Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Ugh. Where is the reset button?!

Well, I've been having carbs for the last few days in social settings (DH made a lasagna last night for a few friends we had over)- and I'm feeling YUCK. This morning I got up 5 minutes before I had to leave for work, which hasn't happened for months.

Of course I'm insanely bloated and feel almost hungover a bit- and I didn't even have any alcohol last night. I'm beginning to think that wheat and my body seriously don't get along.

So how would you go about "resetting" after a rough weekend? How would you cleanse yourself?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

You too huh? My approach is to treat today exactly like what is; a brand new day. In the past, I would always super restrict myself or have super long workouts to 'undo' the damage I felt I'd done but that's just a short-term solution to a long- term problem.
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #3  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

When I have one of those yucky days I pound water and eat only unprocessed foods. By the afternoon I usually feel a little better.

Last edited by PreciousMissy; 03-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
When I have one of those yucky days I pound water and eat only unprocessed foods. By the afternoon I usually feel a little better.

ditto although sometimes it takes longer than that for me. But I definitely eat clean, don't push too hard physically, and then I feel better again.

And I try to remain very conscious about how eating that way makes me feel. It goes so far beyond weight loss considerations. I am not saying I won't ever eat carb heavy food like that again, but when I do, I have to ask myself whether it's going to be worth feeling like that. And the answer can be yes, sometimes it seems worth it, but at least I am making that choice ahead of time.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree with others on pounding the water. Flush those bad carbs out of you!
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #6  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I am going through a rut lately where I'm stuck at the same weight for a few weeks. Its not a plateau, because I know I've let myself slip a little bit. I am on a low carb, Atkins-like diet, and for the most part I stay on plan. But lately I have found myself reverting to my old habits of eating late at night, and during this time I am eating larger quantities and more often.

I know that I can get back on track by just cutting out the late night eating, but I want to do something extra to see some movement on the scale - in the downward direction for a change. I am going to do the induction stage for 3 to 4 days and eat nothing but protein and a little fiber for that time. Hopefully, I will be able to lose at least a few pounds and get below 290, because I've been stuck at about 294 to 296 for too long. Once I get below 290, I am going to go back to my normal routine and get rid of the snacks that I was allowing myself to have. Unfortunately, even though they were on my plan, there are certain things I cannot keep myself from eating too much of. Almonds, cheese and low carb ice cream are the main culprits. I think they are too dangerous to be kept around!

Last edited by joefla70; 03-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #7  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

I second or third what everyone else is saying.......lots of water, veggies, fruits (if that's in your plan), nothing processed. Maybe a nice big salad for lunch with a lean protein on the side. You're doing great Lunar!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #8  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

When I eat carbs, either accidentally or as a moment of weakness I just work out a bit harder then usual. The glycogen the gets stored away in muscle tissue gets released and I always drink a lot of water so I don't think that I drink any more then usual. Generally I eat at the lower end of carbs 50g or less a day so if I know I'm going to be tempted by carbs I make sure and vigilantly cont my cals so I don't over do it on energy in.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #9  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Well, it's not even noon and I've done 64 ounces of water. Yay. LOL. I'm floating away. Here is a random picture for you:

Did I mention I have an official WI today? LOL. I've already consumed 4 pounds of water weight and I was already up 4.5 pounds since my Saturday WI. They are going to be like, "DEANNA- WHAT DID YOU DO?!" LOL. Oh well.

I had greek yogurt and an apple for breakfast. I feel like salmon nigiri and grapes for lunch.

Isn't that weird? I was craving grapes. I looked them up- and apparently they are a crazy awesome detoxifying food.

Oh- I'm also going to have some kombucha when I get home and then hit the gym for an hour. For dinner I think I will make salmon with a brown butter buerre blanc sauce with asparagus and cauliflower. And then I'm going to take a detox bath.

And wouldn't you believe that I googled the detoxifying benefits of salmon and found this: "Vitamins are an essential component of the detoxification process. By helping to rid the body of toxins, some vitamins can enhance a detox regimen. According to VitalChoice.com, salmon is rich in B vitamins, which are responsible for breaking down and removing dangerous toxins from the body. Just one serving of wild salmon provides 4 mcg to 7 mcg of vitamin B-12."

Oh- there is more, "Cauliflower makes our list of top detox foods because it is a cruciferous vegetable (a family that includes broccoli, cabbage and bok choy) that is high in phytochemicals called glucosinolates. These chemicals are broken down in the intestines to isothiocynates and indole-3-carbinol, compounds which regulate the body’s detoxification enzymes and protect against cancer."

"Asparagus has 288 milligrams of potassium per cup. Potassium is known for reducing belly fat (see belly fat link below). It also contains 3 grams of fiber which cleanses the digestive system. It has virtually no natural sodium so no bloating during PMS, has no fat or cholesterol, and one cup has only 40 calories. According to a clinical dietician at UCLA Medical Center, asparagus in the ultimate in detox vegetables."

And I picked out my meals before doing ANY research. HOLY GEEZE...I think...I think my body is smarter then me!! But I think I might have always known that.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 03-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #10  
There I am!

Haha, Lunar strap on your PFD so you don't float away girl I just got back from the grocery store and bought salmon and asparagus for dinner tonite. Great minds think alike! But mine won't have that yummy sounding brown butter sauce like yours. I need to come to your house.
When we have cauliflower our favorite way to make it is roasted in the oven...or mashed. Yum! I would have bought some if it was on sale. It was slim pickings today, they need to restock their produce.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I don't know how to fit it in but cranberries are good detoxifying little things. I used to drink alot of the juice but it has loads of sugar. They make a pill for a cranberry flush now. It works the kidneys and is good for urinary tract health.

Last edited by Thinforme; 03-12-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #12  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
Haha, Lunar strap on your PFD so you don't float away girl I just got back from the grocery store and bought salmon and asparagus for dinner tonite. Great minds think alike! But mine won't have that yummy sounding brown butter sauce like yours. I need to come to your house.
When we have cauliflower our favorite way to make it is roasted in the oven...or mashed. Yum! I would have bought some if it was on sale. It was slim pickings today, they need to restock their produce.
I like cauliflower made those ways too. Ever try "riced" cauliflower? Its basically grated cauliflower. I use that as a sub for rice. I used to go to the trouble to do that and only buy fresh cauliflower. Now I just keep my freezer stocked with bags of frozen cauliflower and nuke in the microwave for about 10 minutes. I then chop it up and add it to dishes like Chicken Tikka Masala as the sub for rice.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #13  
There I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I like cauliflower made those ways too. Ever try "riced" cauliflower? Its basically grated cauliflower. I use that as a sub for rice. I used to go to the trouble to do that and only buy fresh cauliflower. Now I just keep my freezer stocked with bags of frozen cauliflower and nuke in the microwave for about 10 minutes. I then chop it up and add it to dishes like Chicken Tikka Masala as the sub for rice.
No, I have never riced it before, always sounded like a lot of work I guess chopping it would be close enough and a lot easier, I'll have to try it. I bet it would be good with stir fry or lo mein too. I wonder if I could make my favorite "fried rice" with it? May have to try it.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #14  
eyes made for crying

S/C/G: 160/155/125

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinforme View Post
I don't know how to fit it in but cranberries are good detoxifying little things. I used to drink alot of the juice but it has loads of sugar. They make a pill for a cranberry flush now. It works the kidneys and is good for urinary tract health.

I used to drink a lot of juices but juices especially 100% cranberry can have upwards of 140 cals per 8 oz serving. I have digestive and bladder problems so sometimes it's not always easy for me to go even though I've drank a ton of water, but what I do sometimes is take a few cranberry capsules (you can get them at like walmart in the vitamin aisle for like $3), a dieuretic and tons of water to get my system moving. Apple cider vinegar is awesome as well but I would be careful taking it if you have diabetes
seized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Seized- I loved cranberry juice up until the diagnosed me as prediabetic. I have awful kidneys prone to nasty infections so thats how I found the capsules. The juice has SO much sugar even the diet ones because cranberries are naturally bitter. I've never tried vinegar. I don't know about full blown diabetes in regard to the cranberries though never researched that.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote