Ideal Protein Diet - October Newbies-Marvelous in March

Pages : [1] 2

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 12:03 PM
So, we begin month 6! Let's make it a month of positively moving toward our goal of looking and feeling MARVELOUS! :drinkup: Slainte!

stephascope
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
I knew we would be marvelous in March! lol

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Trying to come up with thread names, takes some work! It was either Marvelous or Moving it, lol.

How about April? A is difficult!!

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 12:29 PM
"Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to the person you were yesterday."

stephascope
03-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Amazing in April?

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Like it, Steph!

Kawaii1002
03-01-2014, 09:06 PM
How's everyone doing today?? Started my day off with a bang! After my workout on Friday I did interval running and let me tell you... My thighs are STILL on fire. Got up this morning feeling it.. But went to Zumba and going to be registering for a spin class.. Woohoo!! My body has been feeling great the past few days, and I'm so gonna make the twos this week... I can feel it! Overall since starting, I've lost 49.75 inches and 94.6lbs.. In 5 months.. That's ridiculous! But totally in a good way. Feeling on top of the world,and yes, I am going to be marvelous in March!

Slipfree
03-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone,

Off to run a bowling fundraiser for a sick friend. After that I will be meeting Kawaii for coffee!

Not to sure about the snow, seems like the predictions keep changing. We shall see.

Have a wonderful OP day!

Kawaii1002
03-02-2014, 09:58 AM
So excited!!!!! :)

Slipfree
03-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi all,

The Bowling Bonanza was a huge success! I won a $120.00 gift certificate to a very nice hair salon and I got to meet Kawaii today! Pretty good day :D

Making beef tenderloin, sautéed mushrooms and turnip fries for dinner.

How was your weekend?

stephascope
03-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

The Bowling Bonanza was a huge success! I won a $120.00 gift certificate to a very nice hair salon and I got to meet Kawaii today! Pretty good day :D

Making beef tenderloin, sautéed mushrooms and turnip fries for dinner.

How was your weekend?

Congrats on the GC! That's so cool that you and Maddy got to meet in RL!

We are having pork tenderloin and zucchini for dinner. Going to eat early as I'm meeting a friend for coffee at 5pm (I know, weird time to meet on a Sunday night). She is struggling to lose weight and we have been meeting up more regularly for our black coffee as it's the only time she get can get away from kids and DH. She has continually gained weight since we went to college together 10+ years ago. Like most moms out there, she hasn't been taking the time to take care of herself. Most days she doesn't even eat until after 8pm and then it's a binge. I'm flattered that she looks to me for motivation but it's really hard to help someone who won't/can't take the time to plan for success. She will have to find her own way I suppose. I'll help as much as I can. I really worry about her health. She probably should lose about 80+ lbs and is a high-stress, very busy person. She needs to get healthy for her kidlettes!

Slipfree
03-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Steph, you are a good friend. Just talking to you probably gives her comfort and lowers her stress. Plus your weight loss is a reminder that it can be done. Hope you have fun.

want2bskinnyagain
03-02-2014, 11:40 PM
So we are back from our shopping trip, all 4 of us needed new clothes for Hawaii. So I thought since I had lost 55lbs it would be easy to walk into a store and find clothes that fit, boy was I wrong. I would find clothes I liked but I seem to be in between a XL and a L, the XL was too big and the L was too small. I managed to find a few tops that were a L that fit good. Starting out at a 2X, that is a huge improvement. Then on to shorts, wow. In the same store I fit into a 18 and a 14, no wonder it took me so long to find clothes that fit, what is up with the sizing? Of course I bought the size 14's, mostly because they had a 14 on them!:D DH and I ate salads most of the meals which kept us both on plan! That is a huge NSV for both of us. Back to the work week tomorrow!!

Kooky: So glad your accident turned out well, still stressful and you handled the day well!! Your number of inches lost and pounds lost is so impressive. I don't really know what to say, because everything I think of really isn't enough. You really are an inspiration to me to keep going.

Steph: I will be so glad to be rid of the ice and snow, not fun driving conditions.

Slip: Into the 170's!! I am so proud of you. Have you found any more hidden body parts? LOL Your story made my night.

Slipfree
03-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Want2b- sorry the shopping was not easier. I think it is hard to shop on the way down. You don't want to spend a lot of money because you do not intend to be in that size long. Just imagine the shopping 55 pounds ago!

You must be so excited about Hawaii! I am jealous. Looks like the big storm will miss us now and I am grateful, but I could use some warmth.

Congrats on the NSV! It is great that both of you are so motivated to stay OP.

Kawaii1002
03-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Yesterday was a great day. Spent the morning with hubby and the pup, then met up with Slip for coffee. It was like we've known each other for forever even though we were just meeting up for the first time. I cannot thank each and every one of you on this thread enough. Your support is immeasurable and it keeps me on track on those days when I'm not "gung ho."

Want2be: I had a similar experience when clothing shopping. In one plus sized store (Catherine's) I am a size 18, went next door (Lane Bryant), tried on the jeans there and I'm a size 24. Thank you very much, I don't care if it's spandex or not, I'm taking the 18's! It can be so confusing, especially with our ever changing body shape/size. Just enjoy the ever shrinking numbers, and enjoy the process. You're making it happen!

LUCCILOVE
03-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Lots of snow here and still snowing! Everything is closed so I could not go to my WI. But I had some lab work done and my liver enzymes are SUPER high. Before I started the diet they were fine. Just got off the phone with my Endocronolgist and he had me get off some drugs to see if it was that. Has anyone else have this since starting IP? I have never had liver issues before.

I will get tested to rule out hepatitis but we dont think it is that. He said if I have a fatty liver I will most likely have to stop IP because the high protein could be aggravating it. Little stressed but being proactive about it. Have to see my other Drs too to see what could be going on.

Did some searches on here and internet but nothing major. My coach did tell me they can be elevated but since Feb 2, 2014 they have more then tripled!!!! OY

I will also start to eat more chicken and fish. I was having red meat about 5xs a week. Will keep u posted.

Kawaii1002
03-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Lucci,
The coaches at my center (which means nothing because every one has different "rules") says that you should limit red meat to twice a week, salmon to once a week, and rotate the other protein options. I haven't had my levels checked since starting, beginning to wonder if I schools schedule with my doc to be on the safe side.

Slipfree
03-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Luccilove, so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. My blood work came out fine, in fact they were really happy because my very deficient iron levels are normal now.

My clinic limits red meat to twice a week. I have it 1-2 times per week. Have never been a huge fan. Hope the switch helps for you. (Meds and protein variety)

Hope you make out okay in the snow, I had heard you were getting up to 10 inches :(

They sent me home from school, I think I am getting a stomach bug. Headache, queasy stomach and a bit faint. Could also be side effects from taking the water pill every day, which just started. Time will tell. For right now, I am grateful for my school secretary for always taking care of me.

want2bskinnyagain
03-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Kawaii: thanks for the kind words.

Lucci: Hopefully you can get everything figured out soon. Keep us posted.

Slip: Feel better soon.

The difference between who you are and who you want to be...is what you do.

lisa32989
03-03-2014, 01:27 PM
He said if I have a fatty liver I will most likely have to stop IP because the high protein could be aggravating it.
Interesting...everything I've read says that CARBS aggravate fatty liver (or excess protein, which we don't get on IP)

Kawaii1002
03-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Ok... so I totally get that this isn't "Official", but I stepped onto the scale today, and LOOK!!!!!! I know there's a glare, and you can't read it well, but it says ***292.5***!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!! I made "Twoderville"!!!

want2bskinnyagain
03-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Kawaii: You didn't make twoderville, you are firmly planted in it, but not staying in the 290's for long I am sure!! Way to go girl!!!

scottysgirl7682
03-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Ive also been doing IP since October, 2013. Since then, everything was going great until I hit my plateau 3 months in. It really depressed me, and I started to wonder if I would ever get out of it. I had a loss last week, and hoped and prayed that the rollercoaster wouldnt start up again. Well, I got on the scale this morning, and found that I FINALLY MADE IT OUT OF THE 200S!!! I am now in ONEDERLAND!!!

scottysgirl7682
03-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Ok... so I totally get that this isn't "Official", but I stepped onto the scale today, and LOOK!!!!!! I know there's a glare, and you can't read it well, but it says ***292.5***!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!! I made "Twoderville"!!!

Wahooo!!!!! Thats awesome!! Keep it up and soon, youll join me in onederland!!!!

LUCCILOVE
03-03-2014, 06:55 PM
We probably got about 7 inches of snow. We might be the coldest tonight/Tue since I think the 1940s!!! This time of year it is suppose to be 50 degrees in DC and it is like 10-18 here!!!

Slipfree--Feel better

Kawaii-CONGRATS to u!!!

My clinic never said anything about limiting red meat. I know about the tuna and salmon once a week. Before IP I did not eat alot of red meat. I will start eating more chicken and fish/seafood

My endo is trying to get me off some meds to see if this is the cause before we start messing with the IP diet. My sugar is great since being on the diet. A1c is almost normal at 5.8!! Before the diet it was 6.7.

I will be DEVASTATED if I have to quit IP. It is the only thing I have known for like 6 months and it works for me. I will keep u all posted. I am going in on Wed for more blood to eliminate other problems like hepatitis - which I dont think I have. As of now I have no symptoms of anything or pain.

So a friendly message to everyone - if you have not had blood work in a while since being on IP I recommend getting some basics done like thyroid, liver, kidney, and cholesterol (mine went up since being on IP as well).

Slipfree
03-03-2014, 07:26 PM
OMG! Kawaii had moved to Twoderville! :woohoo: :yay: :bravo: :cheer: :woohoo:

Slipfree
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Hi,

Just woke up. Pretty sure it is a migraine, not a bug. Have to figure something out for dinner and I am not the least bit hungry. Going to look, on the bright side, at least I am not getting sick.

stephascope
03-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Lucci - hope your test results come back negative for the fatty liver. I have my yearly physical in a few weeks and plan to get bloodwork done to check all the stats too. My clinic has never told me to limit red meat to twice a week either but I tend to only have it about 2x a week anyway because I like to mix it up. Chicken 2x, Pork 1x, Fish 2x, Beef 2x.

Kawaii - CONGRATS ON TWODERVILLE!!! All that walking def payed off! Wow!

Slip - Sorry you're not feeling well today :( Hopefully you can have a good sleep tonight and wake up good as new tomorrow.

Wine4me
03-04-2014, 03:07 AM
Hi Ladies, I am back. Went on an impromptu road trip. Drove 12 hours in a day. I brought a cooler full of food, and stuck to the program. I am still finding it so slow. 3 more pounds to goal. I am having trouble with the big "C". Have not gone #2 in 5 days. What raw veggies help with this. I do not want to bee taking pills and stuff for ever, would like to deal with it naturally. I already get all my water in?

Everyone seems to be doing well, awesome! I can't believe its been 6 months now, wow!

want2bskinnyagain
03-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Scottysgirl: Congrats on getting to onderland! That is a huge accomplishment.

Lucci: When I started IP in Oct I started on P2, I don't live any where near a clinic. I have lost all my weight strictly by doing P2. So if the Dr won't let you do P1 anymore why not try P2? Don't get discouraged, one day at a time.

Slip: How are you feeling today?

Wine4me: I love road trips, great job planning ahead and staying on track. I have problems with the C as well. I have read on here that a tea called "Smooth Move" works well but I haven't tried it.

So my meds for my blood pressure that my Dr cut back on are water pills, so now I am retaining water, so WI tomorrow may not be as good as I was hoping. I am sure my body will figure itself out.

LUCCILOVE
03-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Hey gang---finally got my WI. Lost 2lbs. So excited. Went to do more blood work and saw my endo. So we will see. Trying to be positive. Switched my wi date and times and my coach. I think it is time to switch things up. I will now Wi on thur at 9am. I also now have a male coach who was actually on ip and lost 50 lbs. My female coach was never on ip. So time for a new start.

Slipfree
03-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone,

Luccilove, my fingers and toes are crossed for you. Hope all the tests come out well. Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!

Want2be, you have such a great attitude. Still have the headache, but made it through the school day. C is a constant issue for me :(. And I feel your stress about retaining water!

Wine4me, try a cup of hot coffee after eating your dinner and veggies.

Steph, seems to me that the clinics often leave out info.

dlr9774
03-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Great news to report: deposited 4 lbs today at my weigh in. Stuck to IP 100% and did my 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill daily and I lost 4lbs.

