Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:41 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of April 28

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hottie, I hear ya, and you're so right about not substituting something we really don't want, when we have a craving! My worst problem is late night eating, though, and I still can't keep certain foods in the house or I'll just grab them mindlessly at night. If I just have apples and such around, then at least I don't do as much damage. I'm hoping someday not to have ANY red light foods, but it may take a while!

Nascar Girl, WTG on getting back into those twelves!! That's great! I'll bet you're enjoying those compliments ... you earned them, too!

Bandit, hope you enjoyed that birthday dinner this weekend!

Had a nice quiet weekend visiting with my sister and watching movies together. She goes back to Arizona today, darn it ... but she IS seriously thinking about moving back to Texas, which would be terrific! DH and I took a long walk at the ranch early Sunday morning (DS doesn't wake up until late morning) which was a lot of fun. We saw wild turkeys, and there are wild grapes and agarita berries growing. The cactus flowers are starting to bloom. Lovely!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Had a great time at bd dinner on weekend. Stayed pretty much within my range with banking some points beforehand.

Janetmae - sounds like you had a nice time with your sister. I lost my sister 5 years ago & really miss doing things with her. Nice to have those relationships in our lives.

Anyway, your place sounds nice & peaceful. My bf place is in the country on a couple of acres with a pond, and I find it relaxing walking around and enjoying the wildlife.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:57 PM   #3  
Inchworm

Happy new week to all! We've had a busy weekend. dh's brother and wife are visiting from out of state. we've been having a reunion with his other 2 brothers as well. Lots of tall tales and memories when all 4 get together!! What fun! but not good for staying OP but not too bad. They love to walk, we took a nice walk this morning.

I got the report regarding my echocardiogram to check phen phen damage. and wouldn't you know!! there is some damage, it shows moderate mitral regurgitation aka leaky valve...so have an appt with a cardiologist next week to see how significant it is.

I have become 'team captain' for a *Relay for Life*, which will be held the end of May. I made a pitch in church yesterday for team members and support, had a fantastic response!
In case you don't know...Relay for Life is a 24 hr relay to raise community awareness to cancer as well as raising funds for research. Strange things have happened in my house the past cupla weeks. I KNOW that sister who lost her battle with Cancer earlier this year, wants me to be involved in this!
It will be a great time! The relay is at a local high school and each team sets up little campsites for the 24 hrs.
It will get me to walking every day to be ready to walk in the relay. Even my dgd is going to walk with one of her friends.

have a great week!

Last edited by gmalil; 04-28-2003 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:16 AM   #4  

Hi Bandit! Way to go, banking points for your bd dinner! I am so sorry to hear that you lost your sister; I know you must miss her. I'll bet she would be very proud of you now, making such healthy changes in your life!

JOYce, I didn't know you had phen-phen troubles; sure hope the tests show that it is minor. Good for you, spearheading a Relay for Life team! We have done that here too, and I've helped with my church's team. (We won best campsite one year!) We had rocking chairs in the center of the field for people who couldn't walk, but wanted to participate. It was a lot of fun, and we raised quite a bit of money. Good luck! I know with you in charge, it will all go perfectly!

Gotta run; am heading to San Antonio right after work (at noon) to help with a workshop. I'm fighting the iron monster right now, he's inched up a bit, so I'll have to get more strict with program and get back down to goal. I didn't journal when my sister was here, and I probably had too many points in "mindless" tv-watching eating. (We had a movie marathon! Fun, but not points-burning!) DH packed me a healthful lunch, so I should do OK today. One day at a time!

Old 04-29-2003, 12:41 PM   #5  
Inchworm

Good morning
Company is gone, I just got back from the airport...so back to normal, what ever that is!!

JAN I didn't know I had problems either, I just registered in the 'phen phen case' at the insistance of dh. I took the phen phen for 4 months back in 96. (THAT WAS THE REAL PROBLEM!!) lost a few pounds, but put it all back on.
How nice for your dh to fix you a healthy lunch for your busy day!
I LOVE the idea of rocking chairs at the relay!! I will check into that! One of our survivors signed up said she wasn't sure how much she could walk.... the chairs would be a great solution!

Must get a roster together and get over to the Cancer office to get registered.
ttyl
have a great OP day!!
Old 04-30-2003, 02:11 PM   #6  

Thumbs up

Hi everyone! Well went to WI on Monday and was up 3 pounds Last week everyone in the class was complaining saying the scales must be off because everyone lost several pounds. Well this week everyone gained! So something might have been up with the scales. Anyway, I'm not gonna threat over it, I know I didn't pig out even though my dh gave me a surprise bday party last saturday night. It was nice! I did lots of work in the yard, push mowing ,planting flowers, weeding fower beds,plus it was TOM; so I think I probably really just maintained. We will see what next week brings.

Old 04-30-2003, 03:44 PM   #7  
Inchworm

NASCAR! It MUST be the scales! hope they get that fixed soon!
At our WW center, girls are sure that one scale weighs a bit heavier then the other. Staff assures us that they are regulated regularly.
Have a better week!
Old 04-30-2003, 04:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Nascar - I agree, maybe it was the scales. It will be OK next time.

Have a great evening, everyone.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:54 AM   #9  

JOYce, glad things are back to "normal," but knowing your busy life, I'm sure you're still going 90 miles an hour!!

Nascar Girl, how sweet of your DH to give you a surprise birthday party!! And Happy Belated Birthday too! Re: the scales, it's so smart of you not to obsess over that; sounds like they were off, which has been known to happen. Just keep on keepin' on, and the numbers will go down!

Hi Bandit! Hope you're having a great week.

April was not good for me. Started May with a fresh attitude, and have set a goal to do my lifetimer WI in May well within my limit. Longer-term goal is to reach the next "kerchunk" (150) by our vacation, June 14, when we go to Maine & Quebec. That's 45 days (6+ weeks) to lose ten pounds, as I'm 3 above my limit right now, more than I've ever been in nearly two years on maintenance. Gotta nip this in the bud, to use a cliche. That's about 1.5 pounds a week. I can do this. I WILL do this! Y'all send good vibes my way, okay? (I truly believe that helps, y'know!)

Take care, and let's hear from some of our awol friends soon, okay? We miss you!
Old 05-01-2003, 11:12 AM   #10  
Inchworm

Just a quick note before I go AWOL again.
Going North to see my MOM and sis for the weekend, we hope to raise some Cancer funds at a Beanie sale on Saturday. Hoping it won't rain.
So next time I post will be on the next thread.

JAN, I can't imagine you with an attitude! but guess the 3 pounds over would cause that. You have done such a great job in your battle with the weight! You ARE our leader!
Maine and Quebec sounds wonderful! I love New England, that has been my favorite trip I think.

'See you" next week!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:29 PM   #11  

JOYce, have a great trip! How good of you to raise funds for cancer research; people like you are the backbone of our country. And thanks so much for the encouragement. It really helps!
Old 05-04-2003, 12:16 AM   #12  
Inchworm

Thank YOU JAN, for YOUR encouragement.
My trip was a rain out, but had nice visit with Mother and got some things done for her and gained a few pounds
I'll have my beanie sale here next weekend. It will be great!
I came home early because the storm is only supposed to get worse tomorrow.
Closed Thread