Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #61  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Does anyone here find their tempers getting short? I know that I tend to repress a lot of emotion, so if fat "stores" emotion then it makes sense it's letting it "all hang out" right now, but I'm normally a happy bubbly person, and now it's all I can do to not snap at the people around me (who obviously don't deserve it.)

Also, I've been "spotting" like super mild TOM since this started. I'm not sure if it's because of that, the Depo shot I just got a month ago, or the pregnancy that I lost a week before the Depo shot, but it's getting really old wearing panty liners daily!!! Sorry, a little TMI but I'm seriously just all about this whole thing right now.
Women store estrogen in our fat cells. On IP as we use the fatty acids to produce the ketones that fuel our body (instead of carbs and our glycogen stores), we burn off the fat and release the estrogen into our bloodstream. So you are not imagining the hormonal swings, or the crazy TOM spotting. Your anger means its working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
So I have hit a soup wall. I knew that it would happen eventually I guess but I have been in a routine of a chocolate or a cappuccino drink in the morning and a soup with a salad and veggies for lunch since I started IP. Today lunch came and I can't even LOOK at the soup. The idea of eating it is so unappealing it is crazy. I vary the kind of soup I eat but I didn't even know what kind was in my bag today I just knew I couldn't bear to eat one more bowl of soup. Blah. So guess I am going to have to rethink the lunch plan. Good news is I brought the SW cheese curls for a snack later tonight and there is so much in that bag that I just ate that with my salad and veggies and was good to go. But being a creature of habit I HATE to use my restricted so early in the day. Other than that having a great OP day !!! The sun is shining ... it is Friday .... what more could I ask for??
I have soup every day for lunch - I always have chicken soup. Its actually my favorite because its so easy to change the flavor with whatever veggie puree I add to it (I'm not too crazy about it on its own). This week I made a big batch of 5 roasted poblanos, 2 red bell peppers, 2 jalapenos, and 5 garlic cloves that I pureed and split up into my 5 lunches this week. I am planning a cauliflower, celery, garlic puree for next week. Personally, this is how I keep my variety with my soup lunch. But I wouldn't be afraid to mix things up if you need to. What a treat to have pudding for lunch! Speaking of which, I'm ordering vanilla pudding today to try the miracle noodle rice pudding someone posted about earlier this week!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisab View Post
HI all!
A question: I'm making the IP Chicken Noodle Soup and it has weird tofu-like clumps. Did I do something wrong?
And can I add chicken broth?
Thanks!
You have to shake that one REAL well. I had that happen to me the first time I made it ... incidently I ate it clumps and all and it was fine (it tasted fine ... and I am still alive ). BUT the second time I shook it much longer than I do for anything else and there were no clumps.

The chicken broth thing I don't know because when I asked my coach she said no because it was high in sodium and I wasn't thinking fast enough to ask about the low sodium broth ...
Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!
Welcome!!

You'll love the friendship and support you find here and the best thing will be the results you'll soon see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning, looks like we have awesome WI's already so everyone looks to have had a good week. Those of you who loss little or stayed the same (ME) keep your chins up it will show next week. Suppose to be a rainy weekend here so it looks like it will be an indoor kinda weekend. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Wuv,
Missed you! Where have you been?

Your new picture is positively stunning!

Quick question: After I eat my phase 3 breakfast and phase 2 lunch (I'm day 4 into phase 3 of vacation phase off), I get extremely tired. Can't keep my eyes open. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Hi everybody! Only 5 days left before my Navy weigh in and I only lost 1 lb this week, although I did lose quite a few inches. That makes a depressing total of 1.6 lbs in the past 3 weeks! My 2 scales at home say I am safe, but my coach's scale says I am 1 lb over. Could this be any more dramatic?!?
I'm nervous and excited for you. You can do it!! Please let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am back from my week 11 WI. I lost 7.6 pounds and 6 inches in 3 weeks. Gotta love that I love shrinking!!! Next week I should be in the 150's, gotta love that even more
You look wonderful! Congrats on getting that scale to move! Fingers crossed the doctor has good news for you.

Last edited by Chloe222; 05-11-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #64  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

checking to see if my signature picture shows up............
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #65  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Phase 4
Ending weight 125
DH and I are now down 110 lbs.
I don't think I could have done it without you guys. The support and knowledge here is beyond amazing.
Have a great weekend!
OMG, that is amazing! Congratulations to you both, what inspiration you give me. IP is the best
Old 05-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 229/222/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
You have to shake that one REAL well. I had that happen to me the first time I made it ... incidently I ate it clumps and all and it was fine (it tasted fine ... and I am still alive ). BUT the second time I shook it much longer than I do for anything else and there were no clumps.

The chicken broth thing I don't know because when I asked my coach she said no because it was high in sodium and I wasn't thinking fast enough to ask about the low sodium broth ...
Thanks for answering!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #67  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking Ip Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf View Post
Although mine has a significantly different number at 5 different places on my bathroom floor lol. I just don't want to go into a doctors office with a callibrated scale and find out my weight is not what I thought it was!! Maybe I will head into the clinic I used to work at after every weigh in and recheck myself??

!!!
Get rid of the scale until maintenance when you will need it, meanwhile just trust your body and IP that you will be losing. Extra benefit...WIs are so much fun and a surprise!

Quote:
You will be sooooo glad you found IP and this group!!! !
I love your pics...you shirt is hanging off you whereas in the before pic you are filling it out. Great Work Mooselover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Does this count as a cheat?
IMO it is life and not a cheat. It has happened to me a few times on this journey. The biggest thing is to get right back to OP the very next meal. Great job and I am glad the baby is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Phase 4
Ending weight 125
DH and I are now down 110 lbs.
I don't think I could have done it without you guys. The support and knowledge here is beyond amazing.
Have a great weekend!
Awesome
Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #68  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

As for me WI#16 and another 5 pounds and 3 inches gone FOREVER! Loving getting into smaller clothes and shopping through my "skinny" clothes. There are still some that it feels like I will never get into...but I know I will before I know it. 5.5 pounds until I am half way to my goal. Loving the IP life.

Have a great Friday!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #69  
Started IP 5/4/2012

S/C/G: 170.8 / 155.6 / 135

Height: 5'2"

Out on the boat today, hoping to catch some salmon dinner! 1st WI is this afternoon. Can't wait to see the results of my first week!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
checking to see if my signature picture shows up............
Looking good! WTG mooselover!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
As for me WI#16 and another 5 pounds and 3 inches gone FOREVER! Loving getting into smaller clothes and shopping through my "skinny" clothes. There are still some that it feels like I will never get into...but I know I will before I know it. 5.5 pounds until I am half way to my goal. Loving the IP life.

Have a great Friday!

Awesome WI!!!! WTG!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #72  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Awesome Tripmama

Last edited by shathom; 05-11-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: adding name of recipient
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 229/222/130

Height: 5'3"

While I had a minute I wanted to say thanks to all of you for being here! You are all a source of information, comfort, and solidarity. Thanks again!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #74  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Hi Everyone,
It has been awhile since I have been on! Everyone seems to be doing so well!
Getting closer to my goal!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

WI # 7 -2 prob would have lost a lil more, but I did have a a lil extra turkey ground meat the other night bc I was hungryoh well Ill take it
Closed Thread