Got some of the new unrestricted crisps today- BBQ and Salt and vinegar. I got the last two bags of each so I hope my clinic can reorder and keep them coming, all the IP members want them.

dlr9774
03-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Congratulations Kawaii and Scottysgirl! You keep up your momentum to reach your goals. I am happy to advertise I lost this week 4lbs!

Slipfree
03-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Excellent Weigh in Dlr! :yay: Enjoy the crisps!

RPB
03-04-2014, 09:10 PM
I am new to the boards and forums. Can some one tell me what "onederland" is? Thanks!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-04-2014, 09:15 PM
I am new to the boards and forums. Can some one tell me what "onederland" is? Thanks!

Congrats, you never left! It's when your weight starts with a "1."

Slipfree
03-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Good morning,

Middle of the week, yay! Hope all of you have a great OP day. Stay strong and stay warm.

Kawaii1002
03-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone!!!! Hope we rock today with a 100% OP day!!

want2bskinnyagain
03-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Lucci: Great WI! I think changing things up is a good idea, he may have better advice for you.

dlr: Nice job on the 4lbs! That is awesome!

Slip and Kawaii: You guys ar so postivie this morning, I need it today!

I am up 1lb this morning, still retaining water. A little frustrating to be up this week. I am sticking with what I have done to get the last 55lbs off so I am sure it will work again. I am not dwelling on the 1lb, just blaming it on the meds. LOL. Have a great day everyone!

Slipfree
03-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Want2b- stay strong! I so feel for you about water retention. Wish I understood why it happens to some of us (my ankles are still holding water). Just stick to what you are doing, the program will work-even with the water retention, but ooh, it is frustrating!

My head and stomach are still not right. Made it through the school day, but am now in my pjs in bed. Added to the blech feeling, I do not eat meat on Ash Wed., so I have to eat eggs tonight. Stomach is just not up for the shrimp that I thawed. Eggs do not appeal much either, but I will make myself eat them to stay OP.

LUCCILOVE
03-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Slipfree-feel better. Get some rest.

Wine4me
03-06-2014, 02:42 AM
First weight in on Phase 2 and I STS. Lots of stress in my life right now, so I feel ok about it. My pulled hamstring still is very painful so exercise is limited :( I really hope to have a small loss this week, as I have only lost .8 in the last three weeks. My body is really holding on to every little ounce.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

want2bskinnyagain
03-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Slip: How are you feeing today?

Wine4me: Good luck on the WI? How are you finding P2? Sorry about the stress right now, hope it gets better.

Well the scale was up a little again this morning, even thou my hands were not as swollen as yesterday. Grrrr, water retention I dislike you!! Still exercising and eating on plan, I am not giving up. I have come to far to give up now. Good thing I am a stubborn person and will not let this bump in the road beat me. LOL Hope everyone has a great IP day.

Jig
03-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Well we all know how much our weight can fluctuate throughout the day, but for several mornings in a row now I've seen that sweet little two at the front of my weight instead of the 3. Pretty cool feeling. My clinic is in a doctor's office so they don't really have a place to strip down for weigh ins so I weigh with my clothes/boots on. My weigh in numbers are generally about 5 lbs more than my actual weight. I'm excited for when my actual weigh in weight is down in the two's but frankly I'm calling it a victory!

LUCCILOVE
03-06-2014, 01:06 PM
JIG-When is your next WI? That is great.Keep us posted. GOOD LUCK

I go to WI with the same exact clothes everytime - the clinic laughs at me but I dont care. I told them even when I become a size 0 (which I wont) I will always wear this outfit. It is pretty big on me now. I take off my shoes to get weighed in. My clinic also does not have the Fat reader. All measurements are done manually so if I have someone different my measurements can be off.

Slipfree I hope u are feeling better

Jig
03-06-2014, 01:23 PM
I weigh in on Friday mornings!

Slipfree
03-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Jig, congrats on Twoderville!

Want2b, keep up the good work and strong spirit.

Still not feeling great. Have resorted to my prescription headache medicine. I keep telling myself it is because there is going to be a huge shift in the weather. May be wishful thinking, lol. Oh well, survived the school day and tomorrow is Friday!

stephascope
03-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Congrats on all the good weigh ins this week.

I've been a bit quiet the past few days. It seems that for the first time since starting IP on Oct 20, TOM is messing with the scale. Not happy about it at all but I guess I was lucky up til this point. I've heard so many other women complain of it affecting their progress. Hoping for a miracle at my WI tomorrow but not expecting much :(

Slipfree
03-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Sorry Steph. Try not to let it get to you. The scale is just a scale. You really are losing, it is just water. This is a long journey and you are getting the job done.

Kawaii1002
03-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Well we all know how much our weight can fluctuate throughout the day, but for several mornings in a row now I've seen that sweet little two at the front of my weight instead of the 3. Pretty cool feeling. My clinic is in a doctor's office so they don't really have a place to strip down for weigh ins so I weigh with my clothes/boots on. My weigh in numbers are generally about 5 lbs more than my actual weight. I'm excited for when my actual weigh in weight is down in the two's but frankly I'm calling it a victory!

JIG!!!!!!!! WAHHHOOOO!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: SUPER Awesome buddy!!!!!! That's GREAT!!!

Believe me.. I think I'm still a little bit in shock.. my ##'s are in the 2's as well.. and seriously, I look at it and blink.. I've seen it at every number from 6 all the way down, but the last time I saw 2 anything was 25 years ago... I was in middle school..

So proud of you my friend. You've got this. I know you've struggled on and off, but you CAN do it!!!

Kawaii1002
03-06-2014, 11:11 PM
So I had my WI today... down 4.2lbs! Soooo I'm *officially* in the 2's!!!! missed the 100lb goal by 1.2lbs, which was funny because my coach says to me "How about we go for a run/walk, we'll burn off the extra calories and you can get your 100 today! Made me laugh, he's my favorite coach to begin with, but that just made me smile a little bit more..

Other changes, I went down another point in visceral fat, bringing it down to a 16 (only 4 points till I'm at a healthy level). I started at *25*. Body Fat% line has ALWAYS been red across the entire line graph. Today, I saw yellow at the far left of the graph.. THOSE things made me tear up... those are marker signs that I'm getting my health back.

Oh.. and thanks to my coach and the trainer I talked to at the gym, they've talked me into a healthy goal weight of 160, which means I have LESS than 150lbs to lose to reach goal!

Slipfree
03-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Kawaii, See, I thought that was a much healthier goal weight. What a great day for you!

Wine4me
03-07-2014, 01:10 AM
You guys are doing so awesome with the great losses!!

want2bskinnyagain
03-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Jig: Good luck at your WI!

Steph: Keep the faith, TOM will go away and the scale will continue in the right direction.

Slip: "The scale is just a scale". Love that, I may need to remind myself of that the next couple of days.

Kawaii: You are doing so well and so close to another 100, next week, you got this.

Kawaii1002
03-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Kawaii, See, I thought that was a much healthier goal weight. What a great day for you!

Slip,

I should have listened! Going back to dr's for the first time since starting IP, going to tell my dr to stuff 135 in her roller skate (she does roller derby for fitness and fun).

I've been worried about you girlie! Here's to hoping you feel better. I'd love to get together again soon!

Kawaii1002
03-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Steph,
I can completely relate. Two weeks being on IP I've had gains (.2 and .4) and both were water weight. Both following weeks I had woosh weeks the following week to make up for it. But remember the scale does not define you or your self worth. That is entirely unmeasurable and internal to you.. If you need to, tell the scale to "Fudge" off. *hugs*

Hawaii69
03-07-2014, 10:48 AM
So I had my WI today... down 4.2lbs! Soooo I'm *officially* in the 2's!!!! missed the 100lb goal by 1.2lbs, which was funny because my coach says to me "How about we go for a run/walk, we'll burn off the extra calories and you can get your 100 today! Made me laugh, he's my favorite coach to begin with, but that just made me smile a little bit more..

Other changes, I went down another point in visceral fat, bringing it down to a 16 (only 4 points till I'm at a healthy level). I started at *25*. Body Fat% line has ALWAYS been red across the entire line graph. Today, I saw yellow at the far left of the graph.. THOSE things made me tear up... those are marker signs that I'm getting my health back.

Oh.. and thanks to my coach and the trainer I talked to at the gym, they've talked me into a healthy goal weight of 160, which means I have LESS than 150lbs to lose to reach goal!

Kawaii; This just made my week! That is amazing! You are so inspiring and it makes me want to keep going and continue to work hard, not just to lose the last couple of lbs but to maintain. And I love your title, Kawaii, makes me think of Hawaii which is one of my favourite places in the world, bet you couldn't tell by my title hey? Lol!

LUCCILOVE
03-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Got new blood work back. Liver enzymes are still high but going down so I am little relieved. In 2 weeks I go get them retested and we will see if it is ip diet or meds they took me off. Dr said if it is ip they will have modify it or I get off of it for a bit. We will see. They did contact ip headquarters and did say this can happen. Ketosis is hard on the liver.

Happy Friday.

wantanewme
03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
hello friends!
you're all doing so amazingly well! i'm really proud of everyone.
i just contacted my coach to see if i can start ip again. i hope she writes me back. i've been mia for so long. but i explained to her about my husband's health issues and apologized so hopefully she will get back to me.
i arrived back at the conclusion that ip is the only diet that has ever worked for me and if i apply myself for a good 2 months i can get to my goal. wish me luck!!
have a great day everyone :) and keep up the excellent work.

Jig
03-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Well I weighed myself this morning at 298 but at my weigh-in with my boots/clothes on I weighed 300.8. I'm still calling it though. I'm in the 2's haha. Down 3.4 lbs this week! Nice to see that I've worked myself back into staying on schedule. I'm going to really try and focus this week and go for a big weight loss to firmly plant myself in the 2's.

Awesome job Kawaii! I can't imagine all the hard work you've put in!

Kawaii1002
03-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Kawaii; This just made my week! That is amazing! You are so inspiring and it makes me want to keep going and continue to work hard, not just to lose the last couple of lbs but to maintain. And I love your title, Kawaii, makes me think of Hawaii which is one of my favourite places in the world, bet you couldn't tell by my title hey? Lol!

Hawaii,
lol.. typed Kawaii twice before my fingers got the hint that I wanted Hawaii! The word Kawaii means "cute" in japanese. It's what my husband called me when we started dating and the nickname sort of stuck. :)

Kawaii1002
03-07-2014, 03:55 PM
hello friends!
you're all doing so amazingly well! i'm really proud of everyone.
i just contacted my coach to see if i can start ip again. i hope she writes me back. i've been mia for so long. but i explained to her about my husband's health issues and apologized so hopefully she will get back to me.
i arrived back at the conclusion that ip is the only diet that has ever worked for me and if i apply myself for a good 2 months i can get to my goal. wish me luck!!
have a great day everyone :) and keep up the excellent work.

Wantanewme,
Welcome back!!! Nothing that you have to apologize for! Through thick and thin, we Oct newbs stick together. So you needed some time to deal with health concerns, but you're back.. hey at least you made the decision to come back!

Here's to a healthier, happier new year for you. :hug:

Kawaii1002
03-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Well I weighed myself this morning at 298 but at my weigh-in with my boots/clothes on I weighed 300.8. I'm still calling it though. I'm in the 2's haha. Down 3.4 lbs this week! Nice to see that I've worked myself back into staying on schedule. I'm going to really try and focus this week and go for a big weight loss to firmly plant myself in the 2's.

Awesome job Kawaii! I can't imagine all the hard work you've put in!

Jig,

Hahahahaha... that's what *I* weighed in at last week during my WI.... talk about hey... can I just take my shirt off for WI?!? Pretty Please??? lol... so should have worn the lightest pair of yoga pants I have. You're gonna blow it out of the water bud, I just know it!

EDIT: Wait, you WI with your boots on??? Does your center not do BCA?

Kawaii1002
03-07-2014, 04:04 PM
I went to a homeopathic Dr yesterday and got an all natural remedy for the big C that I've been struggling with. He told me that losing weight so quickly definitely puts strain on the liver (just like Lucci has been experiencing) and that can cause some back up on the digestive system. Took two capsules before bed last night, and wow... Do I feel better! Wasn't harsh, and isn't stimulant, so I was very happy!!!

Weighed myself afterwards, and I was 291.6.. talk about a difference! 5lbs!!! (which in and of itself totally just grossed me out)

Jig
03-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Jig,
EDIT: Wait, you WI with your boots on??? Does your center not do BCA?

If by BCA you mean the little machine that you hold out in front of you that measures lean muscle mass, body fat and hydration level> I've only done it a couple times since I started. My center charges like $10 a month for it so I rarely do it. She lets me do a free one like once a month or so. But I've never done it with my shoes off, does that matter?

I know its kind of silly to weigh in with boots and all my cloths on but their scale is right in the middle of the hallway so can't really strip down and I weighed in the first time with my boots on so just trying to stay consistent.

Slipfree
03-07-2014, 05:57 PM
I went to a homeopathic Dr yesterday and got an all natural remedy for the big C that I've been struggling with. He told me that losing weight so quickly definitely puts strain on the liver (just like Lucci has been experiencing) and that can cause some back up on the digestive system. Took two capsules before bed last night, and wow... Do I feel better! Wasn't harsh, and isn't stimulant, so I was very happy!!!

Weighed myself afterwards, and I was 291.6.. talk about a difference! 5lbs!!! (which in and of itself totally just grossed me out)

What is this stuff called and where can I get it? Sick of being backed up!

Slipfree
03-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Luccilove, glad the levels are going back down. Fingers are still crossed that things continue to improve.

stephascope
03-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Hey buddies. Just got back from WI. Down 0.6 lbs, 0.61% body fat, and 1 inch. I'll take it. TOM was tough on the results this week but symptoms were actually better than they ever have been so that's something. Told my coach about Vegas next week and she wants me to start Ph3 on Sunday so I don't have problems eating/drinking some fun things while I'm there. She also would like me to do another week of Ph3 after I return to see how I feel about my current weight. She said that I may gain a few lbs on Ph3 but will still burn body fat. What do you guys think?

Jig - take those freakin' boots off when you weigh in! lol I take off my belt, earrings, wedding ring - anything to get that scale lower!

wantanewme - welcome back!

Lucci - glad to hear the liver enzyme numbers are down. I was told once a few years back that I had low liver enzymes. They didn't bother to explain so I guess it was nothing!

Kawaii and Slipfree - sorry to hear you are dealing with the big C. Taking 1/2 tsp of Calm every night seems to help me. I have been very regular with the exception of this morning which was upsetting since it was WI day. Boo for TOM.

Slipfree
03-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Steph, I think you have to decide based on how you are feeling in your body. I think phasing off is important. If you are on phase 3, maybe you can indulge without going crazy?

Lots of pressure from people for me to stop losing this week. I have decided to ignore all of them. It is none of their business. Part of me does not understand why they think it is? I have been pretty pale this week because of this bug, and they think it has something to do with IP. NOT!

Hiker88
03-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Lots of pressure from people for me to stop losing this week. I have decided to ignore all of them. It is none of their business. Part of me does not understand why they think it is? I have been pretty pale this week because of this bug, and they think it has something to do with IP. NOT!

I have had people who thought my flu was because of my weight loss... of course the circle under my eyes get dark at times... I think its probably all the soy in the packets but I'll take that for awhile in order to get this weight off!

Some people have never seen me thinner so they don't think I should lose any more... I tell them they've never seen me naked and there's plenty more for me to lose! LOL!

Kawaii1002
03-07-2014, 11:50 PM
What is this stuff called and where can I get it? Sick of being backed up!

Not sure if you can get it outside of the office (it is a homeopathic remedy, and while it doesn't require a prescription, not sure of it's availability.

Company name is Energetix. Product is Colon Clear. Todd (the homeopath) told me that he recommends that you take 1 to 2 capsules for the first week, then 1 capsule every day as needed to keep you regular until you finish out that bottle (90 capsules). By then, you should have sufficiently detoxed your body and you wouldn't need to continue taking it.

Additionally, he did say that if after the first week you're feeling better, you can just go to an as needed basis.

Slipfree
03-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Kawaii,

Found it and purchased it. Thank you for the information!

KookySuki
03-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA for a little bit. I was/am going through some medication changes that make me feel crappy. I'm still doing IP, even though I had a slip last weekend due to feeling like crap and eating off plan. My WI on Weds was up, but I've gotten back down to what I was pre-slip, so that's good.

Congrats everyone on your losses this week! Kawaii and Jig- belayed congrats on getting to Twodervile!

Lucci- I'm glad your liver enzymes are coming down. I hope they continue to improve.

Steph- I would try P3. When you get back from your trip, you could always hop back on P1 to lose anything you gain in Vegas. The one time I went to Vegas, I actually lost weight from all of the walking since the casinos are huge, we walked far down the strip and back, and I spent a long time one day at the mall which involved a lot of walking.

Slipfree- I hope you're feeling better and have a good WI this morning! I'm sure I don't have to tell you to ignore the people who tell you to stop losing weight, but do...this about you, not them. It's annoying and sometimes creepy nonetheless when people make inappropriate comments like that. I always feel a little violated by those comments when I feel like someone has really been assessing my body.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll do a better job of staying in touch.

LUCCILOVE
03-08-2014, 10:43 AM
KookySuki - glad to see you are back!!! We have missed you.

Finally warm weather and sun here in DC should be in the 60s!!! We need it!

KookySuki
03-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks Lucci- Glad you're finally getting some warm, sunny weather! Any plans this weekend to get out and enjoy it? I'm sure your cute little pup in the picture will be excited not to have a freeze and walk through snow and slush.

LUCCILOVE
03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
You are correct. My dog will go to doggie daycare and play outside all day with his pals. He loves to be outside and he needs the exercise. Hubby and I will do some errands as I have my brother and cousins coming Thur - they are doing a 1/2 marathon here and then we will all hang out it for the weekend. It will be fun!

Tom. we search for houses-we need to leave our rental by this Oct. So we are trying to figure out what areas we like or what is close to my husband's work. Traffic is killer here and the prices are so over priced it is terrible. So we want to scan the areas first.

KookySuki
03-08-2014, 11:24 AM
You are correct. My dog will go to doggie daycare and play outside all day with his pals. He loves to be outside and he needs the exercise. Hubby and I will do some errands as I have my brother and cousins coming Thur - they are doing a 1/2 marathon here and then we will all hang out it for the weekend. It will be fun!

Tom. we search for houses-we need to leave our rental by this Oct. So we are trying to figure out what areas we like or what is close to my husband's work. Traffic is killer here and the prices are so over priced it is terrible. So we want to scan the areas first.

At least the weather will be nice while you run your errands and I'm sure your dog will have fun at doggy daycare. My parents' dog loves it and comes back exhausted every time.

I hope you find a nice place to live tomorrow. I watched an episode of House a Hunters and couldn't believe how expensive the houses are in the DC area...wow! It's kind of like where I live (Monterey, CA). Both renting and buying are super expensive. Right now I'm doing the lesser of the two evils and renting. :)

Slipfree
03-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Back from weigh in, 177! 9.6 since my last WI at the clinic. Have lost almost 40 inches. Coach was interesting today, said that I am perfectly hydrated and was impressed by this stat. He said that I am down 14 pounds in water since the beginning and this definitely shows that I am insulin resistant. Can anyone explain this correlation to me?

Luccilove: it is 51 here and that feels balmy! Good luck on the house search. You marathon weekend sounds fun.

Kooky: love seeing you here

Kawaii, let's schedule coffee.

Want2b- how are you hanging in?

Wantanewme, has the coach responded?

Wine4me- is the scale being nice to you?

Jig, happy weekend! Any new recipes? Have you tried the new choc. Mint bars?

stephascope
03-08-2014, 03:46 PM
WTG Slipfree!!!

Pretty excited to have a phase 3 breakfast tomorrow but is it ever confusing. Went grocery shopping last night and it took forever to choose a few items - having to read every label and keep referring to my phase 3 sheet.

Slipfree
03-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Steph- Check out the weekend chat for a link for Phase 3.

KookySuki
03-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Congratulations on the WI Slipfree!! I think you need blood work to determine whether you are insulin resistant. I really don't think losing water weight can be used to diagnose insulin resistance.

Slipfree
03-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Kooky, I have had blood work done and my levels were off but not enough to be PCOS. I should have asked the coach for clarification, but my head hurt and I wanted my coffee :D. I just did not know why water retention would be an indicator.

So I have been sitting here thinking, I am two pounds from my original goal. I can not believe it. I am down 73 pounds from my highest weight at the beginning of last summer. I really can not believe it. I am amazed and to be honest stunned. Kawaii and I were talking about whether we can really see the difference in ourselves, I do not think that I can yet. Oh, I am aware of the clothing sizes and the fact that clothes fit and people commenting. But I am not sure that I see myself . I think before, I was afraid to get excited about making goal (now 160) but I can feel the excitement building inside myself- like YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO DO THIS! Are any of you, having these feelings?

stephascope
03-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Steph- Check out the weekend chat for a link for Phase 3.

Been looking at that Phase 3 thread for days. Doesn't really help. Every grocery store carries different products and you have to check labels and do the math anyways. Ugh! Phase 1/2 is so easy to follow. My coach says if you can do Phase 3, maintenance will be a piece of cake. It's really frustrating to see how much added sugar there is in so many of the products that are for sale - especially the ones that are branded as healthy. No wonder obesity is such a big problem! :mad:

LUCCILOVE
03-08-2014, 05:30 PM
I have diabetes 2, PCOS, and insulin resistance. I mean I have a lot of trouble losing weight. It is very hard. Carbs are my enemy

Slipfree
03-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Luccilove, do you have any idea of the correlation between the water retention and insulin resistance?

stephascope
03-08-2014, 06:24 PM
So I have been sitting here thinking, I am two pounds from my original goal. I can not believe it. I am down 73 pounds from my highest weight at the beginning of last summer. I really can not believe it. I am amazed and to be honest stunned. Kawaii and I were talking about whether we can really see the difference in ourselves, I do not think that I can yet. Oh, I am aware of the clothing sizes and the fact that clothes fit and people commenting. But I am not sure that I see myself . I think before, I was afraid to get excited about making goal (now 160) but I can feel the excitement building inside myself- like YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO DO THIS! Are any of you, having these feelings?

You bet I am! Some days I can SEE and FEEL the difference and other days I feel like I'm still carrying those extra lbs. In social situations I sometimes still feel like the fat chick. I am now down to the weight I was when I got married 8 years ago. I felt pretty good at that weight at that time and am impressed that I am back at it but it still doesn't seem like enough. Maybe it never will be? I am now at the point where I would like to start working out to get my body looking more fit. I've been watching old seasons of The Biggest Loser to motivate me! Thinking of buying a trainer for my road bike to start getting ready for cycle season.

want2bskinnyagain
03-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Lucci: Good news on the liver enzymes. Hope they keep going down. Good luck house hunting.

wantanewme: You can do this, 2 months is nothing compared to the rest of your life.

Jig: Yah!!! Great job getting to the 2's!!!

Steph: Can you not do a couple of weeks of P3 and see where you are and if you are not happy go back to P1 for a while?

Slip: Sorry you are having people bug you about losing too much. I have had 2 people in one week tell me that! LOL I just laugh because I am 40lbs away from being in the normal BMI. Not sure that I will go that low but I want another 30lbs gone for sure. I think we have to be happy with ourselves and it is our own personal journey. But Congrats on the WI!!! 177 is awesome! I am right behind you! LOL

Kawaii: Thanks for the info I will keep my eyes open for the Colon Clear.

Kooky: Glad you are back and on track!!!

I totally feel the same way Slip. I see and feel a difference in my body, I know my clothes sizes are coming down and my stomach has lost tons of inches but I still see myself as a big girl. I was thinking that I was feeling like that because I still have another 30-40lbs to go. Maybe it is our mindsets and that will have to change too. I was heavy as a teenager and slimmed down a couple of times since then but most of my life I have been obese. I think it has taken a while for our eating habits to change, why not our minds? I think this is a learning process, maybe once we have maintained for a year or so we will see ourselves as a "normal" weight.

wantanewme
03-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Slip free, awesome job! You're so inspiring. Yes, she wrote me back yesterday afternoon and said she's happy to have me back! The office was already closed so I will call first thing monday and try to get in ASAP. Actually very excited to start again :)

wantanewme
03-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Want2beskinny, you're so right. I can do this!

Lucci, I have PCOS too. Was diagnosed about 9 years ago. Carbs ate definitely my enemy. The only times I've lost weight have been when I've been on low carb diets. Our definitely definitively matabolize carbs differently. Glad your lover enzymes are retuning to normal. All the best to you :)

Slipfree
03-09-2014, 12:42 AM
So, I did not have anything off program, but I did not get all of my food in today. Was celebrating a family member's birthday at a restaurant in New Haven. There were no vegetables that we could have on the menu. I ordered my tuna on a bed of field greens, and it came on a half a cup of ice berg. They had no veg. on their salads except beets. Not an easy restaurant, but the company was good, sometimes it is not about us. I just got home, my headache is crashing, there is no way that I can eat 3 cups of veggies at almost 12:00 am. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

stephascope
03-09-2014, 01:39 AM
[QUOTE=want2bskinnyagain;4959427]
Steph: Can you not do a couple of weeks of P3 and see where you are and if you are not happy go back to P1 for a while?
QUOTE]

Hi want2bskinnyagain, that is the plan for now. I will return to Phase 1 March 25. I gave myself a deadline to be finished Phase 1 by April 18 so I could be fully phased off for maintenance starting May 16 which is a mother/daughter weekend trip to see Wayne Dyer in Vancouver. I may not be where I hoped I would by that time but I think I need to stick to this deadline and learn how to maintain the 40+ lb loss. If I want to lose another 5-10 lbs or just start looking leaner/fitter I will start incorporating exercise.

LUCCILOVE
03-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Slipfree -- I did that once too not eating all my veggies and I survived! I also once had to eat 4 cups at dinner - I dont recommend that plan either!

I was told by a coach that the veggies are really just the fiber and filler so you go to the bathroom. Not sure if this is true.

LUCCILOVE
03-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Made this last night. Saw it on the Talk it was pretty good and super easy to make. Any white fish would probably work

Baked Halibut with wild oregano, olive oil and lemon

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 halibut fillets

2 tablespoons olive oil

½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Juice of 1 lemon

2 paper thin slices of lemon, cut in half

½ teaspoon wild oregano (or ¾ teaspoon of regular oregano)

Scant teaspoon salt

Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Pat the fish fillets to remove any excess moisture. Sprinkle the fillets with the salt and some freshly ground pepper. Place the fillets on the baking sheet.

In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, whisk in the olive oil and the oregano. Pour the lemon and herb mixture over the fish fillets. Place a half slice of lemon on top of each fillet. Bake the fillets in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through and opaque.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/topics/show/1002065

KookySuki
03-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Kooky, I have had blood work done and my levels were off but not enough to be PCOS. I should have asked the coach for clarification, but my head hurt and I wanted my coffee :D. I just did not know why water retention would be an indicator.

If your blood work was only a little bit off and the doctor wasn't concerned, I would think you might just be a little insulin resistant. I would get your blood rechecked in a few months after you've stabilized at your goal weight. I bet it will come back normally. Mine has improved since losing weight and my doctor us going to check it again when I get closer to or say goal. I still have no idea why what it would have to do with water retention. I thought insulin resistance caused your body to store and retain more fat.

Losing 73 lbs is really incredible and it is super exciting how close to goal you are. You are going to hit your goal and you deserve to be excited about it. I get excited every time another 10 lbs are gone. :)

Slipfree
03-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

I have been up since 7:30. On a Sunday, WHY?

Luccilove, thanks for the support and the recipe. I can not eat meat on Fridays during Lent and I struggle to come up with fish recipes that I like.

Kooky, i will ask the coach for clarification next time I see him. How was your day out in Carmel?

Steph and Want2be, nice to know that I am not the only one contemplating self image. I do think that our mindset has to change. Working on that! :)

Wantanewme, so glad the coach said yes!

LUCCILOVE
03-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Slipfree-I was up at 3:30am on Sat could not sleep so I was on the computer then crashed big time - me not the computer ahhaah and went back to bed did not get up until 9am on Sat. I hate when I do that ruins me and the day.

I am off to do some food shopping. Trying to eat more fish and chicken. Anyone have great recipes for these please post-I find it very helpful.

For insulin resistance I never heard that it makes u retain water-it retains your fat thus is makes it hard to loose weight I think especially in the belly.

Self image--I look at myself and I do not think I have lost the 49lbs I lost. But I sent a photo to my parents and Aunt and they could not believe I looked so different. I just dont see it. I know my clothes are super big but I feel I just look less bloated or I look deflated if that makes any sense? I still see my flab and big stomach etc. On the flip I can feel parts of my body a bit more easier - IE my ribs, hips, neck area.

Steph-Very excited for you about trying P3-let us know what you think about it and how is it different for you. Any pros and cons on it? Curious.

Slipfree
03-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Luccilove, I baste chicken in Dijon mustard, sprinkle on tarragon and cook in a crock dish for 20 minutes. Or baste with Dijon, sprinkle with roasted garlic and dried shallots for a more savory taste. Serve with Boston lettuce and cucumbers. Homemade dressing: lemon, Dijon, Evoo, cider vinegar and fresh chopped shallots. I should go grocery shopping, but I want to stay in my jammies :D

KookySuki
03-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Slipfree- I didn't end up going because of my migraine and TOM started with bad cramps. We rescheduled for next weekend. Good job btw on staying OP at a restaurant without many IP options.

I wish birth control pills didn't cause so much weight gain (and other issues), or I would go on them to make TOM more manageable or skip it altogether. I'm sitting here with my heating pad right now waiting for the Advil to kick in. : (

Lucci- I agree with you on the insulin resistance and I can testify as someone who is insulin resistant (but not diagnosed as having PCOS) that my stomach is where I store most of my fat.

Here is an interesting link to a TV segment on insulin resistance, sugar, and obesity. It really explains why it's so difficult to lose weight eating sugar and carbs.

http://www.uctv.tv/shows/The-Complete-Skinny-on-Obesity-25717

LUCCILOVE
03-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Kooky-u are right and I take birth control - the pill since high school because of my PCOS. It helps with my TOM - it makes me get it regularly and it is not so intense. One time I took a break from being on it in my 30s and TOM was very bad-heavy and painful. (Sorry dont mean to be gross). Birth control also helps PCOS from hair growth (hirtsium) and allows me to get more estrogen. On the flip my drs said birth control might be causing my liver enzymes to be high but I will go off of this as a VERY last resort.

Slipfree-thanks for the recipe stuff.

Off to food shop and look at some houses. We drove by some houses yesterday-nothing we liked.

Have a good day everyone - enjoy your Sunday!!!

JIG-take off your boots/shoes for WI!!! OY!

KookySuki
03-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Kooky-u are right and I take birth control - the pill since high school because of my PCOS. It helps with my TOM - it makes me get it regularly and it is not so intense. One time I took a break from being on it in my 30s and TOM was very bad-heavy and painful. (Sorry dont mean to be gross). Birth control also helps PCOS from hair growth (hirtsium) and allows me to get more estrogen. On the flip my drs said birth control might be causing my liver enzymes to be high but I will go off of this as a VERY last resort.

Slipfree-thanks for the recipe stuff.

Off to food shop and look at some houses. We drove by some houses yesterday-nothing we liked.

Have a good day everyone - enjoy your Sunday!!!

JIG-take off your boots/shoes for WI!!! OY!

You're not being gross...mine has gotten that way some months and it's terrible. I'm lucky that it usually comes on the weekend, so that I can deal with it at home rather than struggling at work. I hope it works out that you can stay on the pill because it sounds like it really helps you.

Hope you have a great day and have better luck house hunting!

want2bskinnyagain
03-09-2014, 02:44 PM
A few years ago I was told I was "borderline" PCOS, and most of my weight is in the stomach area, I also have some of the other symptoms as well. From what I have read, I am beginning to think I am insulin resistant. Hmm, interesting.

Slip: I think staying on plan in a restaurant that didn't have much you could eat is a NVS. I know you didn't get your veggies in but you also didn't order something you couldn't eat instead. Good job.

Glad we are all so chatty this weekend!!;)

stephascope
03-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Good morning friends! Phase 3 breakfast rocks! It is sooo much food. Felt pretty full and now it's time to eat lunch. Not hungry yet but I have to eat now as I have a pedicure apt in an hour. I might just eat half and save for later if I'm hungry? This is what I had for breakfast:

1 piece of toast w/ 1 tsp butter
2 pieces of back bacon
3/4 C greek yogurt
1 pear

I could have had a hard boiled egg as well according to my Phase 3 sheet but I had enough protein w/ the back bacon and yogurt and it was so much food I don't think I could have fit the egg. I'm a little nervous as to how this will affect the scale but I'm just going to stick to it and see what happens. I have a lot of energy and am feeling really good right now. Hope I don't have a crazy blood sugar crash later!

Have a great day everyone. The sun is shining here. 10 degress Celsius. Spring has sprung. Lots of walking with the dog today :D

Slipfree
03-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Best news ever- my friend that needed a kidney desperately found a match. I am so relieved!

Steph- breakfast sounds good.

LUCCILOVE
03-09-2014, 08:59 PM
slipfree-great news with your friend and the kidney My dad had a kidney transplant 5 yrs ago. He is still kicking!!! He didnt even know he was sick - no disease or anything. He was obese, didnt take care of himself eating wise and high blood pressure. It basically killed his kidneys!! So this is a huge reason I wanted to lose weight - dialysis is one of the worst things I have ever seen-I didnt want to end up like him.

Had a great dinner at a Hibatchi restaurants - lots of shrimp, scallops, lobster and veggies

Hiker88
03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Had a great dinner at a Hibatchi restaurants - lots of shrimp, scallops, lobster and veggies

Awweee... seafood! sounds scrumptious!

LUCCILOVE
03-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Hikker88--I love seeing your dog it looks like he is looking at me. It is cute. I am trying to make a better effort to eat seafood and chicken. So far so good.

Did you start IP in Oct? If so you lost alot of weight in a short time. That is amazing!!! Derr just saw you started in Sept - still amazing weight loss. Keep it up!!! That is so great

Hiker88
03-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Hikker88--I love seeing your dog it looks like he is looking at me. It is cute. I am trying to make a better effort to eat seafood and chicken. So far so good.

Did you start IP in Oct? If so you lost alot of weight in a short time. That is amazing!!! Derr just saw you started in Sept - still amazing weight loss. Keep it up!!! That is so great

LOL, the September starters didn't have a thread so I kind of adopted you all!

KookySuki
03-09-2014, 10:56 PM
slipfree-great news with your friend and the kidney My dad had a kidney transplant 5 yrs ago. He is still kicking!!! He didnt even know he was sick - no disease or anything. He was obese, didnt take care of himself eating wise and high blood pressure. It basically killed his kidneys!! So this is a huge reason I wanted to lose weight - dialysis is one of the worst things I have ever seen-I didnt want to end up like him.

Slipfree- that's great news about your friend!

Lucci- I'm glad your dad was able to get a new kidney. I worry about my parents because they are both diabetic and obese and ding take care of themselves. The same thing could happen to either of them. It's one of my main motivators to get healthy and lose weight before I do any damage to my body.

stephascope
03-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Slip - awesome news about your friends liver. We have a dear friend who passed away from liver disease a few years ago. Hope your friend does well with the transplant!

NSV today. Sort of. I went through all my summer clothes for my Vegas trip and they are all too big. There's a pair of capris that I might be able to shrink in the wash and wear a belt with. I guess I will be buying all new Spring/Summer stuff. It finally hit home today - how much weight I have lost. I put away all that summer stuff totally depressed because it was all too tight. I'll be glad to get rid of it now and start over with new stuff that has good memories :)

Goodnight everyone and have a great week :hug:

want2bskinnyagain
03-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Slipfree: great news for your friend!!

Steph: I know how you feel about the summer clothes. I had to go shopping last weekend for our trip to Hawaii. I had 2 things from last year that still fit. It sucks having to spend all that money but it was fun, and so worth it to see the smaller size on the tags!! Happy shopping!

So the scale was moving downward this morning so maybe the water retnetion is going away, we will see what the official WI says on Wed.

Hiker88
03-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Slipfree: great news for your friend!!

Steph: I know how you feel about the summer clothes. I had to go shopping last weekend for our trip to Hawaii. I had 2 things from last year that still fit. It sucks having to spend all that money but it was fun, and so worth it to see the smaller size on the tags!! Happy shopping!

So the scale was moving downward this morning so maybe the water retnetion is going away, we will see what the official WI says on Wed.

want2b, Its kind of funny how similar our stats are and now we're both going to Hawaii! LOL! Have a wonderful vacation!

Givingitaway
03-10-2014, 01:42 AM
Hi there! I also started in October and posted in the thread some, but haven't checked in for a while. I just wanted to say how awesome everyone is doing!! You have a lot to be proud of!

KookySuki
03-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Hi there! I also started in October and posted in the thread some, but haven't checked in for a while. I just wanted to say how awesome everyone is doing!! You have a lot to be proud of!

