Weight Loss Support - Angel's Better Body Challenge III

View Full Version : Angel's Better Body Challenge III

Angel26519
04-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Hello Everyone.....

A New Thread!!!! Yeah!!!! I hope we get some new members also!!!!

OK Lets review what this is all about....

We are all doing something a little different but we are here to help, support, and encourage everyone.... We have are ups and our downs.... we try to stay up.....

I think we should start off with an introduction again for all the newcomers.

I am a single (engaged) mother of a 14 & 16 year old.... challenging to say the least. Getting married in 20 Days (UGH!!!), been a single mom for 13 years. I work out of the home although I am on the road alot (in sales). I am very unhappy at the way I look and how little motivation and self discipline that I have had over the past few years. I am looking to change all this.

Name: Ursula.... aka Angel

Short Term Goal: 190# (size 14) by 5/3/03 - My Wedding Day

Long Term Goal: 130- 135#

Exercise Routine: (M-F) 30 min cardio; 30 min Circuit (alternate upper & lower); 10 min stretch
I am also trying to include walking and yoga in with this....

Food Routine: 1400 calories a day

Trying to follow the 90/10 plan by joy bauer. It is where 90% of the calories are from the good stuff and 10% is from the fun stuff.

Water: 8-12 glasses a day

Biggest Weakness: FOOD in the evening.... I graze at night when I am tired. I especially crave sweets.

I know that my goals and plan are pretty well defined and I dont assume that everyone elses is there yet..... I have been really looking at this for awhile.

What I would like to see from everyone else is their starting point.
You can follow what I did above: Name, age, height, weight, size, goals that you have (which dont neccessarily have to be weight related, could be want to walk a mile by the end of January- whatever is important to you). Give us a brief introduction and the we can go from there......Anything else you would like to include do so....

I am so glad that all of you are here to help me, encourage me and support me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Hopefully all the old timers will come back and along the way some newbies will come join us.....

I have 20 days till the big day..... I need focus in these last few days.... hopefully I will get it!

How is everyone doing???? What are you wanting to ficus on?

gigglez
04-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Hi all!

Gigglez/Sandy(one of us may be an evil twin LOL). I am 36 yrs old 5'5 1/2" and currently am at 201. I started out at 212 (this go around). The last one I started at 220 and went down to 184. Unfortanly medical problems and meds were part of the downfall and I was the rest of it. Right now I can get into anywhere from a 16-20 depends on who makes what. Short term goal 190 by May 5th. Long tern goal is to make it at least to where I was at 184 or somewhere in the 170s. I have a large bone structure and I know that if I get too small I would look odd, plus I know that I have to be realistic in my goals or I will give up. As far as my eating plan I aim for 2-3 healthy meals a day and sensible snack which are usually fruit or yogurt(ff). I get in anywhere from 64-96 oz of water a day and vrey rarely drink pop and when I do it is usually cf diet pepsi. Exercise I aim for 6 days a week now. I try to get in at least 35 carido, 12 sets of abs, 3 sets of back extension, 3 sets of butterfiles, 3 sets on the triceps, 5 sets on lower abs, and there are other days that I do other things all of which depends of how my hips are for that day. There are some days that I get in an extra workout on my abs(10 min ab tape). I know that all each one of us can do is our best on a day to day basis and this is a series of baby steps.

Sandy

Angel26519
04-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey Everyone!!!!

I hope you guys come back soon....

As for me I have done pretty well today workout wise - not so great food wise... story of my life.... I am off to take daughter to dance and I am going to try for a yoga class....

Talk to you soon.

Angel26519
04-15-2003, 09:37 AM
Ok Well I didnt do to well yesterday.... COOKIES!!!!!! Keith brought home these cookies that called my name all day yesterday! It drove me insane.... and I succumbed.... they do tell you not to have them in the house and they are so right.... as long as they are here that is all I think about.

I worked out yesterday morning but didnt make it this morning... I am hoping to get there later today.

How is everything going for you Sandy??? And Everyone else???? We are missing you.

18 Days Till The BIg Day!!!!!

Winniejc
04-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Hey, girls!!!!

I'm sorry,I haven't been posting. I've lost 10 pounds since I've last posted! I'm very happy right now,I've been so busy,I'll try to post as often as I can ok!

Angel: girl, I've missed you so much, I hope you're not mad at me for not posting lately(sorry)! I'm so happy for you it's almost here(wedding) girl,keep going it dosen't matter if you don't reach your goal before your wedding day, just keep on going you have a long life ahead of you!! It' dosen't matter how long it take's,as long as we accomplished it right?

to ther rest of you girls: keep going don't give up ok!!!!

See you soon girls,
Winnie

Angel26519
04-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey Winnie- Nice to hear from you!!!! We have missed you! Way To Go on the 10# Weight Lose.... that is just terrific.....

So what are you doing to lose all those great pounds?

Picked up my wedding dress today.... only 18 days to go...

Sandy - How are you doing???? Just keep going forward - I know you can do it.... and always remember that you are doing it for yourself....

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-17-2003, 02:02 AM
Hi, I hope you all don't mind me posting here, I'm still pretty new here and still just trying to figure out where I belong. I did join 1 really great group in the Buddy Up forum that kind of took me in and made me feel welcome, so here goes.

Name: Jenny or Jen

Height: 5'7"

Starting weight: 240 :yikes:

Start Date: 4/6/03

Size: 20, 22, 24 depending on the clothes, but right now I also wear things very baggy so I wear a 3X shirt.

Goals: To lose 100 pounds in the end, but to lose as much as I possibly can before my graduation on August 24th. And to be able to take my kids to the park and RUN around with them and not get winded after 5 minutes...And someday I would love to get a group of people together that have all lost a significant amount of weight and compete in Eco-Challenge, not to win, but just to do it just to prove to ourselves that we can. I think it would be mighty inspirational. :)

Exercise: As much as I can. Right now I'm walking about 5 miles a day, I plan to start alternate walking and riding my bike once I lose a bit so it's not so hard on my knees. I am also starting to lift weights on the weight machine we have at home, and startin the beginning of May there are a couple classes I plan to take at the local rec center.....a strengthening class, a water aerobics class, and a zumba fitness class.

Diet: I'm just trying to watch what I eat, low fat, low calorie, just basically cut down on the amount that makes it into my mouth. I usually crave salty things like chips and such, but I'm completely powerless when it comes to :devil: cheesecake :cloud9:

Well...I also have 2 kids, my son Mark is 7 and my daughter Ivy is 2, I'm divorced from their father but we decided to get back together and work everything out, but he made some bad choices and is in prison right now, so that is a great deal of stress, along with school. But I'm changing my outlook on everything, and I'm going to be more positive. :D I'm going to do this, this time. I haven't weighed in yet, I plan to do that this coming Monday, so we'll see how well I've been doing. Well must put my kids in their beds they fell asleep watching Harry Potter.:wizard:

I hope you all have a great Thursday. Take Care.

*Jen* :flow1:

gigglez
04-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone! Way to go Winnie on the 10lb lost. You keep on keeping up what you are doing. Glad that you are so happy right now. Welcome to you Jen. Sounds as if you are on the right track, just keep it up. Angel I can't believe that it is so close to your wedding. I wouldn't fret about the cookies. I had cake yesterday and I just thought oh well, I will do better next time. Today was my weigh in and I lost 3lbs. So I made my 2wk goal of loosing 4. I an finally under 200 not by much but under. I almost fell over when the scale read 198. I guess that I am thrill and at the same time I am now more determined. Gotta run work is calling.

sandy

Angel26519
04-17-2003, 11:01 PM
WAY TO GO SANDY!!!!!! I wonder if I am ever going to see under 200#s again....

Welcome Jen - We are a pretty good group that has some girls MIA right now....

I am now 16 days from my wedding day.... getting a little nervous... and at the same time really ready to have it over....

I hope everyone is doing great!

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-18-2003, 02:45 AM
Hi ladies!!!

