Old 08-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #1  

Default Why isn't the scale moving?!

This is my 3rd week on IP.

The first week I lost 11 lbs. Which was great.

But I lost nothing the second week.

I weighed myself this morning... and nothing. I'm feeling so sad.

I am to the point where I'm skipping meals. All I had today was 1 packet... and I've lost my appetite.

Anyone else experience this?
Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #2  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

You need to eat all your food. The scale is not moving most likely because your body is holding on to everything it possibly can because you are literally starving yourself. You lost a lot the first week, no wonder your 2nd week was a catch up for your body. Give yourself a chance - stick to the program - 3 IP + 8oz protein + 4cup veggies + supplements EVERY DAY. You need to follow the program for it to work. Don't weigh yourself if it's going to cause you to get so emotional and self-sabotage.

Last edited by LizRR; 08-14-2012 at 04:53 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #3  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Make sure you are following everything to the letter- that includes salt and EVOO for the day. I wasn't doing my salt as I should have been, when I fixed that, things started moving again. I also had a big first week- it helps for me to think of it in terms of my weekly average. Eleven pounds in two weeks is still 5.5 per week, which is pretty good. Stick with it, the scale will start moving again. But you have to eat- if you don't, your body will take you out of ketosis and you won't lose.

Hang in there!
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

[COLOR="Indigo"]Both are correct....you HAVE to eat EVERYThING or you will NOT lose. You can't skip anything at all, even though you are NOT hungry, make your meal last, take a few bites go do something then come back kinda graze at it. It will do your body NO GOOD if you SKIP in fact will more than likely hurt it
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

For me finishing all the protein was a challenge...but I did it. The longer I was on the program the easier it got. So, like everyone else said "hang in there". Stick to the program 110% and you'll be at goal before you know it. Sure you'll have your good days and your not so good days but in the end it will all be worth it!!!!!!!!!!! (And 11 pounds your first week is amazing and proof it works...) Keep going!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

An 11 pound loss is huge...your body could be trying to play catch up...Also..like everyone said..you need to eat...Food is fuel..If you dont fuel your body, your body wont work properly...Its low enough in calories already..so dont restrict it anymore regardless of weather your hungry or not..If you dont find yourself hungry..then invest in some of the packets that are drinks..for instance: the grape juice or other smoothie or shake packets..add some spinach in or try pureeing veggies to drink them down or make a soup..Do whatever you can to get er done! Dont think..just do it!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote