Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 09/18/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-18-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Only 2 pounds this week. but 2 is better than 0.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning.

It's raining here in Georgia. Glad I'm still working at home. I hate getting out in the dark, in the rain to commute 35 miles to work.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Molly
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Incredible total loss..and 2 more in the right direction!
Might need to change your name to 'Not-so' Big Daddy...
Congratulations!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaad23 View Post
Incredible total loss..and 2 more in the right direction!
Might need to change your name to 'Not-so' Big Daddy...
Congratulations!
thank you!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #6  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Big Daddy - 2 lbs is good! Congrats You are having fantastic results on IP!

Rainy & cool in northern MI this week; in fact, down to freezing temps for tonight! Fall colors have a good start already. We'll finish picking the garden produce tonight (except for VIPs watermelons - those will be covered for protection). This is the time of year to start cooking 'comfort' food, and have to adjust my thinking as to what my comfort foods will be from now on! Should be able to come up with a good IP chili recipe.

Was hoping to be on P3 by mid-October when my son gets married, but it's looking like it will still be P1. My losses have nearly come to a stand-still in the last month. WI is Thursday (I go every 2 weeks)...looking for a visit from the Whoosh Fairy! Am going to really push the water until then. Wondering if I'm having too many 'extras' the last few weeks...some WF products, soy cheese, made some recipes that needed Splenda, etc. I had used these things sparingly before, but a little more often now. Will cut back on or stop using them altogether to see if it helps.

Did have some nice NSVs (also posted in the Fab 50 thread) yesterday! Went to my previous work place to drop off some work to be done for this job. Haven't been there since early July - got lots of kudos & hugs and 'OMGs' re: how much I've lost! It felt really good Then went to Walmart to get a smaller belt and a couple pair of slacks - got size 10s!!! Woo-hoo!!!! And lastly, saw my doc and he was thrilled on how I've done on IP! He said I've lost 50 lbs in the last 6 months per their records!!!! Wow. Just wow...

Have a great OP day & drink your water!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning fellow IPers!

Been several days since I have been on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I am down again...LOVE IP! I was in a slump according to my coach as I was only losing a pound a week. So we finally started me on walking for exercise (haven't done ANY since I started in May) and took out my sugar substitute from my teas. That was tough but last week I was down 2.2 so it seems to be working. Either way it is the healthier choice.

So close to onderland now. SO EXCITED!

Have vacation in a month so nervous about that but I am confident that I can do this. My coach said that I can have my wine or small cheats but the next day 100% OP. I really don't think I will cheat that much. Just looking forward to getting away from work. Normally on vacations I was looking forward to all the foods i got to eat. Not this year...plus DH said he wants to do some hiking. SWEET! I have never done anything like that before. He is on his feet all day and the last thing he wants is to walk/hike on vacation.

Definitely starting to see the new me. I actually window shopped the other day and the 14s were a little too lose. NICE!!! I haven't been in a 14 (I am now) since 6th grade (over 30 yrs ago). DH has always been extremely affectionate towards me on a daily basis but even more so now that I am getting tired of it. LOL Who would have thought that would happen? He reminds me every day how great I look, how proud he is of me and that he loves me more than anything no matter what size I am. I was huge at my wedding and when dating so when I started really losing I was thinking in the back of my mind that he would pull away as I did not look like the person he has been with for 20 years. God, I love him so much. I am truly blessed to have him in my life to guide and support me in this life long war.

Hope everyone has an AWESOME OP day.

Time to sneak out of work and go for a walk.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning!

Congratulations on the loss Big Daddy...the others are right 2 pounds is 2 pounds!

Greeniris...I think the NSV are awesome!!! Way to go!