Thank you so much for the welcome, it's nice to meet you all. I hope everyone is doing good. as for myself, I've been better. Working on the last of my water for today....actually I'm pretty used to it now. I don't really want to drink anything else. And I went for a walk today, not quite as long as usual, I just wasn't really in the mood like normal. :( Today it felt so hard to get up those hills, plus I've been pretty tired. Alot of people around here have been getting sick and I think they're passing it on to me. I hope not, I've been pretty lucky for the past couple of years, I don't want to break my streak. :crossed: I went to the store today to get all the stuff for the Easter baskets, and ended up spending about $25 on candy alone :yikes: I need to take some back, I don't need all that in the house, although I only had 2 little reeces peanut butter eggs. So I'm pretty proud of myself for that, usually I would have eaten at least half the bag by now. I think I'm actually going to be okay this Easter. I think I'm going to be able to control myself. :cp:

Angel: Congratualations on your upcoming wedding!!!

To everyone else: I hope you all have a great Friday. Hope to hear from you all soon.

I'll check in tomorrow. Bye!!

Take Care!!! *Jen*

gigglez
04-18-2003, 08:40 AM
HI all!

Jen, remember to listen to your body. You might be getting sick, so it is import that you listen to it more than ever. Good job on the self control with the easter candy. Hard job and it is worse cause we get so involved in making those baskets. Remember baby steps.

Angel, thanks. I know that you are goin to see under 200. It will probally come sooner than you think. I think that I have finally figured out some things that work for me. Also I am goin to try the points. Have a friend that gave me a break down and a points finder. Goin to see if it helps. Who knows maybe it will. Just remember that you can and will do it. Experiment a little and try something different? Who knows what might work for you. I have found that getting more calcuim helps, as well as not eating when I get home from work(10 pm). If I do have to have something I try to make it ff yogurt.

Here's to a stress free Easter for us all.

sandy

gigglez
04-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Angel check out the support forum. I am currently hosting a shower for you!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

sandy

gigglez
04-19-2003, 07:38 AM
HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well today. I just wanted to get a post in early tonight, I have so much left to do. Yesterday was not a very good day, the eating half was okay but I wasn't able to get out and walk or anyhting like usual. I feel so BLAH now. We had to get up early and go to the Easter Eggs-travaganza the the Mayor was hosting. Thank god we got there an hour early, when we left there was a huge line. We dyed our eggs, cleaned the house, made some Easter cookies (Iwas bad I had 2) went to the grocery store which was awful by the way. It was so crowded there were no shopping carts left. I'm hoping to get my walk in after dinner but before it gets dark. It's been raining all day so all the trails are going to be muddy, bt I know I'm not going to be a perfect angel tomorrow, so I have to do something today and definately tomorrow. Well I'm off, I hope you all have a very Happy Easter!!!!!

losinginillinois
04-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Just a quick HI! I am back from vacation but I am very tired. I will try and post tommorrow. I have to clean house,do laundry ect...And of course go back to work! Yuck! Hope all is well!

Beth

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-20-2003, 11:36 PM
Hi girls!!!

I hope everyone had a great Easter!! Today was okay, I totally fell off the wagon but I'll hop back on tomorrow, although I'll have to probobly walk for 10 miles a day for the next week. At least there are no more holidays for a couple months!!! My son actually got up at 5:30 this morning and has not had a nap or anything......AHHHH to be young again, and have that much energy. well just wanted to check in today and see how everybody's holiday was. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Beth: I haven't met you yet.....so hi, I'm Jen. I look forward to getting to know you better also.

Take Care All!!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well!!!! As for myself not so good, I hurt my back yesterday. Pulled a muscle or something. Today is a bit better, but not much. And tonight I have to sit in lecture for 7 hours OUCH. Can't really get out today either, to much movement really starts to make it hurt, so here is another little setback. So I have been really careful about what I eat since I can't do much exercise. Drinking lots of water though. I did manage to lose 11 pounds for my first weigh in yesterday morning:dancer: Well I better go, I'll check in later. Have a great day!!!!

losinginillinois
04-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Hello All!
Where is everyone? Glad you joined us Jen. Hope that back feels better. I am hanging in here. Still trying to get back to reality after vacation. I am really busy this week so won't be posting much but I am here in spirit! Keep up the good work ladies!

Beth

gigglez
04-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Hi all!

Jen sorry to hear about your back. Way to go on the 11 lbs. I would love to get on the scales and see that.

Beth, glad that you are back. Reality bits, work sucks, and you had to leave paradise. Will say an extra prayer for you.

