Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 5/11/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 5/11/12

Chloe222
05-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=9f9264e42953da99aaf61d768***1a5b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet%2F257116-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-4-17-12-a.html&v=1&libid=1334750474271&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trantiendiet.com%2Fsite%2FIMG %2Fpdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet-236%2F&title=IP%20Daily%20Chat%20Tuesday%204%2F17%2F12%20-%203%20Fat%20Chicks%20on%20a%20Diet%20Weight%20Los s%20Community%20Ideal%20Protein%20Diet&txt=The%20Unbalanced%20Diet%20Approach%20to%20a%20 Slimmer%20You%20&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13347504824051) __________________

Chloe222
05-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Good morning all,
I copied an older welcome post from Wuv and we now have the live link for Dr Tran's book on IP. See the last link above.

Recommend that all newbies take the time to read it. (Plus be sure you read the stickies and then the book.) It will explain so much of the philosophy and science and that's pretty motivating - and we all need motivation now and then!

Know that Dr Tran's book is somewhat old, and they made numerous changes in the diet and so when you see discrepancies, know that the latest protocol your coach has would be what to follow - if in doubt. Still really valuable to read.

Cadu
05-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

Today is the last day that I have too watch my great nephew. I do love snuggling him and playing with him but I got to say I am happy this is my last day. At 46 I find I dont have the stamina to care for a 5 month old like I did when I was in my 20's or even 30's. 10 hours is a long day for me to be caring for him. Now I can just pop in and visit him for an hour or so when I feel like it. :)
It is kinda nice to get my Fridays back!!

Have a great day everyone.. Stay OP!!

Beanie Mommy
05-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Good Morning!

Last night's WI got me another 3.4 pounds closer to goal. Very happy about that.

Love the progress pics, Carol! You are looking great! Have fun with your great nephew :)

Happy Friday, everyone!

prettyone
05-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Im happy to report another 3lbs down even though this week is the calm before Storm TOM appears and my hydrayation was at +46.5(alot of water retention) but still a loss and I was super excited. So the totals as of WI#3 are a loss of 16lbs and 19.25 inches. This program is awesome.

NSV I am wearing a pair of pants I brought 3 years ago that wouldnt fit but loved them enough and refused to send them back.

Make it a great day 100% OP. Good luck to all those who will do WI today.~

kellycg102
05-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning everyone, WI#9 yesterday and down 4.4lbs. Wow....shocked! Very happy!!! Lost while I travelled???? What???? Never has that happened.

Funny how sometimes when I see myself I am shocked and feel skinny, other times I still feel fat. Hope those days are few and far between. I like the skinny days!

Happy OP day everyone!

0ojoyo0
05-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Good morning all! Every day I'm feeling a little better on this diet. I've been on IP for 11 days, and I can already feel my pants getting looser. According to my scale at home, I've lost 17 lbs, but I'll wait for tomorrow's official WI to update my ticker. Getting close to that first goal! Good luck on any WIs today, and have a great OP day!

shathom
05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone! Let's all try to have an OP day. Smooches

:dust:

Dakin
05-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Good morning IP family!

So nice to see so many great WI's already this morning! I"m still stuck at a plateau, but am feeling more positive about staying OP today. Maybe it's the sunshine.
NSV - I had to go shopping for work pants yesterday as my co-workers were nagging me about how baggy and disheveled I was looking. I'm down 2 sizes, but only bought 2 pairs hoping that my ultimate size will be one smaller (still have 10 lbs to go!)
Thanks to everyone for kind words yesterday - I truly would not still be OP if I didn't have this forum and all of YOU!!! :hug:

Have a great Friday everyone!!!

atho128
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Good morning all! Every day I'm feeling a little better on this diet. I've been on IP for 11 days, and I can already feel my pants getting looser. According to my scale at home, I've lost 17 lbs, but I'll wait for tomorrow's official WI to update my ticker. Getting close to that first goal! Good luck on any WIs today, and have a great OP day!

Amazing that you got to your first goal that quickly! 17 pounds is a huge accomplishment!! Congrats!:carrot:

Chikara
05-11-2012, 09:35 AM
WI # 2 last night - down 5.7lbs for a total of 11.3lbs since starting. DH is down 19lbs total. The coach asked what we were doing differently...as she expected us to lose less this week. WI #1 for me was 5.6lbs and this one 5.7lbs. We have been 100% OP! Happy with our results so far.

Have a great weekend everyone!! We opened our cottage so this is the first official weekend there! I will have to get my IP Pina Colada ready for the bonfire! LOL.

tauthier
05-11-2012, 09:40 AM
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with it but I didn't. I'm a lifetime WW and have always been successful with that but the beginning of January I went back and lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks and got frustrated and quit after eating too much one weekend and gaining most of it back. When I turned 40(almost 14 years ago) I was 185 pounds and I decided I had had enough....joined WW lost 40+ pounds in that year and then my husband came home one day (a few months after our 6 year old was diagnosed with diabetes) and said he'd moved his girlfriend out here and was filing for divorce. My weight really dropped after that and I kept it off pretty good for 10 years. I dated a guy for 10 years that HATED any extra weight on me and he was slim and trim and ate very healthy. We broke up a couple years ago and I started dating a guy who likes to eat and I started working on my master's degree while working full time....36 credit hours and 36+ pounds! I finished my course work this week and started IP. Determined to get this weight off. I HATE not having anything to wear and not enjoying going shopping to resolve that issue. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!

atho128
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with it but I didn't. I'm a lifetime WW and have always been successful with that but the beginning of January I went back and lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks and got frustrated and quit after eating too much one weekend and gaining most of it back. When I turned 40(almost 14 years ago) I was 185 pounds and I decided I had had enough....joined WW lost 40+ pounds in that year and then my husband came home one day (a few months after our 6 year old was diagnosed with diabetes) and said he'd moved his girlfriend out here and was filing for divorce. My weight really dropped after that and I kept it off pretty good for 10 years. I dated a guy for 10 years that HATED any extra weight on me and he was slim and trim and ate very healthy. We broke up a couple years ago and I started dating a guy who likes to eat and I started working on my master's degree while working full time....36 credit hours and 36+ pounds! I finished my course work this week and started IP. Determined to get this weight off. I HATE not having anything to wear and not enjoying going shopping to resolve that issue. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!

Welcome to the group!! I'm sure you will have amazing success with IP!

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Morning all. I have come to the sad realization that this week I may not have a loss. I weigh daily to look for trends and this week I've gone down 0.4 and up .4 then down the same and back up .8 ... So as of today I'm not weighing again until Monday (weigh in day). I'm going to try and stay positive and knowing I'm 100% OP believe the scale will tip in my favor on Monday. I read an interesting article on Webmd yesterday that talked about your "set" weight and how your body doesn't like to go outside of that, but iv you gain enough weight and don't lose it quickly, your body will create a higher set weight and thus we get plateaus. I'll post the link when I get to work today.

Great weigh ins so far today! Keep up the good work everyone!

Nilouve
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I haven't had much time to post or even "lurk" lately, so if I am repeating something that was already said, I apologize. This was news to me but my coach told me this week that the rasberry jello (and pomegrate drink) are now a "free" addition to the 3 IP daily packets for phase 1 and may no longer be counted towards the 2 meals or one snack! Anyone else heard this?

As I am currently doing the Novi-cleanse and what my coach called the "cellulite program" (no restricted IP products OR occasional vegetables for three weeks) in an attempt to "sprint to the finish line", I did buy a box, as I knew I would miss my rasberry chocolate and cinnamon bars (big sigh). I was never a fan of any kind of "jello" but at least it's another little something to chase away the cravings.

I know, I have read SO many posts saying that not using restricted does NOT make a difference but, I have also repeatedly read to do what your coach advises, so doing that for now, we'll see.

I do find it very interesting to read all the differences between coaches' approaches. As an example, I don't believe I have read of any other coach recommending the following as "free"; Nestea Zero and Nestea Zero Green Tea, dill pickles and kale as well as Dentyne Fire Gum.. She is also a big believer of the Novi-Cleanse and most of what I have read here is NOT pro-cleanse. My last WI, on Wednesday, was my first full week on the cleanse and I was down 2.2 lbs, very happy with that but I will of course never know what would have happened had I not been on the cleanse...

Wishing all the Ipeeps a great 100% OP day!

BeansMama3
05-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Feeling super positive today. I'm down 11 lbs. since starting 4/16. The first week was a trial, so two real weeks OP. I love IP. I feel clear and motivated.

hyrysk
05-11-2012, 10:06 AM
WI#17 last night and I finally made it to the 250ís. I just realized it but Iím only 13lbs from my original goal of 245. I saw a friend at the drugstore last night who hasnít seen me since Christmas (when I was 345) and he asked me where the rest of me went. Normally guyís donít say anything so that gave me a little boost.
I want all of you ladies and gents to know that the support here on this forum is incomparable. The tips, tricks and importance of staying on plan have helped me tremendously. DW and I have now lost a total of 110 lbs. in 17 weeks
:D

SewingMomma
05-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Good Morning!

Last night's WI got me another 3.4 pounds closer to goal. Very happy about that.

Good Morning Everyone!

Im happy to report another 3lbs down even though this week is the calm before Storm TOM appears and my hydrayation was at +46.5(alot of water retention) but still a loss and I was super excited.

Congrats to both of you on the losses. Way to go!

Morning everyone, WI#9 yesterday and down 4.4lbs. Wow....shocked! Very happy!!! Lost while I travelled???? What???? Never has that happened.

Great WI! I lost weight when I went on vacation. It surprised me too!

WI # 2 last night - down 5.7lbs for a total of 11.3lbs since starting. DH is down 19lbs total. The coach asked what we were doing differently...as she expected us to lose less this week. WI #1 for me was 5.6lbs and this one 5.7lbs. We have been 100% OP! Happy with our results so far.
Congrats to the both of you! Those are some good numbers. Keep up the good work!

Morning all. I have come to the sad realization that this week I may not have a loss. I weigh daily to look for trends and this week I've gone down 0.4 and up .4 then down the same and back up .8 ... So as of today I'm not weighing again until Monday (weigh in day). I'm going to try and stay positive and knowing I'm 100% OP believe the scale will tip in my favor on Monday.

I weigh in on Mondays too, and sometimes I don't see a loss until the weekend, so don't despair. I just hit one of those set weight plateaus, and it took a few weeks to get past it. I had low losses for three weeks in a row before I broke through it. TOM is around the corner for me, so I'm not expecting much this Monday. Just follow the program 100%, and you'll be able to push through.

Feeling super positive today. I'm down 11 lbs. since starting 4/16. The first week was a trial, so two real weeks OP. I love IP. I feel clear and motivated.

WI#17 last night and I finally made it to the 250ís. I just realized it but Iím only 13lbs from my original goal of 245. I saw a friend at the drugstore last night who hasnít seen me since Christmas (when I was 345) and he asked me where the rest of me went. Normally guyís donít say anything so that gave me a little boost.
I want all of you ladies and gents to know that the support here on this forum is incomparable. The tips, tricks and importance of staying on plan have helped me tremendously. DW and I have now lost a total of 110 lbs. in 17 weeks
You and your wife are doing a great job! just keep it up. You'll reach 245 in no time!

Samba
05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

Today is the last day that I have too watch my great nephew. I do love snuggling him and playing with him but I got to say I am happy this is my last day. At 46 I find I dont have the stamina to care for a 5 month old like I did when I was in my 20's or even 30's. 10 hours is a long day for me to be caring for him. Now I can just pop in and visit him for an hour or so when I feel like it. :)

Carol, you are 46?!? You look so young in your picture! Just a warning...you may get carded after you lose your weight!

Good Morning!

Last night's WI got me another 3.4 pounds closer to goal. Very happy !

Really good loss!:carrot:

Good Morning Everyone!

Im happy to report another 3lbs down even though this week is the calm before Storm TOM appears and my hydrayation was at +46.5(alot of water retention) but still a loss and I was super excited. So the totals as of WI#3 are a loss of 16lbs and 19.25 inches. This program is awesome.

NSV I am wearing a pair of pants I brought 3 years ago that wouldnt fit but loved them enough and refused to send them back.

Isn't IP amazing?! Super loss and NSV!

Funny how sometimes when I see myself I am shocked and feel skinny, other times I still feel fat. Hope those days are few and far between. I like the skinny days!

Happy OP day everyone!

Keep up the good work and you will soon be used to skinny! Great news on the loss while out of town!

Can't wait to hear your official weigh in!

Good morning IP family!

So nice to see so many great WI's already this morning! I"m still stuck at a plateau, but am feeling more positive about staying OP today. Maybe it's the sunshine.
NSV - I had to go shopping for work pants yesterday as my co-workers were nagging me about how baggy and disheveled I was looking. I'm down 2 sizes, but only bought 2 pairs hoping that my ultimate size will be one smaller (still have 10 lbs to go!)
Thanks to everyone for kind words yesterday - I truly would not still be OP if I didn't have this forum and all of YOU!!! :hug:

Have a great Friday everyone!!!

So glad you are doing better! Your size may change and those 10lbs will budge yet!!

Have a great weekend everyone!! We opened our cottage so this is the first official weekend there! I will have to get my IP Pina Colada ready for the bonfire! LOL.

Congrats on how great both of you are doing!! Cottage sounds awesome!

Amazing losses for you and DW. Life changing stuff this IP!!

angie773
05-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Good morning ladies! I went to an open house at my center yesterday and tried Chicken a la King. Have any of you tried it? it is soooooo GOOD!

reneepw
05-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Happy OP day everyone!

Hi kelly, i feel the same way. Sometimes I feel good; others not so much. I have to say my business travel is always my killer for being on a good eating program. Hearing so many people having success is very very motivating for me. Thanks for posting! and good luck on future trips!

prettyone
05-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Congrats to both of you on the losses. Way to go!
Thanks SewingMomma

Really good loss!:carrot:

Thanks Samba

evepet
05-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Good morning and welcome!

I can totally relate to disliking not having anything to wear (and not particularly liking what I've got)... and not enjoying shopping to do anything about it. People are getting fabulous results with IP. You will too. :) And soon you'll love clothes shopping again. :):):) (Maybe too much!)

Yesterday was back to OP business as usual after my 'Oopsie' of Wednesday. Out of curiosity, I did step on my Omron this am...something I rarely do between my self-appointed 'official' Wednesday WIs... and I'm down a pound from Wedn's WI! Hope it stays off and I add to that for next Wednesday! LOL.

I think I'll get my grocery shopping done today so I can focus on cleaning up my balcony tomorrow in preparation for doing some container planting soon. I'm looking forward to having home grown cukes, and maybe some lettuce, radishes... I have to investigate which veggies will do best with my eastern balcony exposure. Sun from sunup to around noon... then in shade. I know I can't grow tomatoes... not a long enough sun exposure. Tried that a couple of years ago - grew lovely plants with lots of cherry toms, but had to give them to my sister to put in her back yard so they had enough constant sun light to ripen up.

I'm sending lots of support and positive energy out to every one of you for a happy and health 100% OP IP day. :carrot:

skinnybride2be
05-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Had a good week so far but for some reason yesterday I was so hungry all day! I haven't been this hungry even during the first week of the program! Hopefully this doesn't happen again! Have a great day everyone!

usmcvet
05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

Ahh but you look like a 30 year old in your most recent photo.

:)

Good Morning Everyone!

I love your NSV, finding new old clothes is great. I took out a shirt for work today. I put it away clean in February of 2011, I know because I had to take the cleaners paper tag off it. It was a little loose, NICE feeling!

:carrot:

prettyone
05-11-2012, 11:18 AM
I love your NSV, finding new old clothes is great. I took out a shirt for work today. I put it away clean in February of 2011, I know because I had to take the cleaners paper tag off it. It was a little loose, NICE feeling!

:carrot:
Thanks Usmcvet it was nice to finally take the tag off and put them on past my knees :cp: Congrats. The feeling is WONDERFUL. I wish you all the luck on your journey. Im so glad I found IP.

sanibelover
05-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Weigh in #5 today. Down 1.8. Was lower than I had hoped, but it is still a loss, so I will keep on swimming!

Tried the chicken ala king. Tasted different than I expected, but it is OK and will help get the veggies in. Loaded it up with brocccoli. Wouldn't want it every day, but once a week will probably work.

Also got a new strawberry wafer cookie with some chocolate on it. Looks good. Can't wait to try it.

Have a great OP day!

prettygirlusaf
05-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Still going strong, wishing my clinic had more than just a Weight Watchers store bought scale. I have a similar one at home and weighs me in quite a bit higher everytime Although mine has a significantly different number at 5 different places on my bathroom floor lol. I just don't want to go into a doctors office with a callibrated scale and find out my weight is not what I thought it was!! Maybe I will head into the clinic I used to work at after every weigh in and recheck myself??

I tried the "Mug Cake" with the chocolate drink mix. I added a quarter tsp of almond and vanilla each and it was pretty good. I can't wait for my WF caramel to put on it!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!

evepet
05-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Weigh in #5 today. Down 1.8. Was lower than I had hoped, but it is still a loss, so I will keep on swimming!

Tried the chicken ala king. Tasted different than I expected, but it is OK and will help get the veggies in. Loaded it up with brocccoli. Wouldn't want it every day, but once a week will probably work.

Also got a new strawberry wafer cookie with some chocolate on it. Looks good. Can't wait to try it.

Have a great OP day!

I've had lower weight losses for the past few weeks, so I do sympathize with your disappointment... but it does all add up and gets us eventually to our goal. As you said 'just keeping swimming'. When I have a 'just a pound' (or thereabouts) weight loss, I remind myself that 1 pound of fat takes up about the same space as a coffee mug! Then I feel really good about the fact that I've got "just" that 1 pound of fat out of my body!

