3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 5/11/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/258822-ip-daily-chat-friday-5-11-12-a.html)

Chloe222 05-11-2012 05:58 AM

IP Daily Chat Friday 5/11/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You __________________

Chloe222 05-11-2012 06:04 AM

Good morning all,
I copied an older welcome post from Wuv and we now have the live link for Dr Tran's book on IP. See the last link above.

Recommend that all newbies take the time to read it. (Plus be sure you read the stickies and then the book.) It will explain so much of the philosophy and science and that's pretty motivating - and we all need motivation now and then!

Know that Dr Tran's book is somewhat old, and they made numerous changes in the diet and so when you see discrepancies, know that the latest protocol your coach has would be what to follow - if in doubt. Still really valuable to read.

Cadu 05-11-2012 06:12 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

Today is the last day that I have too watch my great nephew. I do love snuggling him and playing with him but I got to say I am happy this is my last day. At 46 I find I dont have the stamina to care for a 5 month old like I did when I was in my 20's or even 30's. 10 hours is a long day for me to be caring for him. Now I can just pop in and visit him for an hour or so when I feel like it. :)
It is kinda nice to get my Fridays back!!

Have a great day everyone.. Stay OP!!

Beanie Mommy 05-11-2012 06:57 AM

Good Morning!

Last night's WI got me another 3.4 pounds closer to goal. Very happy about that.

Love the progress pics, Carol! You are looking great! Have fun with your great nephew :)

Happy Friday, everyone!

prettyone 05-11-2012 07:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Im happy to report another 3lbs down even though this week is the calm before Storm TOM appears and my hydrayation was at +46.5(alot of water retention) but still a loss and I was super excited. So the totals as of WI#3 are a loss of 16lbs and 19.25 inches. This program is awesome.

NSV I am wearing a pair of pants I brought 3 years ago that wouldnt fit but loved them enough and refused to send them back.

Make it a great day 100% OP. Good luck to all those who will do WI today.~

kellycg102 05-11-2012 07:32 AM

Morning everyone, WI#9 yesterday and down 4.4lbs. Wow....shocked! Very happy!!! Lost while I travelled???? What???? Never has that happened.

Funny how sometimes when I see myself I am shocked and feel skinny, other times I still feel fat. Hope those days are few and far between. I like the skinny days!

Happy OP day everyone!

0ojoyo0 05-11-2012 07:43 AM

Good morning all! Every day I'm feeling a little better on this diet. I've been on IP for 11 days, and I can already feel my pants getting looser. According to my scale at home, I've lost 17 lbs, but I'll wait for tomorrow's official WI to update my ticker. Getting close to that first goal! Good luck on any WIs today, and have a great OP day!

shathom 05-11-2012 07:48 AM

Good morning everyone! Let's all try to have an OP day. Smooches

:dust:

Dakin 05-11-2012 08:13 AM

Good morning IP family!

So nice to see so many great WI's already this morning! I"m still stuck at a plateau, but am feeling more positive about staying OP today. Maybe it's the sunshine.
NSV - I had to go shopping for work pants yesterday as my co-workers were nagging me about how baggy and disheveled I was looking. I'm down 2 sizes, but only bought 2 pairs hoping that my ultimate size will be one smaller (still have 10 lbs to go!)
Thanks to everyone for kind words yesterday - I truly would not still be OP if I didn't have this forum and all of YOU!!! :hug:

Have a great Friday everyone!!!

atho128 05-11-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 (Post 4329475)
Good morning all! Every day I'm feeling a little better on this diet. I've been on IP for 11 days, and I can already feel my pants getting looser. According to my scale at home, I've lost 17 lbs, but I'll wait for tomorrow's official WI to update my ticker. Getting close to that first goal! Good luck on any WIs today, and have a great OP day!

Amazing that you got to your first goal that quickly! 17 pounds is a huge accomplishment!! Congrats!:carrot:

Chikara 05-11-2012 08:35 AM

WI # 2 last night - down 5.7lbs for a total of 11.3lbs since starting. DH is down 19lbs total. The coach asked what we were doing differently...as she expected us to lose less this week. WI #1 for me was 5.6lbs and this one 5.7lbs. We have been 100% OP! Happy with our results so far.

Have a great weekend everyone!! We opened our cottage so this is the first official weekend there! I will have to get my IP Pina Colada ready for the bonfire! LOL.

tauthier 05-11-2012 08:40 AM

My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with it but I didn't. I'm a lifetime WW and have always been successful with that but the beginning of January I went back and lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks and got frustrated and quit after eating too much one weekend and gaining most of it back. When I turned 40(almost 14 years ago) I was 185 pounds and I decided I had had enough....joined WW lost 40+ pounds in that year and then my husband came home one day (a few months after our 6 year old was diagnosed with diabetes) and said he'd moved his girlfriend out here and was filing for divorce. My weight really dropped after that and I kept it off pretty good for 10 years. I dated a guy for 10 years that HATED any extra weight on me and he was slim and trim and ate very healthy. We broke up a couple years ago and I started dating a guy who likes to eat and I started working on my master's degree while working full time....36 credit hours and 36+ pounds! I finished my course work this week and started IP. Determined to get this weight off. I HATE not having anything to wear and not enjoying going shopping to resolve that issue. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!

atho128 05-11-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tauthier (Post 4329513)
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with it but I didn't. I'm a lifetime WW and have always been successful with that but the beginning of January I went back and lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks and got frustrated and quit after eating too much one weekend and gaining most of it back. When I turned 40(almost 14 years ago) I was 185 pounds and I decided I had had enough....joined WW lost 40+ pounds in that year and then my husband came home one day (a few months after our 6 year old was diagnosed with diabetes) and said he'd moved his girlfriend out here and was filing for divorce. My weight really dropped after that and I kept it off pretty good for 10 years. I dated a guy for 10 years that HATED any extra weight on me and he was slim and trim and ate very healthy. We broke up a couple years ago and I started dating a guy who likes to eat and I started working on my master's degree while working full time....36 credit hours and 36+ pounds! I finished my course work this week and started IP. Determined to get this weight off. I HATE not having anything to wear and not enjoying going shopping to resolve that issue. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!

Welcome to the group!! I'm sure you will have amazing success with IP!

Kaypix 05-11-2012 08:47 AM

Morning all. I have come to the sad realization that this week I may not have a loss. I weigh daily to look for trends and this week I've gone down 0.4 and up .4 then down the same and back up .8 ... So as of today I'm not weighing again until Monday (weigh in day). I'm going to try and stay positive and knowing I'm 100% OP believe the scale will tip in my favor on Monday. I read an interesting article on Webmd yesterday that talked about your "set" weight and how your body doesn't like to go outside of that, but iv you gain enough weight and don't lose it quickly, your body will create a higher set weight and thus we get plateaus. I'll post the link when I get to work today.

Great weigh ins so far today! Keep up the good work everyone!

Nilouve 05-11-2012 08:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I haven't had much time to post or even "lurk" lately, so if I am repeating something that was already said, I apologize. This was news to me but my coach told me this week that the rasberry jello (and pomegrate drink) are now a "free" addition to the 3 IP daily packets for phase 1 and may no longer be counted towards the 2 meals or one snack! Anyone else heard this?

As I am currently doing the Novi-cleanse and what my coach called the "cellulite program" (no restricted IP products OR occasional vegetables for three weeks) in an attempt to "sprint to the finish line", I did buy a box, as I knew I would miss my rasberry chocolate and cinnamon bars (big sigh). I was never a fan of any kind of "jello" but at least it's another little something to chase away the cravings.

I know, I have read SO many posts saying that not using restricted does NOT make a difference but, I have also repeatedly read to do what your coach advises, so doing that for now, we'll see.

I do find it very interesting to read all the differences between coaches' approaches. As an example, I don't believe I have read of any other coach recommending the following as "free"; Nestea Zero and Nestea Zero Green Tea, dill pickles and kale as well as Dentyne Fire Gum.. She is also a big believer of the Novi-Cleanse and most of what I have read here is NOT pro-cleanse. My last WI, on Wednesday, was my first full week on the cleanse and I was down 2.2 lbs, very happy with that but I will of course never know what would have happened had I not been on the cleanse...

Wishing all the Ipeeps a great 100% OP day!