Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 4 (05/21-05/27)

Here are the initial results- leslieb (Blue Team Leader) will post the official results here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...y-results.html

As a team we lost 13.8 lbs or 0.36%!!

Biggest Loser: Selway (-7 lbs, 3.45%)

Honourable Mentions: Riddy (-2.1 lbs, 1.06%)

Shay (-2 lbs, 0.90%)

wuv2bloved (-2 lbs, -0.85%)

we had 5 members eliminated this week. People who had signed up, but didn't make it back once the challenge began. We also had one team member drop out for medical reasons.

We have one honorary member joining us Elizabeth779 this week!
Welcome Aboard!!

Keep up the great work everyone.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- I'm Elizabeth, your honorary member, and I'm delighted to meet you. I was at work checking my Iphone to see if I'd be able to be an honorary member or not and actually did the happy dance when I found out I would. I need to commit to food accountability, exercise accountability, and to just stay on track. I lost from 298 down to low 280's on WW during the end of 2011. Then the end of February I started Low Carb and had the Wonderful WHOOSH down to 270. Then I started yo'yoing back/forth between 273 to 278. After the third time yo-yo time this last week, I did some soul searching and realized I have been successful before with Fitday calorie counting and decided to ease up on my carbs. Then a couple nights ago was looking around here at 3FC and ran across the BL Challenge, and the FAQ's said even after the start we can become an honorary team member in an unofficial capacity.

This will not be easy for me, but I really need to do this. I work a night shift from 3:30 in the afternoon until 2:00 a.m. After getting home I log on here some to read or catch up on threads, and then get to sleep hopefully before 5:00 a.m. I'm going to try to get to sleep as early as I can and then set my alarm for 12:30 p.m. and haul my butt to the gym. Once I get there I'm always glad I went, it's getting there that is the hard part.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I have always enjoyed watching the BL show -- even the re-runs. I've never been competitive, but sometimes a little competition can be helpful and motivating. I wanted to become an honorary member so I can prepare myself to be on a team in an official capacity the next time.

I'm honored to be a part of your team. It's a great opportunity.

Eat, exercise, drink water, REPEAT. (My version of Hut - 2- 3- 4!)

Go Red Team!

You know, I could be your cheerleader -- just don't expect me to do the splits!

Last edited by Elizabeth779; 05-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Welcome Elizabeth779 Glad to have you join us

Congrats to Selway; Riddy; Shay and wuv2bloved

The end of last week was a little crazy for me: I went back to Toronto for an engagement/birthday party and found out that the wedding is taking place in October in Mexico. I know have 20 weeks to get my butt into shape.
I do have another wedding to go to in July and hope to be down 10 pounds for that one.

Today is a holiday here in Canada and I am headed back to Kingston (where I work) I am planning on finishing up my learnt o run program at the Running Room. Run 10 minutes, walk 1 minutes x 2. I have never been able to stick with a learn to run program in the past on my own so I am very happy that I stuck with this one.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #4  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Red Team!!

Welcome Elizabeth!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Selway - holy crap, girl!

Yay Shay and wuv!

Welcome, Elizabeth - you can cheerlead, but don't forget to work on you, too.

I'm so pleased at my progress this challenge - first Onderland, and now I've just crossed from obese BMI into overweight! I literally can't remember the last time I was either!

I'm really trying to make exercise a habit, and so far, so good!

Have a great week, red team!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Elizabeth- great intro! Welcome!!

As Canuck girl said holiday here, so we are off to the mountains to hike. I'll check back in this evening.

Have a great positive day all!!]
Hmmm, I thought I had posted the above this morning, but it never 'went'

So we're back from our hike. A great day, despite the whining from the kids. We hiked up to an active fire lookout. Got to speak to the spotter there about what it's like for him. My legs are SORE. My pedometer says 8.25 miles, not sure if I believe the distance, but I'm loving the # of steps today: 23,457!!

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #7  

HI Red Team
Congrats to Selway for being the biggest oser this week and Shay and Wuv for being the runner ups.
Also Welcome Elizabeth.

Mel, your hike sounds like so much fun.
Riddy good job on getting to wonderland.
Today I started pulling weeds from an overgrown iris bed and I think I pulled a muscle in my side, it really hurts so I'll probibly take a hot bath and go to bed early . I got to talk to DS for a little while today, he gets to come home on leave in less than a month, but then he leaves for South Korea in July. It's turned really dry here, we are carrying water to the garden to keep it going, I hope we get a good rain soon. I planted some asparagus roots and the last of my tomatos this evening. I also put in some basil and dill. To top it off I did some sewing, have a pair of shorts that just need some elastic and hemmed, I'll finish them tomorrow. Not bad for Monday
I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K
Old 05-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Congrats to our winners this week. Selway that was an incredible weight loss!!!

