so we're going out to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. Haven't eaten there before, but I am going to look over their website to see what I can make do with. He got himself a used custom chopper motorcyle which he bought from a dealer in OK. The freight company called to say it landed in HI yesterday so it just might be delivered today. I haven't gotten him a b-day present yet, but I already know I'm gonna go buy him a helmet to keep his brains intact while he rides.

Janine, here's sending :goodvibes: for your next two weeks. Sounds like you've got a hectic schedule--it's a good thing there's a vacation in there. Have fun.

Cristi, I'm using you as my walking inspiration. I've only got 3.5 recorded miles under my belt so far :^: . I know I walked a lot in Lahaina, Maui but i just didn't measure it. Keep it up lady, you're doing great.l

Kristen, happy belated birthday! :hb: :balloons: :hat: . You make me feel old :lol: . Ooh, congrats your new baby (the Corolla). That's a cute little car.

Kristi, hope your VBS week(?) went well.

Jenifer, how's Sade doing? More importantly, how are you doing? Help keep me up on the wagon will ya? :D

Jackie what's happening in your neck of the woods?

Hope I didn't miss anyone...well you ladies have a great day and I'll check back here later. Aloha!

lovnmom
08-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey Ladies I'm back, It sounds like everyones been having a pretty good week. Kristen's got some rain, but it's her bday too! Hope you had a bast. How old are you (if you don't mind) ....Janine, Hang in there schools coming.....Noelle, sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope all's better now....Cristi, You know I love ya!...I had a great week at vacation Bible school. Me and the kids all had a blast and I even managed to avoid the sweets for the most part so I ate good at the pot luck last night. My inlaws and my mother all came to the closing program last night. The kids thought that was great. I did get some exercsie in and managed not to gain. TOM's right around the corner, but I actually made it through the scary days without all of you this month.Phew! Nothing planned for tomoroow, but have a big work day at church on Sun. We are breaking ground to put in an elevator. We need to add on to church to accomplish this and so we have to remove our lighted sign and the hand rails from the existing steps etc... It will be at last 12 wks. before it's all completed. It's very exciting. This project has devided our church in many ways (over the cost $115,000) I'm hoping that now that it's started the unrest will settle and all will be even better than before. Have a great weekend all.

Kristi

MW 9 / MB 5 / 1 hr. vids 2

Hey, I tried a Hula exercise vid. not much actually exercise, but I had a ball laughing at myself!

Justsecretgirl
08-10-2003, 04:48 AM
Hi ladies! I had a great week OP! It sounds like you all are doing great also. The pup is doing great and getting very big! I'm finally in OnderLand!!!! 198.4! Yes! I was so happy and I know it was b/c I walked twice and then did the Elliptical twice. I feel so good ladies! I feel bad that I don't get here and post more than once a week if that. I love reading what you all have been up to!
Kristen I am glad to see your back! Whoohoo!

Justsecretgirl
08-10-2003, 04:54 AM
Kristi thank you so much & thank everyone so much! You all are so sweet. As for the loss of my aunt things are getting better as time goes by. I worry about my Mom but I know she is strong and things will be okay. As for my aunts daughter they are doing ok. My Mom comes from a family of 7 girls so everyone is kind of taking turns getting them ready for the new school year.
Hugs to everyone!

kcatanza
08-10-2003, 11:30 AM
thanks so much for all the birthday wishes!!! it was over and done with before it started.... or so it seemed. and to answer kristi's question... or at least i think it was kristi... i turned 25 again! i think i'm sticking at 25. but for real, i'm 26. not a big deal, but 25 just sounds better. :lol:

anyway, so i figure that i should update on my walking. i nearly forgot that i set a goal. but i'm glad i did, cause now i plan on sticking to it. :) on monday, i did walking exercises for forty minutes which was like walking 2 miles for me. so i'm counting it as two. tuesday, i did 3 miles. woo hoo!! what a better way to spend my birthday! :) weds i only walked one mile, but one is better than nothing. i don't think i did anything on thursday, or at least i can't remember. oh... that was the night i babysat my nephew... no i didn't walk. friday i walked another 3 miles. and saturday, i didn't really walk anything.

so that's what?? 9 miles thus far? not bad. i need to get my arse in gear though.

jenifer - congrats on onederland! :bravo: doesn't it feel great? you did sucha great job with everything, you so deserve it! congrats again!! :balloons:

as for my weigh in yesterday... i stayed the same. which is fine with me, cause i had plenty of cake and food for the birthday celebration!!

have a fantastic week, ladies!!

august goal: 50 miles
walked: 9 miles
left to goal: 41 miles

FrouFrou
08-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Happy Birthday to you :hat:
Happy Birthday to you :gift:
Happy Birthday dear Kristi :hat:
Happy Birthday to you! :hb:

:balloons:HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTI!!!!:balloons:

Hope your day is as special as you are! Glad you had a great time with VBS.

Noelle, hey lady glad to see you back and so sorry to hear of you having the flu. I do hope you are feeling better. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to your hubby also! :hb: Hope his day was also special and you guys enjoyed the Outback Steakhouse. Did you like it? My hubby and I went once and the prime rib was delicious. :T A helmut is definitely a good idea!

Jenifer, WTG on your loss and making it to wonderland! Yippee! Isn't it an awesome feeling? YGG :cp: :cb: :dancer: :bravo:

Kristen, maintaining is just as hard as losing so WTG! And you had birthday cake.

I haven't been doing so good with the eating, UGH! I keep up with the exercising/walking and for the most part the water drinking but I just can't seem to get in sync with all three. I showed a 1.5 pound gain this past week which was bound to happen, umm duh. That's what happens when you don't stay OP, it is just so stinking hard. Of course this just makes me want to work harder. Hubby and I have been going to the park and walking, well we did two days. This park is huge, well the park isn't so big as much as the trail because they have zig zagged the trail in and out of the park which makes it seem huge but it is pretty good sized and it's not that far of a drive from where we live. We did two miles both days. I so enjoy our walks together when we have the chance.

:blah: :blah: :blah: Anyway, Hi to everyone else. I hope everyone has had a GREAT weekend and is doing well. TTFN :flow1:

August Goal~50 miles
8/06/03~2 miles
8/07/03~zero
8/08/03~2.5 miles
8/9/03~zero
8/10/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~16.5
Miles to go~33.5

lovnmom
08-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Hi ladies,.......Jenifer, WTG. You have worked so hard and hung in there all along even when life offered up difficulties. If anyone deserves to succeed it's you! .........Kristen, sounds like you're doing great. I too need to get my arse in gear. Your from Boston right, are you Irish you arse mover?!?.......Cristi, I don't believe I mentioned my bday on here at all, but the fact that you know the 10th was my bday and you didn't forget does not surprise me in the least. You have to be the sweetest. My eating has been terrible, but there has been so much going on that I'm going to hang in there with my exercise and just kind of hope to maintain this month. Take care all!

9 W / 11 B / 2.5 vids.

Kristi

FrouFrou
08-12-2003, 01:46 PM
Good Morning Ladies :sunny:

Kristi, I must say when I come to 3fc I go directly to the birthday list at the bottom when I am signing in.

Not much to report or say but wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. My eating hasn't been so great and my exercise has been sporadic but I am trying.

Was busy yesterday and got started on a walk but didn't get too far, just .60 of a mile. I do plan on 3 miles today but won't record it until I actually do it just in case.

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL day! TTFN :flow1:

August Goal~50 miles
8/11/03~.60
8/12/03~3.5 miles
Total Miles 8/03~20.60
Miles to go~29.40

P.S. Editing my post to include my 3.5 mile walk today.

lovnmom
08-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Cristi, you sound like me. I ended up doing a 6 mile bike ride, but only because my 2 oldest wanted to ride to my mom's and I just didn't have a good reason not too. That was the first ex. I'd done since a 1/2 hr. vid. on Fri. I'm soooo in a slump. Maybe we should make some kind of deal to be going strong again on a certain date or something. We'll hang in there and get our steam back though. I know it. Take care.

Kristi

FrouFrou
08-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Kristi, at least you have the kids to force ya. It is hard to tell the little ones no. I'm all for making some kind of a deal to get us going again. I did force myself today, no interruptions and I want to say it sure is hard to get back in a routine when you skip a few days in between. I just felt so tired after walking 3.5 miles but I did it and will have to force myself tomorrow in between errands. When do you children start school? Around here a lot of the schools are starting this week which is unusual. Normally they start the Thursday before Labor Day, or they have the past 4 years. I need to go edit my previous post so I hope ALL you ladies had a GREAT day and an even better tomorrow. :)

WNYmom
08-14-2003, 10:50 AM
Well, I have been so busy and have fallen off the wagon. Kind of hard to stay on when everything is going so fast. We survived our big weekend with a Field Days & car show on Friday. County Fair on Saturday then Car show to work on Sunday. Now I am trying to get ready for our vacation at the beach. We leave Sat. morning and I have some things packed but there is so much that has to wait till almost last minute like grocery shopping, finish packing (need to do all the laundry to have clean clothes to pack). We have all the beach toys and chairs ready to go and waiting in the garage. The tunes are ready and I have some stuff packed. I have all my lists ready so that is a big help! Wish me luck next week with being away from my bathroom scale and all. I hope to get some walking done on the beach in the AM before the days heat up. I also need to try and get the grass cut one last time before we go. UGH!
So I will be MIA all next week. Have a good one everyone and pray we have good beach type weather.

