Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #76  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I love my evening snack decaf coffe with wf caramel syrup and my peanut butter bar...yummmmmmm
Old 07-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #77  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations to everyone on those great numbers today! Hope everyone is having a great day. At the same time, my heart goes out to all of you in Colorado. What a sad, sad day for our country.

Two things to share:
1. I got my ticker today!!!! So exciting! Time sure flies when you're having fun, huh?
2. NSV...I took my kids to the county fair yesterday. We rode the rides, played some games, and had a snack. The girls had french fries and slushies. I had a dill pickle!!! I walked right past my favorite things...mini donuts, ice cream, funnel cakes, etc....you know how the food stands are all lined up one after another....I didn't even think twice about cheating, didn't even want anything, it didn't even smell good. I was so proud of myself, but at the same time it wasn't even hard to make the right choice. Now, that is a HUGE change for me.
Jess
Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #78  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
2. NSV...I took my kids to the county fair yesterday. We rode the rides, played some games, and had a snack. The girls had french fries and slushies. I had a dill pickle!!! I walked right past my favorite things...mini donuts, ice cream, funnel cakes, etc....you know how the food stands are all lined up one after another....I didn't even think twice about cheating, didn't even want anything, it didn't even smell good. I was so proud of myself, but at the same time it wasn't even hard to make the right choice. Now, that is a HUGE change for me.
Jess
Way to go! That is HUGE!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #79  
Began IP 6/27/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS65 View Post
Happy friday!! Had WI#5 today and down another 5!! Had a 1 lb weight gain last week so I am super happy this week. I guess the gain was caused by the soy sauce i had used for dinner on two nights!
Soy Sauce! I thought we could have soy sauce! I just used some soy sauce for the first time tonight. Do you think you just over did it in one week?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #80  
Began IP 6/27/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
I want to thank everyone for all of their encouragement and advice yesterday. I think I may have finally identified what has been going wrong these last three weeks! My coach and I looked at my journal, but I think she was focused on making sure I was eating/drinking enough, that we overlooked something big that I discovered today...I was eating two restricted items on the days I had chili or spaghetti!

Her office is set up with the restricted items on one shelf and the unrestricteds on the other. However, the chili and spaghetti are on the unrestricted side! I knew I couldn't have them more than once a week, I just missed the part where that WAS my restricted for the day! I feel foolish for making this mistake, but I am happy to have found a reason why I haven't had the losses I was hoping for. Two restricted were probably just enough to keep me out of truly being in ketosis!

Enjoy the weekend!
So nice that you were able to find something! That should really help for next week's WI. Plus, it's an easy fix....chalk it up to newbie mistake! Now you will leave me behind in the slow loser group and become a huge loser!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #81  

Height: 5'4"

Oh I need a good slapping! I took a bite of my son's pizza. I had a beautiful salad sitting right in front of me and I did it. It really wasn't as heavenly as I thought it was going to be.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleans Lady View Post
Hello. Looking for some support or info. I've been OP for 5 days. I've lost 2.5 lbs. Other people I know on the diet have lost double digit lbs the first week. What gives? I'm killing myself on this diet, starving, constant headache. I thought the results are supposed to blow your mind. My mind ain't blown. I've been miserable for 5 days for just 2.5 lbs? Maybe I shouldn't weigh everyday, but blah. This is depressing. My husband lost 8! 8 to my 2.5 and he had real ranch dressing on a salad one day!!!!
I don't have double digit losses. So far, my WIs are: 5#, 4#, 2#, 2#. Sometimes, when I look at the numbers, it's frustrating because it seems like everyone else on the forums is dropping more on a weekly basis than I am.

BUT, I've learned to stop comparing and just be amazed at my results. I've lost 13#s in a month w/out excercising!!! I know many who work out and eat a balanced meal everyday but still struggle to lose 2#s a week. I've stayed OP for the month and I can tell it's working correctly because my clothes already fit better (I'm not a sausage in my skinny jeans).

Bear in mind, if you don't have to lose as much, it may be a slower journey...but it's worth it.

We've all experienced what you are going through and know you can do it!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Rashes

Have anyone had any issues with rashes, itchiness, or skin irritation on the diet? For the past three weeks my skin has been so irritated with little bumps everywhere. I wonder if my body is reacting to the high protein or ketogenic diet.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #84  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Just wanted to say yay! Had WI#1 Wednesday, and had lost 6 pounds! And some of my clothes are starting to feel more comfy! Woohoo!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #85  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
You're burning fat!!
Does burning fat also include toooons of unusual cravings? :P
Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Have anyone had any issues with rashes, itchiness, or skin irritation on the diet? For the past three weeks my skin has been so irritated with little bumps everywhere. I wonder if my body is reacting to the high protein or ketogenic diet.
Great question! I was wondering the same thing.

I've had a small, dry patch/rash on my face (below the right of my chin). It was super itchy, but it's now much better. I initially thought it was acne...

Im going to research a bit...
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
My feet and skin on my legs were itching like crazy last week. Did some exfoliating and things goy better.

Carcammom great job at the fair! I think I overdid thWF products this week and will have to watch overuse in the future. So yes I think you can over do some things such as soy sauce WF Splenda/trivia etc.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Ummmmm. I believe that is the same as 2 eggs + 2 egg whites. lol
Oh good grief Bella. I can't stand mathematical geniuses !

Last edited by patns; 07-20-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Volvo I have consistently lost about 2 to 3 pounds a week, no super big weeks but hang in there. The time passes and it feels like suddenly I have lost 75 pounds! Slow and steady works just as well as the other way!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh good grief Bella. I can't stand mathematical geniuses !
Bahaha, just about spit my crystal lite all over my laptop!! Thanks for the giggles!
Closed Thread