Today is my first WI, at 12:30 this afternoon. I have all kinds of strange feelings going on..I am excited, nervous, curious....all rolled into one. I know I have lost some, but not exactly sure how much. I am going to wear the same clothes I wore last time. I am really excited to see how much my husband has lost. He has done a stellar job this week and I can see the loss in his belly and his face. A NSV for him, that I must share because I am so proud of him...he has always been a huge diet soda drinker...at one time he was drinking over 2 liters a day, I did get him to cut back some, but I think about a month ago he really started having more and more. He rarely drinks anything else..maybe one cup of coffee in the morning...zero water. Well this week he has drank all of his water and then some and only had 2 small bottles of diet soda each day. That is huge for him!!! I am so proud of him. I have done something similar with coffee...I was drinking 4-6 cups a day, with heavy cream. This past week I have only had one cup each morning with 1 oz of the RTD vanilla shake. In the afternoons or evenings I have had one cup of decaf coffee or an herbal tea. On Saturday my allergies were totally kicking my butt and I had a sore throat, that day I had an extra cup of hot tea to soothe my throat.

So it is all these little baby steps, but for us they are huge leaps in the right direction to getting our weight and health back on track. I will post this afternoon what my loss is for this first week.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the losses!

mommahen - good luck today! Hope you have a great weigh in.

It's raining here too and all I want to do is crawl back into bed. But I got up, put on one of my new, cute dresses, and hauled my butt into work. Lots to do today, then weigh in tonight. Now if only I could get rid of this rain headache...
Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I'll take the 2 pounds if you don't want them.
You're doing great BTW!

Happy Tuesday everyone. The sun is out and it's suppose to be the mid 80's here today. A perfect day. Make it a good IP 100% day.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 09-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #11  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats Big Daddy!

Raining in Easter PA also - but not too cold. I have a WI today and I'm a bit nervouse - had an issue with my food this weekend. I went on a trip (into no mans land) for a party we were throwing for my mom and dad's 50th and I had everything packed and in the back of my hubbies truck (mine was packed!) Well, when we got there ( 1 1/2 hours away) there was no cooler .. which meant NO IP food, no extra water, no supplements ... etc. Had to try and make it through a party with TONS of no-no foods and stay OP. I think I did "ok" but there weren't any veggies around! Also - I don't think deviled eggs are OP LOL! Either way - felt like crap on Sunday and guess what - the food cooler was there the WHOLE time!!! It got lost in the shuffle. SO we'll so how it goes today ... wish me luck!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #12  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Today was my second weigh-in, lost 3.2. I heard a great thing from my coach today - she just got back from convention and was talking about some new products they are coming out with, including a rice krispies type snack and also ready-made puddings! Looking forward to seeing the new items!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Hello everyone!

So many people I don't remember from when I started on this site! Its been a while since I've posted regularly and all. But I've been trying to restart and have been lurking to find some motivation.

Help please?

Lost 40lbs, got to 199 and then life got weird and I've been fluctuating between 200 and 209. I can last 2 100% OP meals, and then something happens at the end of the day that ruins it all. So, some help would be very much appreciated!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #14  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! A small NSV for me today is I put my warmer coat on today for the first time, the coat that I couldn't button comfortably since the day I bought it 3 yrs ago, and today it fits - comfortably!

My coworkers and I are giving a baby shower at an italian restaurant today for lunch. I LOVE italian food, but will be enjoying my salad with grilled shrimp, chicken and asparagus while others indulge. It's really been ok to be around the foods that are not permitted, and I'm still amazed the temptations don't bother me. I make my girls 3 meals a day, so am handling food regularly, and in some way I think it actually helps to be exposed to it.

Next week it's a going away lunch for a co-worker at a mexican restaurant - the fajita salad sounds great, so I'm in!

Quote:
2 lbs. is awesome. The closer you get to goal, your losses will become smaller. Look at the loss as a percentage of your total weight, and you'll see it's really more consistent than you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Did have some nice NSVs (also posted in the Fab 50 thread) yesterday! Went to my previous work place to drop off some work to be done for this job. Haven't been there since early July - got lots of kudos & hugs and 'OMGs' re: how much I've lost! It felt really good Then went to Walmart to get a smaller belt and a couple pair of slacks - got size 10s!!! Woo-hoo!!!! And lastly, saw my doc and he was thrilled on how I've done on IP! He said I've lost 50 lbs in the last 6 months per their records!!!! Wow. Just wow...