There's a picture showing 1 lb of fat and a coffee mug together here:

http://non-trad-diaries.blogspot.ca/2010/08/one-pound-of-fat-times-44.html

DanafromAustin
05-11-2012, 11:42 AM
You will love IP. Once I hit menopause that darn scale would just not move past a 10 pound loss no matter which diet I tried (and I tried them all). Then I heard about IP and everything turned around. It's been the best diet I've ever been on, and while it is the most restrictive diet, it's also been the easiest. Welcome to the board and can't wait to hear all about your success.

Morning all. I have come to the sad realization that this week I may not have a loss. I weigh daily to look for trends and this week I've gone down 0.4 and up .4 then down the same and back up .8 ... So as of today I'm not weighing again until Monday (weigh in day). I'm going to try and stay positive and knowing I'm 100% OP believe the scale will tip in my favor on Monday. I read an interesting article on Webmd yesterday that talked about your "set" weight and how your body doesn't like to go outside of that, but iv you gain enough weight and don't lose it quickly, your body will create a higher set weight and thus we get plateaus. I'll post the link when I get to work today.

Often times I wouldn't lose weight till the weekend, so you might see the scale move still.

I see now I'm hitting a plateau myself. I did loose two pounds this week, but that was right after last weeks WI and I had to do boot camp to get that. In the last week and a half though nothing, and for a few weeks before that the weight loss has been very slow. I guess I had to know it would hit sooner or later. I've been OP for just about 7 months now and have lost a lot of weight, so I knew it would come eventually. Oh well, no choice but to hang in there.

You and your wife are doing an amazing job! On a side note - that sure was a lot of rain last night. Not complaining though as I know we really need it.

mooselover
05-11-2012, 11:44 AM

You will be sooooo glad you found IP and this group!!! I did WW in my younger years and it worked well for me then, but it doesn't work for me now either. IP is amazing. Seeing the scale go down each week keeps me motivated as well as the inspiration I read on here. You will achieve your goal!!!

mlucas
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Good morning ladies! I went to an open house at my center yesterday and tried Chicken a la King. Have any of you tried it? it is soooooo GOOD!

Buahahahaaaa.. I love your "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!" My son and I sing that all the time! And he get's all into it and starts hip thrusting.. omg.. too funny. I will have to record it sometime. But seeing that made me laugh! So thanks for that! Have a great day!

On another note, I started P3 yesterday and even thought eating my morning toast was like the sky's parting and the the light of the heavens shinning down on me... my stomach does not feel the same way. I got to say since starting P2 and in to P3.. my stomach is not liking it at all! I think it's funny how our bodies get so used to any change that we make, that when we do make a change... it def. lets us know that it' notice's the change! lol So even though the PB and Toast and the fruit is AMAZE! I hate eating it lol But I will be back on P1 in a matter of weeks and I'm sure that transition will be a night mare again too LOL :D But looking forward to the results!

Have a great day everyone! :carrot:

mooselover
05-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Good morning everyone. I am happy to report I've been feeling pretty good the last few days. I have my week 11 WI today and I am excited. I haven't been weighed and measured in 3 weeks as I was out of state. I did a weigh in Sunday and posted it in my ticker to keep me motivated. Did not like seeing that number stay the same for so long. I am still waiting for a call from my Dr. on my biopsy results. Hopefully she calls sometime today. I will report back after my WI in a few hours :)

wuv2bloved
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Good morning, looks like we have awesome WI's already so everyone looks to have had a good week. Those of you who loss little or stayed the same (ME) keep your chins up it will show next week. Suppose to be a rainy weekend here so it looks like it will be an indoor kinda weekend. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

hyrysk
05-11-2012, 12:08 PM
! On a side note - that sure was a lot of rain last night. Not complaining though as I know we really need it.

And my dog is a chicken when it comes to thunder. She kept me up till almost 3am. I just hope the price of hay goes down now that weve had some good rain. Looking for the sun so we can play in the pool this weekend:)

LizRR
05-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I have WI#10 today - I'm not expecting any big numbers this week as TOM is looming in just a day or so, but that should even out soon enough. I re-started my bodypump class this tue&thur after my allergy attack cut me short last week so I'm curious to see how the next 2 WI shake out.

I'm going back to having a restricted (had tried my first last week), but will NOT be getting the Chocolate Soy Puffs! I had to fight the binge monster TOO hard with those in the house! I'm getting the SW Cheese Curls, my coach loves them and Cadu had good words about them too. Savory snacks don't really trigger me like Chocolate does.

I went shopping yesterday, only got 2 items (on clearance of course). A pair of size 12 jeans and a pair of size 10 shorts - the shorts are a little tight, but I know they will fit soon! I've had to do some creative hem-taping to make some old clothes fit (older boot cut 'aka bell bottom' size 12 khaki & black pants are now bermuda length shorts), needed some more summer wear. The one pair of size 12 jeans are starting to have some room to them - I got them from my cousins old donation pile and thought they were so tiny but maybe someday I could SQUEEZE into them (they became my goal pants). Now I'm wearing them everyday and they are getting loose!

I'm organizing a neighborhood garage sale next weekend and am clearing out all of my size 14s and XL tops. I was tempted to keep some 'just in case' - but got that thinking out of my mind. I am on my way to my new ME and I am never going back! I actually belonged in a 16 and was squeezing into the 14s - I found denim with stretch in them and really tested the limits!

Don't wave the white flag yet. I also do home WI to track trends (I find it all fascinating, I think I have a weird scientific detachment from the numbers). Last week, after my Friday WI I stayed the same weight for 3 days, gained a lb and stayed there for 2 days, the next day lost 4lb, and then lost another lb the next day for a final WI loss of 4lb (same scale, same time, same everything). This is a crazy diet - this isn't the first time I've had a 'plateau' (if you count 5 days as a 'plateau' I'll take it!) followed by a crazy overnight loss. They don't call it the 'whoosh' for nothing! You will literally drop it overnight, this is why if you take it too seriously and self-sabotage with dissappointment you should just stay off the scale. Granted you will also have some TOM issues cycling through, but that water weight gets flushed out eventually and it evens out - so just take it all as it comes and stay OP!

LizRR
05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Oh - random question - I have a big eggplant I want to try something with tonight. Anyone have any recipes or ideas? I never really get it, but it looked so good at the store I had to grab it, but now don't know what to do with it! I was thinking just slice and roast, but didn't know if anyone had any fun ideas.

DanafromAustin
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
And my dog is a chicken when it comes to thunder. She kept me up till almost 3am. I just hope the price of hay goes down now that weve had some good rain. Looking for the sun so we can play in the pool this weekend:)
One of my dogs is no better. We now have to give her an anti-anxiety pill when we have thunderstorms otherwise she just freaks out. The other dog is okay, just gets a little nervous and shaky. Looks like the sun will be coming out for sure by Sunday.

DanafromAustin
05-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Good morning everyone. I am happy to report I've been feeling pretty good the last few days. I have my week 11 WI today and I am excited. I haven't been weighed and measured in 3 weeks as I was out of state. I did a weigh in Sunday and posted it in my ticker to keep me motivated. Did not like seeing that number stay the same for so long. I am still waiting for a call from my Dr. on my biopsy results. Hopefully she calls sometime today. I will report back after my WI in a few hours :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get some good news. I had a few of those biopsies a couple of years ago, not the most comfortable thing. Have a good day and congrats on the scale moving again.

0ojoyo0
05-11-2012, 12:28 PM

This seems like a weird idea, but have you tried putting a sweater on her during storms? Sometimes when dogs get anxious, a sweater will help them feel secure.You can google "thundershirt" but I think a sweater works just fine.

Darralyn
05-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Good morning everyone!! Hope your all doing well; I read many posts and the news sounds pretty good!

I think I may have slipped last night.....I got an urgent call to come to my son and DIL's they had to take the baby to the urgent care. (She's OK). I skipped my dinner and just grabbed a bar instead; so that made 4 IP meals and I skipped 2 C of the veggies and the 8 oz of protein. It had to be done; there was no time to prepare a proper meal. Does this count as a cheat? I want to stay 100% OP but sometimes life throws you curve balls. I am really glad the baby is OK; she had been running a fever but they got it down and got her on meds. it was a nasty old ear infection.

jcjnjj
05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Weigh in #3 this morning and I'm down another 4.8 lbs!!! 20 lbs - gone 4ever!

evepet
05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Good morning everyone!! Hope your all doing well; I read many posts and the news sounds pretty good!

I think I may have slipped last night.....I got an urgent call to come to my son and DIL's they had to take the baby to the urgent care. (She's OK). I skipped my dinner and just grabbed a bar instead; so that made 4 IP meals and I skipped 2 C of the veggies and the 8 oz of protein. It had to be done; there was no time to prepare a proper meal. Does this count as a cheat? I want to stay 100% OP but sometimes life throws you curve balls. I am really glad the baby is OK; she had been running a fever but they got it down and got her on meds. it was a nasty old ear infection.

