Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 07/20/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-20-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Lightbulb

Good morning.
Focus
Focus
Focus
Old 07-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Good Morning everyone...going to WI #2 this morning..fingers crossed!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Friday

Good morning from the west coast, happy Friday fellow IP'ers.... I had my W#4 weigh in and I'm down another 4lbs yahooooo.... hope everyone has an exceptional day with good weigh in's and the satisfaction of staying on plan.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #5  
IP Reboot Mar 31/2013

S/C/G: 187/158/130

Height: 5'7

Wink 2nd day

Jodster - good luck!!!

bttrhalf - congrats!! amazing work

it's my second day on IP - had the plain omlette mix for breakfast - i liked it alot

the vitamins make me burp .. does anyone else encounter the same problem lol

stay strong and focused everyone
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #6  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all from rainy Florida I sooooo wanted to stay in bed this morning. Let us all have a great OP day.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone! My brain stumbled across a song last night, and it stuck with me til' this morning, so I blogged on it. Has anyone NOT heard the song "Everbody's Free (to wear sunscreen)" by Baz Luhrmann? The advise it dispenses is actually really appropriate, and it makes my day. Here's the one I liked the best on Youtube: http://youtu.be/gBsgqxDlCSE

OK time to wake up DH, gonna be a long day, then hopefully a chill weekend, except for dropping off our futon, and helping my mother in law with her resume. I'll check in during lunch unless we take the day off early from work, yesterday our AC died and the repair tech can't make it out until sometime this afternoon, and the high is 95 with a heat advisory for indexes reaching 105, that'll last until tomorrow night, yech!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #8  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Here is the woosh fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
Good morning from the west coast, happy Friday fellow IP'ers.... I had my W#4 weigh in and I'm down another 4lbs yahooooo.... hope everyone has an exceptional day with good weigh in's and the satisfaction of staying on plan.
congrats, that is just fantastic
Old 07-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #9  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday Morning!!!! We got back from a mini vacation yesterday. I stayed 100% OP the entire time. We stayed in a hotel and ate out the whole time. Knowing how sparse vegetable servings are at restaurants, I brought a bag of angel hair cole slaw and a few packages of pre sliced cucumbers, so I got all of my veggie in!

I didn't get to WI this week because we were out of town. Hopefully, I'll make it to the 100 pound club at my next WI.

Shathom -- We came home to a whole lot of rain yesterday. It must have made its way to Florida!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning.
Focus
Focus
Focus
This is just what I needed to read today! Thanks!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Morning everyone! My brain stumbled across a song last night, and it stuck with me til' this morning, so I blogged on it. Has anyone NOT heard the song "Everbody's Free (to wear sunscreen)" by Baz Luhrmann? The advise it dispenses is actually really appropriate, and it makes my day. Here's the one I liked the best on Youtube: http://youtu.be/gBsgqxDlCSE

OK time to wake up DH, gonna be a long day, then hopefully a chill weekend, except for dropping off our futon, and helping my mother in law with her resume. I'll check in during lunch unless we take the day off early from work, yesterday our AC died and the repair tech can't make it out until sometime this afternoon, and the high is 95 with a heat advisory for indexes reaching 105, that'll last until tomorrow night, yech!
Awesome youtube video-- made my morning! Here is my favorite to share: this one always makes me smile--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY
Old 07-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #12  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning.
Focus
Focus
Focus
Vet -YOU GOT THIS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
congrats on the loss!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #13  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Morning Everyone!!

TGIF!!! For real!! This week passed by entirely too slow for me and I am so happy and glad its Friday, even though I hit the floor running this morning!

Congrats to all the losers yesterday and good luck to everyone weighing in.

Not a busy day today at work. Just catching up on what I didnt do for the week. Our Friday's are normally slow. We dont have the "BIG" boss breathing down our neck. He flies in every Monday and leaves out on Fridays so he's gone today! WHOOHOO PARTY!!! LOL

Nothing planned for the weekend really. The only thing I plan on doing is getting one kid school supplies and uniforms. Next week is the other kid. My oldest will be a senior in high school so he can wait.

Guess I better get started on this desk!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #14  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Chloe222 - I buy Proti-Diet natural pancake mix and make a cinnamon-splenda crepe every morning with it (with coconut oil). It is a non-restricted item, has only 6 carbs, 90 calories, 1 g fat, I buy it from www.nashuanutrition.com. 1 box costs $10.95. Thanks for the info Chloe. I buy other products from Nashua, but hadn't checked this one out yet. I'll add it to my next order from them. Have you tried it in some of the IP Crepe packet recipes? How does it work?

Good morning all! We had a cooler, rainy day yesterday - just what we (& my garden) needed. Now the sun is out and it looks to be a great weekend. Sure wish my VIP had the same schedule, but his 2 days off are always in the middle of the week.

I messed up a little last night, and didn't even realize it until too late. It's always a struggle to figure out when to have my snack in relation to supper. We never know when we'll have supper for sure, but it's usually between 6:30 & 7:30. Lunch is 11:30 - noon. So yesterday I had my snack (a drink) about 4, dinner at 7ish. While fixing dinner I also made dessert for VIP and tried the Oatmeal cookie recipe using IP Oatmeal & Choc pudding mix for later (2 servings, 1 in the freezer). Around 10 I ate some of the cookies, forgetting I had the drink earlier CRAP!!! Sooo, this weekend I better kick up my activity level to burn it off, and start updating my food journal every time I eat/drink anything.

My heart goes out to the people of Aurora, CO. Such a needless tragedy. Hoping for quick recoveries for the injured.

Mooselover - hope you're feeling much better today.

Good luck to those having WIs today, and stay focused OP through the weekend all!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Morning everyone! I'll check in during lunch unless we take the day off early from work, yesterday our AC died and the repair tech can't make it out until sometime this afternoon, and the high is 95 with a heat advisory for indexes reaching 105, that'll last until tomorrow night, yech!
Hi Kaypix,
Good thing you are so young, healthy and energetic. In this heat I would just wilt and do very little w/o AC. Hope it's fixed today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Chloe222 - I buy Proti-Diet natural pancake mix and make a cinnamon-splenda crepe every morning with it (with coconut oil). It is a non-restricted item, has only 6 carbs, 90 calories, 1 g fat, I buy it from www.nashuanutrition.com. 1 box costs $10.95. Thanks for the info Chloe. I buy other products from Nashua, but hadn't checked this one out yet. I'll add it to my next order from them. Have you tried it in some of the IP Crepe packet recipes? How does it work?
Hi Green,
No, I haven't tried any other recipes that use crepe mix. However, after reading Rainbow's recipes yesterday, I need to switch up my meals.

I'm having a pretty tough morning, feeling so drained, dizzy, and weak. This is pretty unusual for me. Need to drink some water, have some salt, and just lay down. Luckily I can do that for the next hour - but then need to be up and working.

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-20-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Closed Thread