Hi! Glad you're joining us! Looks like you've done really well too! I hope you'll enjoy our board. The group is friendly and supportive, as well as motivational. :)

KookySuki
03-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Steph & Want2Be- congratulations on the smaller clothes! It does suck having to spend the money new stuff, but it's definitely more fun. Also, being too small for your skinny clothes is cool too! I had a box of stuff I was going to donate because everything was too small. Now most of the items either fit or are too big, so I'm going to donate them. I'm trying to spend very minimal amounts of money on clothes until I get much closer to goal. The only items I've bought are smaller bras, jeans, and a few shirts/tunics to get me through the next few months.

wantanewme
03-10-2014, 09:41 AM

It looks like you're doing amazing too! Nice to see you :)

Steph, isn't it a great feeling to know you're going to need all new spring and summer clothes? Congrats!

As for me, I meet with my coach tomorrow but I have some food left over so today is my day 1. Very excited to be joining you all again :)

want2bskinnyagain
03-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Hiker88: When and where r u going in Hawaii? We are going to Waikiki on Friday! Can't wait for some sun and heat!

Givingitaway: Looks like you have done well too. Great job.

Here is a Monday quote:
Without struggle there is no progress

Hiker88
03-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Hiker88: When and where r u going in Hawaii? We are going to Waikiki on Friday! Can't wait for some sun and heat!

I'm going to Maui on Thursday! Friends go every year and invited me and my mom to stay as a guest in the condo they rent every year! Couldn't say no to that! I'll be bringing my laptop and will enjoy checking out the forum on the lanai without having to rush out the door to work!

Have a great time.... well deserved this winter I think!

Slipfree
03-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone,

So, the headache broke yesterday after I was sick in the bathroom for an hour. But I am so happy that it is gone!!! Hour after the headache left- bam a head cold. Still do not care- because I feel so much better than last week.

Steph, I am so sorry about your friend :(. My friend is having a kidney transplant. We have been actively searching for over a year and things were getting desperate. He is a wonderful guy.

Welcome back Givingitaway away!

Wantanewme, glad you are back OP.

Want2b and Hiker, I am so jealous of your Hawaii trips. Snow here this morning and more for Wed. Ugh. Hope you both have a blast in that warm sunshine.

I totally understand the summer clothes dilemma. I tried on my goal pants from ages ago and they are huge. None of my summer stuff fits. I am happy, but I also really like some of it . I was looking forward to getting back into some of those clothes.

wantanewme
03-11-2014, 11:00 AM
oh my goodness, has anyone tried the BBQ chips? i just got a sample when i saw my coach today and i find them very very yummy. will definitely get some more next week. i find the chips perfect for scooping up my tuna salad.
i got through my first day back on IP. now onto day 2!
I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Hiker88
03-11-2014, 11:37 AM
oh my goodness, has anyone tried the BBQ chips? i just got a sample when i saw my coach today and i find them very very yummy. will definitely get some more next week. i find the chips perfect for scooping up my tuna salad.
i got through my first day back on IP. now onto day 2!
I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Sometimes I'm tired of drinking all day so the chips are great to much on after supper! Love them.

dlr9774
03-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Just came back (Tuesday March 11) from my weigh in a happy to report I deposited 1.7 lbs. I knew it would be around that, as my twins had a birthday party this week, and I had a piece of cake and pizza. I knew better, I knew there were CARBS, but there were not alternatives to munch on. I felt bad the minute I was doing it, but have decided in the next two months I need to be serious - before summer to be committed to losing another 30lbs. I know I can do it, this is just a work in progress.

dlr9774
03-11-2014, 12:04 PM
LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK:
Has anyone tried the
NEW IP chocolate MINT bars?
My coach will have them ordered in for next week!

LUCCILOVE
03-11-2014, 01:30 PM
wantanewme -BBQ chips are YUMMY. I have them almost everyday for lunch. I also like the new Salt and Vinegar chips.

To the ladies going to Hawaii - have a FAB time. I have been to both places and you will have no prob staying on IP if you choose to - fish is so fresh it is out of this world. ENJOY!

Kawaii1002
03-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I'm not dead! I keep falling off the "wagon" of being on here. Been spending alot of time at the gym or doing other things active [and all approved by IP Slip, so don't worry :)] I'm not sure where I am weight loss wise, but my clothes are fitting completely different, and I FEEL amazing... I have energy for days! :carrot::carrot:

Hope that everyone is finding themselves having a massively awesome OP day!!! :hug:

Slipfree
03-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Well, I am sick. Down for the count respiratory infection sick. People at work think it is IP that has made my resistance so low. Bull, it is being around sick kids during an endlessly cold winter. After toughing it out last week, I told work that I am staying home for two days,(hardly ever do this) but I need to kick this. Took tons of work today to plan to be out. But, I have an NSV, because my BP is normal, I can take reg. cold medicine!!!!!

Kawaii, you are a super hero. Keep up the fantastic work.

Dlr, I tried the choc. mint bar, did not love it.

Wantanewme, Luccilove and Hiker, I am loving the chips too.

Steph, how goes the phasing off?

Hiker88
03-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I'm not dead! I keep falling off the "wagon" of being on here. Been spending alot of time at the gym or doing other things active [and all approved by IP Slip, so don't worry :)] I'm not sure where I am weight loss wise, but my clothes are fitting completely different, and I FEEL amazing... I have energy for days! :carrot::carrot:

Hope that everyone is finding themselves having a massively awesome OP day!!! :hug:

Kawaii.... Love seeing that two on your ticker!!! Sounds like you are high on success these days! WTG!!

stephascope
03-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Hi Slip, the phasing off goes well! Stepped on the scale this morning and am the exact weight I was when I started phase 3 Sunday morning so that is great. Off to Vegas tomorrow afternoon for 5 days. Really excited! I'm sorry you're so sick right now. Hope your two days off are enough to get well.

Slipfree
03-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Hi Steph,

Vegas!!! I hope you have a blast. Do you get to see any shows? Did you buy some cute clothes for the trip?

As for being sick, I am looking forward to feeling better, this is getting old.

LUCCILOVE
03-11-2014, 10:16 PM
dlr9774 --congrats to you. It is ok you went to the dark carb side! Now get back on track! You lost that is great!

Slipfree-feel better and really rest so this does not get worse for you

stephascope-glad to hear things are going well. Have fun in Las Vegas!!!

want2bskinnyagain
03-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Hello all! I have taken on another job, my first job (playschool teacher) is 16.5 hrs a week, the new job(administration clerk) is 20.5 hrs a week. 4 days a week I will be going straight from job #1 to job #2! The good news is job #2 is only supposed to last until May 30th. I am doing this because my DH's office needed someone temporary and they said they would make it work with my hours at job #1, and I think I want an office job some day, I guess we will see how I feel on May 30th? LOL.

Keep plugging along friends!

Kawaii1002
03-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Noooo being sick Slip!!!! Hope you feel better soon. Poor dear! I made your Dijon Mustard chicken breast. Topped it with onion powder, and garlic shavings.

Things have been going well so far here, going away for the weekend with the hubby (and no kids) to Boston! Planning food shopping and staying 100% OP :) Going to be staying with friends and there's a pool for swimming. Thank GOODNESS my swim suit is a two piece that I can tighten!

*hugs* to all!! :)

LUCCILOVE
03-11-2014, 10:41 PM
I dont know the answer - do you? Just curious....

Can you have unlimited roasted garlic if it is just with salt, pepper and a spray of EVOO?

Can you have unlimited dijon mustard?

Slipfree
03-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Luccilove: wouldn't think either is unlimited. 1 clove of cooked garlic contains .66 gram of carb. I think of the mustard in terms of WF. My clinic says no more than 4 servings a day. Just my thoughts.

Kawaii, your weekend sounds so fun! Glad that you are making a plan. Prior proper planning = success! Loving your motivation.

Want2b- your new job sounds like a new adventure, great way to try out an office job, with an built in escape route.

Luccilove, I intend to sleep the day away. I have no voice, so I intend to drink a lot of tea and rest.

stephascope
03-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Slip, my boss is taking us all to see the Beatles Cirque de Soleil on Friday night. I didn't buy any clothes for the trip - planning to buy a bunch there! My boss has also arranged for a "luxury party bus" to pick us up from the airport for a 2 hour Las Vegas Strip tour. OMG. Should be interesting.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Lucci: I agree with Slip. Garlic cloves should be used as a seasoning, not as a veggie. Too many carbs, though it is delicious.

Slip: Feel better!

Slipfree
03-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Steph, sounds fun. Have heard that Cirque de Soleil is fantastic. Happy shopping! Careful with the "party" part of the bus, you are have not been in training for partying. So exciting.

stephascope
03-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Haha Slipfree, I definitely haven't been in party mode these past 5 months. I will take it easy. Don't want to be sick tomorrow as it is a free day to go shopping. Love shopping in Vegas.

Scale victory this morning - after 3 days of Phase 3 I have lost 0.4 lbs which is fantastic! Wasn't expecting that at all. I don't feel so bad going away now. Will probably put on a few lbs over the weekend but thanks to IP, I have the tools to get back on track. I'll check in when return.

dlr9774
03-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Tired from vacuuming. For my 40lbs lost -we got a new vacuum. Boy does this think have suction! I actually enjoyed getting my place in order and moved the furniture. I enjoy the support of 3FC and thank you for your supportive comment LUCCILOVE!

KookySuki
03-12-2014, 12:55 PM
I just got back from WI and lost 7.8 lbs this week which brings my total lbs lost to 51 lbs and total inches lost to 41. I'm so excited and never thought I could get to this point back when I was in the 240's.

Steph- Have fun on your trip and be careful with alcohol! I got really sick in January when I went out drinking. Apparently you're not supposed to do shots on IP...who knew?! ; )

Slip- Hope you feel better soon!

LUCCILOVE
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
dlr9774 -My pleasure - we all need to be supportive and realistic

Do u have a dyson? I have one and they are super powerful-have to be careful

KookySuki - that is amazing!!! that is ALOT of weight in 1 week. Did you do something new or different! So proud of u!!!

had a yummy seabass recipe last night so good and easy. I will post later

KookySuki
03-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Lucci- Thanks! I switched things up this past week. I really upped my water intake, which was something I've not been good about in the past. I also changed my eating schedule a bit by eating half of my dinner protein at lunch and then having a lighter dinner with the remaining half of the protein. I've been eating restricteds late morning/midday. I didn't eat any of the restricted vegetables, not on purpose...just didn't do it. I also started walking yesterday at lunch time, but I think it's too soon for that to have an effect. Also, last WI was close to TOM, so I think I was bloated with extra water weight last WI.

I'm so excited to be so close to the 180's! I'm happy with my progress so far, but I'm greedy for more. I think the weather getting warmer is making me realize I need to buckle down to reach goal this summer.

Slipfree
03-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Seriously, Kawaii asked me what the best part of losing the weight was- now I know it, Regular cold medicine with a decongestant! Have not been able to use one for 10 years because of my blood pressure. I can breathe! Took a long nap this afternoon. Hoping that I am on the mend.

Kooky- awesome weigh in! Glad that your starting to walk. Wish the spring weather was here. It was 60 yesterday, more rain and ice tonight.

Luccilove, looking forward to your sea bass recipe.

Dlr,love those rewards. Still loving my new living room chairs.

Steph, glad that you are still losing in Phase 3.

Thank you all for your get well wishes.

want2bskinnyagain
03-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Slip: Hope you feel better soon.

Kawaii: Have a great weekend in Boston!

Steph: I have seen 2 Cirque shows, they are AMAZING!!! Have a good trip!!

dlr: A new vaccum doesn't sound that exciting for 40lbs lost. LOL But it is nice to have a really good vaccum!:D

Kooky: Great WI this week, your totals are awesome!!

We leave tomorrow and then fly out Friday morning, still a little more packing to do. Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing when I get back.

Slipfree
03-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Want2b- Have fun in Hawaii! Enjoy the sunshine :beach:

Kawaii1002
03-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Ugh... Dreading my WI in a few hours now.. TOM!!! I feel bloated.. Grrrr stupid measley 1.2lbs!

KookySuki
03-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Good luck at your WI Kawaii and have a great weekend in Boston! If you're up a little this week for TOM, you'll probably have a bigger loss next week. That's what just happened to me. : )

Want2b-Have a great vacation!

Dlr- Congrats on losing 40 lbs!

wantanewme
03-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Ugh... Dreading my WI in a few hours now.. TOM!!! I feel bloated.. Grrrr stupid measley 1.2lbs!

i feel for you. it's TOM for me too and i feel bloated and horrible. it'll be a lot better next week.