So glad the baby's ok. It's so easy to get panicky when wee little ones are sick like that. I'm sure it gave everyone quite a scare. While you weren't able to stay 100% OP, I wouldn't call yesterday's situation a 'cheat'. It certainly wasn't an intentional lapse from protocol, and it was impossible to plan for it beyond grabbing your bar. It's good that you had the presence of mind to do that! And I'm sure you'll be back 100% OP today!

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Here's a link to that Set Weight thing I mentioned earlier:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/ideal-weight-or-happy-weight?bookmark=true&login=true

I found it really interesting on why we don't lose as much during plateaus, and why we tend to stay at random weights for a long time (I was 140 for the longest time, ballooned up to 185 and have a VERY hard time breaking into the 170s even with diet/exercise.)

Teden
05-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi everybody! Only 5 days left before my Navy weigh in and I only lost 1 lb this week, although I did lose quite a few inches. That makes a depressing total of 1.6 lbs in the past 3 weeks! Ugh. I have never cheated, so it is either Cortisol (I am under an insane amt of stress, but coping!), or the Clomid I am taking (hormone craziness & water retention?). So- now I have cut out all restricted items and have switched lunch and dinner. My 2 scales at home say I am safe, but my coach's scale says I am 1 lb over. Could this be any more dramatic?!? :)

Teden
05-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Oh - random question - I have a big eggplant I want to try something with tonight. Anyone have any recipes or ideas? I never really get it, but it looked so good at the store I had to grab it, but now don't know what to do with it! I was thinking just slice and roast, but didn't know if anyone had any fun ideas.

I LOVE roasted eggplant dipped in soy and wasabi- sounds weird but it is delish. Is wasabi 0/0/0? I don't have any to check.

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Good morning, looks like we have awesome WI's already so everyone looks to have had a good week. Those of you who loss little or stayed the same (ME) keep your chins up it will show next week. Suppose to be a rainy weekend here so it looks like it will be an indoor kinda weekend. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Lisa - I love your new picture!

Hi everybody! Only 5 days left before my Navy weigh in and I only lost 1 lb this week, although I did lose quite a few inches. That makes a depressing total of 1.6 lbs in the past 3 weeks! Ugh. I have never cheated, so it is either Cortisol (I am under an insane amt of stress, but coping!), or the Clomid I am taking (hormone craziness & water retention?). So- now I have cut out all restricted items and have switched lunch and dinner. My 2 scales at home say I am safe, but my coach's scale says I am 1 lb over. Could this be any more dramatic?!? :)

Dramatic music plays in the background ;)

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Does anyone here find their tempers getting short? I know that I tend to repress a lot of emotion, so if fat "stores" emotion then it makes sense it's letting it "all hang out" right now, but I'm normally a happy bubbly person, and now it's all I can do to not snap at the people around me (who obviously don't deserve it.)

Also, I've been "spotting" like super mild TOM since this started. I'm not sure if it's because of that, the Depo shot I just got a month ago, or the pregnancy that I lost a week before the Depo shot, but it's getting really old wearing panty liners daily!!! Sorry, a little TMI but I'm seriously just all :devil::devil::devil: about this whole thing right now.

DH is gone this weekend, he left this morning to go to Fruitland Iowa and build a motorcycle engine. Good news for me, that means our second bedroom (was going to be a baby room, now will be a library) will be mine to do with as I please within a week of him coming home, which will be Monday night. downside, he's my best buddy and I'm going to miss him. I have already made some extra meat products so that I could eat those tonight and tomorrow night, will figure something else out for Sunday and Monday I suppose, but no big.

And I have a garage sale to prep for, ugh and double ugh, but the money is going to help me get a new motorcycle helmet so I can go to Milwaukee, WI in the end of June for a rally :D...

Now I'm going to go explode on my blog, I'll check back probably in an hour when I start getting cranky again ;) You guys always seem to calm me down by just reading the thread :D

~Kara

Chikara
05-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Hello everyone,

This was news to me but my coach told me this week that the rasberry jello (and pomegrate drink) are now a "free" addition to the 3 IP daily packets for phase 1 and may no longer be counted towards the 2 meals or one snack! Anyone else heard this?

My coach told me the same thing last night. Do not count the Raspberry Jelly towards your 3 IP packets per day.

kbirr
05-11-2012, 01:31 PM

I love eggplant! I usually cube it, mix with a can of sugar free Italian seasoned tomatoes, some salt & pepper and roast in the oven for a half hour or so.

GemIAm
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM

You look fantastic! Do keep your chin up - you are so good at reminding all of us to stay positive! ;)

ProteinGal
05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
This was news to me but my coach told me this week that the rasberry jello (and pomegrate drink) are now a "free" addition to the 3 IP daily packets for phase 1 and may no longer be counted towards the 2 meals or one snack! Anyone else heard this?

Yes, my clinic lets us use the jello and pom drink as a freebie too, every other day.

grannyto2bear
05-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I am so happy to welcome my sister, Harleygirl59 to 3FC and the ideal protein program. She is already doing so awesome with her weight loss.

harleygirl59
05-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I am so happy to welcome my sister, Harleygirl59 to 3FC and the ideal protein program. She is already doing so awesome with her weight loss.

:carrot: thanks for all the info and helping me on IP you are a great help and you look awesome :wave::

grannyto2bear
05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes, my clinic lets us use the jello and pom drink as a freebie too, every other day.
our coach also mentioned the chicken noodle soup is free, have you heard this from your clinic? We are putting miracle rice or noodles in ours, makes it so much like the real chicken noodle soup now

Cole3
05-11-2012, 01:55 PM
So I have hit a soup wall. I knew that it would happen eventually I guess but I have been in a routine of a chocolate or a cappuccino drink in the morning and a soup with a salad and veggies for lunch since I started IP. Today lunch came and I can't even LOOK at the soup. The idea of eating it is so unappealing it is crazy. I vary the kind of soup I eat but I didn't even know what kind was in my bag today I just knew I couldn't bear to eat one more bowl of soup. Blah. So guess I am going to have to rethink the lunch plan. Good news is I brought the SW cheese curls for a snack later tonight and there is so much in that bag that I just ate that with my salad and veggies and was good to go. But being a creature of habit I HATE to use my restricted so early in the day. Other than that having a great OP day !!! The sun is shining ... it is Friday .... what more could I ask for??

Manda Marie
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
NSV for dinner last night!
I had a work dinner and at first I declined the invitation b/c I chickened out. Flat out didn't think I could handle it....not drinking and not eating with everyone. As I said yesterday, I hate eating a group when I'm dieting!
But I checked the restaurant menu and found something I could eat. I got beef fajita! Substituted veggies for rice and obviously didn't eat the flour wraps. So, I had beef and veggies for dinner! I'm sure there were *some* things I should avoid, like more oil on veggies and meat than I would use, but overall I'm proud of myself. Not even 1 tortilla chip! I asked for red peppers and diped them in the salsa.

Stay strong, it's worth it. (That's what I keep telling myself!!!)
You all are such an inspiration. Thanks.

mooselover
05-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I am back from my week 11 WI. I lost 7.6 pounds and 6 inches in 3 weeks. Gotta love that :) I love shrinking!!! Next week I should be in the 150's, gotta love that even more :)

purple sky
05-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Phase 4
Ending weight 125
DH and I are now down 110 lbs.
I don't think I could have done it without you guys. The support and knowledge here is beyond amazing.
Have a great weekend!

lisab
05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
HI all!
A question: I'm making the IP Chicken Noodle Soup and it has weird tofu-like clumps. Did I do something wrong?
And can I add chicken broth?
Thanks!

LizRR
05-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Does anyone here find their tempers getting short? I know that I tend to repress a lot of emotion, so if fat "stores" emotion then it makes sense it's letting it "all hang out" right now, but I'm normally a happy bubbly person, and now it's all I can do to not snap at the people around me (who obviously don't deserve it.)

Also, I've been "spotting" like super mild TOM since this started. I'm not sure if it's because of that, the Depo shot I just got a month ago, or the pregnancy that I lost a week before the Depo shot, but it's getting really old wearing panty liners daily!!! Sorry, a little TMI but I'm seriously just all :devil::devil::devil: about this whole thing right now.

Women store estrogen in our fat cells. On IP as we use the fatty acids to produce the ketones that fuel our body (instead of carbs and our glycogen stores), we burn off the fat and release the estrogen into our bloodstream. So you are not imagining the hormonal swings, or the crazy TOM spotting. Your anger means its working!

So I have hit a soup wall. I knew that it would happen eventually I guess but I have been in a routine of a chocolate or a cappuccino drink in the morning and a soup with a salad and veggies for lunch since I started IP. Today lunch came and I can't even LOOK at the soup. The idea of eating it is so unappealing it is crazy. I vary the kind of soup I eat but I didn't even know what kind was in my bag today I just knew I couldn't bear to eat one more bowl of soup. Blah. So guess I am going to have to rethink the lunch plan. Good news is I brought the SW cheese curls for a snack later tonight and there is so much in that bag that I just ate that with my salad and veggies and was good to go. But being a creature of habit I HATE to use my restricted so early in the day. Other than that having a great OP day !!! The sun is shining ... it is Friday .... what more could I ask for??