Right now I am suffering from strep that I got from ds. Monday I handled it ok. Food was great but only could exercise for about 15 min. Had to drive my mother to a doctor's appoitment that was close to 3 hrs away. Felt like crap still do, Food ok I ate something but can't remember what it was but I know that I should have had it. I am not worring about it though I guess that I am glad to still be able to stand. Tomorrow will be better. Sleep is calling.

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-23-2003, 03:27 AM
Good Early morning to everyone,

My daughter is still awake watchin g Harry Potter again :wizard: she fell asleep at 7 pm and woke up when I tried to put her in bed when I got home. I wish I could stay awake like that. Anyway, I did it, I made myself gat out and walk 2 miles during my dinner break. That was all I oculd do before my back started giving me grief. I'm hoping tomorrow it will feel well enough that I can go for my usual walk.

Sandy: I hope you start to feel better. Just remember to get plenty of rest.

Beth: I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation. Where exactly did you go if you don't mind me asking?

Well I'll check in tomorrow (or later today) bye

losinginillinois
04-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Hello All!
Jen I went to NC that is where dh is from. It is so nice there makes me wonder why I live in Illinois. I have only a few today. I have to get ds on the bus. I am going to do my three mile tape when dd lays down. So you ladies hang in there. I probably won't be back until the weekend.

Beth

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-24-2003, 01:58 AM
Hi girls,

Well back is doing much better, and just when I was ready to get out there and walk it started raining......and raining......and raining, and in fact it's still raining and is supposed to do that all day tomorrow as well.:mad: Can't mother nature hold off for an hour or so, doesn't she know I want to get out and walk? ;)
No new gossip, and nothing interesting has been going on. Just being careful of what I'm eating...yada, yada, yada. Well I'll check in tomorrow, you all have a great Thursday!!!

gigglez
04-25-2003, 01:12 AM
Hi Ladies!

Haven't been around much. Finally feel much better. I went to the gum today and done an easy workout. Due to work schedule and ds's ball games it will problally be Monday before I get back to the gym. Time for the tapes! Weigh in was today. Down 2lbs, can we say cloud 9? It's late and I have to rise early so I will check in later.

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Gigglez,

Congratulations on your 2 pound LOSS That is awesome. You're doing great. Glad to hear you're feeling better. My daughter Ivy is starting to get sick :( . I have been doing okay, but was only able to get out and do 1 mile before it got way too hot out. :hot: Today was just busy, busy, busy!!! Tomorrow I'm starting out early. well I'll check in then. Sorry it took so long this time. Again.....:bravo:

gigglez
04-27-2003, 09:14 AM
HI everyone! Jen I hope that your daughter is feeling better soon and that it isn't anything too serious. Hot outside I wish that it would just warm up here. Have a cookout planned today. The gym is closed so I am hopin to get in some walking today. Glad that you have been doing good Jen. I guess that I had better get a move on many things to do this morning. Let's all keep on with our good works.

sandy

losinginillinois
04-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Hello All!

Checking in tonight because I am busy again tommorrow! It never ends. I actually think its good for the weight loss though. I don't have time to eat much and I have been so active!

It was much easier to find comptuer time in the winter. Dk's want to be outside all the time! Ds got his first bike and we went around the block a million times! Dd lets me pull her in the wagon. Nice of her huh! LOL!

I lost 4.75 at TOPS this week. That was for two weeks though. I am down 36lbs. 40 more to go! YEAh!

Angel how are you doing?

Sandy did you get to have your cookout? Sounds good! Congrats on the loss!

Winnie how are you?

Jen hope your daughter is okay! I hate it when my dk's get sick!

See you all sometime this week!

Beth

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Hi Girls,

I hope this finds everybody having a fit and fabulous evening/night/and Monday. Did pretty good today, went for a long walk. Pedometer said it was only 2.5 miles, but I really think it was further than that. I have decided to take some time off of school. And hopefully the stress factor will go away for awhile. I really want to spend som extra time with my kids. My daughter seems to be doing better. I guess she wasn't getting sick after all, just had the sniffles.:)

Beth: WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your loss. Do you like the TOPS meetings? I have been considering going to one to see if I like it or not.

Well I think I'm off for now. The kids are bathed, fed, homework is done and they are in bed watching The Santa Clause. Yipee!!! Time to myself for a bit. Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great day.

gigglez
04-29-2003, 02:17 AM
Hi all!