Slipfree
03-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Wishing you luck, Kawaii!

want2bskinnyagain
03-13-2014, 10:45 AM
So I must be stressed! I forgot to WI yesterday! LOL oh my! I didn't realize it until 10pm last night. So this morning I am down 3lbs. My body must be adjusting to the medication again, yeah!

Slipfree
03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Want2b- :yay: great WI, just in time for hula dancing!

Kawaii1002
03-13-2014, 11:38 AM
WI wasn't as bad as I expected... Donated .2, but I'm up 8.8lbs in water.. So I feel vindicated. Today was a measurement day and I've lost half an inch in each arm, and a whole inch in each leg.. In two weeks! Rock on with my squats, push ups, body rows and fat burn mode on the treadmill...

Got told by my coach that I need to eat more food though, so now I'll be eating 4 packets a day in addition to 12 oz of protein and veggies. On average I'm burning in the ballpark of 700 calories a day.. Sooooo MOAR food... Coach told me that what I'm doing is GREAT!!!!

wantanewme
03-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Kawaii and want2be:

Great job on the awesome WI and inches lost!:cheer3:

Slipfree
03-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Kawaii, sounds like a great day. I am glad, you deserve it :)

LUCCILOVE
03-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Had my WI lost 2lbs! I reached the 50lb mark. I have now lost 51lbs! Cant believe it

Slipfree
03-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Luccilove- :yay: bye, bye 51 pounds! :woohoo:

KookySuki
03-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Had my WI lost 2lbs! I reached the 50lb mark. I have now lost 51lbs! Cant believe it

Yay! Congratulations! That's funny we both hit 51 lbs lost the same week. :woohoo:

KookySuki
03-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Kawaii- congrats on the WI and inches lost!

Slipfree- How are you feeling today?

Slipfree
03-14-2014, 12:52 AM
Kooky- not great, heading to the dr. tomorrow. This cough is tough and it is not getting better with over the counter medicine. Thanks for asking.

KookySuki
03-14-2014, 09:35 AM
So I must be stressed! I forgot to WI yesterday! LOL oh my! I didn't realize it until 10pm last night. So this morning I am down 3lbs. My body must be adjusting to the medication again, yeah!

Congratulations on your WI! Great job!!:)

KookySuki
03-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Kooky- not great, heading to the dr. tomorrow. This cough is tough and it is not getting better with over the counter medicine. Thanks for asking.

Ugh...I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your doctor can give you something that will help. Sending you get well prayers! :hug:

Kawaii1002
03-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Kooky & Lucci: Congrats!!!!! Super awesome job girls!!

Slip: hope you get some relief after your dr appointment!

Want2b: great WI!!!!!!

So I went to the gym after my WI, then had to go to the dr. When I was there they weighed me and according to the MD scale I've lost 107lbs!!!! Was kinda funny. Dr (I've had her for the past 16 years) walked in, turned and walked back out because she thought she went into the wrong room! She came back in and apologized, and told me she did not recognize me. The BEST thing though is I've been taken off all of my meds. No longer need any of the chrohn's meds (3 pills), asthma inhalers (2 different ones), or the prescription pain meds for fibromyalgia. ALL of these conditions have completely resolved/are in remission.

I am so incredibly blessed!!

Hawaii69
03-14-2014, 11:54 AM

So I went to the gym after my WI, then had to go to the dr. When I was there they weighed me and according to the MD scale I've lost 107lbs!!!! Was kinda funny. Dr (I've had her for the past 16 years) walked in, turned and walked back out because she thought she went into the wrong room! She came back in and apologized, and told me she did not recognize me. The BEST thing though is I've been taken off all of my meds. No longer need any of the chrohn's meds (3 pills), asthma inhalers (2 different ones), or the prescription pain meds for fibromyalgia. ALL of these conditions have completely resolved/are in remission.

That is amazing! Congrats on all that u have accomplished! It's sooooo inspiring!

lisa32989
03-14-2014, 12:27 PM

And pretty soon you'll be in remission from obesity, as well! Congrats on the bill of health

Ruth Ann
03-14-2014, 12:41 PM

Congrats Kawaii! That is so awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!

scottysgirl7682
03-14-2014, 12:51 PM

Holy crap, that's awesome!! :hat: Keep up the fantastic work!!!

Slipfree
03-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Kawaii, already told you how proud I am of you :D You are a star. Isn't it wonderful to be taken off Meds.? I am excited about all of the wonderful wishes that you are making happen. Soon, you will be riding that horse with your darling son.

As for me, just back from the DR. with four prescriptions. Three for the upper respiratory/ear infection and a new one for the swelling ankles. Did you know that they have a pill to stop coughing now? I was so happy because I was afraid that the cough medicine would have sugar. I am so ready to feel better, I was going to take it anyway, gasp!

wantanewme
03-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Kawaii and Lucci, amazing amazing job!!

Slip free, feel better soon!

scottysgirl7682
03-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Ok, my turn...

For a while I've been hit with a hideous plateau, and I know now that I've beat it to a pulp! I weighed myself on Monday, and despite the fact that I got Dracula 2 days before, I am down another 3 pounds! Total of 39, and am down to 196.5! 1 more to 40! I know now I got this, and feel fabulous!

wantanewme
03-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Ok, my turn...

For a while I've been hit with a hideous plateau, and I know now that I've beat it to a pulp! I weighed myself on Monday, and despite the fact that I got Dracula 2 days before, I am down another 3 pounds! Total of 39, and am down to 196.5! 1 more to 40! I know now I got this, and feel fabulous!

You've definitely got this! Congrats! Dracula... Never heard that one. I love it ;)

Slipfree
03-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Happy for you Scottysgirl! Those plateaus stink!

Slipfree
03-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Whole lot a medicine going on here but a lot less coughing. Looking forward to a night of good sleep, after the UCONN game. At least it is league tournament time since I am stuck at home.

Ended up making a pretty good dinner- zoodles (zucchini made into noodle) sautéed in garlic, olive oil, dried shallots and ginger and seared tuna w/ soy sauce.

Did not really feel like eating, but it tasted pretty good.

Hope all of you are having fun in Hawaii and Boston especially.

wantanewme
03-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Whole lot a medicine going on here but a lot less coughing. Looking forward to a night of good sleep, after the UCONN game. At least it is league tournament time since I am stuck at home.

Ended up making a pretty good dinner- zoodles (zucchini made into noodle) sautéed in garlic, olive oil, dried shallots and ginger and seared tuna w/ soy sauce.

Did not really feel like eating, but it tasted pretty good.

Hope all of you are having fun in Hawaii and Boston especially.

glad you're getting better. sleep well! that recipe sounds yummy. please share details of how you made noodles. thanks!

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 12:50 AM
UCONN won! :woohoo:

Zoodles are just zucchini made into strands with a julienne peeler. I got my peeler on Amazon.

KookySuki
03-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Kawaii- I'm so happy for you that you're not only seeing the lbs and inches drop, but that you're health is improving so much! Your dedication to getting healthy is really inspirational.

Scottysgirl- Congratulations on the lbs lost!

Slipfree- I'm glad you got some relief from your coughing and that your team won. I hope you got a great night's sleep.

I'm going to lunch and some shopping with a friend today. I found a place that has some IP friendly meals, so I'm feeling ok about going out for lunch. I usually don't go out to eat because I'd rather make my own food and not worry, but I need to not let P1 affect my social life so much. The reality is people like to go out to eat to catch up, so I need to get comfortable with eating at restaurants on IP.

It's supposed to be a nice day in the 60's-70's here, so It should be great day to be out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Kooky- glad you found some IP friendly choices. I agree, life can not stop because we are on Phase 1. It can be done successfully, I have eaten out at least 30 times and only had issues twice (both in New Haven). Even then, I did not go off program, I just ended up hungry. You can do it. I just think, this is what I would eat at home, but I do not have to do the prep or dishes :) so I don't feel deprived of the joy of eating out. Most of all, seek joy in your friendship and buy something fun. You deserve a fun day.

I am jealous of your weather, think we might get to 50 today,then back to icebox cold.

KookySuki
03-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks Slipfree- I'll let you know how it goes. Anthropologie has 15% off today, so we picked a good day for our outing.

You have done so well with eating at restaurants and parties. I have either avoided those things or gone off plan. Today is different because I realized (with your help) that it's possible to still go out and be social in the presence of food and wine. Fortunately my friend doesn't drink, so I won't be jealous of wine and her favorite thing at this little cafe is their peanut butter and jelly and mixed greens salad, so I won't be jealous of her food either. : )

I have a friend from college who will be in town this week for a conference, so we're going out to dinner Tuesday & Wednesday and going for a hike on Weds. Time to start planning for that too. Fortunately she is a healthy eater, so that helps. I'm feeling more confident in my ability to make the right choices for myself, so it makes me less anxious about restaurants.

What does everyone have planned this weekend? I think a lot of the newbies are traveling, so the board might be a big quiet.

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Kooky, I like your attitude! I want to go to Anthropologie!! I just got their new flyer. The closest one is over an hour away.

Guess what my plans are? Nothing... But UCONN is playing tonight so at least I have that to look forward to. I am breathing a bit better so I will take it. No one in my family/friends want to be around me, because they do not want to get sick. I completely understand,but am bored. If I feel better tomorrow, I may take a ride to HomeGoods. Exciting I know, but I may need to escape this house for a short while. For now, I will have a fire in the fireplace, watch the birds at the feeder and do some laundry.

Hiker88
03-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Kooky, I like your attitude! I want to go to Anthropologie!! I just got their new flyer. The closest one is over an hour away.

Guess what my plans are? Nothing... But UCONN is playing tonight so at least I have that to look forward to. I am breathing a bit better so I will take it. No one in my family/friends want to be around me, because they do not want to get sick. I completely understand,but am bored. If I feel better tomorrow, I may take a ride to HomeGoods. Exciting I know, but I may need to escape this house for a short while. For now, I will have a fire in the fireplace, watch the birds at the feeder and do some laundry.

I felt like I fought a flu from January to the end of February this winter Slipfree... I hope you feel better soon! Its so frustrating!

Take care of yourself!!

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Hiker, thanks. I love your new progress picture! Are you enjoying your vacation?

Hiker88
03-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Hiker, thanks. I love your new progress picture! Are you enjoying your vacation?

YES!! I am being very conscientious about NOT thinking about work or home.. just living in the moment and enjoying all the beauty around me. I love photography and I like to TAKE the pictures and used to avoid photos being taken of me at all costs... not so much on this trip! Go figure!! I can still see from the photos that I want to lose a little more but have to say I like what I see!

lisa32989
03-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Guess what my plans are? Nothing... But UCONN is playing tonight so at least I have that to look forward to.
Slipfree: maybe our teams will meet in the NCAA tourney. I'm a Michigan State Spartan. Go Green! #BigTen
I love March Madness and my birthday kicks it off!

wantanewme
03-15-2014, 12:51 PM
YES!! I am being very conscientious about NOT thinking about work or home.. just living in the moment and enjoying all the beauty around me. I love photography and I like to TAKE the pictures and used to avoid photos being taken of me at all costs... not so much on this trip! Go figure!! I can still see from the photos that I want to lose a little more but have to say I like what I see!

You look lovely!! Have a wonderful time :)

dlr9774
03-15-2014, 03:07 PM
I am OP and feel good. I have to work tonight and I am already tired. Going to have a quick nap, and hope to feel better.

KookySuki
03-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Just got back from my brunch and shopping. I had poached eggs, roasted asparagus, and mushrooms. It was OP and not nerve-wracking since I looked at the menu ahead of time. I bought some new cute tops at Anthropologie in size MEDIUM! Sorry for the all caps, but I haven't been a medium in maybe 5 years, so I'm soooo excited. It's seems like my upper body has lost a lot more than my lower body, but walking and other exercise will help with that.

Slipfree & Dlr- Hope you're birth enjoying relaxing Saturdays and getting some rest.

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Yay Kooky! Sounds like a fun outing. Medium tops deserve caps! Did you have fun? Nice visit with your friend?

Dlr- glad that you are doing well OP. Hope that you get some good rest and feel better before work tonight.

Taking it slow, in my pjs. I did my taxes, was stressed about gathering the info. because I refinanced. But it was easier than I thought.

I am feeling better, makes me wish I had gotten the antibiotics sooner. I just hate the idea of using them.

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 07:25 PM
So, a bittersweet NSV. Only 3 of my spring dresses out of many are wearable, the rest are way too big. I am happy, but I have been wanting to wear these as goal clothes (14 and 12s) for so long, that it makes me a little sad to have missed them size wise. Also, the idea of replacing all of these clothes is overwhelming both style wise (not a fan of fashion lately) and $$$$.