Welcome Elizabeth!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Riddy-Congrats on making it to overweight!!!

Canuck-way to go for sticking with the running program. I really need to get back into it.

Beet-Hope you feel better soon. Gardening gets me everytime too! It's the age creeping up on me I love to garden one of my most favorite hobbies

Canada-Sounds like you have a very active family. Hope you enjoyed your hike. 8 miles wow!

AFM~I was up a lb this morning but feeling good. Means I only gained a lb or lb & 1/2 this weekend...big improvement for me! I know I am a little crazy but when I am not exercising if I eat something off plan I instantly gain. So I guess I need to get my butt in gear but you know how that first step is?

Have a great Tuesday!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Congrats, Red Team! (and holy crap, Selway, that's AMAZING)

Welcome, Elizabeth!

CanadaMel - Sounds awesome! I love hiking. I'm kind of jealous of the spotter - having it be part of your job to take long scenic walks every day would be fantastic.

maryshady - I know exactly what you mean. I eat one cookie, and WOOSH, three pounds of water weight! Freakin' annoying is what it is.

I've been having kind of an odd time with the weight loss this past week. I actually gained 1.2 pounds from last week, but I've lost two inches around my stomach. Pants that gave me muffin top a week ago look great this week. So, sorry for weighing the team down, but I'm not slacking, I swear! Just can't figure out why the scale says I'm bigger when all other signs say I'm smaller.

That said, I'm planning on getting a bit stricter this week. I've been snacking too much between meals. It's all technically on-plan, but there's a lot of dried fruit involved, and I think it's maybe a bit much calorically. So we'll see how next week looks.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Congrats, Selway! Wow, I looked at the exercise thread and you are really doing a lot of working out!!

Shay and Wuv, great losses this week!

Elizabeth, welcome to the RedThread!!

Picked up DS from college and I now have 3 teenagers in the house. Trying to avoid stress eating...lol.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #11  

Hoe everyone had a god Tuesday. Quiet on the boards today.

Zogo- good luck with the teenagers!

Bigchief- it actualy sounded like the spotter didn't get to do many hikes, unless it was crappy weather, and short ones at that.

Riddy- congrats on the BMI achievement!

Bette- you may be getting some rain soon- we're getting dumped on right now. But I'm happy as then I don't have to water the garden. Hope your side feels better.

Selway- charging right ahead-WTG!

Canuck- good job for finishing the running program. My 10k is next week, yikes!

Mary- I have some days where I just look at food & feel like I gain.blah. One day I will just be able to eat intuitively and everything will be in balance, ohmmmm.

Time to curl up & do some reading. Sleep well!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #12  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Bette, I wish I loved to garden. I actually have a big garden that used to be perennials - now it's all weeds, and I'm admitting defeat. I'm trying to get rid of all the weeds and turn it into lawn. Feel free to come play in my "gardens" anytime!

Hoho, it makes me crazy sometimes how the scale doesn't reflect all my hard work, and it takes so long to see results with the tape measure.

Today was my day off after working all weekend, and while I had great plans for exercising twice, I had much more fun shopping with Mom this afternoon. At least I got 1 little workout in, and I've only missed 1 day so far this month. Before this challenge I was only exercising 3 days a week, so better is better.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOOHOOOO...down another pound and another 2 inches....I wish I could go back to my 3lb weeks so I could be done!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #14  

wuv- keep up the great work. Slow & steady wins the race!

riddy- keep on moving! Every bit of movement counts (at least in my book)

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday.
I'm essentially solo parenting for the rest of the week, dh is busy with a conference, so I may be scarce the next few days.

Stay strong, make positive choices & keep moving!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Everyone is doing so well! Congrats to all the losers.

I can't believe I missed weighin again. I am truly incompetent. My power ended up going out Sunday, and my phone was dead too. I think I'll start weighing on Saturday...that will give me an extra day to figure out how to post it!

My goal for this week is to get through the weekend on plan. Since Jan 1st I've been "dieting" M-Friday noon, then I go off the wagon, and start back again on Monday morning. Which is why I'm getting nowhere. Almost my entire family is out of the state/country this weekend, so I won't be hugely tempted by Memorial day goodies, which makes me quite hopeful!