FrouFrou
08-19-2003, 07:32 PM
WOW! What happened ladies? Where is everyone?

Just a quick Hi to all. I don't have time to post but wanted to say Hi and say that I am still hanging in there.

Hope to see some posts from everyone soon. Well, gotta go but I will try and check back later this evening but if not tomorrow for sure.

Hope everyone is having a great day. TTFN :)

lovnmom
08-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Hi ladies, I too am off the wagon. Not totally! I'm drinking my water and nopt binge eating or doing lots of sweets, but few cals are coming from fruits and vegs. I always get so caught up in the NUMBERS. I can say that my goal is a low number and doable, but in my head I always want to beat the month before and when life hits ( getting ready for Sun. school, soccer board, school prep. for my own kids etc..) the time is not there to "beat" last month and I get discouraged and quit. I do have a plan in place to start again when school starts ( Sept. 3rd ) I've been reading about childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. 2 of my children are on the heavy side and I don't want them to go through what I went through so my plan is going to include my eating plan for everyone. Not just me. I plan to start with getting rid of the processed sugars and simple carbs at home and see what a difference it makes. If need be I will pack their lunches. I'm not putting them on diets I'm just going to explain that for our hearts and everything we all need to eat healthier. Pray for me - they're not going to like 7 grain bread over squishy white! Thanks for being here. Let's think of a really snappy Sept. name and hang in here!!!!

Kristi

FrouFrou
08-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Hi to everyone, Kristi, Kirsten, Janine, Noelle, Jenifer and anyone I may have missed. Hope all is well with you guys. :)

I said I would post today so here I am of course this too will be a short one. I am too pooped so I will post more tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day!

FrouFrou
08-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Kristi, Noelle, Jenifer, Kristen, Janine, Jackie and anyone I may have missed I hope alls well with you all.

Kristi, I too get caught up with the numbers, that is one reason I can't keep my stats on my signature. I think if I see them it will help but then looking at it so much only makes it worse so I take them off. I will probably put them up again and leave them maybe if I get disgusted enough it will make me work harder. Anyway, several books I have read have said to either throw the scales away or only weigh once a month. I don't feel I can do that as yet. But this month I haven't weighed as much. As far as the exercise goals I do the same. I know the goals I make are doable but are they necessary? I don't know. I haven't exercised as much and I am doing fine so what is the point in trying to kill ourselves. I will get back to working out but I am not going to try and kill myself. I think I can do 3-4 days a week for life but I am not so sure about 5 or 6, and I know this is a lifetime thing. I am proud of you for helping your children, WTG! I think you have already gotten a good start by them walking and riding with you. It seemed like they and you enjoyed that so much and once all the school activities begin that will be a bonus. I do think they will learn to like the foods you give them. As long as they know you are trying to help them and the rest of the family, and they know it is for their health, I think it will be fine. I think when parents treat others different by giving some of the children different meals that is when they don't like it because they don't think it is fair. So the whole family getting the same meals/foods is a good thing and I am sure you will do fine.

I am surprised there hasn't been much activity here. Of course I too have been MIA for a while. I decided to take a break from all this, measuring, weighing and exercising, not sure why but I woke up one morning and had had enough. I'm not saying I was quitting but felt I needed a break from all this. I will NEVER quit. I was just tired of exercising so much and it wasn't doing me anygood as far as losing. Needless to say I probably won't make this goal either, but I could come very close. I am slowly getting back on track though. Even though I decided to not get on the scales I broke down and got on a couple of days ago, thought I better see the damage I have done. It showed a 2 pound gain but I figure I have been maintaining because I weighed after lunch so two meals, plus clothes and add to that TOM I figure I haven't done so bad, which is good. I was so afraid that I had gained a lot. Anyway, that's about all I have. Hope everyone is doing good. Take care ladies. TTFN