Way to go Beth! You are doing so good with your weight loss. Jen glad that your dd is doing better. Gotta keep it short tonight its late and I have to get up soon. Another sleepless night,

losinginillinois
04-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey ladies!
Just checking in. Still crazy around here. I am about to relax in a minute and watch a movie while dd sleeps.

Weigh in is tommorrow we will see how good I have really been. Dh brought me home a piece of pie for lunch but I turned it down. He said it was okay he would give it to someone at work. He just wanted me to know he was thinking of me. How nice.

Hope everyone has a great week! I have to babysit tommorrow and then my family is visiting this weekend. So things are hectic. I guess that is the way I like it!

Talk to you soon!

Beth

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-02-2003, 01:11 AM
Hi all, I hope you guys had a wonderful day today. I've been keeping busy lately, Just got done with finals at school. I have decided to take some time off from class, so I'll have some extra time with my kids....and time to relax a bit. YAY!!!! Was able to get out for a 3.6 mile walk today, I have discovered that I absolutley love walking in the evening. So that's another thing to look forward to during my break.

Beth: How did the weigh in go?

Sandy: Thanks, DD is doing much better, I had a sore throat there for awhile also, thought it was strep. (we had a positive exposure here at home) But it wasn't, just due to the dry air here.

Well that's it for now, you all have a great Friday, I'll check in again tomorrow. Hope to hear from you!!!!

gigglez
05-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Hey all. Jen 3.6 miles that is impressive! Glad the sore throat wasn't strep. Now you have the time to get out enjoy life for a little while. Weigh in on Thrus down 2 lbs. That brings me to 194, gettin closer. Reward for me at 180. Better get goin another sleepless nite maybe one night will be some sleep.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-03-2003, 01:17 AM
Sandy- Congratulations on you 2 pound loss. You are doing so good!!! Do you know yet what that reward is going to be? Maybe I should start thinking of doing things like that. We'll see. I'm loving the time off right now. It's so nice to get out and walkin the evening. Today was another 3.2 miles hopefully tomorrow it will be more. Make sure you get some rest. And have a wonderful Saturday. I'll check back in after my sons soccer game tomorrow. Bye

gigglez
05-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Way to go on the walking there Jen. I almost out of time this morning so here is a real quick note. I am going to toot my on horn so to speak. Today was weigh in day for the week and I am down 2lb. That puts me at 192. I am wanting to see 189 sometime in the next 3 wks. Gotta run time for work.

sandy

losinginillinois
05-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Hello Ladies!
Its been a long week! I have not even turned the computer on!

Congrads Sandy! That is great. I lost 2lbs today to! I am down 40lbs now. Over half way!

Angel did you leave for your honeymoon? We miss you hope that you are having a great time!

Beth

losinginillinois
05-14-2003, 12:57 AM
How is everyone? Just checking in. I know things have been really hectic here for me!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Beth

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-14-2003, 02:34 AM
Hi Girls...

How are you guys? I thought maybe the thread had died out.

Congrats to you Sandy and Beth on your losses. Mine has been pretty slow. I lost a pretty good amount in the beginning and then it just dropped drastically. I tried those Walk Away the Pounds videos. I must say I really like them. It just didn't feel like I actually went 2 miles though. I'll probobly do the tape again after I get my daughter in bed. Lately she has been wanting to stay up late. Last night she was up until 2 am. Okay I'm getting off here now. Daughter is driving me nuts. Bye Girls!!!

losinginillinois
05-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Hello Ladies!
Jen it does seem like sometimes that you don't even go to miles. But I think you are doing it at just a faster pace. I love WATP. My dh bought me the abs DVD for mothers day. I have both sets now and they both are great.

How is everyone else? I lost 2.5 this week at TOPS. The best thing was afterwards I had to buy some new pants. I was able to purchase 2 size 10's! Okay it was sort of a fluke because two 12's did not fit. But I am still so happy! I think these will be something I can wear for awhile also.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep up the great work!

BEth

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-16-2003, 01:23 AM
GO BETH!!! 2.5 pounds is awesome!!! Congrats!!!

