Old 08-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #1  
Started IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 240/184/130

Height: 5'3

Default Do you have loose skin?

About 5 weeks ago I started Ip and I have lost about 30 lbs and I am so scared of getting loose skin. I started at 240 and I now weigh 211 and my goal weight is 130 or so. Has anyone on here lost this much weight without loose skin?
jessicaolsonx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Goal 145

Height: 5'4"

I hope that someone jumps in for a answer becuase I am starting on Monday and I am afraid of a similar issue.
DawnK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #3  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

I have currently lost about 40 pounds. I am 5 foot, started at 163lbs and dropped down to 125lbs. In between my weight loss, I got pregnant, and I have not experienced saggy or loose skin. My goal weight is 100lbs, so I still have about 20lbs more to lose but that will put my total weight loss at 60lbs gone. The second half of my weight loss journey has been much more gradual, which is a good thing in actuality, so with a combination of monitoring what I eat and moderate exercise, I hope to achieve my goal without having saggy or loose skin. If you're worried, I'd just suggest keeping some kind of workout that focuses on muscle build and toning. Best of luck.
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/211/170

Height: 5'10

This is great...congrats on the weightloss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaolsonx4 View Post
About 5 weeks ago I started Ip and I have lost about 30 lbs and I am so scared of getting loose skin. I started at 240 and I now weigh 211 and my goal weight is 130 or so. Has anyone on here lost this much weight without loose skin?
pcastles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 303/see tracker/170

Height: 5'10"

I have a good friend that completed this program 2 years ago, has maintained her weight loss, looks awesome, and doesn't have loose skin. Thank goodness!
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

In my opinion with any huge weightloss you will have some loose skin. I can't expect to lose 100+pound and be all tight and hot (believe me I dream )
I have seen a couple people lose a good amount of weight and have a little sagging skin. But I'd rather that than be super unhealthy. You can always have a tummy tuck if it bothers you that bad. (I am SOOO getting a tummy tuck and new boobs when I'm finished my journey! I've earned the right to feel confident and happy with this new body I've worked so hard to get!)

Good luck!
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I have currently lost almost 40 pounds and on a 5'2" frame that is a lot. The only problem that I am seeing so far is with my upper arms, you know the "bat wings". They are a little flabby right now. But I used to have a round tummy and it is shrinking quite nicely. I recently started working out again with a personal trainer, and asked him to help me tone up while I was losing. He said that lots of reps with light weights is the only way to really tone up sagging skin as you are losing weight. A bunch of crazy cardio will not do the same as about 20 reps of different exercises with light weights. The light weights help to keep the muscles active without bulking them up.

Hopefully my arms will get to where my tummy is and I will have no need for a tuck of any kind.

Good luck with IP, It Works!!
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #8  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I started at 242 and now weigh 128. I do have some loose skin but mostly I am muscular. A lot will depend on your age. You look young so your skin should be more elastic and bounce back. You have to decide if you want to be healthy and accept the changes that happen.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #9  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

I've lost 100+ pounds and I have loose skin. I hope that with time and lots of exercise that will resolve itself. Even if it doesn't, loose skin can be covered up by clothes. To be quite honest I'd rather be healthy and have loose skin than morbidly obese w/o loose skin.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/27/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingitdown View Post
I have a good friend that completed this program 2 years ago, has maintained her weight loss, looks awesome, and doesn't have loose skin. Thank goodness!
So there is hope :-)
Old 08-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/27/12

Well thank you for all your replies! I would love the option of a tummy tuck but with 4 kids it may not be possible. I have other priorities. I think I will hire a fitness trainer and work on toning.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

I also think a lot has to do with old we are and how much weight we lose. Those of us who are in the upper 40's and beyond, I think we will have that issue more so than the younger peeps because our skin has lost alot of its elasticiy.
The more we have stretched our skin with larger weight gains, the more likely it would be that there would be excess skin.
As far as "batwings" start doing some weights (light ones, say 3 pounds) and work your arms, tricep dips at the edge of your coffee table or on your porch step will really help, start with maybe two sets of 10 daily, and work up, you will be amazed!! If you google "tricep dips" you can find an example of what that is, if you are not already familiar with them. Upper body work outs give QUICK results.
A pretty back and shoulders are something I really want to have! I am 50, and know I can still do it!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I'm down 125#'s and have noticed some loose skin around my belly, where I will have my biggest issue. I still have another 125 to loose. I am sure I will be speaking to surgeons closer to goal. There are drinks here on IP to helps I have one twice a week. The crangratta drink.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/loose-skin...r-only-option/

http://www.3fatchicks.com/4-availabl...r-weight-loss/

http://www.3fatchicks.com/5-steps-to...thout-surgery/

http://www.3fatchicks.com/4-risks-an...en-loose-skin/

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...-question.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/loose-skin...r-only-option/

http://www.3fatchicks.com/5-non-surg...r-weight-loss/

Last edited by usmcvet; 08-12-2012 at 10:40 AM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

So far I've lost about 95 pounds and I do have loose skin. I have read A LOT about loose skin and how best to deal with it. The most important thing you can do is lift weights, and heavy weights too. It's more important to lift heavy weights and less of them than to lift more light weights. Quality and not quantity will change your body. Don't worry, woman can't bulk up like men. At most we can just define our body a bit. I also add a high quality gelitan (Great Lakes collagen) to my IP food each day (I add it to my pudding shakes) to help with skin elasticity. The next big thing is time. Give yourself at least two years after reaching goal to see what extra skin you really have left. Skin is an organ ever changing. Lift weights (build your lean muscle mass), digest collagen, loose the body fat (not just what the scale says), and give your skin some time.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 08-12-2012 at 10:51 AM.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #15  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

I have to agree with the others that age has a lot to do with it... I am down 15 pounds and I think my boobs have already dropped a couple of inches! But then I am closing in on 50. You look much younger, so you probably have that on your side.

Investing in a really good, supportive and well fitting bra will help a lot with that. Get to a real bra shop and have a professional fitting. It will make a huge difference.

I also think the more times you yo-yo, the more elasticity your skin loses, so once you lose the weight, be sure to maintain. I have lost a fair amount of weight before and things are definitely drooping faster this time!

Oh well, I never expected to have a perfect body at 50!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote