Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #91  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Evening all

First off..my condolences to you in Colorodo..thats a horrible tragedy..and to see it happen after all the other shootings you guys have endured..im so sorry.. My prayers are with you all.

Nothing new to report on the dieter's forecast today..sunny with a chance of no sleep.. I cant believe i did not sleep last night at all..I didnt go to sleep till 6:30 this morning... i couldnt believe it..i was wide awake!!!

Anywho..night all..off to catch some Zzzs for real.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #92  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hey All,
Here I am coming in at end of Friday chat. WI#3 was 6 pounds this week, total of 22. I am at my parents farm tonight. I know they have eggs with about 10 hens that get to free roam most of the time - those eggs yokes are so orange and pretty. Mom's told me three times on the phone her broccoli and cauliflower are ready. I finally had to tell her I'm coming to see her, and not to rob her garden, but she's so happy to have me here to visit and to share her garden. I did pack some other odd veggies and miracle noodles to add to the mix. I think mom will get a kick out of miracle noodles. I also found those tofu one and brought them as well, she can choose which she likes, I haven't tried the tofu ones myself yet.
Hey I should have my 20 day wait done for a signature line here in another day or so. Will have to pick out a ticker!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

[QUOTE=mompattie;4411279]Hugs Margaret!! I wonder if your pain could be gallbladder?? I had very similar epigastric pain and it ended up being a huge gallstone! Take care!!

I hadn't even thought of that...will research it - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Good Morning! our 30th wedding anniversary coming up next year - and I should be much more in the mood to fly by that time (aka fit in the seat with a seat belt - no extender)
congrats on your upcoming anniversary! i know what you mean about airplanes. i haven't flown in years because it became to painful to squeeze into the seats. now i could fly, if i had any money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Hi everyone! Today is my first day of Ideal Protein.
welcome and good luck! it's a great, sane, program and the folks on this board are very supportive and full of help, so keep coming back. i am in the maintenance phase now but i still like to have the drinks and puddings that i make into a frozen smoothie. it really is a life change, and the strictness of the protocol in phase 1 gives you the time to examine your head and how you want to change your life forever. it's all good...
Old 07-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleans Lady View Post
Hello. Looking for some support or info. I've been OP for 5 days. I've lost 2.5 lbs. Other people I know on the diet have lost double digit lbs the first week. What gives? I'm killing myself on this diet, starving, constant headache. I thought the results are supposed to blow your mind. My mind ain't blown. I've been miserable for 5 days for just 2.5 lbs? Maybe I shouldn't weigh everyday, but blah. This is depressing. My husband lost 8! 8 to my 2.5 and he had real ranch dressing on a salad one day!!!!
It's funny because you sound like me msybe 5weeks ago. The first two weeks my DH lost 20+ pounds and I lost much less. But this is what someone told me when I said the xact thing you are saying....do not compare yourself to anyone else or you will be setting yourself up for failure. They told me my husband's journey was for him to be concerned with and I was to be concerned with my own. Please tell me what other diet do you know where you would've lost 3lbs in 5 days?! None! I know because I tried them all! I know you're going to hate this next part because I did....trust the program. Let your body get the chance to adjust and do what it needs to prepare for this journey. The reason I hated that part was because there were always people who lost tons of weight telling me this. I said "easy for them to say....the've lost 50 pounds already!" But take it from someone that hasn't lost 50 pounds when I tell you they were right! But you need to find some new ways of eating foods you love so you won't crack. There are some great recipes on this website that you will appreciate. I promise you....it gets easier. And if you truly live in Nola, I understand your pain. I'm in Baton Rouge and with the good food at your disposal it is tough. But trust me....it's true when they say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! Getting compliments and having to buy smaller clothes is a GREAT feeling! Good luck to you and your hubby!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Have anyone had any issues with rashes, itchiness, or skin irritation on the diet? For the past three weeks my skin has been so irritated with little bumps everywhere. I wonder if my body is reacting to the high protein or ketogenic diet.

I have! On my ears of all places!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'5

Hi, i am starting ip tomorrow. My mom tried it last year and lost 30 lbs. I have lost weight in the past and i will workout and eat right for a month or more and see no result, get frustrated and give up. I asked my mom if it eould work for me and from what i see on here it works if you stay op and i know i can do it if i see the results for the effort i put in.
Closed Thread