I have soup every day for lunch - I always have chicken soup. Its actually my favorite because its so easy to change the flavor with whatever veggie puree I add to it (I'm not too crazy about it on its own). This week I made a big batch of 5 roasted poblanos, 2 red bell peppers, 2 jalapenos, and 5 garlic cloves that I pureed and split up into my 5 lunches this week. I am planning a cauliflower, celery, garlic puree for next week. Personally, this is how I keep my variety with my soup lunch. But I wouldn't be afraid to mix things up if you need to. What a treat to have pudding for lunch! Speaking of which, I'm ordering vanilla pudding today to try the miracle noodle rice pudding someone posted about earlier this week!

Cole3
05-11-2012, 02:36 PM
HI all!
A question: I'm making the IP Chicken Noodle Soup and it has weird tofu-like clumps. Did I do something wrong?
Thanks!

You have to shake that one REAL well. I had that happen to me the first time I made it ... incidently I ate it clumps and all and it was fine (it tasted fine ... and I am still alive :)). BUT the second time I shook it much longer than I do for anything else and there were no clumps.

The chicken broth thing I don't know because when I asked my coach she said no because it was high in sodium and I wasn't thinking fast enough to ask about the low sodium broth ...

Chloe222
05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!

Welcome!! :welcome:

You'll love the friendship and support you find here and the best thing will be the results you'll soon see!

Wuv,
Missed you! Where have you been?

Your new picture is positively stunning!

Quick question: After I eat my phase 3 breakfast and phase 2 lunch (I'm day 4 into phase 3 of vacation phase off), I get extremely tired. Can't keep my eyes open. Any ideas?

Hi everybody! Only 5 days left before my Navy weigh in and I only lost 1 lb this week, although I did lose quite a few inches. That makes a depressing total of 1.6 lbs in the past 3 weeks! My 2 scales at home say I am safe, but my coach's scale says I am 1 lb over. Could this be any more dramatic?!? :) I'm nervous and excited for you. You can do it!! Please let us know how it goes.

I am back from my week 11 WI. I lost 7.6 pounds and 6 inches in 3 weeks. Gotta love that :) I love shrinking!!! Next week I should be in the 150's, gotta love that even more :)

You look wonderful! Congrats on getting that scale to move! Fingers crossed the doctor has good news for you.

mooselover
05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
checking to see if my signature picture shows up............

shathom
05-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Phase 4
Ending weight 125
I don't think I could have done it without you guys. The support and knowledge here is beyond amazing.
Have a great weekend!
OMG, that is amazing! Congratulations to you both, what inspiration you give me. IP is the best:congrat:

lisab
05-11-2012, 02:54 PM
You have to shake that one REAL well. I had that happen to me the first time I made it ... incidently I ate it clumps and all and it was fine (it tasted fine ... and I am still alive :)). BUT the second time I shook it much longer than I do for anything else and there were no clumps.

The chicken broth thing I don't know because when I asked my coach she said no because it was high in sodium and I wasn't thinking fast enough to ask about the low sodium broth ...

Thanks for answering!

Tripmama
05-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Although mine has a significantly different number at 5 different places on my bathroom floor lol. I just don't want to go into a doctors office with a callibrated scale and find out my weight is not what I thought it was!! Maybe I will head into the clinic I used to work at after every weigh in and recheck myself??

!!!

Get rid of the scale until maintenance when you will need it, meanwhile just trust your body and IP that you will be losing. Extra benefit...WIs are so much fun and a surprise!

You will be sooooo glad you found IP and this group!!! !

I love your pics...you shirt is hanging off you whereas in the before pic you are filling it out. Great Work Mooselover!

Does this count as a cheat?

IMO it is life and not a cheat. It has happened to me a few times on this journey. The biggest thing is to get right back to OP the very next meal. Great job and I am glad the baby is ok.

Phase 4
Ending weight 125
Have a great weekend!

Awesome:carrot:

Tripmama
05-11-2012, 02:58 PM
As for me WI#16 and another 5 pounds and 3 inches gone FOREVER! Loving getting into smaller clothes and shopping through my "skinny" clothes. There are still some that it feels like I will never get into...but I know I will before I know it. 5.5 pounds until I am half way to my goal. Loving the IP life.

Have a great Friday!

Lala0620
05-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Out on the boat today, hoping to catch some salmon dinner! 1st WI is this afternoon. Can't wait to see the results of my first week!

ProteinGal
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
checking to see if my signature picture shows up............

Looking good! WTG mooselover! ;)

ProteinGal
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
As for me WI#16 and another 5 pounds and 3 inches gone FOREVER! Loving getting into smaller clothes and shopping through my "skinny" clothes. There are still some that it feels like I will never get into...but I know I will before I know it. 5.5 pounds until I am half way to my goal. Loving the IP life.

Have a great Friday!

:cheer3: Awesome WI!!!! WTG!

shathom
05-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Awesome Tripmama:bravo::dance:

lisab
05-11-2012, 03:15 PM
While I had a minute I wanted to say thanks to all of you for being here! You are all a source of information, comfort, and solidarity. Thanks again!

Ducksmy
05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi Everyone,
It has been awhile since I have been on! Everyone seems to be doing so well!
Getting closer to my goal!

jenn04
05-11-2012, 03:19 PM
WI # 7 -2 prob would have lost a lil more, but I did have a a lil extra turkey ground meat the other night bc I was hungryoh well Ill take it

KitKat169
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I have an old recipe that I've been meaning to break out on IP. Roast eggplant and a head or two of garlic. Puree together with water or suitable veg or chicken stock and it makes a very tasty soup.

My coach has told me that when I simply can't get to make a meal, eat a 4th packet for the day and therefore miss your 8 oz protein. It is still good to get the veggies in but hey you had to do the best you could under the circumstances so good choice.

My coach told me the same thing last night. Do not count the Raspberry Jelly towards your 3 IP packets per day.
I talked to my coach about this last week and also the blueberry cran drink. They are "free" packets above the daily 3 but to have them in moderation only. I.e. every 2-3 days at most.

Look on the recipe threads for making flatbread out of the soups. I used to like the broccoli cheese soup then got tired of it but with lots of packets left. I tried it as a flatbread and loved it! You can add different spices to help mix it up and it transports well to take it to work for lunch.

KitKat169
05-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone. I had my lunch today while working at my desk as usual. However today it seemed to be an extra small lunch and I'm still hungry. I have pickles in my fridge to snack on but I thought I would be indulgent and spend a few minutes on this forum while sipping a mug of IP tea to see if I could get the hunger to pass. The support here is so awesome but for today no luck so I must be really hungry. On to the pickles and back to work.

Have a great OP afternoon!

paulimapi
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I miss bread!
Haha, other than that, going well.
Hope everyone is doing okay, too! :)

Sammi67
05-11-2012, 03:32 PM

This is my favoirte! It tastes like chicken pot pie (with out the crust of course).

haddy4
05-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Weigh in #3 this morning and I'm down another 4.8 lbs!!! 20 lbs - gone 4ever!

Fantastic..!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

Goldenrod
05-11-2012, 03:41 PM

Have a great OP day!
I just tried the new products today too. Strawberry wafer was pretty good. Tasted like the real deal :) chicken ala king was good too. I added a bit of black pepper, garlic & onion powder as I thought it could use a little more flavor.

haddy4
05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I miss bread!
Haha, other than that, going well.
Hope everyone is doing okay, too! :)

ha ha me too!!!! I LOVE BREAD...:dizzy:......but we will both be strong and not eat it !!!!! :hug:

paulimapi
05-11-2012, 03:57 PM
ha ha me too!!!! I LOVE BREAD...:dizzy:......but we will both be strong and not eat it !!!!! :hug:

Haha yup! We'll be able to eat it eventually so for now let's just be strong :) :hug:

takers
05-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Glad we get to start over every day OP! Last night DH wanted a night off so we headed to a favorite sports bar for dinner. I tried so hard to order something OP so I got a baked chicken salad. Well, let's say that what came reminded me of why Americans are more and more obese these days. Thankfully I pushed aside the non-OP items, didn't eat the fried shell it came in (ok much of it), and didn't have dressing with it. I was really worried what the scale would reveal today but I'm happy to report I'm still down.

I think a positive that came out of this experience is that my idea of what a healthy meal is has changed as well as what I consider a healthy portion size. Before IP I wouldn't have batted my eyes at what showed up on my plate because it was a salad and all salads are healthy ya know. :D

LizRR
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Back from WI#10 and down 2lb, -1.25", and -0.5% bodyfat. I was expecting -0 so this was very welcome! My coach asked me if I would be interested in a before and after fashion show they are holding soon - I told her as long as I'm an After! She also told me to go shopping because my jeans are getting too saggy in the butt - we joke around like that though, she's really awesome.

Have a great Friday!

It's progress like yours that just keeps my willpower strong. To lose 5lb at WI#16 is amazing! And I am loving the new pic!

I have an old recipe that I've been meaning to break out on IP. Roast eggplant and a head or two of garlic. Puree together with water or suitable veg or chicken stock and it makes a very tasty soup.