Have a great OP day & drink your water!!!!
Congrats on the NSVs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good morning fellow IPers!

Been several days since I have been on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I am down again...LOVE IP! I was in a slump according to my coach as I was only losing a pound a week. So we finally started me on walking for exercise (haven't done ANY since I started in May) and took out my sugar substitute from my teas. That was tough but last week I was down 2.2 so it seems to be working. Either way it is the healthier choice.

So close to onderland now. SO EXCITED!

Have vacation in a month so nervous about that but I am confident that I can do this. My coach said that I can have my wine or small cheats but the next day 100% OP. I really don't think I will cheat that much. Just looking forward to getting away from work. Normally on vacations I was looking forward to all the foods i got to eat. Not this year...plus DH said he wants to do some hiking. SWEET! I have never done anything like that before. He is on his feet all day and the last thing he wants is to walk/hike on vacation.

Definitely starting to see the new me. I actually window shopped the other day and the 14s were a little too lose. NICE!!! I haven't been in a 14 (I am now) since 6th grade (over 30 yrs ago). DH has always been extremely affectionate towards me on a daily basis but even more so now that I am getting tired of it. LOL Who would have thought that would happen? He reminds me every day how great I look, how proud he is of me and that he loves me more than anything no matter what size I am. I was huge at my wedding and when dating so when I started really losing I was thinking in the back of my mind that he would pull away as I did not look like the person he has been with for 20 years. God, I love him so much. I am truly blessed to have him in my life to guide and support me in this life long war.

Hope everyone has an AWESOME OP day.

Time to sneak out of work and go for a walk.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Congrats on your continued success - you're rocking it! Have fun on your vacation - you'll do great. Your DH sounds awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post

Today is my first WI, at 12:30 this afternoon. I have all kinds of strange feelings going on..I am excited, nervous, curious....all rolled into one. I know I have lost some, but not exactly sure how much. I am going to wear the same clothes I wore last time. I am really excited to see how much my husband has lost. He has done a stellar job this week and I can see the loss in his belly and his face. A NSV for him, that I must share because I am so proud of him...he has always been a huge diet soda drinker...at one time he was drinking over 2 liters a day, I did get him to cut back some, but I think about a month ago he really started having more and more. He rarely drinks anything else..maybe one cup of coffee in the morning...zero water. Well this week he has drank all of his water and then some and only had 2 small bottles of diet soda each day. That is huge for him!!! I am so proud of him. I have done something similar with coffee...I was drinking 4-6 cups a day, with heavy cream. This past week I have only had one cup each morning with 1 oz of the RTD vanilla shake. In the afternoons or evenings I have had one cup of decaf coffee or an herbal tea. On Saturday my allergies were totally kicking my butt and I had a sore throat, that day I had an extra cup of hot tea to soothe my throat.

So it is all these little baby steps, but for us they are huge leaps in the right direction to getting our weight and health back on track. I will post this afternoon what my loss is for this first week.
You and your husband are really embracing this program. Stick with it and you'll be amazed. Good luck with your WI today!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Hello everyone!

So many people I don't remember from when I started on this site! Its been a while since I've posted regularly and all. But I've been trying to restart and have been lurking to find some motivation.

Help please?

Lost 40lbs, got to 199 and then life got weird and I've been fluctuating between 200 and 209. I can last 2 100% OP meals, and then something happens at the end of the day that ruins it all. So, some help would be very much appreciated!
That first week was really hard. You just need to keep reminding yourself how good it feels to stay OP and see the weight come off.
At the end of the day when you feel like straying, just tell yourself not today. That has gotten me pretty far on IP.
Closed Thread