KookySuki
03-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Slipfree- I had a really good time with my friend. She lives about an hour away so we don't get to hang out much outside of work. It was a beautiful day and I'm glad we got out out early and had brunch instead of lunch because downtown was getting packed!

I'm glad you're feeling better. I can really identify with you on the clothing issue, but it's worth it to lose the weight and have to buy new clothes. P1 of IP is expensive, so just think about the extra money you'll have in maintenance because you won't have to buy so many IP products. I think I spend about $400-500 on IP stuff a month with the packets and supplements. I could probably do it cheaper, but I like to have a wide variety of products so that I don't get bored.

You can gradually build up your new wardrobe. I just invested some $ in medium tops because most of the weight I have left to lose is in my lower stomach, butt, and legs (especially thighs) and then just small amounts in other areas. For pants, I've been buying Old Navy because they're inexpensive. I also wear leggings with some tunics and dresses that didn't used to fit me.

I might also buy some knit dresses in mediums that are more fitted up top to get me through the next few months. Garnet Hill and Boden have really cute knit and jersey dresses. I buy those online.

All of the pants and skirts I was waiting to wear 14's and 16's are too big. I'm not complaining, but it's crazy how quickly I went through those sizes.

Slipfree
03-15-2014, 09:04 PM
I guess I am just mourning my Maggy London dresses. I love them and have not been able to wear them for the past seven years :(. Her styles are classic. Now, her clothes are out of my price range for multiples. I will adjust, guess I am surprised that I have been this weight and they fit. IP changes your body so much. Wonder what size I will be at goal?

Summer clothes are not an issue, since I am off from school. I also need to get a dress for Palm Sunday and Easter.

I am pretty hour glass shaped but have definite weight on my thighs, but my body has always been that way. Accepted it a long time ago.

Glad you had fun with your friend.

KookySuki
03-16-2014, 12:28 AM
I guess I am just mourning my Maggy London dresses. I love them and have not been able to wear them for the past seven years :(. Her styles are classic. Now, her clothes are out of my price range for multiples. I will adjust, guess I am surprised that I have been this weight and they fit. IP changes your body so much. Wonder what size I will be at goal?

Summer clothes are not an issue, since I am off from school. I also need to get a dress for Palm Sunday and Easter.

I am pretty hour glass shaped but have definite weight on my thighs, but my body has always been that way. Accepted it a long time ago.

Glad you had fun with your friend.

Oh I'm sorry...I was thinking these dresses were more recent and ordinary purchases. That does suck that you missed being able to wear your favorite dresses that you've wanted to wear for a long time.

I have had the same experience with IP that my body looks much better at 190 than it did when I was gaining weight and hit 190. I think I was wearing large tops and size 14 jeans. I was definitely a lot chunkier looking. I think it's all of the protein and that ketosis gets rid of the fat, while the protocol maintains muscle mass. Plus we're not eating and drinking the things that made us puffy and bloated. That's my best guess. I am not complaining though. :) I might end up phasing off at 150-160. I'm thinking 145 might be too aggressive of a goal. I think I'll get my blood work done again at that time and if everything is back at healthy levels, I'll start phasing off.

Slipfree
03-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Good morning,

Hope all of our travelers are having a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures.

Starting to feel a little better, but mornings and late evenings are still tough. Ergo, the reason I am awake at 7:00 am on a Sunday.

Lisa, we lost our game :( I do love March Madness! I follow both the UCONN women and men in basketball. Did you go to Michigan? Two of my teaching colleagues went to the Univ. of Michigan.

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Lisa, we lost our game :( I do love March Madness! I follow both the UCONN women and men in basketball. Did you go to Michigan? Two of my teaching colleagues went to the Univ. of Michigan.

Ucon will still be in the NCAA tourney. Maybe we'll meet. Were in the Big Ten Championship game today.
And ugh, NO! I did not go to Michigan. I went to Michigan STATE. We're the good guys :) #1 School of Ed :)
(Note a bit of rivalry there?)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7037/13193568103_7c01ab2cac_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/13193568103/)

Slipfree
03-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh, I know all about the rivalry. Three of my teacher friends cheer for Big Blue, one cheers for the Spartan green. We will be in the tournament, but I do not see a deep run for our guys. Now the ladies, I expect to see at the final four. With this bout of the cold/flu and 20 degree weather, March Madness is a joyful thing. Looking forward to Selection Sunday tonight.

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Looking forward to Selection Sunday tonight.
Me too. After we beat those pesky wolverines.

Slipfree
03-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Lisa, same region, it may happen,

lisa32989
03-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Lisa, same region, it may happen,
I just got home from watching the butt whoopin of um & we stayed to watch selection show. Saw we're in the same region.

LUCCILOVE
03-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi IPers--

So I had family in for a visit and kinda did not do so well this weekend. Nothing too extreme but cheated here and there. I think I am ok with it and will get back on track starting tom. I feel sometimes it is ok to have something off plan. Just wanted to put it out there.

Slipfree
03-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Luccilove, hope you had fun with your family. :)

LUCCILOVE
03-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Slipfree-

Thanks we did have fun. We did alot of stuff and my brother and cousin did great in the 1/2 marathon. They had great personal times.

They went home this afternoon instead of Monday in am because once again DC is getting up to 8 inches of snow tonight and tom. I am do done with this weather. It is driving me nuts!

Slipfree
03-16-2014, 10:18 PM
This winter has been terrible. Sorry you are going to get hit again with snow. It is supposed to stay just South of here. Glad you had a fun time with your bro. And cuz.

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 07:25 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day! :goldpot:

LUCCILOVE
03-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Good morning! Everything is closed in DC because of the snow - fun!

Not sure if anyone uses stuff from GNC but they have the best deal I have ever seen since being on IP. It is 45% off ALMOST everything in the store. They sell the mini bottle blenders for IP. They work great. You cant pick your color though

http://www.gnc.com/Mini-Blender-Bottle/product.jsp?productId=3044019

scottysgirl7682
03-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Good morning IPers!

Im soooooo happy to announce that I made it to 41 pounds today! I got on the scale a bit ago, and am down 2! Woot woot!

Happy losing, everyone!!!

KookySuki
03-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Lucci- I'm glad you had fun with your family this weekend! Sorry to hear about your weather...what a crazy winter! As long as you get right back OP you'll be fine...speaking from experience. : )

Scottysgirl- Congratulations on losing 41 lbs! Doesn't it feel great to hit those milestones and know you're going to keep losing?

LUCCILOVE
03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi Fellow IPers--

Anyone interested in swapping some packets? I am in the Northern VA area. I happy to swap with people in the USA.

I either don't like these packets or cant use them because they cause my tongue to have a bad reaction. None have expired. Most dates are late 2014 and 2015. I do not want any alternative items - I am 100% IP.

They are individual packets.

Peach and Mango Drink Mix - I have 1 packet

Leek Soup - I have 1 packet

Broccoli Soup - I have 2 packets

Chicken A La King - I have several packets

Chicken Soup - I have several packets

Mushroom Soup - I have several packets

White Cheddar Ridges (Restricted) - I have several packets

I would like BBQ or Salt n Vinegar Chips, Chocolate Soy Puffs, Lemon, Orange, or Strawberry Wafers, chocolate or peanut butter type bars, vanilla, chocolate, or cappuccino drink mixes, or vanilla, dark or milk chocolate pudding mixes packets.

Please send me a private message or email at wetravel at gmail dot com

Thanks in advance. Have a good day

LUCCILOVE
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Slipfree--

Sorry it took me so long to send this. I will make this recipe this week. It is so easy and yummy. Let me know what you think!

http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-oven-baked-sea-bass-351631

Simple Oven-Baked Sea Bass
By aMused chef on January 23, 2009

Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 2

Ingredients
1 lb sea bass ( cleaned and scaled)
3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 lemon wedges
1/3 cup white wine vinegar (optional) or 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 450F°.
In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
Rub fish with oil mixture.
(Optional) Pour wine over fish.
Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
Enjoy!

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks Luccilove! I need some Friday fish recipes :D
Scottysgirl, congrats on 41 pounds gone forever! :yay:
So, it is a good thing that I barely have a voice after teaching today, because I love going out for ST. Patrick's Day. Spent a summer in Ireland in my early 20s and have fantastic memories. I always say the best part of me is Irish. So, being OP and feeling like crud has put an end to any green adventures for 2014. There will be another one next year. :irish:

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks Luccilove! I need some Friday fish recipes :D
Scottysgirl, congrats on 41 pounds gone forever! :yay:
So, it is a good thing that I barely have a voice after teaching today, because I love going out for ST. Patrick's Day. Spent a summer in Ireland in my early 20s and have fantastic memories. I always say the best part of me is Irish. So, being OP and feeling like crud has put an end to any green adventures for 2014. There will be another one next year. :irish:

Now, THAT is the attitude to get us thru. Let's bottle it!!!

stephascope
03-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Hey buddies, made it back from Vegas in one piece. Had a great time buying new clothes. I thought I was being pretty cheeky by grabbing a lot of size 8 stuff but turns out I needed 6's in most things. WOOHOO! That was the best part of the trip :D Glad to be back and on plan.

Happy St. Patty's Day! No green beer for me today. I always thought that was a bit weird!

lisa32989
03-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey buddies, made it back from Vegas in one piece. Had a great time buying new clothes. I thought I was being pretty cheeky by grabbing a lot of size 8 stuff but turns out I needed 6's in most things. WOOHOO! That was the best part of the trip :D Glad to be back and on plan.

Happy St. Patty's Day! No green beer for me today. I always thought that was a bit weird!
I never had green beer either. But no dark brown for me today. As others have said, it'll the there another year (if I choose).
Rock on with your size 6!

stephascope
03-17-2014, 08:41 PM
I never had green beer either. But no dark brown for me today. As others have said, it'll the there another year (if I choose).
Rock on with your size 6!

Thanks Lisa! The experience really put a smile on my face and I am looking forward to staying in the 6's or even maybe even a bit smaller - forever!

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 08:45 PM
No real Irishman/woman puts green in their Guinness! No need to add to their perfect creation :D

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Steph, so glad that your shopping trip was a wonderful success. I can almost hear the happiness in your written words. Six or smaller forever, you rock!

stephascope
03-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Steph, so glad that your shopping trip was a wonderful success. I can almost hear the happiness in your written words. Six or smaller forever, you rock!

Guinness is one of my faves and definitely doesn't need anything to make it more Irish. You bet I'm happy Slip. I look like this: :D

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Right back at ya, because your happiness has made my face look like this :D.

LUCCILOVE
03-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Steph.

Glad u had fun. You go size 6!!!

stephascope
03-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Steph.

Glad u had fun. You go size 6!!!

Thanks Lucci! I don't think I've worn a size 6 since high school :carrot:

dlr9774
03-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Happy St Patty's Day! I am grumpy and unmotivated today. I was on evenings last week and the weekend and it must of just ZAPPED me! I am been in a bad mood. I weigh in tomorrow, and expect a great result, as I have been a good girl following my plan.

dlr9774
03-17-2014, 11:10 PM
I decided today enough is enough. I have read some of the posts and realize this is just for a period of time and it's my time to get serious. I want to lose another 30lbs by June 1st which is totally do-able on IP 100%. I start tomorrow with my recommitment to IP and myself and this battle of the weight and self esteam. THIS IP PROGRAM WORKS so why do we not just follow it? My friend and an inspiration has lost 100 lbs on IP in about 9 months. Time to get serious!

Slipfree
03-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Dlr, I am sorry that you have been struggling. I have stayed pretty close to 100% because I do not want to deal with a slip becoming a slide. Some people can do it, but I know my past track record with weight. I fully agree with you that IP works. I think the struggle comes with old habits, emotional triggers, and just plain liking some foods too much. Unfortunately, one of the most important things that I have learned here is that those choices/struggles never end. I think there is some fatigue with that. Every day, I have to convince myself that my health and weight loss is something I want more than pizza, wine, or a goodie. I think having my blood pressure back to normal is the difference for me this time, it has given me the motivation to stick to this.

Why do you want to lose the rest of your weight? What is your vision at goal? What is your motivation? Then stop, pat yourself on the back. You just worked a very difficult work schedule and you have lost 40 pounds!