Thanks for the recipe KitKat. I am getting big into the veggie purees lately - I like to flavor up my chicken soup to be something different every few days or so. I got into the roasted poblanos this week, but want to keep it new.

cupcakecathy
05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Day two, so much better than first day. Love the yogurt drink and broccoli soup (added cup of asparagus). Drinking my water and plugging along.

Amy4322
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I am so thrilled to have found the Ideal Protein diet. This diet has totally changed my life. I was happy with every aspect of my life with the exception of my weight. I have a great job, an amazing husband and a beautiful 18 month old son. I thought about starting this plan for almost a year before I actually started it. The way I looked at it was this... Each day I would wake up and hate myself more and more because of my weight. I would feel bad about myself and eat something to make me feel better. I decided to take all of the negative energy that I was expending on hating myself and put it towards a weight loss goal. I took the leap of faith and started IP in January of 2012. At my first appointment I weighed in at 209 lbs. That was the heaviest that I have ever been in my whole life. I was shocked but more over I was so disgusted with myself that I had let my weight get that out of control. I went home that day and started my new diet/life plan. Today marks the start of my 18th Week on this program. I weighed in at 154 lbs. That is 9 lbs from my original goal but I think I am going to try to get down to around 125-130. My whole life has changed for the better. People treat you differently when you look good. I don't feel like the "fat girl" anymore. I will never ever ever go back to being the fat girl. Thanks to the Ideal Protein Diet I now have to tools to keep my weight at a healthy level. Its easy to tell people to eat less or to just exercise but its not that simple for all of us. The Ideal Protein Diet has made weight loss an attainable goal for me which is something I have struggled with for my entire life. I know I browsed through this forum numerous times to see what people said about this diet before I actually tried it myself. I can't speak for everyone but I can say for me, the Ideal Protein Diet has made my life worlds better. I have more self confidence. I am happier. I am healthier and I got my sexy back!!! Love to all my fellow IP soldiers. Remember... Loosing the weight is the battle, Keeping it off is the war.

sprite613
05-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!

I had my first WI this morning and I LOST 5 Pounds in my first week!! :carrot: AND 3 inches!

Now I am a little bloated since it's my TOM but otherwise I feel great! Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and I love reading the updates every day! Now off to the store to get some more veggies.

Have a great OP weekend!! (I will be working so its easy for me LOL)

reneepw
05-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I am so thrilled to have found the Ideal Protein diet. This diet has totally changed my life. I was happy with every aspect of my life with the exception of my weight. I have a great job, an amazing husband and a beautiful 18 month old son. I thought about starting this plan for almost a year before I actually started it. The way I looked at it was this... Each day I would wake up and hate myself more and more because of my weight. I would feel bad about myself and eat something to make me feel better. I decided to take all of the negative energy that I was expending on hating myself and put it towards a weight loss goal. I took the leap of faith and started IP in January of 2012. At my first appointment I weighed in at 209 lbs. That was the heaviest that I have ever been in my whole life. I was shocked but more over I was so disgusted with myself that I had let my weight get that out of control. I went home that day and started my new diet/life plan. Today marks the start of my 18th Week on this program. I weighed in at 154 lbs. That is 9 lbs from my original goal but I think I am going to try to get down to around 125-130. My whole life has changed for the better. People treat you differently when you look good. I don't feel like the "fat girl" anymore. I will never ever ever go back to being the fat girl. Thanks to the Ideal Protein Diet I now have to tools to keep my weight at a healthy level. Its easy to tell people to eat less or to just exercise but its not that simple for all of us. The Ideal Protein Diet has made weight loss an attainable goal for me which is something I have struggled with for my entire life. I know I browsed through this forum numerous times to see what people said about this diet before I actually tried it myself. I can't speak for everyone but I can say for me, the Ideal Protein Diet has made my life worlds better. I have more self confidence. I am happier. I am healthier and I got my sexy back!!! Love to all my fellow IP soldiers. Remember... Loosing the weight is the battle, Keeping it off is the war.
I wish this was like Facebook where I could click LIKE on your post. What an inspiration!

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 05:06 PM
:carrot: thanks for all the info and helping me on IP you are a great help and you look awesome :wave::
Hey do you ride a motorcycle? If so, what kind? I have a Suzuki SV650S (v-twin with a sportbike frame)

Shrinking Shrinking Shrinking!!! You go!

Women store estrogen in our fat cells. On IP as we use the fatty acids to produce the ketones that fuel our body (instead of carbs and our glycogen stores), we burn off the fat and release the estrogen into our bloodstream. So you are not imagining the hormonal swings, or the crazy TOM spotting. Your anger means its working!
Thanks, I was afraid I was going crazy!

Out on the boat today, hoping to catch some salmon dinner! 1st WI is this afternoon. Can't wait to see the results of my first week!
Oooh salmon, catch me some :D I only ever caught bullheads or perch, maybe walleye once and a while...

Thank you for that beautiful post :) I think a lot of us don't want to be "the fat girl" anymore :hug:

rvingprincess
05-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Have a great OP day!

I have tried the strawberry wafer cookie, it is good. Real yummy

Stefany1769
05-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Here are some of the things I do with soup.
Chicken noodle, I add broccoli, cauliflower, green cabbage, onions, celery and a little bit of canned chicken(1 ounce) to it. It really fills me up.
Broccoli cheddar soup, I add a whole cup of broccoli to it and a lot of sea salt

I also like to have a salad with half a bag of white cheddar crisps as 'croutons' :)
If I have a sweet tooth I have half a bag of the chocolate or lemon soy puffs

Good luck!

tauthier
05-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Great job Amy!!!! I can't wait to feel the way you feel again!

mooselover
05-11-2012, 06:24 PM
NSV for the day. I told my husband that I am so glad I chose to do IP and he told me he was glad to, that I seem happier lately. Well ya, losing 30 pounds can make someone happier :)

mooselover
05-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I have tried the strawberry wafer cookie, it is good. Real yummy

I want to try that, we don't have them way up here in Alaska yet. They are on the way!!! I did get the Chicken Ala King. Mmmmmm it was good.

jcjnjj
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Fantastic..!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

Thanks!!!

paulimapi
05-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Guys, how much mustard is okay? And how much lemon juice? I use lemon juice for my water so it tastes better and also I add it to my cups of cucumbers.

wuv2bloved
05-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Welcome!! :welcome:

Wuv,
Missed you! Where have you been?

Your new picture is positively stunning!

Quick question: After I eat my phase 3 breakfast and phase 2 lunch (I'm day 4 into phase 3 of vacation phase off), I get extremely tired. Can't keep my eyes open. Any ideas?

I was out of town for a few days then when I got home my son is home for the summer from college and he was running a fever of 103. Spent the day at the hospital with him, he has a really bad upper respiratory infection. Finally today he is feeling better.
Phase 2 lunch? If you are having a phase 3 breakfast you should be having 8oz of protein for lunch with the 2 cups of veggies like dinner. How many packets are you eating a day now and what phase are you in?

Stefany1769
05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
HI all!
Thanks!

I think you can add broth.
As far as the clumps, I think they are trying to simulate "chicken". It has done that to me no matter how I change the cooking times.

PEIslandGirl
05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Well my scale finally moved. I can see such a difference since I started and my clothing size has gone from a 10-12 to 4-6 BUT the crazy thing is that no one is noticing (or at least they are not commenting). I am a little disappointed that no one is saying anything. Maybe I didn't look as fat as I thought I did....lol

auroragrl
05-11-2012, 09:46 PM

My coach recommended to me to not weigh for that reason, and that most of the weight loss will happen the 5th and 6th day before weigh in - hang in there!!!!!!!:dizzy:

licaba
05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Well i started IP January 4th. I cannot believe 4 months have gone by. I started IP because I wanted to feel better in a bathing suit for an all inclusive trip to the Dominican with my husband and some friends. I've been looking forward to this vacation and last week I actually bought BIKINIS! I had 2 good friends go with me to shop for them and they both gave me so much encouragement and so many compliments.

I saw my coach yesterday and wont see her again until the 25th if May. I am so nervous! She expects me to go and have fun not over indulge but have what I want, she said she expects me to gain but is confident after a week or 2 I will be back on track and goal in reach. I am just so scared that I'll get those carbs and wont want to stop. I love the new me and I don't want her to fall back into bad habits.

I have given away most of my bigger clothes... I am refusing to buy jeans until the fall comes because I won't wear them much during the summer anyway and I don't want to waste money. Also, I bought some of my vacation clothes at Forever 21... I can't believe I fit into that stuff!

I just don't want to be one of those people that jumps off the wagon and gains it all back... I think that is my biggest fear!! So here in this public forum I will promise you all this

1. I will see my coach the day after I return from my trip.
2. I will start Phase 1 again the morning after I get home (we get home shortly after midnight on the 24th)
3. I will reach my goal and phase off the right way!!!

thank you for listening to me babble! Good luck to all of you!!