I've been trying to work pretty hard on exercise. I need a big boost. I would like to see about a 3 pound loss this next weigh in. :crossed: Hopefully. For some reason I don't feel like I'm losing anything unless it's at least 3 pounds. Does that make sense. well I better get going. You all have a great night and an even better Friday!!!!!

gigglez
05-16-2003, 11:22 PM
Way to go Beth on those 10's. One of these days I will be able to get into a 14. I have a large bone structure and I know if I get too small I would look funny so I am wanting to make my final goal at 160. Jen I am sure that you will loose some this week. As hard as you have been working I know that it is bound to come off. It is getting late and I have to get up early for work so I better get goin for now. Here's to a wonderful weekend.

sandy

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Hey ladies,

Just checking in real quick. Not much happened today. I did 3 miles so far and planning on doing 2 more later. Tanned, grocery shopped, cleaned up a little and made dinner. Also made som pork chili for my dad to take to work for his pot luck. Now I'm kind of catching Law & Order SVU, thought I would get my postings done before I go to clean up my bedroom and do laundry.....How come my bedroom always collects everything, even stuff that I thought I had put away in my kids rooms? I still never got those scones made.

Tomorrow is going to be so busy. I'm hoping to get to the rec center some time, but I'm not sure I'll make it. We have Boy Scout Community Pride day at 8:00, soccer game at 10:00, another soccer BBQ and award ceremony at 12:00, make up soccer game at 1:30, and then the school carnival at 4:00.:eek:

Well I better go. Talk to you all later. Have a great Weekend!!!!!

gigglez
05-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Jen, sounds like your were busier than a one legged man........well I know that you know the rest. I hope that your experience with the scouts is much better than mine has been. I am to the point that I am not going to let my son continue on with it. Here the leader and her friends are the ones who decides and the boys have no say so in things and when they plan trips you get a 2 day notice at best and then when you can't make it with your son they lool down at the child. I guess that some people don't have it thru there little minds that people do work on the weekends as well. Then there is the fund raising I wouldn't mind it so much but hey you go out and sell this stuff and raise much money and then when it is time for them to get to go somewhere it is on the parents to come up with the money for the trip. They was suppose to have a polar bear swim and there were only 2 of us that were sayin that we refused to pay because of all the money that we raised. Oh I could go on but I better not casue this is one soap box that I can't stand to get on. Anyway here's hopin that everyone is have a great weekend and stayin OP

sandy

losinginillinois
05-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Hope everyone is doing well! I will be gone all weekend. Hope you guys have a great holiday!

I lost .75 this week. Not so good but at least its a loss. I can live with it!

BEth

gigglez
05-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Morning ladies. Need much support right now. I have learned this morning that my ex has been released from prision and he is supposed to have been sent here to KY to stand trial but don't really know. This stress of it all and you know what that can do to a diet! All I am looking for is child support here and this state acts as if I am crazy to ask for that. Excuse me but I think that if they laid down and helped make them they can stand up and help support them. I guess that they don't really want to and don't give a rat behind about them. If only they knew how much that support helps. Cloths and activites for them are not exactly cheap, and health care and meds are outrageous. Got lucky with the healthcare, finally quailfied for kchip here which has generous income giude lines. OK I have went on long enough. Just please remember me!

At my last weigh in I was down to 190 yeah! Gotta keep on keepin on.

sandy

Angel26519
05-23-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Well the wedding is over (YEAH!!!!) and so is the honeymoon (BOO!!!) and now is time to get back to reality!

I am so glad to see that you guys have been keeping up with each other.

The wedding was beautiful. I cried through most of it and so did everyone else. My daughter sang "Over the Rainbow", "There you are" and she also sang "Amazing Grace" accapella.... it was incredible. She has now received offers to sing at 2 other weddings. She really blew people away.

Italy was absolutely the best!!!! Spent 2 days in Rome (not my favorite), 1 day in Sienna (stunning!), 2 days in Florence (pretty), a day trip to Pisa (nothing there but the tower), Cinque Terre (5 beautiful cities on the cliffs over looking the Mediterrian Sea - need I say more!), Milan (Yuck!), 1 night in Como (one of the prettiest places I have ever seen - a large lake at the bottom of the Italian Alps which back up to the Swiss Alps), 2 days in Venice (Romantic and everything you ever fantasize about), 2 days in Bologna (neat town - took a cooking class and learned how to make homemade pasta and gnocchi - YUM!!!!) and 1 more day in Florence..... it was a busy fun filled time that I never wanted to end. We walked at least 10 miles a day and saw so much.... such a different type of place. Sprained my ankle that is still giving me problems but evertyhing else was perfect. An absolutely perfect honeymoon.