Kawaii1002
03-18-2014, 09:02 AM

Back from Boston, Catching up on the board before I have to head out to work. HOLY CRUD!!! Hiker... you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carro t:

Kawaii1002
03-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Hope everyone had a great time during their weekend. I had a wonderful time out and about in Boston, but yesterday morning (we didn't come home till last night around 22:00) both hubby and I started feeling kinda icky. Seems we had a reaction to the dust/pollution/pollen (if that's even possible).. Devin is feeling better, but I've got the runny nose, feel like crud thing going on.

Stepped on the scale this morning (I was a little nervous because while I *think* I stayed on protocol, you can never tell when you eat out if there's something hidden in there that you didn't want), and it says 288. Seriously?! I'll take it.. hoping I feel better enough to hit the gym after my client today.

:hug:'s for all that want them. I think I'm going to call it an early night and try to get some extra sleep. I don't want to end up really sick and needing prescription meds again!

dlr9774
03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Just back from my Weigh in: Lost 3lbs this week: that's a total of 43 lbs. Feeling Good, but wanting more. Dedicated and motivated to loss another 30lbs by June 1st, 2013. Is that do-able?

scottysgirl7682
03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Just back from my Weigh in: Lost 3lbs this week: that's a total of 43 lbs. Feeling Good, but wanting more. Dedicated and motivated to loss another 30lbs by June 1st, 2013. Is that do-able?

Definitely! Why wouldn't it be? I have 34.5 that I want to lose before summer as well, and I know I can get there. If you have that commitment and drive to get it done, then you should have no problem getting to your goals. We got this! :hug:

Kawaii1002
03-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Seriously, reading through everyone's posts this past weekend (Especially Steph's) just made my day. It is so nice to see the IP Peeps reaping the benefits of all the hard work they're putting in!

DLR,
Depending on how much you have to lose, 30lbs is totally doable! I set myself up for 25lb increment goals. I don't look at the HUGE number I have to get rid of, just the next 25lbs. The fact that you've rededicated yourself to getting back on track and sticking OP will definitely help.

scottysgirl7682
03-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Seriously, reading through everyone's posts this past weekend (Especially Steph's) just made my day. It is so nice to see the IP Peeps reaping the benefits of all the hard work they're putting in!

DLR,
Depending on how much you have to lose, 30lbs is totally doable! I set myself up for 25lb increment goals. I don't look at the HUGE number I have to get rid of, just the next 25lbs. The fact that you've rededicated yourself to getting back on track and sticking OP will definitely help.

I agree, Kawaii. I found that if you set your sights too high, you'll have a hard time getting to where you want to be. I'm at 194.5 now, and even tho I have a bit to go before my goal, I'm not really putting a time limit on this one. I'm just aiming for 190, and the rate I'm going, I'll be there in no time. Just concentrate on the here and now. We will all get there eventually... ;)

LUCCILOVE
03-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Got my liver tests back...enzymes went up a bit but liver is totally functioning normal. Very annoying. Going to see a specialist but still ok to be on IP. Might have to adjust IP not sure what that means. Will find out on Thur. Will keep u posted

Slipfree
03-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Luccilove, Sending good thoughts your way. Completely understand your frustration. My ankles are still retaining water with a 110/84 bp with all blood work normal. Have you thought of doing Phase 2 like Want2be?

Slipfree
03-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Dlr- Congrats on your weigh in! :woohoo:

Kawaii, hope you feel better. If you are around, coffee this weekend?

LUCCILOVE
03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Slipfree--I have not thought of anything. I just dont want to get off plan. Curious what they will tell me.
I know u can relate because we are doing good and lost a lot of weight an unknowns make us wonder.

I am off all meds except thyroid and birth control. Thx

LUCCILOVE
03-18-2014, 09:05 PM
?? Does decaf tea still dehydrate you or is it still a diuretic?

Slipfree
03-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Luccilove- :hug: Want2be can jump in, but she has always followed phase 2 and her losses have been fantastic. That would cut the IP products to one meal. 8 ounces of protein at lunch with veggies, 8 ounces of protein at dinner. Just something to think about if they insist on a change. I hope that everything goes the way you want it to on Thurs. Off all Meds!!! Now that is a serious NSV! :yay:

Slipfree
03-18-2014, 09:15 PM
2 cups of non cafe tea can count toward water intake according to my clinic.

LUCCILOVE
03-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Never thought about my meds as a nsv. Thx for pointing that out. Makes me feel proud. I am still in denial that I lost a lot of weight. My brother and cousins couldn't believe how different I look when they were here this weekend. I still think I look the same. I will ask them about P2

wantanewme
03-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Hi all!
I just had my first WI since my restart last week and I'm down 6 pounds and 4.5 inches! It's good to be back!

Kawaii1002
03-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Wantanewme,

WOOOHOO!!!!! :) :carrot::carrot:

Keep on keepin on girl! You're doing great!

lisa32989
03-19-2014, 05:40 PM
I am still in denial that I lost a lot of weight. I still think I look the same.

When I look in the mirror, I still think I look the same, too. All of the imperfections persist. I'm so glad I saved the outfit from my "before" pic and took those pics! The skin hanging on my lower abdomen is still there (was there before). Lumps, bumps, and dimples in my thighs and butt are all still there. My arms are thinner (4" each) but the skin and remaining fat HANGS (and yes, I work out!). My waist and hips are each 15" smaller. More than a foot! My clothes are smaller. But to me, I still look the same.

The training and surgery (or just plain real-life air brushing :) ) that would have to happen for me to really see the change is beyond my scope of time and budget.

LUCCILOVE
03-19-2014, 05:51 PM
lisa32989 -- I hear you. I am glad to know I am not alone on this topic.

Sometimes I see glimpse of myself and I say my stomach is not as big or hanging etc but I still see my imperfections. I think we always will. I think even if I had the surgeries I would fine something I did not like about me. It is a mental thing too. Very hard to deal with when you had to deal with being overweight your whole life.

LUCCILOVE
03-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Wantanewme--

CONGRATS! That is great work! Wonderful WI. Glad u are back on track! Welcome back!

Kawaii1002
03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Lisa and Lucci,

I was talking to my counselor today about this. I started out 354lbs heavier. In my brain, I still see myself that big.. I'm hoping that at some time my brain is finally able to catch up.. The ##'s change, but the mental picture stays the same.

Slipfree
03-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Not sure of my image. I find myself being critical because, I now have more wrinkles on my face. Yet, some of my old students came to visit today and said that I look much younger. I feel much more comfortable with my body and how much space it takes up in the world. Being able to cross my legs, sitting Indian style in my new living-room chairs and not filling the whole seat of a chair. Yet, I still feel large. I see pictures of people that are my height and weight and think they look great, but remember being this weight in my younger life and being considered fat. I think in someways, I am glad that this is taking a bit longer, because it is giving my mind- time to process my feelings and habits.

I made the best dinner tonight! Arugula, mixed with sautéed mini portobello mushrooms, basil/ rosemary sea salt, garlic olive oil, topped with 6 ounces of beef tenderloin sliced and then sprinkled with toasted dried shallots. It was delicious. Felt like- this is not "diet" food. Have not had red meat for a couple of weeks, my body must have needed it.

:yay: Wantanewme fantastic restart! You are on your way.

LUCCILOVE
03-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Had my WI today and I gained .6lbs but I am thrilled about this because I thought I gained 2-3 lbs. I thought I was 185 and not 187. So I am happy about this. I did cheat a little while my brother was here last weekend.

Like I said earlier new lab work said my AST and ALTs went up again but the rest of my liver functioning and blood in the liver is all normal.

So the coaches and Dr were going to put me on an alternative P1 plan where I eat carbs at every meal the rest is the same but I would lo0se only about .5 -1 lbs a week and it would be more of a low fat diet. Not the route I want to do.

My office called IP Headquarters and spoke to some Doctors there and said they think I should still stay on the diet P1 and just keep getting check for my liver. IP still says this is normal and it can go up and down and stay up until you get to P4. It also happened to my coach his enzymes went up and then went back down when he got to P4. IP says this can happen to diabetics or people who have Syndrome X (insulin resistance stuff). It is called gluconeogenesis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis

I will still go see the liver specialist in April to see what he says. I will probably have more blood work and maybe ultra sound on the liver. So now I am motivated even more to get rid of the weight - the quicker it comes off the quicker I hope to have my normal liver enzymes back.

So IPers if you are going in for regular blood work - have your liver and kidney's checked out to make sure they are running normal while on IP. You might be surprised what you might find. I feel fine-just cold and tired.

Thanks for listening and Have a good day!

Slipfree
03-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Luccilove, you are right, more incentive to get the job done quickly.

I am feeling better, just minimal coughing left. But of course, TOM! Looking forward to the weekend.

Kawaii, hope you feel better soon.

Jig, you out there? Please check in and let us know how you are doing.

Kawaii1002
03-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Hey all,

Today overall was a GOOD day... Cause guess what?!?! I *finally* made 100lbs!!!! Down 4.4 this week, for a total of 103.4 gotten rid of. I'm **this** close to 50% of the way to goal!!! (117lbs is 50%).

I'm still in shock a little bit I guess.. That was the upside of the day. After my weigh in, I went to the dr's for what I thought was a cold, possibly bronchitis judging by the way my chest felt. Found out I have: Sinus infection, bronchitis, inner ear infections in both ears, and shingles. Yeehaw.. I never do anything in half measure! Guess if I'm gonna get sick, I should go all out!

In any event, I'll be here the next few days since shingles are contagious, so I'll be hanging out at home. It's been really interesting reading everyone's responses to their body image that they see. I was talking about this with my coach today (Jason) and he was telling me that there is a class that our center is running next month called Phantom Fat. It's what happens when your brain just can't compute the changes your body has made, and you're left with an emotional and physical disconnect between your actual body size and your mental image.

Hoping I can learn lots so that I will be able to share with any that are interested.

stephascope
03-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Aww Kawaii, way to get sick! Oh my goodness, I bet you are feeling crummy but you sure don't come across that way in your post. Congrats on passing the 100 lb mark!

I would love to hear more about the Phantom Fat. I have "fat" days and I have "less fat" days. It is still blowing my mind that I'm wearing a few size x-small items. It doesn't seem real. I still feel like I'm still 40+ lbs heavier.

Slipfree
03-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Kawaii- :bravo: :dancer: :cp:

Ruth Ann
03-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Hey all,

Today overall was a GOOD day... Cause guess what?!?! I *finally* made 100lbs!!!! Down 4.4 this week, for a total of 103.4 gotten rid of. I'm **this** close to 50% of the way to goal!!! (117lbs is 50%).

I'm still in shock a little bit I guess.. That was the upside of the day. After my weigh in, I went to the dr's for what I thought was a cold, possibly bronchitis judging by the way my chest felt. Found out I have: Sinus infection, bronchitis, inner ear infections in both ears, and shingles. Yeehaw.. I never do anything in half measure! Guess if I'm gonna get sick, I should go all out!

Congrats Kawaii! Hooray for hitting -100! :bravo::cp::dancer:

Sorry you're sick though - rest up and get better soon!

KookySuki
03-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Congrats Kawaii on hitting 100 lbs on IP! I'm so proud of you and happy for you! You are well on your way!

Sending healing thoughts your way to Kawaii and Lucci!

I've had a pretty good week, but I'm definitely ready for the weekend. I had a friend who was in town for a conference and it was so nice to catch up with her. We went out for dinner two nights and I stayed OP which is big for me because I'm not experienced with eating at restaurants on IP.

My WI had a pretty small loss this week (.6lbs), but I lost some inches and my clothes keep getting looser, so I'm still happy.

Happy Friday, everyone!

stephascope
03-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Happy Friday to you too Kooky! Congrats for staying OP while your friend is in town. My parents are arriving tonight for a 3 day visit. I am supposed to be doing phase 3 while they're here. I'm hoping not to slip too much but no matter what, I'm hitting Phase 1 HARD on Tuesday until April 18 when I am going to phase off properly. My goal will be whatever I am at the end.

Hawaii69
03-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Hey all,

In any event, I'll be here the next few days since shingles are contagious, so I'll be hanging out at home. It's been really interesting reading everyone's responses to their body image that they see. I was talking about this with my coach today (Jason) and he was telling me that there is a class that our center is running next month called Phantom Fat. It's what happens when your brain just can't compute the changes your body has made, and you're left with an emotional and physical disconnect between your actual body size and your mental image.

Hoping I can learn lots so that I will be able to share with any that are interested.

Congratulations on losing 100lbs!! What a milestone! You have done awesome. Look after yourself, get that needed rest. I have heard of a few getting shingles this year. It takes time to heal. And the class on Phantom Fat sounds interesting. I have my days of feeling like I haven't lost anything either, the brain takes time to catch up. So many have mentioned that!