Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

Default A week without bingeing

In the last month I've gotten into the habit of bingeing 1 to 2 times a week. I can't seem to go a week without having a massive binge and because of it my weight has been bouncing up and down between 66 and 68 kilos and I'm not really losing weight. I'm also starting to get painful stomach problems from it.

I've decided to just go a week without bingeing, which is until next Tuesday. I think I need a small achievable goal and somewhere to post about it. I really want to give it up for good and never do it again, but what I'm currently doing is not working.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #2  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

keep us posted on how youre doing!! and good luck. you deserve better, you are beautiful, strong and determined. hugs!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

A week is a great goal!
I'm very much in the same boat as you right now, so I completely understand where you're coming from and how hard it is.
Good luck, and keep us all posted!!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #4  

stimkovs: Aww thankyou. I think I might do a daily update to help me stay on track.

mottainai: Thanks! I've been trying to go a month without binge eating, but I think it's too long, and I'm an instant gratification kinda person. I figured a week is doable.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Good luck!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #6  

I think that's great, Amy. How are you doing so far? I'm really right there with you!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #7  

It's the end of day one and I've managed to not binge so far. I've got these massive cravings at the moment and they're driving me crazy. I don't think I planned my meals out very well today, which is causing the cravings. I normally have a larger dinner (500 - 600 calories) which helps prevent cravings at night, but today I planned my diet out so that I only had a 300 calorie dinner. I ended up going over, and having a blueberry yogurt for desert to help curb the cravings. I'll go to bed soon, I'll update again tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #8  

Good job on the first day! Cravings are so tough, but you can do it!
I really think it's helpful to, when you need to, totally let go of the diet mindset and concentrate just on the fact that you're not binging. Even you if have to compromise on eating at a deficit, don't let it get to you, as hard as it is. Because ultimately, there is nothing going to be better for weight-loss than eliminating binge eating behavior, right? (:
Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #9  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I think that is an awesome goal and I have joined in on it! Weekends tend to be my downfall, so I'm going to make sure I do not binge after all the hard work I do during the week!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #10  

mottainai: Thanks! Last night the cravings were just getting worse and worse, so I quickly rushed off to bed. I think that saved me. I think I only went 133 calories over, so that's not too bad. I definitely agree with on eliminating binge eating behaviour. I think I could easily lose and maintain my goal weight if I could stop, just stopping is what's most important at this stage. How have you been going lately?

Pink Hurricane: The more the merrier I reckon . I'm not too bad with weekends as long as I'm not doing anything. Lately however I've been so busy! I've got a camping trip coming up this weekend so that's going to be my biggest challenge.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #11  

Amy- great job sleeping instead of binging!! (:
I'm still doing fine, as well. Had an anxiety moment I would have normally binged for sure, but as I had no money and couldn't, I had no choice but to cope and go on! It was surprisingly easy, actually, lol. Gives me hope yet!
Keep up the great work!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #12  

mottainai - I'm sort of attempted to write up my own list of enabling behaviours I have, see if that helps me prevent any future binges. I'm glad that you're going so well.

For my daily update - I went well today. No binge cravings which made it much easier unlike last night. I think that when I have smaller meals during the day, with a larger dinner, I seem to be more successful.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #13  

That's awesome that you've identified some enabling behaviors! I swear, that just helped me so much, lol. Care to share?

I also have the majority of my food at dinner. Works best for me that way for sure. Glad you're doing well still!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #14  

mottainai: I think daily weigh ins have been enabling my behaviour. If I've lost more weight than expected, I reward myself with a binge, if I haven't lost weight, or even gained weight, I get disappointed and binge. I find that I'll use any excuse to binge, so I think giving the scale a break would remove those excuses. I've also stopped buying Milo. I used to tell myself that it was ok to have just one cup a day since it's fortified with iron, which I've had problems with in the past. I can go most days without binging on the stuff, but when I lose control, I turn to it and eat massive amounts of it. The most important thing though, is that I need to keep up with my university assignments, as they seem to be the main source of stress. I leave everything to the last minute, and this just stresses me out really badly. I've also gotten to the point where I'm starting to fail, and I'm really worried about getting kicked out of the course. This behaviour will be the most challenging to change.

Daily update - No binge urges again. I'm actually quite surprised, as I had to drop out of a camping trip that I had been looking forward to for ages. I have to resubmit an assignment, and I decided that I couldn't afford the time off. Plus my parents talked me out of going, which I think is for the best. On the plus side, sticking to healthy eating will be much easier over the weekend.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #15  

That's a great realization about the scale! I actually just saw your post on the other board. I just recently stopped using the scale as well. I was just like you, no kidding! If I lost weight, I felt good enough to deserve a binge. If it stayed the same for a few days, I felt like no matter what I did I wasn't losing so might as well binge. It's crazy how we can justify it any way. Anyway, I haven't weighed for nearly a week now, and I'm really liking it. I've removed those triggers, plus I do know that the number on the scale isn't actually all that helpful as a weight/fat loss indicator anyway, not as much as, say, clothing fit, so I feel pretty good about it. I hope it gives you some positive effect as well!

I don't know what Milo is. Never heard of it! But if it's causing binges, I think it is probably fine to stop buying it. And I totally hear you on the uni work. It stresses me out so much too. I actually have an exam today in a class that I haven't done much work for, since it's an online course and I am a very very un-motivated student, lol, so I'm stressed about actually having to study for it. Usually I definitely would use binge eating to calm me down....after I binge myself into like a happy stupor I don't mind studying so much! But today, I'm just gonna have to suck it up and deal!

Sorry for writing so much, don't mean to hijack your thread, but it sounds like we've got lots in common and some common goals. (: Awesome job so far today not letting the small things get to you!! Weekends are much easier for me as well. Let's just get through the rest of the week together!