Time to get back on track. I am still desperately wanting to lose the weight.... Some of the wedding pictures are hard to look at for me. But I want this to change.

I am giving myself a little time to recover from the jet lag and get reorganized and then I am going to get back on track. I didnt really gain any weight during all this time which is suprising.

So catch me up on all that I have missed these past four weeks. How is everyone doing????? How is the weight lose and challenges going for everyone?

I have really missed you guys and I am glad you guys have stuck around.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Congrats Angel!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. AND OH MY GAWD.......ITALY. I have wanted to go there for about the past 12 years. It sounds beautiful. You are so lucky. You have just mad me the most jealous person in the world. And thanks for the descriptions of the places you visited. Now I have an idea of where to visit when I finally get there.

okay well I think I'm back. trying to ease myself back into the routine and the exercise right now. After that awful sunburn, I ended up gaining like 4 pounds, and got really discouraged. Almost quit........Almost. I just need to get back on track. Although the rest of the family is buying all this junk food for the holiday weekend. I didn't weigh in really this week. They weighed me at the hospital, but that was it. Doc said I had heat stroke. so that was probobly why I was feeling so bad. You all are doing so good, I'm proud of all of you. I better get going, I have a bunch of stuff to get done here before bed. I'll try and pop in again later tonight, if not I'll be here tomorrow. Bye!!!

Angel26519
05-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey Everyone!

Just a quick note.... I am trying to mow the back yard.... it has been raining so much here that in the 3 weeks since the last time it was mowed it is over 18" deep.... needless to say this is slow going.... and my back yard is almost 1 acre large and doing this with a push mower.... every 3 steps you have to crank the mower again.... I am trying to tell myself this is exercise but right about now I am cussing..... so I am taking a break.....

How is everyone else doing?

Sandy - I will pray for you - I so understand the whole child support thing - I have battled it for years and it is a true struggle. I hope that everything works out for you in the end and that you have no problems with your ex.

M&I - I am so sorry to hear about the sunburn that can be such a bad thing. Now that you are starting to feel better just get back on your feet and start over..... that is the great thing about our journey is we can always start again....

Beth - How are you doing? How much weight have you lost so far???

Where is everyone else hiding??????

I am thinking about starting a challenge to start after Memorial Day and go till 4th of July.... that would be about 5 weeks... what does everyone else think???? Anybody interested?

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-26-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

Still on the mission to get back on track. Just checking in real quick. I weighed in with a 3 pound loss this past 2 weeks. So I hit my may goal so far and went past my Memorial Day Goal. I will check back in again later, have to start more laundry (does it never end?) and dinner for tonight. Talk to you all later.

Happy Memorial Day!!!

losinginillinois
05-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Hello Ladies!

Glad you are back Angel! Sounds like you had a great time! My friend got married over there. She said the food is really rich but they did a lot of walking to.

I had a great weekend at my parents house. Not really wanting to go back to the old grind! My ds last day of preschool was last week so no more breaks for me in the afternoon. I probably won't be on the computer much either. My dk's want to be outside all the time! Not to mention they stand over me the whole time I try and type. I promised them now if they give me a few minutes we will go for a bike ride when I am done!

Angel I have lost 44 lbs thus far! The last two weeks have been small losses but I am so busy I am not letting myself worry about it. I am happy to maintain if need be for awhile. I know by the end of the year I will be down to my goal. I actually hope by end of summer. Because I am definately thinking of going back to my old job. Its days but its more stress and more work! So it will be hard to get all the exercise and stuff in that i do now and much more fast eating. So I feel this since of urgency to get it done now while I have the time!

I hope all is well! Winnie we have not seen you in a long time!

Beth

Angel26519
05-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Hello Everybody,

I am going to start a new thread for us....

See if I can get us some new faces.....

see us over there....

Angel's Better Body Challenge IV