Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/253.4/175

Height: 5'3

Default Excited, Nervous, and Inspired to Start IP

So tonight I was talking to my friend about doing a P90x challenge for the month of October with another friend of mine who is a Beach Body Coach. She then mentioned the IP diet her dad went on and lost 115 lbs and suggested I do it. So here I was, googling it, searching the main IP website, and looking for close clinics nearby. Now what I'm worried about is cost (I read a bit about it on one of the threads here), and the doctor visits (I've always been shy about weight loss no matter who I was around).

I've read such positive reviews here about the IP diet that I'm really wanting to try it, especially if the Dr./Coach will be there.

I've been tempted to do fad diets such as those "Dr. Oz" diets (Pure Green Coffee Extract, Pure Garcinia Cambogia, etc.); but I haven't done it yet for good reason. Today after working a shift at work, i had a strange sensation in my leg as if I pulled something....but I also started thinking, what if my weight is putting more pressure than i thought on my bones.. I NEED and WANT to start this IP program ASAP~!! Besides losing weight for a happier ME, I want to start competing in rodeos again like I used to - but my weight.....definitely won't put me at competition level.

So what I'm really asking I guess is - how comfortable were you meeting your coach for the first time?

I also feel better since the closest coach to me is a female chiropractor.

So Glad that I found this group!
cacowgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #2  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Hey Cacowgirl!

I was also really nervous about meeting my coach for the first time, but she is awesome (also a female chiropractor!). There is nothing to be worried about. The key thing to remember is that now matter what you weight now, you have made a decision to do something about it. Be proud of that!

Good luck!
EssEnKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #3  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacowgirl86 View Post
So tonight I was talking to my friend about doing a P90x challenge for the month of October with another friend of mine who is a Beach Body Coach. She then mentioned the IP diet her dad went on and lost 115 lbs and suggested I do it. So here I was, googling it, searching the main IP website, and looking for close clinics nearby. Now what I'm worried about is cost (I read a bit about it on one of the threads here), and the doctor visits (I've always been shy about weight loss no matter who I was around).

I've read such positive reviews here about the IP diet that I'm really wanting to try it, especially if the Dr./Coach will be there.

I've been tempted to do fad diets such as those "Dr. Oz" diets (Pure Green Coffee Extract, Pure Garcinia Cambogia, etc.); but I haven't done it yet for good reason. Today after working a shift at work, i had a strange sensation in my leg as if I pulled something....but I also started thinking, what if my weight is putting more pressure than i thought on my bones.. I NEED and WANT to start this IP program ASAP~!! Besides losing weight for a happier ME, I want to start competing in rodeos again like I used to - but my weight.....definitely won't put me at competition level.

So what I'm really asking I guess is - how comfortable were you meeting your coach for the first time?

I also feel better since the closest coach to me is a female chiropractor.

So Glad that I found this group!
I'm really excited that you've decided to hop on the IP train! you will not regret it one BIT! I was like you before I started IP so much so that i waited about 8 mo-1 year to begin! It wasn't until I saw 2 of my childhood friends do it and I was sold! I did not go to a clinic because they said it could be done without doing so - it is nice to have that accountability so I use my friend whom i tell my weigh loss to and this forum.

Dont be afraid or nervous to let the chiropractor see your weight - WHY? because you wont be at that weight for much too longer - with IP the pounds start to drop immediately and u just feel lighter and better about yourself - I've never had the problem of clothes being too big for me and now i do - its a great feeling - TAKE THE PLUNGE and rely on this forum for insight, motivation and recipe ideas as well as status updates about your weight

WELCOME!

Oh and if you have a specific question about IP im sure its been asked before - go to google and type your question and put 3fatchicks or ideal protein after your question (Example: "quest bars ideal protein" )
caressme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #4  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

do it. don't look back! it's the easiest weight loss i've ever experienced. 100% worth it.
floridasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

I was TERRIFIED to start IP when I first met with my coach. My stepdad was just starting maintenance after losing 50+lbs., but I knew it would be different for me because I have had so much trouble losing weight in the past. I was most nervous about cutting out all the things that I love (carbs, diet coke, chocolate, yummm), and not being able to stick with it because I'd be missing those things. I can honestly say that the first 2 days were brutal, mostly from carb and sugar detox, but I have been on this for 4 months and have not looked back. I do not have cravings for anything, I am not tempted by others having non-IP foods, and I feel GREAT. Do it - you won't regret it!
amt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

You won't regret it! What you will regret is that you didn't start sooner! So welcome aboard and hang on...your life's about to change for the better!
JaneDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #7  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Welcome, it's a great program
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Glad you are here. This forum is pretty awesome and ere are tons of very experienced men and women here willing to help newbies like me.

Don't worry, it's going to be amazing. Just take the leap.
Docsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/262/150

Height: 5'4"

Do it! I have been on every diet out there, and this program is the first one I have ever been on that I am not climbing the walls and dreading each meal. I will say the first 3 days were uncomfortable for me, as I was detoxing from the sugar, soft drinks, bread, and fatty foods, but I noticed a difference on day four and thereafter. I can honestly say I am not hungry unless it is legitimately time to eat. Just get in there, collect a bunch of recipes to try, do some prep work a couple of times a week such as precooking some of your proteins and chopping up some of your veggies so you won't go through that "I don't feel like cooking" day and be unprepared. Try to get in all your water, that is a MAJOR thing, it will really help with the weight coming off. Come to this forum often for support and ideas. We are all here for each other.

By the way, I went to an information meeting about the program at my OB/GYNs office, and I immediately felt a connection with my nutritionist. She is lively and fun, and she really knows the products and how they work.
mom2sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi Caocowgirl86, welcome to the group and to starting a great diet. I recently switched coaches but not because of not being comfortable with the weigh in. They have seen it all before and do their best to make you feel at ease.
Yesterday with my new coach she said she wanted it "to be like a party". She even opened IP products for me to try.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssEnKay View Post
Hey Cacowgirl!

I was also really nervous about meeting my coach for the first time, but she is awesome (also a female chiropractor!). There is nothing to be worried about. The key thing to remember is that now matter what you weight now, you have made a decision to do something about it. Be proud of that!

Good luck!
HI EssEnKay

We are kind of neighbors. I live in Suffield!! I just thought I would say hi. How long have you been on IP? How do you like it?
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #12  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
HI EssEnKay

We are kind of neighbors. I live in Suffield!! I just thought I would say hi. How long have you been on IP? How do you like it?
Hey I can do anything!

I've been doing IP since January. Lost a good deal at first then fell off and kept gaining losing the same 10 lbs all summer! But I'm back on track - hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow

I love IP. I feel much better on it than I do when I have carbs. Plus, it really works great for me and weight loss!

How long have you been on?

I found quickly that there were some IP foods I loved and other IP foods that I hated! How are you liking it?
EssEnKay is offline   Reply With Quote