Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5'6

Default Looking for a support-a-buddy!

So far I love this forum! So much to look at and so many stories from so many walks of life. It is very interesting however it is a very large community and I am looking for someone that I can maybe check in with daily and get to know. Hoping we can motivate each other and keep each other on track.

I am 28 year old female, married, no kids. I am currently 177 which is about 20lbs above normal for me as I recently quit smoking and packed on pounds! I like to ride my bike and am thinking of calorie counting, gonna start tomorrow.

Let me know if your interested!

Last edited by Samiannie; 06-09-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Samiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/285/220

Height: 5'5"

I'm up for it, if you're still looking for a motivation buddy

BreighRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #3  

I'm up for it too. I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry there's not a lot of info about me.

I've been doing well the last month and I've lost around 5lbs. However I completely lost control the weekend that past and I've put on 6lbs. Than I realized I seriously need help.

I live in Auckland, New Zealand. Married male in a great relationship with 1 child. Unfortunately my wife doesn't quite understand as she eats just as much as I but doesn't put on a pound. I have the willpower but when I have the weak days, I REALLY have weak days and I just need someone to talk me out of it! Please be in contact if you know what I mean.

Chris

Last edited by PudgyFellow; 06-09-2013 at 10:23 PM.
PudgyFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #4  

Sure to both of you! How about we have a daily check to talk about the good and bad things we have done for the day. I don't really know how to work these forums to well yet. I don't know if there is a way to private message. I guess the three of us could use this thread to report daily? Any ideas or thoughts?
Old 06-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #5  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Hey! I'm in too! I'm 22 and in the same ballpark with your height/weight. We can use this thread and I will private message you my email.
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #6  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Oops, never mind. I can't send you a private message yet, I don't think you have enough posts. We can just use this thread until you do.

I had an okay day today. My appetite is not there today as I was a little upset over family issues, so I came in under my calorie goal of 1500. My victory of the day was ordering a salad at a restaurant instead of one of the calorie laden foods I would have normally gotten! How did you guys do today? What are your goals?
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Hi mirax3! What part of MD, are u in? I'm in Bowie.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #8  

Hello PudgyFellow and Mirax3

Personally my day today was pretty good, spent an hour er so exercising. Im doing Weight Watchers and keep falling short on my points. Am hoping to find a way to get healthy points in.
Otherwise my day to day journey is going well.

I have a current mini-goal of 265 by the first of July.

What're your current goals?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!! I like our little support group I think this will be good! We will use this thread and we can all colloberate here.

I official start my lifestyle change tomorrow, however while ordering out at work today I got a salad instead of a huge pasta dish

Mirax you've already lost 68lbs good for you!!! You can be our inspiration! You look great! Sorry that you have family probs right now : (

Bre way to exercise! What kinda exercises do you do? I as thinking of joining ww online, but wasn't sure if it was good or not. 265 no prob you got this girl!!

As for me my current mini goal is to lose 15lbs by my bday on July 19 so I can buy a new dress! Fingers crossed.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #10  

Nice! Plenty of responses already! You know, even seeing this is encouraging.

Since I completely missed out my plans, here it is.

I'm currently weight 209lbs, at 5'8". I started about a year ago at 231lbs. Sorry for the odd numbers but I'm having to convert from kilograms.

I started my weight loss journey with a diet someone at work mentioned to me called Dukan Diet. If you know the diet, you'll know it goes by 4 phases. I started phase 1 and 2 only as I decided it wasn't a good idea to continue it. Phase 1, I lost 13lbs in 2 weeks! I know it was all water weight but I didn't care. I just wanted the numbers to drop. There were some rough patches as I became obsessed as I was weighing myself on a daily basis and if one day I didn't drop, I would get depressed. Plus I'm pretty sure a zero carb diet wasn't healthy. I decided to change and tweak the diet for my own sake. At the end, I was eating brown rice, grilled chicken and broccoli on a daily basis. After 2 months of this, I lost about 11lbs. I was doing a lot of weight training as well, so I didn't expect the weight to just shed right off.

The problem I have now is, I've plateau on my current weight for 6 months now, between eating healthy on weekdays (easy to do coz I'm at work) and binge eating hard over the weekends. For example, I whacked down 3 rounds of full fat combos at Carl's Jr, a combo at McDonalds and 2 Gü desserts.. all on just Saturday. I completely lose myself and I'm starting to think I'm mental. It's like the floodgates had opened and I just couldn't stop.

I promised myself, I will give it to MOST starting now, so baby steps, 11lbs by end of July....

As today is Monday, it's been pretty busy at work so I'm pretty sure I'm way under my current calorie requirements. Still got dinner to go, guess what.. brown rice, broccoli and grilled chook! Hit the bike for 1/2 hour before bed. By the way, do you guys count calorie burn when you're on a exercise machine? if so, how much is your goal burn?

Last edited by PudgyFellow; 06-10-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiannie View Post
Hi everyone!! I like our little support group I think this will be good! We will use this thread and we can all colloberate here.

I official start my lifestyle change tomorrow, however while ordering out at work today I got a salad instead of a huge pasta dish

Mirax you've already lost 68lbs good for you!!! You can be our inspiration! You look great! Sorry that you have family probs right now : (

Bre way to exercise! What kinda exercises do you do? I as thinking of joining ww online, but wasn't sure if it was good or not. 265 no prob you got this girl!!

As for me my current mini goal is to lose 15lbs by my bday on July 19 so I can buy a new dress! Fingers crossed.
Hi Mirax,

All the best on your journey and I sincerely hope we can help each other I am trying out this website, which is free to assist with my calorie count.

wwwdotmyfitnesspaldotcom

If you are going to try it, let me know and I'll add on. It's basically loads of food products and how many calories you need to eat per day in order to reach your goals. However, I presume ladies shouldn't go lower than 1500 per day for your own sakes
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #12  

That is the difficult part; making the change but you can do it!
Just be sure to stay away from heavy amounts of white and yellow foods..I have a weakness for them myself
But as for exercise I used to do Zumba (but seeing as gas is 4.25 a gallon, i don't have the extra cash to go) so instead I either do Wii-Fit or Just Dance in the comfort of my living room.
I try to focus (since this is the beginning of my journey) on doing yoga or different exercises on the Wii-Fit to help with flexibility/balance/control. Then a few weeks into it I'll change it up and do the more difficult exercises. But of course that's just one approach.
Personally I don't waste my time or money with the "real deal" of Weight watchers. There are plenty of websites online that have the distract conversion calculator and as long as you can google the chart to know how many points you need, you're set. but then again some people have the preference.
The best part of weightwatchers is the 'you can eat anything' aspect. No food is off limits and if you want that extra large piece of cake. Then eat it just know the point value

Girl you got this is the bag! That dress will be yours in no time!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #13  

If any of you are looking for a new breakfast idea do try, try a Breakfast Parfait.
Of course breakfast parfaits come in many different fruits and flavors but this one involves:
Applesauce, cottage cheese and mandarin orange slices.

You take:
1/2 cup of cottage cheese and put it at the bottom of a small bowl
Add 1/4cup of applesauce (sweetened or unsweetened shouldn't matter. With the amount you're using it should be the same WW point value). Place applesauce on top of the cottage cheese.
Then take 9 madarin orange slices and place on top.

Its a nice little heathly parfait
If tracking WW points its only 4points.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #14  

Good Day Everyone!

I love the response here its really encouraging!

Hey Pudgy I hear ya on having a spouse that can eat whatever and have no clue how you are feel about your weight! My hubby eats burgers and fries everyday and loses weight from chewing his food. Makes it really hard cause he is very picky about food so there will always be bad food available in my house so it is all about the all mighty And binge eating junk food is all to familiar once I start I just keep going. But together we can do this. 11lbs by the end of July no prob just stay focused on the goal.

Great breakfast idea Bre! Sounds Good I think I will try it. Ya I don't think I will pay for weight watchers I found all the points charts. I am gonna download myfitnesspal app too, I found calorie counting worked for me before. I love playing dance central for xbox kniects such a fun way to work out, but usually my husband is here as he works from home so I can't really do it. I try To bike ride and elliptical but have had no motivation at all lately.

Well hope everyone has a productive day! Hope to hear from about it later!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #15  

Sounds like you got it all planned out.
As for dancing and not bothering your husband, is there at least once or twice a week where you could do itm? Like make plans to where he will either be out of the house or willing to join you?
Oh elipticals are my favourite
When doing the eliptical either watch tv or listen to music. If helps you keep your mind occupied so you're not focused on exercise. That's what I love when I'm at the gym at school, every stationary machine that focuses on legs has a television. I Went to eliptical for 2 miles once and was in the middle of a movie and Went about another halfmile just to finish or xD

Also, I printed out a food/points/flex point sheet....Thought I'd see if you guys would be interested in using it?