Momto2cs
05-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Have a great trip. Try to stay lower carb...it helps!

txman2012
05-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone. Just started IP on 05-01-12. (338.6) First week WI was -10lbs! I know most is water so am interested in what week 2 will hold. I have been rather impressed with this diet plan. No big headaches, I am feeling good and drinking tons of water with no problem. ( helped that I don't drink sodas...cant imagine the w/d from that along with the carbs. )

Couple of quick questions - I have noticed people mentioning using Molly MC Butter? Is that allowed on Phase1? Any other flavor type items simmilar to that one we can use? My coach is good but strict to the letter. I have been using Mrs Dash Onion and Herb blend to put on salads and veggies and it helps quite a bit.

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Well my scale finally moved. I can see such a difference since I started and my clothing size has gone from a 10-12 to 4-6 BUT the crazy thing is that no one is noticing (or at least they are not commenting). I am a little disappointed that no one is saying anything. Maybe I didn't look as fat as I thought I did....lol
I think my first goal is your starting weight, and the only people noticing so far are the other people who are on IP as well. Even DH hasn't commented really. I'd love to get to goal of around 130 but I think once I hit 170 I'm going to have to bask in the glory of the first 30 pounds for a week or two and then try to break through (what I'm sure will be) a huge plateau.

My coach recommended to me to not weigh for that reason, and that most of the weight loss will happen the 5th and 6th day before weigh in - hang in there!!!!!!!:dizzy:
Huh, who knew. I'm hangin' in there :) This weekend DH is out of town so I'm going to chic-flic it up, snack on cucumbers like they're going out of style and have my hot cocoa WonderSlim for a special treat tonight. I will admit that I'm cutting out my restricters this weekend hoping for a help with that :) I mean, I walked 5 days in a row this week, 30 minutes each, roughly 1.7 miles so that HAS to count for something right? Pants aren't fitting any looser right now, but I'm sure that'll come and go (squeezed into a 14 after blowing past 16s in january)

wendywendy
05-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm 2 weeks into the IP program...have had some ups and downs but doing okay and sticking with it!! Have lost a total of 8 lbs as of Tuesday..Yay for me!. Ive had headaches for just over a week...suppose to be a side effect but i'm muddling through them with tylenol....

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a substitute that i can use as "milk" for my morning offee rather than the IP vanilla shake. The IP is pretty costly to use continuously if there is an alternative. Any suggestions are most welcome.

This forum is certainly an inspiration! xoxo

Momto2cs
05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Embrace black coffee!

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm 2 weeks into the IP program...have had some ups and downs but doing okay and sticking with it!! Have lost a total of 8 lbs as of Tuesday..Yay for me!. Ive had headaches for just over a week...suppose to be a side effect but i'm muddling through them with tylenol....

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a substitute that i can use as "milk" for my morning offee rather than the IP vanilla shake. The IP is pretty costly to use continuously if there is an alternative. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Atkins makes a good ready-to-drink vanilla drink that you can use in moderation, low low carb, some fat content though. Also, I think it's Splenda that makes flavored sugar-free coffee sweetener? Maybe give that a shot. And you can still do your 1 ounce of skim milk unless your coach says no.

auroragrl
05-11-2012, 10:36 PM
First WI was yesterday - down 8 lbs. and 8 inches! My goal for next week is 5.

Have a question though - will I ever be able to have pasta again - or a BLT(my FAVORITE)

My daughter's graduation is this weekend and thinking about the cake - and hope I can have again someday.

I think I'm too tired tonight.

:) I love this sight though!!!!

Chloe222
05-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I was out of town for a few days then when I got home my son is home for the summer from college and he was running a fever of 103. Spent the day at the hospital with him, he has a really bad upper respiratory infection. Finally today he is feeling better.
Phase 2 lunch? If you are having a phase 3 breakfast you should be having 8oz of protein for lunch with the 2 cups of veggies like dinner. How many packets are you eating a day now and what phase are you in?

Wuv,
I'm sorry to hear about your son and very glad to hear he is better.

I am in phase 3 as part of my vacation phase off - getting ready for 10th wedding anniversary trip.

Eating a proper phase 3 breakfast (watching components and nutrition carefully), having 8 oz protein w/ 2 c veggies at lunch, same at dinner and maybe a salad w/ WF dressing. Have packet before bedtime. So really 1 packet/day (bedtime). The rest is real food. Drinking all my water, getting my salt, oil and vitamins. Any ideas re the exhaustion after eating? TOM not a factor (in menopause).

When this happens and I can allow the time to do it, I'll take a 20 min nap, its so helpful. I also find I feel extremely hungry once again, even though I ate a full IP appropriate meal within the past hour...

Thanks for any advice,
Chloe

mooselover
05-11-2012, 10:46 PM

I just bought the EAS Carb Control drinks to use for my coffee. I was using the Vanilla RTD as well and felt the same way. I got them at sams club for 30.00 for 24. But I like in Alaska, so you might find they are cheaper.

wuv2bloved
05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone. Just started IP on 05-01-12. (338.6) First week WI was -10lbs! I know most is water so am interested in what week 2 will hold. I have been rather impressed with this diet plan. No big headaches, I am feeling good and drinking tons of water with no problem. ( helped that I don't drink sodas...cant imagine the w/d from that along with the carbs. )

Couple of quick questions - I have noticed people mentioning using Molly MC Butter? Is that allowed on Phase1? Any other flavor type items simmilar to that one we can use? My coach is good but strict to the letter. I have been using Mrs Dash Onion and Herb blend to put on salads and veggies and it helps quite a bit.
Don't be surprised if you have a big number your second week as well. I loss 9.8 the first week then 8.4 the next. Land O Lakes makes cheddar cheese sprinkles, sour cream and onion sprinkles and a parmasean (sp) sprinkle. You can find it in the seasoning section.

Wuv,

I am in phase 3 as part of my vacation phase off - getting ready for 10th wedding anniversary trip.

Eating a proper phase 3 breakfast (watching components and nutrition carefully), having 8 oz protein w/ 2 c veggies at lunch, same at dinner and maybe a salad w/ WF dressing. Have packet before bedtime. So really 1 packet/day (bedtime). The rest is real food. Drinking all my water, getting my salt, oil and vitamins. Any ideas re the exhaustion after eating? TOM not a factor (in menopause).

When this happens and I can allow the time to do it, I'll take a 20 min nap, its so helpful. I also find I feel extremely hungry once again, even though I ate a full IP appropriate meal within the past hour...

Thanks for any advice,
Chloe

hmmm you got me on this. Maybe its your body adjusting to eating real food at that time since it was used of eating the other for so long. Maybe try adding some more salt to see what happens.

Journey36
05-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Good morning all,
I copied an older welcome post from Wuv and we now have the live link for Dr Tran's book on IP. See the last link above.

Recommend that all newbies take the time to read it. (Plus be sure you read the stickies and then the book.) It will explain so much of the philosophy and science and that's pretty motivating - and we all need motivation now and then!

Know that Dr Tran's book is somewhat old, and they made numerous changes in the diet and so when you see discrepancies, know that the latest protocol your coach has would be what to follow - if in doubt. Still really valuable to read.
I definitely recommend reading the book- it's old and not an exciting read but it has good info and rationale behind IP. There were a few ideas that really stuck out for me and helped me wrap my head around the strictness of the diet and staying in ketosis. The book talked about eating a balanced diet being the key to maintaining weight... But to loose weight you need a temporary imbalance. hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!

Darralyn
05-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi Friends,
I am really struggling this evening wanting to eat more. I think it is emotional hunger instead of physical because I had my complete dinner with all the veggies and protien; even had my evening snack but wanting a restricted bar. I am not going to give in...that is why I am here. Several things I tell myself is "the bar isn't going to love me back, in fact it could turn into a binge", "there is another meal coming in the morning" and "you deserve better than being a slave to food". So far I am staying out of the kitchen; but know I will have to go to bed soon to continue abstaining from the "bar".
Thank you all that this forum exits...right now it is a lifeline~

ferrousgal
05-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Awesome self discipline strikes again today!

We were out and about getting a haircut for me and looking at potential places to live and DH wanted to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I always get this meal of taco and enchilada with rice and beans. I knew I needed to find something else, tried carne asada instead (YUM! btw), ate absolutely no chips while DH and DD pigged out (that was hard because I so love chips at a restaurant). My one mess up was probably the refried beans which even though they are fatty, I figured they might be too many carbs but not ridiculous like eating the rice, eating a bunch of chips or tortillas or something. I'm guessing net carb amount from looking at values online is rough 15g, so I was pleasantly surprised at that. Kind of a 2/3rds cheat. Hopefully I will not be set back days for that indiscretion!

Now I'm really paying for the beans with intense gas right now, but YAY ME! for resisting the irresistible pull of my favorite restaurant.

ferrousgal
05-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I definitely recommend reading the book- it's old and not an exciting read but it has good info and rationale behind IP. There were a few ideas that really stuck out for me and helped me wrap my head around the strictness of the diet and staying in ketosis. The book talked about eating a balanced diet being the key to maintaining weight... But to lose weight you need a temporary imbalance. hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!

I read the book in a couple hours one morning and I am by no means a speed reader. What I really liked about it over rereading Atkins again last year was that Tran explains a little more about why things like alcohol are bad, why it takes a week to get back on track for many people, etc.. Atkins is so focussed on describing all the research that happened in the 1960s that it just gets boring and hard to keep reading.

ferrousgal
05-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Is it really weird that I'm getting huge satisfaction out of drinking a mug of beef broth right now? LOL.

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I had an up and down kind of day, with DH being gone now until Monday, which means I'll have a lot of down time on my own, which usually used to lead to mindless eating. i have a different goal this weekend:

Tonight: Work on my blog, adding motivational weight loss images as I modify them on Photobucket.

Tomorrow AM: Clean the house, do laundry, make lunch and take one of the dogs on a short walk, followed by the second dog after that (hard to walk together, they are huge and competitive)

Tomorrow PM: Invited my parents to dinner, making an IP dinner of the pork tenderloin w/ cinnamon and red peppers, then going to a movie with them (their treat since I'm feeding them).

Sunday AM: Brush the dogs outside, then mow the lawn (DH didn't have time before leaving for his trip). Make a light lunch and take a nap.

Sunday PM: Get work done for my job so I can have a super impressive preview with the boss on a new tutorial I'm writing...

Wow, looking at my goals, not sure if I can do them all, but I'm gonna try, and at least I'll be less likely to eat extra.

Kaypix
05-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Is it really weird that I'm getting huge satisfaction out of drinking a mug of beef broth right now? LOL.

Nah, just having a sodium downswing for a it ;)

MaMaZu
05-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi Friends,
I am really struggling this evening wanting to eat more. I think it is emotional hunger instead of physical because I had my complete dinner with all the veggies and protien; even had my evening snack but wanting a restricted bar. I am not going to give in...that is why I am here. Several things I tell myself is "the bar isn't going to love me back, in fact it could turn into a binge", "there is another meal coming in the morning" and "you deserve better than being a slave to food". So far I am staying out of the kitchen; but know I will have to go to bed soon to continue abstaining from the "bar".

You'll find this happens from time to time. Just stay the course, and interestingly, You'll find the next morning you are satiated, and additionally, you'll have a great loss at your next weigh-in.

Darralyn
05-11-2012, 11:16 PM
You'll find this happens from time to time. Just stay the course, and interestingly, You'll find the next morning you are satiated, and additionally, you'll have a great loss at your next weigh-in.

Thanks for your kind words of wisdom. I appreciate hearing from others with the same experiences.

BTW you look fabulous!!

haddy4
05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Hi Friends,

Maybe have some decaf herbal tea? :^:

Darralyn
05-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Maybe have some decaf herbal tea? :^:

Thanks, Haddy that sounds like a good idea.

txman2012
05-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Don't be surprised if you have a big number your second week as well. I loss 9.8 the first week then 8.4 the next. Land O Lakes makes cheddar cheese sprinkles, sour cream and onion sprinkles and a parmasean (sp) sprinkle. You can find it in the seasoning section.

Wow. Thanks...so are they above "allowed" on Phase 1? Or just not officially? ;)

thanks Again!

LizRR
05-11-2012, 11:52 PM

I would try a lick of salt instead of Tylenol for your headaches. A majority of the early headaches, nausea, lightheaded ness is due to low salt intake.
The EAS Carb Control Vanilla is a nice cost saving alternative to the IP drinks.

First WI was yesterday - down 8 lbs. and 8 inches! My goal for next week is 5.

Have a question though - will I ever be able to have pasta again - or a BLT(my FAVORITE)

My daughter's graduation is this weekend and thinking about the cake - and hope I can have again someday.

I think I'm too tired tonight.

:) I love this sight though!!!!

This isn't a forever diet! Remember that, it is an unbalanced, short term weight loss protocol. After you have reached your goal and phased out properly with a well rested pancreas you will be able to enjoy your old favorites. Pasta, BLTs, and cake are not on the endangered species list. They will still be there when you are done!

Hi Friends,

I have been enjoying a cup of hot herbal tea every night. I am a recovering late night snacker and have found that this is a lifesaver as I am trying to make a lifetime habit of not eating after 8pm dinner.

Awesome self discipline strikes again today!

We were out and about getting a haircut for me and looking at potential places to live and DH wanted to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I always get this meal of taco and enchilada with rice and beans. I knew I needed to find something else, tried carne asada instead (YUM! btw), ate absolutely no chips while DH and DD pigged out (that was hard because I so love chips at a restaurant). My one mess up was probably the refried beans which even though they are fatty, I figured they might be too many carbs but not ridiculous like eating the rice, eating a bunch of chips or tortillas or something. I'm guessing net carb amount from looking at values online is rough 15g, so I was pleasantly surprised at that. Kind of a 2/3rds cheat. Hopefully I will not be set back days for that indiscretion!

Now I'm really paying for the beans with intense gas right now, but YAY ME! for resisting the irresistible pull of my favorite restaurant.

Next time order carne asada with grilled peppers instead of the beans. You won't be set back days, but it's good to have a plan for the next time.

smile2laugh
05-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Hi IPeeps!
I had WI #7 & -4lbs ! Now that I found out I've been cheating -I thought one restricted meant only one of those foods not 3x times so I was having 2-3 restricted foods a day sometimes. I've lost 28lbs in 7 weeks - I wonder what I could have lost if my coach explained it clearer or told me to keep a journal.

mtnsun4
05-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Challenge for the evening- hubby is ordering pizza. And, it is late- 9pm. All I can say is that he was kind enough to ask me, and he has not ordered pizza for the past 4 months due to IP. So, I figure if he wants pizza, he can have pizza. I, however, will have my pudding! :) Goodnight all!

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 12:12 AM
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp6/TheAnonymousGit/Weight%20loss%20motivation/3a46c257.jpg

I hope this shows up right :)

auroragrl
05-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Raspberry jello!!!! I love you!!!

Momto2cs
05-12-2012, 12:34 AM
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp6/TheAnonymousGit/Weight%20loss%20motivation/3a46c257.jpg

What a great post!

Samba
05-12-2012, 12:41 AM
What a great post!
I agree! Love that. It is especially true with IP...rested pancreas, improved blood sugar and other important values!!

DanafromAustin
05-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Wuv,

Thanks for any advice,
Chloe
Unfortunately I think this is from introducing a higher carb count back into your life. Hopefully your body will adjust the longer you are on phase 3 and eventually phase 4.

Perfect timing for me to read such a great quote. Thanks for sharing that.

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Perfect timing for me to read such a great quote. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks :) I am going through as many motivational posters as I can until I pass out, and then post them all to my blog based on their "category" (be thin, exercise, lose weight, motivation in general)

harleygirl59
05-12-2012, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=Kaypix;4330063]Hey do you ride a motorcycle? If so, what kind? I have a Suzuki SV650S (v-twin with a sportbike frame)

yes i have a harley mine is a 2009 heritage softail just love it

Kaypix
05-12-2012, 01:04 AM
yes i have a harley mine is a 2009 heritage softail just love it

Nice :) My DH has a VRSC (V-Rod) and is in the process of completely rebuilding it, actually driving to Iowa to build the engine this weekend, and start putting parts back together in the frame next week.

Stefany1769
05-12-2012, 01:55 AM

Have you tried upping your salt intake to get rid of the headaches?

Stefany1769
05-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Wuv,

Thanks for any advice,
Chloe

I know nothing about phase 3 :) but I know that I used to get really tired after eating because of carbs/sugars. Do you think the increase in carbs, even if it is from veggies, could be giving you the sleepys?

Stefany1769
05-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi Friends,

We are in this together! :hug: keep thinking positive thoughts!

takers
05-12-2012, 02:13 AM
I know I should know this, but I honestly can't remember.

I had a chicken salad for dinner tonight. Did the iceberg lettuce I had count towards my 2 cups of veggies?

Sonyasbug
05-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Hi Friends,

Going to bed is always my key at night!

Stefany1769
05-12-2012, 02:34 AM
I know I should know this, but I honestly can't remember.

I had a chicken salad for dinner tonight. Did the iceberg lettuce I had count towards my 2 cups of veggies?

No lettuce is your unlimited veggie and does not count towards your 2cup count. :)

ProteinGal
05-13-2012, 02:01 AM
I do find it very interesting to read all the differences between coaches' approaches. As an example, I don't believe I have read of any other coach recommending the following as "free"; Nestea Zero and Nestea Zero Green Tea, dill pickles and kale as well as Dentyne Fire Gum..

My coach ok'd Nestea Zero Green Tea, I can have it once in awhile, not everyday. I have maybe one a week at the most, it is made with Splenda here in Canada and it doesn't have the bad stuff in it like other diet pop does, a little caffeine but that's about it.

Dill Pickles are allowed as part of your veggies and gum is allowed as long its 000 and count towards your 1-3 Splenda products a day. But yeah, all coaches and clinics have their different rules ;)