August Goal~50 miles
8/19/03~2 miles
8/21/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~24.60
Miles to go~25.40

WNYmom
08-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Well, back from vacation and so far the scale is being kind to me. I wonder what will happen with everything catches up with me! :rolleyes: I did some pretty bad things while on vacation (diet wise). I assisted in killing 2 bottles of Captain Morgans, ate Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, Double Fudge Chocolate cake, Porterhouse Steak, loads of potato and mac salad though it was made with Fat Free Miracle Whip.
I did manage to get out one morning and do a 44 minute walk with Melissa Ethridge! :strong: I have no idea how far I walked but I was really tired when I got back.:faint: I also did lots of trips back and forth from the water's edge and the cottage for water, beer, diet pop/soda. I did try and drink lots of water and didn't start with The Captain till supper time! ;)
So now school starts in just 9 short days so I hope to get back on track since I will have an actual schedule going!
If you want to see my vacation pics here is a link!
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?US=0&UV=549021193234_386666710103&collid=212511510103

FrouFrou
08-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Well, I am back on track as of today. My short little break or what ever you want to call it is over. Time to get back to work with this weight loss. I actually got an early start this morning and managed to get everything done this morning. Well, I still have a couple of loads of laundry to finish but the house is clean the exercise is done and as soon as I get off this thing I am going to get some reading done. I need to finish the BFL (Body For Life) book since I am going to give it a try starting September 1. I have got to get this weight off!

Janine, I completely forgot you were going on vacation. From the photos it looks like you guys had a wonderful time at the beach! Nice photos by the way. Where did you guys go?

Hi to EVERYONE. I hope you all are doing fine and having a great day. Take care ladies. TTFN :)

FrouFrou
08-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Just checking in to see if anyone has posted. Hope everyone is fine and doing well. Take care :)

August Goal~50 miles
8/25/03~2 miles
8/26/03~3 miles
Total Miles 8/03~29.60
Miles to go~20.40

Might make my goal after all. :shrug:

Hotcupojava
08-26-2003, 01:31 PM
I read daily, but I rarely post. I suck.:?: Mary in West Virginia

FrouFrou
08-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Lurking a bit and thought I would drop by with another Hi for the day.

Mary, don't be so hard on yourself. You DON'T suck! :grouphug: And I am glad to see you posted and to hear that you read the posts daily. How are you doing? We have missed you around here, as well as everyone else. Hope to see you posting more. Take care.

Later ladies...

FrouFrou
08-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Just adding my miles for the day. Have a good one ladies! TTFN

August Goal~50 miles
8/27/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~31.60
Miles to go~18.40

melekalikimaka
08-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone. I am having a terrible month :( .

Cristi, bravo to you :cp: for still getting out there and walking. This goes for all of you others out there making the effort.

Unfortunately, I can probably count on one hand the # of days I have been out and walking in the evenings. Exercising and eating right have fallen by the wayside for me. I haven't forgotten you ladies in fact I think of you often (guiltily) . I just haven't had much to post about on the exercise front. Bad me! Anyway, I hope to make the rest of the month better and get my butt out there and walk. September I will start totally fresh.

Take care of yourselves!

FrouFrou
08-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks Noelle! I refuse to quit, I may take a break every now and then but I will never quit till I lose this weight. Of course I won''t be able to quit then either because it will be a lifetime thing to maintain. However, I am not going to try and kill myself doing it.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

August Goal~50 miles
8/28/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~33.60
Miles to go~16.40

May do another mile sometime this evening and will edit if so.Take care ladies and have a great Labor Day weekend!

Mark&Ivy'smom
08-31-2003, 12:26 AM
You guys all sound like you're doing a great job!! I have been around, but just not posting. You know I was soooooo excited about all of this in the beginning, and now......well. I'm trying to get this motivation back. I'm also trying to get things in my life on one path, it's slow, but I thinks it's finally heading that way. Started new classes, joined flylady to get organized, and getting back in the groove.....I hope. If it's okay, I'll see you all in a couple days for the September challenge. I missed ya!

WNYmom
08-31-2003, 08:23 PM
Well, almost time for school to start and for me to finally be able to get on some kind of a schedule. Can't wait for this to happen! For more than this one reason also! ;)
Anyone have a new name for our group? I suggest September Slimmers. Anyone else with any suggestions?

FrouFrou
09-01-2003, 12:05 AM
DO NOT POST HERE!!!!

GO to our NEW Thread SEPTEMBER SPARKLERS!

See ya there!