Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #1  

Default Craving and binging

I'm having a hard time controlling my cravings. I try to keep bad things out of the house, one of my weaknesses is pastries. I love cinnamon rolls, cake, donuts, cupcakes, you name it, that's the kind of stuff I like. I do not keep these things at home. I try to keep relatively healthy things at home. I do really well during the work week as it keeps me busy.

I like to treat myself on the weekends and try not to overdo it, but lately I've been struggling with the cravings really bad. Yesterday we went shopping and I wanted some donettes, but I decided not to do it. There are so many calories in those little things!

Well, I've been trying to feed that craving ever since, and I'm pretty sure I've eaten more calories then they would have cost me if I had just gone ahead and gotten them. I'ts like, I can do wonderful for a week, eat all healthy, good for you foods-and then I snap. I have to have the bad stuff, and if I push off getting it, I just eat more and more and more trying to fill that craving.

Anyone else go through that? Anyone have any suggestions to help solve the issue? I keep dark chocolate on hand, and have eaten several pieces to try to help, but it's just not working.

Last edited by shellbeme; 11-11-2012 at 09:02 PM.
shellbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

I overcame my binge problem in small doses. First I switched to frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. But still complete with the brownie flavors and carmel chunks, etc. It was still delicious but cut some calories. Then I moved down to the smaller pints at home, then to "better" flavors. Finally I only bought it when an actual craving hit or special occasion. Other people could have their regular dessert but I would bring my single serving of frozen yogurt.

Staying completely away from our binge foods doesn't work - as you've posted. You end up eating more.

If you like cupcakes and the sort look up the garbanzo bean brownie recipe. It tastes and feels (texture) like a regular chocolate brownie but you'll be saving yourself soooo many calories.

Small steps towards success!!
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

I agree that staying away from our favourite foods doesn't work.

What works for me is incorporating what I really want into my diet.

Everyday, I allow myself one sweet indulgence with my coffee. Lately, it's been one cupcake. I feel satisfied, I don't feel deprived, and I don't binge.

Also, I don't eat out that often, so when I do, I will indulge and not feel guilty about it a la those donettes you were talking about. If I don't go to the mall that often, than I'm going to have them and not feel bad.

For me, if I deprive myself, than when I actually eat it, I devour that and everything else in sight.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #4  

Thank you both, I'm going to take some of your suggestions, and I'm definantly going to try those brownies!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

You know reading this reminded me of a chart I saw somewhere on the internet. It showed how if you were craving something it meant your body needed something else and told you what it was and what to eat to correct it. I don't know if it is correct or not but it might be interesting to look at. Has anyone else heard of what I am talking about? I am going to see if I can find it.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Here is the addy to one chart, I hope it is ok to post it.
http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
Here is the addy to one chart, I hope it is ok to post it.

Bookmarked this one, thank you I'm going to try to follow the chart and see if it works.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Tonight I'm starting my 'back on track" goals, which means I'm done eating for the night. It's almost 11pm and I don't want to be awake with an upset tummy if I give into a craving. Instead, I want to be able to wake up for my morning workout.

I'm not sure what to do about these night cravings - anyone have any advice?

I've already had my evening snack (a grapefruit), some tea, and some water. Why won't my stomach and brain shut off?

Last edited by coffeeshopgirl; 11-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote