Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 04/25/2012

rissimo
04-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

kmc1021
04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Good Morning ya'll! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I am off on a field trip, which will also mean my first meal that I didn't make. It will be subway so I am good to go with a salad and I will take my bar. But I LOVE subway and hope I am not tempted by 70 people eating subs and me with my salad!!!

So after my coach told me I was not in ketosis and ya'll saying it hits day 5ish, I think that I probably am in ketosis (especially since I had a good WI) and am just run down from all the germs at school and the stress of life.

Chloe (I think that is who is having surgery) Good luck on your surgery!

prettyone
04-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Good Morning All.

Still doing good and completely following IP. The big first WI is tomorrow. I just realized that I have been forgetting about using my sea salt. Will this have a negative affect on my weight loss? Make it a great day~

Lynnie63
04-25-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm very proud of myself - I had my first meal out yesterday.

During coctail hour I had a couple of glasses of water and just kept drinking it all night.

It was buffet and I asked for roast beef without the gravy. I didn't have much salad becuse it had shredded carrots in it. She had told me the veggies were just made with olive oil, so I ate them but picked out the green beans.

When the dessert tray came to the table, I didn't really want to eat them and just told myself that "nothng tastes as good as thin feels".

When I got home, I had my snack.

WI # 3 today, looking forward to it.

Ducksmy
04-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Good Morning!
Pretty One I will be praying for your WI, Let us know!

Having a great am! Ready to go off to work, lunch packed, water bottle.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Ducksmy
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM

During coctail hour I had a couple of glasses of water and just kept drinking it all night.

It was buffet and I asked for roast beef without the gravy. I didn't have much salad becuse it had shredded carrots in it. She had told me the veggies were just made with olive oil, so I ate them but picked out the green beans.

When the dessert tray came to the table, I didn't really want to eat them and just told myself that "nothng tastes as good as thin feels".

That's the way to rock it!:carrot:

prettyone
04-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Good Morning!
Pretty One I will be praying for your WI, Let us know!

Having a great am! Ready to go off to work, lunch packed, water bottle.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Ducksmy, Thank you so much please keep the prayers coming. I guess Im not a person who uses salt so it slipped my mind until I seen it in my bag this morning. I will start using it today. I have been eating on plan and all requirements so I hope tomorrow goes well.

Im at work as we speak:D. Enjoy your day, be safe

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Good Morning All.

Still doing good and completely following IP. The big first WI is tomorrow. I just realized that I have been forgetting about using my sea salt. Will this have a negative affect on my weight loss? Make it a great day~

It might effect it, but just make a note of it in your food log for reference, not to worry... I forgot mine at first too.

Spring chic
04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Good morning, I had my second WI yesterday and was down another 4! I am loving this program. I spent the weekend away OP which really boosted my confidence in my ability to reach my goal. As challenges come up I'm going to try and see them as opportunities to become stronger and stronger. Well it's time to get ready for work, hope everyone has a great day....

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 08:05 AM

Way to go Lynnie! Attitude is everything! Good luck on the WI!

Good Morning ya'll! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I am off on a field trip, which will also mean my first meal that I didn't make. It will be subway so I am good to go with a salad and I will take my bar. But I LOVE subway and hope I am not tempted by 70 people eating subs and me with my salad!!!

Have fun! Great planning - that makes all the difference in the stress levels of staying OP. Good for you!!!

Good morning everybody! Another day, another bit of basement or backporch to cleanup for me. I kept procrastinating yesterday, logging in here way too much... ;), but I finally got back to work.

I just found Crystal Lite lemonade made with stevia (Nutiva) instead of the dreaded aspartame. Don't know if this is new or my Walmart just started carrying it, but it will be a welcome change. As with all powdered mixes, it does have some maltodextrin to prevent caking, but I prefer the stevia. I'm hoping it makes a decent homemade jello too...

Well, hope you all have a perfectly loverly day!

KBig
04-25-2012, 08:16 AM
GM IPeeps... I feel FANTASTIC this morning.... since April 9th (my IP start) Ive lost 9lbs.... 3 inches off my waist, 2.5 off my hips.... 1 off my bust. Im Oooooh Peeeee Babeeeee!

We can do this... I can see a curvy 8 in the NOT so far off future...!

Yeeehaw!

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 08:19 AM
GM IPeeps... I feel FANTASTIC this morning.... since April 9th (my IP start) Ive lost 9lbs.... 3 inches off my waist, 2.5 off my hips.... 1 off my bust. Im Oooooh Peeeee Babeeeee!

We can do this... I can see a curvy 8 in the so far off future...!

Yeeehaw!

I can hear you whooping from here! ;)

prettyone
04-25-2012, 08:20 AM
It might effect it, but just make a note of it in your food log for reference, not to worry... I forgot mine at first too.

Thanks Sewman, Im trying not to stress and worry about WI tomorrow now due to me forgetting to use it. When you are so not use to using salt its hard to remember to now use it. Thanks for the encouragement:dizzy:

KBig
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks Sewman, Im trying not to stress and worry about WI tomorrow now due to me forgetting to use it. When you are so not use to using salt its hard to remember to now use it. Thanks for the encouragement:dizzy:

You will do fine P1.

when you see your first weight loss ... do a lil dance You deserve it! :carrot:

CassiR
04-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Good Morning All.

Have a great OP day! You'll do great at your WI tomorrow :)

Great Job!!! Good luck at weigh in!

CassiR
04-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning all,

I hope everyone has great weigh ins today as I know Wednesday's are a popular weigh in day.
Stayed home from work yesterday as I was having the big C problems all weekend and then Monday and yesterday it decided to clear up.. /sigh. Anyways, the scale is always disappointing to look at during those sorts of problems but now that i'm normal again the scale is showing 1lb loss since saturday's weigh in. Woo Hoo! I was able to get in 140 oz of water yesterday at home too so maybe that helped? Also, TOM is in full bloom :( Menstral cramps are killer today and I didnt want to come to work again but this girl's gotta make some money!

Have a great day everyone!
And Chloe, good luck with surgery today!

MustangMolly
04-25-2012, 08:45 AM

Congratulations, sounds like you handled it very well. Good luck to everyone with WI's today. I started going back to Curves yesterday and have so much more energy. I kept my heart rate in the 60-65% zone and focused on the toning instead of cardio. Hope you all have a great day!

mom3girls63
04-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Day Four - Last night I went home and wasn't hungry at all. I ate my IP shake and was stuffed. However, later in the evening I wanted to gnaw off a table leg. I am still getting used to the "not chewing" everything. I saw a million (it seemed like it) pizza commercials last night and I soooooo wanted a pizza or anything bread. Today, I am much better. I am sleeping well and I cannot say I am really hungry.

One good thing, our bathroom scale is dead. It needs new batteries, but I was SOOO tempted to weigh myself this morning. Thankfully, I did not. I want it to be a complete surprise on Saturday.

Tonight, we are eating out. It is our DD 21st birthday and we are going to Outback, which is perfect for me. Steak, plain salad and veggies! Nope, I am not even going to have a drink.

I keep thinking that next week at this time I will have a -(pounds) to put in my posts! Everyone is so inspiring on this board! Thank you all!

Lynnie63
04-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Forgot to mention earlier, last night someone told me I looked "extra pretty"! Must be because of the weight loss, I wasn't wearing anything special.

Also, I've noticed I don't have to do those little squats we do when the cleanly washed jeans are too tight.

Darralyn
04-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Hello, I am new here first time posting. I have been on IP strictly for going on my third week. I had my second weigh in since my start date yesterday and was only down a total of 4.5 lbs for two weeks. Also my counselor gave me new keto stix and they don't show any signs of ketosis. I was on Atkins prior to this and was in ketosis. I wonder whats up as I have been perfect in adhering to this plan. I am not hungry and my hands are freezing.
You all are so nice and helpful with each other; I can't tell you how much you've helped me so far! Thanks for this site and you!:dizzy:

prettyone
04-25-2012, 09:26 AM
You will do fine P1.

when you see your first weight loss ... do a lil dance You deserve it! :carrot:

Have a great OP day! You'll do great at your WI tomorrow :)

Great Job!!! Good luck at weigh in!

Thanks KBig. I will do a dance just like this :carrot: LOL. Maybe a lil jig as well.

CassIR thanks and you do the same. Thanks for the encouraging words as always.

qsuzi1
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Good morning. Yesterday my coach told me to make sure that I eat my vegetable within 1 hour of my lunch and dinner or I would gain weight. Does anyone know why this would happen?

MelissaAS
04-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Headed to my day 24 weigh in (week 3 and a little). I am not feeling confident even though I have been OP. The only cheats I've had is around coffee- I added extra milk 1x and used unsweetened soy milk in it once. I know I'm not supposed to but I'm doing my best. Trying to still believe in myself, even though I'm not perfect. This is triggering my crazy perfectionism! Thank goodness I have my therapist after weigh-in :). Will check in later- thanks for being here!

qsuzi1
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello, I am new here first time posting. I have been on IP strictly for going on my third week. I had my second weigh in since my start date yesterday and was only down a total of 4.5 lbs for two weeks. Also my counselor gave me new keto stix and they don't show any signs of ketosis. I was on Atkins prior to this and was in ketosis. I wonder whats up as I have been perfect in adhering to this plan. I am not hungry and my hands are freezing.
You all are so nice and helpful with each other; I can't tell you how much you've helped me so far! Thanks for this site and you!:dizzy:
I have lost only 2 lbs in the last two weeks and have been strictly adhering to IP. My coach said it could be my new blood pressure med, that I need to eat salad everyday in addition to the vegetables, that maybe I am eating too little -eat more ounces at dinner, or that I am retaining water (BM has been okay). Also I understand you can plateau on IP (as with any diet) -your body is just getting used to the diet and weight loss. What were the total inches you lost - this is an important part too. That has been good for me -a total of 9-1/2 inches in 2 weeks. The other thing she said was try reducing the total number of restricted items you use each week.

qsuzi1
04-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Headed to my day 24 weigh in (week 3 and a little). I am not feeling confident even though I have been OP. The only cheats I've had is around coffee- I added extra milk 1x and used unsweetened soy milk in it once. I know I'm not supposed to but I'm doing my best. Trying to still believe in myself, even though I'm not perfect. This is triggering my crazy perfectionism! Thank goodness I have my therapist after weigh-in :). Will check in later- thanks for being here!

Hang in there Melissa and know that regardless of what the scale shows you are doing everything you can. I understand how frustrating it can be, but considering the alternative it still is worth doing.

rvingprincess
04-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Good Morning All.

You are not the only one who forgets the sea salt, I also never added salt so it is hard to remember it. I guess the more we use it the easier it will be to remember it. Have a good OP day.

SewingMomma
04-25-2012, 09:43 AM
You are not the only one who forgets the sea salt, I also never added salt so it is hard to remember it. I guess the more we use it the easier it will be to remember it. Have a good OP day.

I've made a habit of sprinkling my salt and olive oil on my salad at lunch. I used to forget too but putting it and my olive oil on my lunch has kept me on track with it.

Dakin
04-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Good morning IP family!
Need your vibes today as I head to WI #5. I snuck a peek at my home scale and it shows only 1 lb loss, even tho I've been 100% OP, so I'm preparing myself to be very disappointed.
I've had pretty intense diarrhea since Monday and have felt headachy. I wonder if it's just part of TOM or if I have something. I blamed it on the cauliflower fried rice recipe I made Monday, but it still cannot be that. I would think that would cause a bigger loss, but the scale doesn't seem to be moving.

KMC - good luck with the field trip lunch today!
Lynnie and KBig 0 Nice job, ladies!!!
Spring Chick - I've been thinking about joining Curves too, but I'm pretty sure the one in my town is about to close as the building is being razed to build a new police station. I don't want to spend $$ for nothing.
Cassie - meeee tooo! cramps, cravings, feeling yukkie!
Qzuzi - I've never heard of that. I munch my veggies all morning long and my coach never said a word about it.
Welcome Darralyn!!!

rvingprincess
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
1st full WI today (started on a Sat. and coach moved me to Wed. WI) lost 7.5 lbs. the first 4 days so I don't think I have lost that much this time as I know the weight slows down after the initial good loss. Anyway good luck to everyone who has a WI today and look forward to hearing about them tomorrow.

CkM
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi Everyone! Happy Wednesday! I was supposed to start IP today but the clinic is so book they cant get me in until Thursday afternoon. I am okay with it because I have some questions and want to be 100% prepared for when I do start.

Vitamins- Does everyone purhase these from their IP clinic? If not can I get some information in where I can purchase the best brands with the required amounts of vitamins that the diet requires.

Thanks in advance for your help! Have a great day!

YankeeFan14040
04-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone! I've been off plan for over a year. Time to get back on plan. Our 5 year old son had passed away last summer and after that, everything went down the tubes. I gained all 40lbs that I lost with IP, and then some from the stress of things. I do have a question for regarding Vegetarian plans. Is there a specific layout for vegetarians at all or do we follow the same plan and insert our fake meats? (worried about carb/sugar ratios with Vegetarian substitutions). Thank you all and I'm looking forward to getting back on plan!

SewingMomma
04-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Good morning IP family!
Need your vibes today as I head to WI #5. I snuck a peek at my home scale and it shows only 1 lb loss, even tho I've been 100% OP, so I'm preparing myself to be very disappointed.
I've had pretty intense diarrhea since Monday and have felt headachy. I wonder if it's just part of TOM or if I have something. I blamed it on the cauliflower fried rice recipe I made Monday, but it still cannot be that. I would think that would cause a bigger loss, but the scale doesn't seem to be moving.

We all have weeks when our losses are small or we gain. That's just how our bodies cope with the big changes that are going on with it. Your body might be trying to hold on to extra water because you've been sick. Just stick to the plan 100%, and the weight will come off over time. You won't have huge losses every week, so don't get down on the low-loss weeks just hang tough!

swimcoachmomma
04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Hello everyone! I've been off plan for over a year. Time to get back on plan. Our 5 year old son had passed away last summer and after that, everything went down the tubes. I gained all 40lbs that I lost with IP, and then some from the stress of things. I do have a question for regarding Vegetarian plans. Is there a specific layout for vegetarians at all or do we follow the same plan and insert our fake meats? (worried about carb/sugar ratios with Vegetarian substitutions). Thank you all and I'm looking forward to getting back on plan!

Oh Kevin. So sorry for your loss and welcome back. I just wanted to say that. I don't have any experience with the vegetarian plan though as we hunt, fish and live in the buffalo and beef raising area of the west. Lol. It's been yrs since I've been to Yankee stadium but Go Yanks. (I grew up on the mid Atlantic coast). GL to u.

Danif
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Just finished my fourth week down 2.6. For a total of 14 pounds. I am dissappointed, people seem to lose more each week than I do. My coach said she thinks it is because I have been drinking crystal light. I didn't know we were not allowed to have that!! So upset. I am having a colonoscopy tues, so worried that will screw up weight loss. What kind of sports drinks have splenda..does anyone know? I have to dump the prep into a gatorade type drink and have 96 ounces but don't want to screw up the diet!!

rvingprincess
04-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi Everyone! Happy Wednesday! I was supposed to start IP today but the clinic is so book they cant get me in until Thursday afternoon. I am okay with it because I have some questions and want to be 100% prepared for when I do start.

Vitamins- Does everyone purhase these from their IP clinic? If not can I get some information in where I can purchase the best brands with the required amounts of vitamins that the diet requires.

I purchase them from the clinic, I figure if I am going to spend all that money on their products I want to make sure that I have the proper vitamins etc. just in case there is something special in theirs that won't be in any that you could purchase elsewhere. Good luck on starting on Thursday.

lowrider04
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
OWI 3lbs on week 5 so far 25.6!!!! 16 1/4 off in inches.
God I love this diet!

Cadu
04-25-2012, 10:33 AM

so sorry about your loss. welcome back. I am not sure about the vegetarian program, sorry.

Cadu
04-25-2012, 10:35 AM
OWI 3lbs on week 5 so far 25.6!!!! 16 1/4 off in inches.
God I love this diet!

way to go lowrider... amazing weight loss so far.

I just got back from WI and am down 4 pounds this week. I am now in the 170's. whooo hooooooo. Hopefully I will hit 40 down next week. :carrot:

Good luck to all who still have to WI

usmcvet
04-25-2012, 10:40 AM
I am so excited I have tears in my eyes. Just had weigh in four. Lost ten pounds last week for a total of 50#s!

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/50.jpg

IP & 3fc have helped me start over!

I hope you all have an awesome day!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
:carrot::carrot:

KBig
04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I have a question ... during the first few months... do people who are "heavier" loose quicker... (have larger weight loss #s)

swimcoachmomma
04-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Great losses everyone. Rissimo- where is the April pic??

I'm two weeks back on P1 after surgery and it is going slowly, only 4 pounds so far. But I will take it. I actually think I lost more on P3. But it is what it is. Some fun things though. I got on my bicycle for the first time in over ten years and it was fun to toodle around with my daughter. Have done it four days in a row. Only four miles but fun. Also walking every day and some core strengthening. Moving hurts less and it is fun.

Running to thrift store with another load of big girl clothes. Yay. Then long walk. Having weird dreams. Ran into a grizzly bear in my dream last nite. Hmm. Think I will carry my bear spray today. Lol.

mooselover
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I miss Wuv !!!! I hope she is ok. I know her WI is today, so I am looking forward to her post.

I love wednesdays. It is so fun to hear about all the WI successes with so many of them. I won't be weighing in my next 2 WI because I will be out of town :( Hopefully I have a huge loss when I get back!!!

IPdivajen
Wow usmc - that's incredible! Congrats! You must feel fantastic!!! Woot!

swimcoachmomma
I am so excited I have tears in my eyes. Just had weigh in four. Lost ten pounds last week for a total of 50#s!

Holy cow. You rock. Keep up the good wk and enjoy glorious VT today. I lived ther for awhile a gazillion yrs ago..

IPdivajen
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Oh yeah - I have my WI tonight. One day later than normal because my coach is away for two weeks so we're seeing someone else, just a day later. I'm really hoping to have lost at least 3.2lbs so I can hit my second goal of 45 this week. Fingers crossed!!!

LSJ100
04-25-2012, 11:05 AM

I'm sorry for your loss and glad you found your way back here when you were ready. I'm not a vegetarian and so certainly not an authority on this. However, I read somewhere that tofu and eggs (for those that eat them) were the main vegetarian staples because all of the meat substitutes had sugar and weren't OP...again, I'm not an authority but I hope it helps.

Jag23
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Good morning everyone..........I plan on staying OP today. Lately I am really struggling. I really can't remember when I was weighed and measured last. I have been travelling and then some days when I get to my clinic? the coach is too busy to weigh me and such. I am using IP foods,but not getting the support I need. This coming Monday,I'm making an appointment ,and I better get weighed and measured! I have been slipping off programn,cause of all this "bussiness" and not getting online to reap the support I know I can get here. Have been letting myself cheap on crackers,which are my downfall!
Today I'm getting my groove on! Started with a green smoothie ,kale ,psyllium ,organic gelatin for my nails,pina colada drink with 2 cups of water. Blended this all up and delicious.
Have a great day everyone. Night shift for me tonight,but I'm going swimming this morning..........

Andie0606
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know where Wuv is? I'm worried about her, too.

GemIAm
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
YankeeFan14040: So sorry for your loss. Glad you are returning to taking care of yourself.
usmcvet: Congratulations! I love your graphic!

Tomorrow is my WI and I hope to be where usmcvet is! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

DanafromAustin
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Good Morning All.

Truthfully I stopped using the sea salt early on on a regular basis because I was just retaining too much water from it. My coach was fine with it as long as my blood pressure didn't drop too much. I've been on IP for seven months and I just use sea salt if I'm roasting veggies or seasoning some fish, otherwise I never use it.

Great job! We eat out a lot, and it's really not hard at all other than checking out the restaurant's menu first online to make sure I really can eat there.

We can do this... I can see a curvy 8 in the NOT so far off future...!

Yeeehaw!
It will be here before you know it. :carrot:

Danif
04-25-2012, 12:07 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. My Dr. said that you can sub the meat for tofu. I am not a vegitarian so I didn't really listen past that. Welcome back!

IPdivajen
04-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Yankeefan - another one who can't help you with your vegetarian questions but just wanted to also express my sympathies for your loss. How heartbreaking.

Danif
04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. My Dr. said that you can sub the meat for tofu. I am not a vegitarian so I didn't really listen past that. Welcome back!

Sorry for all the spelling errors..was typing too fast!! Yikes

wuv2bloved
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Good Morning All.

You will be fine, sometimes I forget to use mine as well. I usually put it on my cucumber for lunch.

Sounds like your head is in this for good. You did well at this outing, you wouldn't of had to pick the green beans out, they are an occasional veggie so you could of had them. But you did what you knew you could have, Congrats on a job well done

IF you were on Atkins before this then you have loss the water weight already so your body is adjusted to eating this way. Your 4.5lbs loss is something you don't have to carry around anymore....be proud of that! IF you are 100% you will be in ketosis by the 5th day. Even though your coach gave you the keto stix, that is stressing you out and making you worry when the color isn't right. STICK to the sheet and don't worry. IT WILL COME OFF!

Good morning. Yesterday my coach told me to make sure that I eat my vegetable within 1 hour of my lunch and dinner or I would gain weight. Does anyone know why this would happen?
I have never heard of this but it is the combination of the packet and the veggies that work together to make the program work. IMO, if you eat 1cup of veggies with your packet and the other later on you would be fine.

Sometimes we have to make adjustments to make the program work for us. You know you are doing this so as long as you are ok with slow losses I wouldn't worry about it. We are allowed 1oz of skim milk (recommended)but if you choose another type of milk its on you. NEVER doubt yourself, if you know you are staying OP then you will be just fine

Good morning IP family!

I have seen A LOT of Y"ALL using that DREADED word ONLYI DISLIKE this word when you put it in front of your losses. ANY LOSS IS A GOOD LOSS NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG. Its weight that you do not have to carry around anymore. BE HAPPY!

Just finished my fourth week down 2.6. For a total of 14 pounds. I am dissappointed, people seem to lose more each week than I do. My coach said she thinks it is because I have been drinking crystal light. I didn't know we were not allowed to have that!! So upset. I am having a colonoscopy tues, so worried that will screw up weight loss. What kind of sports drinks have splenda..does anyone know? I have to dump the prep into a gatorade type drink and have 96 ounces but don't want to screw up the diet!!
NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE ELSE WHEN IT COMES TO WEIGHT LOSS. We are all different, some have more to lose than others and will lose quicker. If you have less to lose then it will come off slower. YOU and an INDIVIDUAL....this is YOUR JOURNEY!!!!....let it happen the way its suppose to happen, YOUR body knows what it needs to do when it is fueled properly. Stick to the program 100% and you will see results. We can have Powerade Zero, it was just approved by IP.

I have a question ... during the first few months... do people who are "heavier" loose quicker... (have larger weight loss #s)
YES, those of us who have more weight to lose will lose faster than someone whom has less to lose. With that being said IT WILL COME OFF......stick to the sheet!!

Hello everyone!....I am find just had a horrible day at work yesterday was on the go from 9am until 1030 last night. I had my 51st WI this morning and I am down another 2lbs only 34lbs left to go! I am going back to the clinic tonight for a workshop and one of my friends is starting the program. There used to be 3 of us that hung out together and I always used to be the BIG one...NOT anymore.....My clinic is having I think 4 new people start tonight so that will be a good thing!....

Looks like we have had a few newbies start so welcome and good luck to all of you! USMCVET.....AMAZING losses!!

DanafromAustin
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Good morning everybody! Another day, another bit of basement or backporch to cleanup for me. I kept procrastinating yesterday, logging in here way too much... ;), but I finally got back to work.

You are one busy lady over there. Do you have a time line for putting your house up for sale?

Tonight, we are eating out. It is our DD 21st birthday and we are going to Outback, which is perfect for me. Steak, plain salad and veggies! Nope, I am not even going to have a drink.

I keep thinking that next week at this time I will have a -(pounds) to put in my posts! Everyone is so inspiring on this board! Thank you all!
Happy 21st to your daughter and enjoy your first dinner out on IP. Outback is always a good choice for staying on IP.

Okay not a coach, but I have to honestly say that is the one of the craziest things I have heard come out of a coach's mouth yet. Have to wonder where they get their information from sometimes.

Welcome back and I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad to hear you are back and taking care of yourself now. I think I heard that there is an alternative plan for vegetarians, but I've never seen it.

I'm a Giants fan (born and raised in San Francisco), but one of our funniest days in NYC was taking the subway to the old Yankee's stadium (it was like a party on the subway) and going to see a game. I still wear my Yankees base ball cap I bought there, that is when I'm not wearing my Giant's hat. ;)

way to go lowrider... amazing weight loss so far.

I just got back from WI and am down 4 pounds this week. I am now in the 170's. whooo hooooooo. Hopefully I will hit 40 down next week. :carrot:

Good luck to all who still have to WI
Whoo Hoo!!! Congrats on getting into the 170s. I hope to be there in the next couple of days myself.

OMG that is fantastic. So proud of you. Is your wife more of a believer yet?

Yes, I think over all they do.

KBig
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
You will be fine, sometimes I forget to use mine as well. I usually put it on my cucumber for lunch.

Sounds like your head is in this for good. You did well at this outing, you wouldn't of had to pick the green beans out, they are an occasional veggie so you could of had them. But you did what you knew you could have, Congrats on a job well done

IF you were on Atkins before this then you have loss the water weight already so your body is adjusted to eating this way. Your 4.5lbs loss is something you don't have to carry around anymore....be proud of that! IF you are 100% you will be in ketosis by the 5th day. Even though your coach gave you the keto stix, that is stressing you out and making you worry when the color isn't right. STICK to the sheet and don't worry. IT WILL COME OFF!

I have never heard of this but it is the combination of the packet and the veggies that work together to make the program work. IMO, if you eat 1cup of veggies with your packet and the other later on you would be fine.

Sometimes we have to make adjustments to make the program work for us. You know you are doing this so as long as you are ok with slow losses I wouldn't worry about it. We are allowed 1oz of skim milk (recommended)but if you choose another type of milk its on you. NEVER doubt yourself, if you know you are staying OP then you will be just fine

I have seen A LOT of Y"ALL using that DREADED word ONLYI DISLIKE this word when you put it in front of your losses. ANY LOSS IS A GOOD LOSS NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG. Its weight that you do not have to carry around anymore. BE HAPPY!

NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE ELSE WHEN IT COMES TO WEIGHT LOSS. We are all different, some have more to lose than others and will lose quicker. If you have less to lose then it will come off slower. YOU and an INDIVIDUAL....this is YOUR JOURNEY!!!!....let it happen the way its suppose to happen, YOUR body knows what it needs to do when it is fueled properly. Stick to the program 100% and you will see results. We can have Powerade Zero, it was just approved by IP.

YES, those of us who have more weight to lose will lose faster than someone whom has less to lose. With that being said IT WILL COME OFF......stick to the sheet!!

Hello everyone!....I am find just had a horrible day at work yesterday was on the go from 9am until 1030 last night. I had my 51st WI this morning and I am down another 2lbs only 34lbs left to go! I am going back to the clinic tonight for a workshop and one of my friends is starting the program. There used to be 3 of us that hung out together and I always used to be the BIG one...NOT anymore....I am the SMALLEST of the 3 of us and the one starting is SOOOO JEALOUS that she can't stand it anymore and has to start the program. I think its funny that they are jealous of me....hahaha.....My clinic is having I think 4 new people start tonight so that will be a good thing!....

Looks like we have had a few newbies start so welcome and good luck to all of you! USMCVET.....AMAZING losses!!

THERE U ARE!@!!!:carrot: peeps were worried!

congrats on your con't success.
you look AMAZING...

wuv2bloved
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
THERE U ARE!@!!!:carrot: peeps were worried!

congrats on your con't success.
you look AMAZING...
Thanks!....I didn't think I would of been missed:hug:

Darralyn
04-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040

I am so sorry for your loss; how sad. I lost my sister this past summer and ballooned up to 225 lbs. I cannot imagine how hard it would be losing a child. God bless you.

LizRR
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Congrats on the 170's CADU!!! Hope to join you soon!

I saw a million (it seemed like it) pizza commercials last night and I soooooo wanted a pizza or anything bread. Today, I am much better. I am sleeping well and I cannot say I am really hungry.

One good thing, our bathroom scale is dead. It needs new batteries, but I was SOOO tempted to weigh myself this morning. Thankfully, I did not. I want it to be a complete surprise on Saturday.

There are recipes to make bread out of the soup mixes. Tomato basil can be used for a pizza flatbread and you can use your tomato (restricted veggie), and I know some use veggie cheese sparingly w/their coaches okay - maybe an IP pizza alternative if you NEED it.

I crave my crispy cereal unrestricted pancakes on the weekend for my "bread" fix - both the bread & unrestricted pancake recipes use 2 egg whites which most of us consider 'free' (note: 2 egg whites per DAY).

Also, I've noticed I don't have to do those little squats we do when the cleanly washed jeans are too tight.

HAHAHAH! I haven't moved down officially in jeans yet - granted I probably belonged in a 16 before but was SQUEEZING into the 14's. Now I can only wear them straight out of the dryer or else I risk 'looking like a fool with my pants on the ground'.

I've never heard of this - granted, I eat my veggies w/my packets - but I would think that particularly with someone who is either still hungry or has a hard time getting all the food in at once it would be great to 'keep the furnace going'. I'm no expert though, but that doesn't make any sense to me. The longer I'm on this board, the more I'm seeing some confusing and conflicting coach advice.

A lot of folks on here go with a cheaper version of the vitamins, they are supposed to replace your nutrients lost on the plan - just look for a combination of the same nutrients and you can save some big $$$. I just got the CVS version of the Cal-Mag for $3.99/100 pills (vs. $21/120 Natura) and CVS Omega 3-6-9 for $6.50/90 pills (vs. $21/90 Natura Omega III). I made a file to compare my generics against after googling the Natura brand ingredients.

Ummm....2.6lb in Week 4 is AMAZING - you do realize you have a 3.5lb/week average loss, don't get let down because you are not going to repeat your week 1 & 2 losses throughout your time, but you WILL LOSE if you stay On Program. Don't Judge Yourself By Weighing Every Day And Don't Compare Your Loss To Anyone Else (especially usmcvet!).

There are several threads about avoiding aspartame you should google & read. It's great you have a coach who analyzed your log and caught that, make sure to keep up and write down even the minute details of what goes in your body in case of other types of things so y'all can try to figure out any other tweaks that can be made in the future.

MEN! (just kidding - congrats on the great loss - you are a rock star!)

usmcvet
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks. I was holing for at least a pound. I was on vacation Sat through Last night and we are on the way to the water park at Jay Peak today. Just had lunch. Salad, fiddle heads and a small lean steak. First time eating fiddle heads. It was tough listening to the three kids complain about the hand cut fries! Man I wanted some.

DanafromAustin
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
A big congratulations to all of those who lost today. Lots of newbies on here now, which is wonderful to see that so many have found IP. I know I will be forever grateful to my doctor for telling me about IP as I had never heard of it before.

I haven't been to the gym in the last week because of my surgery, and I really have missed it. Today I can start strength training again, so off to the gym for me. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Darralyn
04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Wuv, your pictures are such an inspiration! You look FABULOUS!! You are my hero! You look like a model.

Cadu
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks. I was holing for at least a pound. I was on vacation Sat through Last night and we are on the way to the water park at Jay Peak today. Just had lunch. Salad, fiddle heads and a small lean steak. First time eating fiddle heads. It was tough listening to the three kids complain about the hand cut fries! Man I wanted some.

ok what the heck is a fiddle head?

MustangMolly
04-25-2012, 01:03 PM

I had to google it. Fiddleheads or Fiddlehead greens are the furled fronds of a young fern, harvested for use as a vegetable

Hopeful in Canada
04-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Good morning everyone!
To all those that have been on the program and successful, did you have to change your goal weight?
The reason I am asking is because I set my goal weight at 150 lbs. when I started the journey because thats what the ideal weight was for my height on all the internet sites that I researched.
My Coach feels that I am going to look too skinny at 150, so she would like me to stop sooner. I am a larger framed person and people say that I carry my weight differently, that I didn't look as heavy as I was.
I am struggling with the fantasy of being 150 lbs, but I don't want to look old and sickly when I am finished with the journey.
After thinking about it for a since my last weigh in last Saturday and now think that I would like to change my goal weight to 160. Coach says that I need to stop thinking about it by lbs and think about how I feel and size. She guarantees me that I will be in a size 8, but not 150 lbs. How is that possible? I wouldn't think that a person who is more than 150 lbs can be in a size 8??? It's just unfathomable for me to think that it's possible.
I feel great at the weight I am at now but still need to lose some, I guess I will just keep plugging away and see where it leads me.

Ishbel
04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Yankeefan - So sorry about your son :/ I'm not a vegetarian but from what I understand you just swap them out, careful with the sugar.
usmcvet - W-O-W, that's FANTABULOUS!!! WELL DONE!!!
Prettyone - I don't forget salt but I have naturally low blood pressure so I get quite dizzy without it. If you haven't noticed a difference it won't harm you. But since the only processed foods you're eating are the IP packets you may need extra salt, just talk to your coach. Some people are ok without it and some people need it.
Cadu YAY for 170's
CkM - I was told that maker of QUEST vitamins makes IP Vitamins...the muliti's are 15 bucks a bottle at my health food store...check it out. I couldn't find similar amounts (I wanted almost exact) for the other bottles so I just accepted them.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

wuv2bloved
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Wuv, your pictures are such an inspiration! You look FABULOUS!! You are my hero! You look like a model.
:hug::hug: AWWWW thank you

I was going to ask the same exact thing....lol

Tripmama
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Congrats on all the IP sucesses. We rock! It is so nice to be taking care of myself again...I love lossing weight and feeling lighter.

It is gorgeaous here in Idaho...Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

SewingMomma
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
I haven't been to the gym in the last week because of my surgery, and I really have missed it. Today I can start strength training again, so off to the gym for me. Have a wonderful day everyone.

I hope you have a fantastic workout. I'm going to sign up with my gym again this week. I really need to do some strength training. Do you do any cardio at all @ the gym? I always walk a lot and don't know if I need to add any more.

Kaypix
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey all!
Well today I'm having my snack right now, then will eat lunch at 2-2:30ish, then dinner at 6:30, plan is to make Poor Boy Fillets, using 97% ground beef mixed with cauliflower, onion, red and green bell pepper, salt and pepper, and olive oil, all wrapped in a slice of turkey bacon (which I won't eat, never liked bacon) so hubby will like that. I decided to stop weighing myself every day, and either the weight will come off or it won't, and am experimenting with my eating times so I can figure out when I'm most hungry. Last night I had a protein bar (light snack) by atkins at like...9:00? And today my weight was down 0.4 LBS, which yay = loss! , but my loss yesterday was like 2 lbs...so this is why no more daily weighing, i'll drive myself crazy! Starting to clothes shop for "What I'm gonna wear when..." to keep me inspired, and reading these threads to keep myself from getting bored.

Oh well, back to making powerpoint presentations compatible for keynote, being a nerd is soooo overrated. Peace out for now!
-Kara

SewingMomma
04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Good morning everyone!
To all those that have been on the program and successful, did you have to change your goal weight?
The reason I am asking is because I set my goal weight at 150 lbs. when I started the journey because thats what the ideal weight was for my height on all the internet sites that I researched.
My Coach feels that I am going to look too skinny at 150, so she would like me to stop sooner. I am a larger framed person and people say that I carry my weight differently, that I didn't look as heavy as I was.
I am struggling with the fantasy of being 150 lbs, but I don't want to look old and sickly when I am finished with the journey.
After thinking about it for a since my last weigh in last Saturday and now think that I would like to change my goal weight to 160. Coach says that I need to stop thinking about it by lbs and think about how I feel and size. She guarantees me that I will be in a size 8, but not 150 lbs. How is that possible? I wouldn't think that a person who is more than 150 lbs can be in a size 8??? It's just unfathomable for me to think that it's possible.
I feel great at the weight I am at now but still need to lose some, I guess I will just keep plugging away and see where it leads me.

I have a very large frame too, and I was also struggling with what my goal should be. So, I googled weight chart large frame. I'm 5'4", and the range for me was like 155-145, so I feel comfortable with having 150 as a goal. There's a part of me that wants to fit into the "normal" weight range since I've never been there. The number is a mental thing for me. Now, once I get closer to that number, I may decide that I'm happy with where I'm at and stop sooner. ;)

Hopeful in Canada
04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I have a very large frame too, and I was also struggling with what my goal should be. So, I googled weight chart large frame. I'm 5'4", and the range for me was like 155-145, so I feel comfortable with having 150 as a goal. There's a part of me that wants to fit into the "normal" weight range since I've never been there. The number is a mental thing for me. Now, once I get closer to that number, I may decide that I'm happy with where I'm at and stop sooner. ;)

I agree that it is so a mental thing for me as well. I have decided to just go with the flow and no worry about the numbers so much, at least for today. LOL

Lace and Levis
04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Good morning everyone!

I can so relate to your dilema. I set a goal but my coach and family all keep saying they think it may be to low. Like you I think we need to adjust our thinking to feeling good and being healthy not the size of our clothes.

As far as your question about the how others fit in size 8 and weigh more...besides where and how we all carry our weight there are tricks! If you are fortunate enough to afford to buy your clothing at more expensive stores (ex. Nordstroms) you can pay to wear jeans that say Size 8 yet fit up to Size 10. That may help if you can wear an 8 but have a trouble spot that needs a little give. For me I have better places for my money so after finding a Brand and cut that works for me I jump on Ebay and look for new or VERY gently worn pair and pay less than half price. This little trick was shared with me by another IP member my first time around and seemed to work for me. When I lose weight I have almost no butt, small legs and my waist is still a little thick. Doing this allows my jeans to fit everywhere and still gives just enough forginess at the waist that I do not get a muffin top.

Remember stay focused on your health. Being to skinny isn't healthy either. This is about you being healthy, happy and enjoying your wonderful life.

Andie0606
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
"She guarantees me that I will be in a size 8, but not 150 lbs. How is that possible? I wouldn't think that a person who is more than 150 lbs can be in a size 8??? It's just unfathomable for me to think that it's possible."

I don't know either. I'm short, but even when I was 135 lbs. I wore size 10. I have two possible theories. 1) the way we are losing weight may be causing us to lose more inches, so we can fit into smaller sizes, or 2) Vanity sizing has gotten all out of control. I'll know better when I can fit back into my size 10s that I still have. If I have to get back down to 135 before they fit again, then it's vanity sizing.

Cadu
04-25-2012, 02:14 PM
I had to google it. Fiddleheads or Fiddlehead greens are the furled fronds of a young fern, harvested for use as a vegetable

Thanks Molly.. never had a fiddlehead.. wouldnt even know where to get one. :D

wuv2bloved
04-25-2012, 02:20 PM
"She guarantees me that I will be in a size 8, but not 150 lbs. How is that possible? I wouldn't think that a person who is more than 150 lbs can be in a size 8??? It's just unfathomable for me to think that it's possible."

I don't know either. I'm short, but even when I was 135 lbs. I wore size 10. I have two possible theories. 1) the way we are losing weight may be causing us to lose more inches, so we can fit into smaller sizes, or 2) Vanity sizing has gotten all out of control. I'll know better when I can fit back into my size 10s that I still have. If I have to get back down to 135 before they fit again, then it's vanity sizing.

I believe its vanity sizing. My mom is at 145-150 and she is in a size 10-12. She is 5'8, she would never fit in an 8. We have talked about this before. I know my 20's are getting too big, I think the last time I was in a size 18 I might of been in 9th grade....that was back in the early 80's.....lol

hyrysk
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Well WI#15 last night was interesting. Usually DW looses 1-3lbs and I lose 4-6 lbs for a typical week. I guess last week was not typical. DW lost almost 6lbs and I lost 1.2lbs. I am so thankful that she decided to take this journey with me. She has lost 38lbs. and will start phasing off in a couple of weeks. My coach thinks my stall has to do with my allergies going nuts. I guess I need to up the water this next week to compensate for the antihistamines.

MustangMolly
04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Vanity sizing drives me insane! And Chico's is the worst. Here is their size chart;

Chico's Whole Size Chico's Half Size Conventional Size Chest Waist Hip
00 000 XXS 0 32" 27" 35"
00 2 33" 28" 36"
0 0 XS 4 34" 29" 37"
0.5 6 35" 30" 38"
1 1.0 S 8 36" 31" 39"
1.5 10 37" 32" 40"
2 2.0 M 12 39" 33" 42"
2.5 14 40" 35" 43"
3 3.0 L 16 42" 37" 45"
3.5 18 44" 39" 47"
4 4.0 XL 20 46" 41" 49"
4.5 22 48" 43" 51"

Sorry the tabs don't post. basically at Chicos a size 4 is equal to a 20-22 in conventional sizing.

offkilter
04-25-2012, 02:33 PM
2 IP thoughts today:

The problem with getting more than 1 kind of new restricted item at a time is that I want to try one of each right away, but can only have one a day.

Why is it my biggest weight loss is always a whoosh the day AFTER my weigh in? Not kidding - for the last 5 weeks, after WI I always drop 2 pounds over night.

Nibblet
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Congrats to everyone's fantastic WIs today!

I just made myself the Crispy Cereal pancakes and holy cow, are they good! I just wish I had some WF maply syrup to go with them but it really beats just adding water and shoveling it down as fast as I can. Thank you 3FC for the recipes and for saving my palate!

hyrysk
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Any idea about how bad taking antihistamines is going to affect my weight loss? These allergies are killing me.

Samba
04-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I am in the low 160s and in some 10's. It won't take much to get into the 8s I bought. I have no hips or hiney so I think it will be before 150lbs.

Sizing in the US is crazy. There is no standard for measurements for sizes like in Europe. Not to mention, the 12s I wore in high school would be today's 5/6. Vanity sizing and a growing obesity issue, I guess.

Just finished reading "Why We Get Fat". I am going to reread it now. The information goes along with IP approach and it all gives an overview of how we came to view diet in this country. So glad I came to the low carb lifestyle through IP. I think it may be truly life saving for me!

Momto2cs
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Good morning everyone!

I am 5'8" and hover around 147. Today I am wearing a pair of perfect trouser pants from the gap in a size 4. Ip really seems to shrink the body.

I can wear a 6 from pretty much any store and a 27 jean is almost too big. I am also big framed and very muscular.

Try to not use the scale to decide when you are done. I am trying hard to accept that I wont reach my original goal of 140 unless I do something drastic! My body fat has dropped to around 16%.

We all carry our weight differently. These pants are supposed to be my goal pants! Accepting how we look is hard!

Volly
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Good Afternoon, Everyone! Today I begin week 4 OP. I tried the recipe for microwaving zucchini chips today, and they were crispier than when I cook them in the oven. Never thought I would crave zucchini...lol. I am enjoying reading about everyone's success, and I am looking forward to continuing on this program with all of your support. What a great forum! Sometimes it helps just to read... encourages. Have a great day everyone, and I'll check back later.

Hopeful in Canada
04-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the information and your take on it. I will be looking forward to feeling good and of course, looking good, lol. Not that I don't now but could use more improvement. And I promised some of my friends when they tell me to stop, I will stop!

Happy a great day!

qsuzi1
04-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Good Afternoon, Everyone! Today I begin week 4 OP. I tried the recipe for microwaving zucchini chips today, and they were crispier than when I cook them in the oven. Never thought I would crave zucchini...lol. I am enjoying reading about everyone's success, and I am looking forward to continuing on this program with all of your support. What a great forum! Sometimes it helps just to read... encourages. Have a great day everyone, and I'll check back later.

How long do you microwave them for?

CassiR
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM

Can you share your recipe?

prettyone
04-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Thanks rvingprincess. Yes very hard to remember. Yes did good with it today at lunch. Thank you do the same.:bravo:

haddy4
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM

would love the recipe for microwaving zucchini chips:dizzy:

CassiR
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I realized a few days ago that I can get in SO much more water if I drink it at room temperature. I used to drink ice water and could barely get in 80 oz per day.. which is my minimum I allow myself. I think I couldn't get it in because always being cold, the ice water made me even colder! I've always been really sensitive to the cold and my fingers and toes are always cold, even before IP. So now that I am drinking water at room temp I can easily drink a gallon and a half.

Volly
04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
How long do you microwave them for?

I am out of town, and using the microwave in the condo... so it is not reliable. For some reason the microwave kept turning off. I cut the zucchini into thin slices. I placed a paper towel on a plate and covered the plate with the slices of zucchini. Then I brushed olive oil over the top of each slice and added salt and pepper. I set the microwave for 4 minutes... but as I said it kept turning off. I just watched until the zucchini turned a light brown. Halfway through I flipped the slices over. I googled a recipe for microwaving potato chips and just treated the zucchini the same way. It was sooo good! Next step is rhubarb... I will try that this evening. :dance:

prettyone
04-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Prettyone - I don't forget salt but I have naturally low blood pressure so I get quite dizzy without it. If you haven't noticed a difference it won't harm you. But since the only processed foods you're eating are the IP packets you may need extra salt, just talk to your coach. Some people are ok without it and some people need it.
Cadu YAY for 170's
CkM - I was told that maker of QUEST vitamins makes IP Vitamins...the muliti's are 15 bucks a bottle at my health food store...check it out. I couldn't find similar amounts (I wanted almost exact) for the other bottles so I just accepted them.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

I have high blood pressure thats the reason I dont really do salt. Thats also the reason for trying to get healty. Thanks. Now I know when I feel a lil light headed what the problem is.

Truthfully I stopped using the sea salt early on on a regular basis because I was just retaining too much water from it. My coach was fine with it as long as my blood pressure didn't drop too much. I've been on IP for seven months and I just use sea salt if I'm roasting veggies or seasoning some fish, otherwise I never use it.

Great job! We eat out a lot, and it's really not hard at all other than checking out the restaurant's menu first online to make sure I really can eat there.

It will be here before you know it. :carrot:

Thanks DanafromAustin I will just have to keep a closer eye on my blood pressure.

Thanks Wuv, I used it today on my cucumbers and vinegar.

Andie0606
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
"I am out of town, and using the microwave in the condo... so it is not reliable. For some reason the microwave kept turning off. I cut the zucchini into thin slices. I placed a paper towel on a plate and covered the plate with the slices of zucchini. Then I brushed olive oil over the top of each slice and added salt and pepper. I set the microwave for 4 minutes... but as I said it kept turning off. I just watched until the zucchini turned a light brown. Halfway through I flipped the slices over. I googled a recipe for microwaving potato chips and just treated the zucchini the same way. It was sooo good! Next step is rhubarb... I will try that this evening."

Does the zucchini still taste like zucchini, or does it taste more like chips?

wuv2bloved
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Any idea about how bad taking antihistamines is going to affect my weight loss? These allergies are killing me.

I do not think they would affect your losses. If you are not feeling 100% your body will fight you. Its best you take your antihistamines so that your body won't fight what you are trying too. Of course I am no Doctor, this is only my opinion, That is what I would do :)

Kaypix
04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Minor panic attack / freakout
For all you teachers out there, I'm an adjunct instructor, got preggo in January and lost the baby in the first week of april (yes insert sympathy here) but my problem is this: during my pregnancy I was so tired I was calling in sick to my normal job, and not getting grading done. Now it's a week before school's done (next wed the 2nd of may) and I'm getting emails from the administrator asking why my grading isn't done!!! Sorry I just needed to rant, or cry, or throw something. I feel like this is so unfair, I went through this aweful event, only took off two days of class for it total, and now three weeks later I'm getting grief for it :( Sorry, pity party, table of one, right here...and I forgot to take my vitamins and wellbutrin this morning :( need to pack some in my desk at work for just in case i forget days...

LizRR
04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Just a random food blurb...

I have a salad and chicken soup + veggies (chopped mushrooms or cauliflower microwaved for 2 minutes before I add and heat the soup) every day for lunch at work. It's quick for me to prep, make, and eat every day. And I like having the 'veggie chunks' in there for some chewability. But I was getting a little bored (and still have a lot of packets) of the chicken soup taste.

I roasted 5 poblanos, 2 red bell peppers, 2 seeded jalapenos, and 4 garlic cloves - peeled and pureed together with some fajita seasoning and add a few spoonfuls into my bowl w/my chopped veggies each morning and it has added a tremendous flavor to my soup. It's a bit too much work for me to make as a 'single serving veggie soup', but I like that I can stretch it out across my weekly lunches and it is all our OP veggies. I am Mexican and I LOOOVE spice and heat, it was just the kick that I needed.

licaba
04-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Finally found WF products today! I was staring at them for 10 mins trying to figure out what to try. I got the peanut butter, BBQ sauce and maple syrup. Tried the PB as soon as I got home... Wasn't really impressed but will try it with some celery sticks later! WI )# 14 tomorrow. Was away last week so it will be interesting to see how I did the past 2 weeks. Happy IP' ing everyone!!

Momto2cs
04-25-2012, 03:41 PM
I add curry powder, cumin and cayenne to my cauliflower and chicken soup. Tastes so much better then alone!

Bellamack
04-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Holy Moly Girl, you look awesome!

wuv2bloved
04-25-2012, 03:50 PM
For all you teachers out there, I'm an adjunct instructor, got preggo in January and lost the baby in the first week of april (yes insert sympathy here) but my problem is this: during my pregnancy I was so tired I was calling in sick to my normal job, and not getting grading done. Now it's a week before school's done (next wed the 2nd of may) and I'm getting emails from the administrator asking why my grading isn't done!!! Sorry I just needed to rant, or cry, or throw something. I feel like this is so unfair, I went through this aweful event, only took off two days of class for it total, and now three weeks later I'm getting grief for it :( Sorry, pity party, table of one, right here...and I forgot to take my vitamins and wellbutrin this morning :( need to pack some in my desk at work for just in case i forget days...

sorry for your loss first off and second, did you not have a replacement that could of graded or at least helped while you were out? You can rant, scream, cry and throw things here, that is what this board is for. We will support you in your efforts and stick by you. Tell them administrators to chill out and you will get it done!

BELLA!!!....I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!

Lace and Levis
04-25-2012, 03:51 PM

Hi Sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and now all the added stress you are going through. You have every right to work through your emotions. This is the right place. We will be your comfort food. Sometimes you just need to stop and take care of you, put yourself first. Maybe 2 days wasn't enough. It wouldn't be for me. Nothing is ever set in stone. Talk to your superior and get help with your unfinished tasks. Be nice and reasonable but strong that this is non negotiable about whatever it is you need and why. I understand we are all different, this has worked for me in the past. My heart goes out to you. I wish I could take your pain for you. Hang in there Sweetie. :hug:

mlucas
04-25-2012, 03:54 PM
WI day for me... I lost 1lb. :/ its ok... it's still a loss... but I know that TOM is contributing big time this week. I also started P2 today and will be on it for 2 weeks then P3 for 2 weeks then maintance for 2 weeks while i'm on vacation. I'm excited for vacation to go back home since i'm sure home sick and really tired of being here in ND. I'm ready to move and go some where else where i'm not the only Asian in town! Sorry had a small rant..... just home sick. Congrats to all the losses.. and i hope everyone has a great day!

Bellamack
04-25-2012, 03:54 PM

danif, don't worry about your losses, mine were less than yours are each week. Everyone is different. Overall my average was 1.7 lbs/week and I didn't cheat at all, so with that said, the weight came off!

GloverParker
04-25-2012, 03:58 PM
I am in the low 160s and in some 10's. It won't take much to get into the 8s I bought. I have no hips or hiney so I think it will be before 150lbs.

Sizing in the US is crazy. There is no standard for measurements for sizes like in Europe. Not to mention, the 12s I wore in high school would be today's 5/6. Vanity sizing and a growing obesity issue, I guess.

Just finished reading "Why We Get Fat". I am going to reread it now. The information goes along with IP approach and it all gives an overview of how we came to view diet in this country. So glad I came to the low carb lifestyle through IP. I think it may be truly life saving for me!

My stats are almost identical to yours and I'm sitting here in an 8 blouse and 10 pants (I'm pretty hippy). I'm basically sitting right on the cusp of being an 8 across the board -- a few more weeks! Honestly, can't believe it.

momof2greatcats
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey there, mom3girls63 - saw you are in my neck of the woods! Which IP place do you go to - 252 West in Centerville? Small world! A friend of mine from Fairborn is the one who did this last fall and did fab on IP, so I got started this spring.

I won't use a "just" for my weight loss - 6.3 pounds this week - whoo hooooooooo!!!

DH and I went hiking Monday and Tuesday - about 2.5 miles each time - taken "slowly" - ha ha - my Nike+GPS app on my phone keeps wanting to post to FB "I completed my run..." - no I do not run.

Congrats to all who had good WIs yesterday or today (couldn't get on 3FC yesterday - computer at work was being wonky about the site).

Joplingrl
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I am large framed and wt is 152 and I wear a size 4. I lifted Weights for years don't know if that help me lose more inches than pounds.

rvingprincess
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey there, mom3girls63 - saw you are in my neck of the woods! Which IP place do you go to - 252 West in Centerville? Small world! A friend of mine from Fairborn is the one who did this last fall and did fab on IP, so I got started this spring.

I won't use a "just" for my weight loss - 6.3 pounds this week - whoo hooooooooo!!!

DH and I went hiking Monday and Tuesday - about 2.5 miles each time - taken "slowly" - ha ha - my Nike+GPS app on my phone keeps wanting to post to FB "I completed my run..." - no I do not run.

Congrats to all who had good WIs yesterday or today (couldn't get on 3FC yesterday - computer at work was being wonky about the site).

I couldn't get on the site yesterday afternoon either, I think there must have been a problem with site itself.

Bellamack
04-25-2012, 04:22 PM
WUV,

I MISS YOU TOO! I have been keeping track of you though, you are my idol :) I saw a pic of Jelly and can NOT believe it, she looks like a totally different person, Fabulous...... You girls rock this program and you are the poster-child for it. You are so smart in doing your weight loss this way, today a friend had to rush (out of state) to her DIL, who had weight loss surgery a year ago and now her bowl twisted...YIKES! I am trying to hop on here every day, even if it is just a few minutes for inspiration :)

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Hello, I am new here first time posting.

Welcome! I never used the ketostix, but from what I understand, they are not necessarily a reliable indicator of ketosis. The more water you drink, the lighter it will be. If you are OP, you should be in ketosis. I wouldn't worry about it beyond that. My hands have been freezing too...part of a protein diet, I think.

Not sure I believe that...people munch on vegees all day long to help them get through the day, especially cucumbers/pickles. In Phase 4, we learned not to combine lots of fat with lots of complex carbs, or the body will store the fat instead of use it for energy, but vegees, especially the ones we are allowed in Phase 1, would not do that, and it is very low fat. Maybe somebody with a nutrition background here can answer better...

Hello everyone! Vegetarian substitutions).

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the sorrow you've gone through.

I do eat meat, but try to substitute when I can. My coaches did have alternative plans for vegetarians and I can ask them for what they've got written down. If you are vegan, even the packets may not work, as some of them have dairy. If not, then I would think you can substitute the tofu or vegee burger type stuff, TVP, etc., or the soy protein isolate or whey protein isolate powders that you get in tubs at the health food store. They are mostly pure protein with very little carbs.

I'll ask my coaches and see what they've got...

We can feel your happiness and it is infectious! Good for you!

You are one busy lady over there. Do you have a time line for putting your house up for sale?

Hi Dana - well, with chronic fatigue, I have learned not to set deadlines, at least not too rigid. Whenever I do, I get myself stressed out. I'd like to have it listed now, but it's just not ready. Guess I should get off the computer this afternoon and get back to work! ;)

Thanks!....I didn't think I would of been missed:hug:

You sure were...your wisdom and humour are always appreciated here!

Good morning everyone!

I know what you mean. It has been so long that I weigh what I weigh now, that I really had no idea of what to shoot for. The vanity sizing thing has been in the news - they do it to make you buy one brand over another. But I wear a size 8 pants to my weigh-ins, size 10 other days, and I'm still between 150-153 at 5'5.25", so go figure...

Just a random food blurb...

I roasted 5 poblanos, 2 red bell peppers, 2 seeded jalapenos, and 4 garlic cloves...

Your lunches sound just like mine. I really love soup. I really love spices and I've been throwing in hot peppers, garlic, ginger and now cinnamon into most everything I make! That, and my new fav...garam masala...is to die for!

When you say 'fajita seasoning' do you get a mix, or make it yourself - what's in it?

----
Hello again everybody...ran my errands this morning and was disappointed to find the one store that carried it was out of the frozen rhubarb. I did find mzithra cheese, which I will use with some spaghetti squash one day at lunch.

I'm in Phase 4 and have not gone out for my favorite meal as my splurge day yet, even after almost a month of it, so I stopped at Fannie Mae Candy and got some sugar-free chocolates and holy moly...are they good. Anybody in the Midwest knows what I'm talking about. I won't have them very often because I learned that they use malitol, which is a sugar-substitute, and has a lesser affect on blood sugar than regular sugar, but it is not zero. So that was my splurge. The rest can wait.

Okay, well enough slacking off for me...back to work!:carrot:

jenncorr
04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
This is my first post here. I just had my 3 week WI today and only lost .4 of a pound. I went to a wedding and ate bad over the weekend so it's my fault. Keep me encouraged :dizzy:

MustangMolly
04-25-2012, 04:49 PM
This is my first post here. I just had my 3 week WI today and only lost .4 of a pound. I went to a wedding and ate bad over the weekend so it's my fault. Keep me encouraged :dizzy:

Well you know what caused your low weight loss but think of it this way...you did lose even though you were bad. Don't take that as an okay to eat off plan and still lose though. Forgive yourself and move on. Get right back on plan and take it one day at a time. This is just my opinion...and I have "fallen off the IP wagon" and had to get back on. You will find the best support here so visit often. If you want some great motivation take a look at Wuv's story or Ishbel's progress pictures. These are women who have lost over 100 pounds and have graciously shared their journeys with us so we can benefit from their experience.

MrsChill
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Good Glory! You know your addicted to IP and weight loss when.....

I stopped having a daily restricted for about a month or so ago. No particular reason why, just became a personal choice. Well, today, I decided to add one back in and I feel the dreaded GUILT! I feel like it's a HUGE cheat.....maybe just cause the word 'carb' is in it. It was sooooooooooo tasty tho! How do you change your thinking that its good again? Recently I was put on 4 packets a day. So today I may just be feeling this because I had two drinks, a restricted bar, plus my freebee BlueCran Granata and I still have to have another package. It's silly but all this today feels like an over eat and will put me out of whack or not allow me any loss for tomorrow. I think I'm brainwashed!

Andie0606
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Are we sure that the BlueCran Granata and jelly are free?

Shortcake224
04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi All,

Congrats to all the LOOSERs!!! That sounds funny, to be a looser here is a good thing. Just dropping by with a friendly hi. I WI in 1 hour. Hope I'll have some good news tomorrow.

MrsChill
04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Are we sure that the BlueCran Granata and jelly are free?

Yes, for sure for sure. This has been confirmed by two coaches and I spoke directly with Ideal Protein Office. They are optional and/or freebee. Every 2-3 days have one to get the collagen and assist with skin elasticity.

mooselover
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
I just found out that my Dr is in Cancun for training this week. I will not be able to find out anything about my ultrasound results until Monday next week. Ugh. I was hoping to hear something before I leave town tomorrow morning. Oh well. TOM is now on day 17!!!! This is driving my crazy!!! My pharmasist upped my progesterone (bio-identicals) yesterday to see if that will help me. He thinks my body is being overloaded with estrogen since estrogen is stored in fat cells and my fat sells are opening up and releasing it. I sure hope it helps!!!

mooselover
04-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Lose and loose are not the same word. Just had to get that out. I see them used incorrectly all the time on here :)

usmcvet
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
OMG that is fantastic. So proud of you. Is your wife more of a believer yet?

Thanks Dana. Not really. She said she was really proud of me but not much cheerleading. I was so happy I had to pull over and post here to let you all know. I knew I'd get great support here.

usmcvet
04-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Yankeefan I am so sorry for your loss. It is good to hear your back on OP. Obviously there is nothing we can do or say to fill the void of loosing your baby. I just said a prayer for both of you.

Nibblet
04-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Lose and loose are not the same word. Just had to get that out. I see them used incorrectly all the time on here :)

I am by no means a word **** but thank you so much for pointing this out! Every time I see the word used wrong, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Ok....back to my observation corner.

kmc1021
04-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Yankeefan and Kay, sorry about your loss. Can't imagine that.

WOW so many awesome WI's today!! You go IPers!!

I am so proud of myself. I watch all these people eating their subs and more importantly their cookies (soft cookies are my downfall) and I got up, ordered a salad and ate it like a champ! No cravings, no guilt!

I am exhausted from the trip and think an early night it will be! I didn't even want dinner. I wasn't hungry but knew I needed my stuff so I had two eggs (was missing my yolks anyway) and a salad. I decided to take a bunch of stuff from "my" shelf in the cabinet (all IP approved stuff and IP products) and I made some dressing. Boy, I shouldn't invent new dressings!! It was decent, it was different and that is what I liked. I couldn't tell ya what was in it. I added a little of this, a little of that!!

Again, so proud of you ladies and gentlemen!! WAY TO GO!!

LizRR
04-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Your lunches sound just like mine. I really love soup. I really love spices and I've been throwing in hot peppers, garlic, ginger and now cinnamon into most everything I make! That, and my new fav...garam masala...is to die for!

When you say 'fajita seasoning' do you get a mix, or make it yourself - what's in it?

I found a love of Indian food & spices when I was in New England and couldn't find my 'usual' stuff for Tex-Mex. Here in TX at least, the Fiesta Spice Co. has a product labeled 'Fajita Seasoning' that is a combo of salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and smoke. I grew up with it on the table instead of salt & pepper and put it on everything!

naysha6
04-25-2012, 08:02 PM

Hi Danif: I had my 4th weigh in today, down -3 lbs. I thought it would be more also. I have lost a total of 14 lbs too. At least we didn't gain any weight right. I had to cut back on the crystal lite because it was making me crave carbs, sugar, & the kitchen sink. I am doing much better with the cravings. Keep up the good work cause at least were loosing!

Starting wt: 233
Wk#1 -4
Wk#2 -5
Wk#3 -2
Wk#4 -3

Lace and Levis
04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi Danif: I had my 4th weigh in today, down -3 lbs. I thought it would be more also. I have lost a total of 14 lbs too. At least we didn't gain any weight right. I had to cut back on the crystal lite because it was making me crave carbs, sugar, & the kitchen sink. I am doing much better with the cravings. Keep up the good work cause at least were loosing!

Starting wt: 233
Wk#1 -4
Wk#2 -5
Wk#3 -2
Wk#4 -3

You're doing GREAT!!! Keep it up the good work! :bravo:

staceyjblack
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey everyone!

My first post here, but my 7th week on IP. Down 26 so far and feeling fabulous. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! I don't have that make time to post, etc, but I plan to pop in from time to time :).

Question- How do I get one of those awesome trackers at the bottom of everyone's signatures?!

kellycg102
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I realized a few days ago that I can get in SO much more water if I drink it at room temperature. I used to drink ice water and could barely get in 80 oz per day.. which is my minimum I allow myself. I think I couldn't get it in because always being cold, the ice water made me even colder! I've always been really sensitive to the cold and my fingers and toes are always cold, even before IP. So now that I am drinking water at room temp I can easily drink a gallon and a half.

I Have always drank room temp. Water.......cold water bothers my teeth and i can't drink it fast either. It works great to get all the water in!

Hey everyone!

My first post here, but my 7th week on IP. Down 26 so far and feeling fabulous. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! I don't have that make time to post, etc, but I plan to pop in from time to time :).

Question- How do I get one of those awesome trackers at the bottom of everyone's signatures?!

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss? Tracker you will get after I think 20 days of being a member and certain amount of posts. If you check the first post every day on daily chat it has all the links and info you require.

Good luck

kellycg102
04-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone, not much going on today, feeling super tired tonight, I think looking after sick kids all week has taken a toll. WI#7 tomorrow.....hope it's a goody but if not, I think I will be ok. I can't believe I have went 7 weeks with no cheats and have had tons of temptations. NEVER have I not had a cheat day on a diet.

Sleep tight and OP all the way!

naysha6
04-25-2012, 08:52 PM
You're doing GREAT!!! Keep it up the good work! :bravo:

Thanks, Lace! Im trying to hang in there and finish strong!

atho128
04-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey everyone! I just got my IP package in the mail and am starting for the first time tomorrow!! I am looking forward to losing 38 pounds and am determined to stay OP! Thanks so much for all of your daily inspiration! I'm looking forward to keeping you all updated on how I'm doing! Wish me luck!

evepet
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Hello all. I've been away for most of the day - left at 7am and returned around 7:30pm. I was working from our offices in Toronto, Ontario today (I usually work from my home office). This was the first challenge I've had in terms of coping away from home with this eating program... I didn't do too badly, but not as well as I'd planned.

Breakfast was fine - 6:15am or so - protein shake with 1 cup spinach, in order to get some veggies in early.

(I was travelling between 7:45am and 10:30am)

Lunch - about 12:30pm. Bought an iceberg lettuce salad w cucumber, raw onion, a few pepper slices, and about 5 cherry toms. Also bought a small rotisseried breast of chicken (which was sooooo dry it was almost unchewable)... and since I don't have individual packets of WF dressing, I thought a decent emerg alternative was to buy Newman's Own Light Oil & Vinegar (has 1 carb per 2 tbsp but that was better than the alternatives and I had no option for plain oil and vinegar). The chicken was terribly dry, but I didn't know this until I got it back to the office and tried to eat it... I'd be lucky if I consumed 3 oz of it, and threw the rest out. I probably managed about 1 cup of veg from the salad + the iceberg lettuce.

Break - I had an alternative protein bar with me, and ate it about 4pm, just before I left for home.

(Travelling to return home between 4pm - 7:30pm).

Dinner - 8pm - My goal was to fulfill the remainder of my daily food requirements - which included a protein packet - so I had a packet of tomatoe & basil soup with 1 cup zucchini blended in. In order to get in the needed 4th cup of veg for the day, I threw 1 cup of celery & cucumber + a few green onions & some WF honey mayo into my Ninja and pulsed it... I needed more 'real' protein for the day's intake, so I added a drained can of tuna (I figured out the drained weight of the can of tuna is about 4.25 oz) pulsed it all together, and ate this over romaine lettuce.

I'm sipping a big glass of water & MIO now, to ensure I get my 8 cups in today... I did manage to drink only 1 large cup of black decaf coffee at work and refilled that cup twice with spring water (probably equiv of 4 8oz cups of water). Also had a glass of water before breakfast, & bought a 500 ml bottle of water which I sipped on my way home, so I'm ok in the water department.

Did I goof by eating the tuna at the same time as the soup/protein packet for dinner tonight ?? Since it was already 8pm when I was able to eat, I didn't think I had an option. But I definitely had a heavy protein dinner as a result... I know this wasn't ideal - but is this a problem in any way?? Thanks.

IPdivajen
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi all! Lots of great news around here, and welcome to all the newcomers!

So I had WI8 tonight and am down a nice, round 5lbs. So exciting! Which means I hit my second goal of 45lbs too. The reason I chose that number is the most weight I'd ever lost with one program at a time was 44lbs via Nutrisystem when I was in HIGH SCHOOL. 20 years ago. Insanity.

It's finally my time!!

staceyjblack
04-25-2012, 09:50 PM
I Have always drank room temp. Water.......cold water bothers my teeth and i can't drink it fast either. It works great to get all the water in!

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss? Tracker you will get after I think 20 days of being a member and certain amount of posts. If you check the first post every day on daily chat it has all the links and info you require.

Good luck

Thanks!!!

3sisters
04-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes, for sure for sure. This has been confirmed by two coaches and I spoke directly with Ideal Protein Office. They are optional and/or freebee. Every 2-3 days have one to get the collagen and assist with skin elasticity.

Coaches are so different. I just asked this last week and was told that it IS to be counted as one of my 3 daily packets!

DanafromAustin
04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I hope you have a fantastic workout. I'm going to sign up with my gym again this week. I really need to do some strength training. Do you do any cardio at all @ the gym? I always walk a lot and don't know if I need to add any more.

I don't do any cardio at the gym anymore, but do go for some walks/hiking outside a couple of days per week. You REALLY need to do some strength training, as that's the only thing that will really change your body. I've started doing the slow burn strength training. I think it's more effective and you only need to go to the gym 1 to 3 times per week for no more than 30 minutes for it to be really effective.

I've been doing a lot of reading by Mark Sisson (Primal Blueprint) and Fredrick Hahn and Michael Eades (Protein Power). They have really helped me to understand that these high intensity cardio workouts are a waste of time, and if you really want to burn the fat then just do a slow burn weight lifting session. Thank goodness I don't have to take a spinning class and my husband has put away his running shoes. :carrot:

DanafromAustin
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
I just found out that my Dr is in Cancun for training this week. I will not be able to find out anything about my ultrasound results until Monday next week. Ugh. I was hoping to hear something before I leave town tomorrow morning. Oh well. TOM is now on day 17!!!! This is driving my crazy!!! My pharmasist upped my progesterone (bio-identicals) yesterday to see if that will help me. He thinks my body is being overloaded with estrogen since estrogen is stored in fat cells and my fat sells are opening up and releasing it. I sure hope it helps!!!
Oh no! I HATE waiting for doctors to call. Hope the progesterone helps.

Hey everyone! I just got my IP package in the mail and am starting for the first time tomorrow!! I am looking forward to losing 38 pounds and am determined to stay OP! Thanks so much for all of your daily inspiration! I'm looking forward to keeping you all updated on how I'm doing! Wish me luck!
Wishing you lots of luck; you will do fine.

Hello all. I've been away for most of the day - left at 7am and returned around 7:30pm. I was working from our offices in Toronto, Ontario today (I usually work from my home office). This was the first challenge I've had in terms of coping away from home with this eating program... I didn't do too badly, but not as well as I'd planned.

Breakfast was fine - 6:15am or so - protein shake with 1 cup spinach, in order to get some veggies in early.

(I was travelling between 7:45am and 10:30am)

Lunch - about 12:30pm. Bought an iceberg lettuce salad w cucumber, raw onion, a few pepper slices, and about 5 cherry toms. Also bought a small rotisseried breast of chicken (which was sooooo dry it was almost unchewable)... and since I don't have individual packets of WF dressing, I thought a decent emerg alternative was to buy Newman's Own Light Oil & Vinegar (has 1 carb per 2 tbsp but that was better than the alternatives and I had no option for plain oil and vinegar). The chicken was terribly dry, but I didn't know this until I got it back to the office and tried to eat it... I'd be lucky if I consumed 3 oz of it, and threw the rest out. I probably managed about 1 cup of veg from the salad + the iceberg lettuce.

Break - I had an alternative protein bar with me, and ate it about 4pm, just before I left for home.

(Travelling to return home between 4pm - 7:30pm).

Dinner - 8pm - My goal was to fulfill the remainder of my daily food requirements - which included a protein packet - so I had a packet of tomatoe & basil soup with 1 cup zucchini blended in. In order to get in the needed 4th cup of veg for the day, I threw 1 cup of celery & cucumber + a few green onions & some WF honey mayo into my Ninja and pulsed it... I needed more 'real' protein for the day's intake, so I added a drained can of tuna (I figured out the drained weight of the can of tuna is about 4.25 oz) pulsed it all together, and ate this over romaine lettuce.

I'm sipping a big glass of water & MIO now, to ensure I get my 8 cups in today... I did manage to drink only 1 large cup of black decaf coffee at work and refilled that cup twice with spring water (probably equiv of 4 8oz cups of water). Also had a glass of water before breakfast, & bought a 500 ml bottle of water which I sipped on my way home, so I'm ok in the water department.

Did I goof by eating the tuna at the same time as the soup/protein packet for dinner tonight ?? Since it was already 8pm when I was able to eat, I didn't think I had an option. But I definitely had a heavy protein dinner as a result... I know this wasn't ideal - but is this a problem in any way?? Thanks.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The same thing happened to me tonight. We were out shopping and didn't eat dinner till 8:30pm. Now I'm having pudding right after. As long as you get in your three packets per day, it's all good.

Hi all! Lots of great news around here, and welcome to all the newcomers!

So I had WI8 tonight and am down a nice, round 5lbs. So exciting! Which means I hit my second goal of 45lbs too. The reason I chose that number is the most weight I'd ever lost with one program at a time was 44lbs via Nutrisystem when I was in HIGH SCHOOL. 20 years ago. Insanity.

It's finally my time!!
You are doing fantastic!! :carrot:

Coaches are so different. I just asked this last week and was told that it IS to be counted as one of my 3 daily packets!
My coach also counts it as one of my 3 packets per day. Never heard anyone call it a freebie. Although as much as I like the jello (hated the other stuff), I started using a different product for the collagen that now I just add to my pudding shake every other night.

KitKat169
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
WI tonight and another pound bites the dust!

fam4me
04-25-2012, 11:05 PM
WI #6 tonight. Down 2.75 pounds and 2.4 inches. Then came home and baked about 5 pans of bars to help my daughter with her bake sale. She's 12 and running one at our thrift sale. Almost forgot and licked my finger but remembered just in time! Needless to say, can't get through all these posts tonight, but what I can read, always makes me smile, You are all the best!

wuv2bloved
04-25-2012, 11:12 PM
WUV,

I MISS YOU TOO! I have been keeping track of you though, you are my idol :) I saw a pic of Jelly and can NOT believe it, she looks like a totally different person, Fabulous...... You girls rock this program and you are the poster-child for it. You are so smart in doing your weight loss this way, today a friend had to rush (out of state) to her DIL, who had weight loss surgery a year ago and now her bowl twisted...YIKES! I am trying to hop on here every day, even if it is just a few minutes for inspiration :)
She has done amazing as well but it kinda at a stand still right now. She is going to talk to her coach tomorrow to see what she can switch up. I told her she needed to do two weeks of phase 3 to kick start her body again but she is scared so we will see what happens tomorrow.

This goes for me as well. It counts as a 3rd packet. Also I asked my coach about the Powerade Zero and how to count it and she said count is as WAtER!!...woohooooo another way to get it in!

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
YankeeFan14040:
My coach just said you can use 4 packets a day, and 8 oz of tofu for the vegetarian option. That's much simpler than I thought. The extra packet must give you the extra protein you'd be missing with the meat. I would think the soy or whey protein powders can be used very creatively too, as that's what's in the IP packets.

Danif:
re. Crystal-lite alternatives - I just found a lemonade flavored Crystal-lite today that uses Truvia/Stevia as the sweetener instead of aspartame. There are also some stevia and splenda based water flavors out there - not sure if any of these are what you are looking for in a 'sports drink' but they are certainly better than the aspartame. Mio is very popular too.

---

Boy, I sure learned my lesson on malitol today. I don't know if I'm extra sensitive or what, but my stomach has been killing me all evening. I'll never buy anything with malitol again. I'd rather wait and have a single real piece of Fannie Mae chocolate once a year than eat that stuff again.

Have been craving black licorice and most of the sugar-free chewy licorices I see on-line have malitol, so next, I'm going to experiment with making homemade licorice using anise extract and stevia and gelatin. We'll see....

Momto2cs
04-25-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't do any cardio at the gym anymore, but do go for some walks/hiking outside a couple of days per week. You REALLY need to do some strength training, as that's the only thing that will really change your body. I've started doing the slow burn strength training. I think it's more effective and you only need to go to the gym 1 to 3 times per week for no more than 30 minutes for it to be really effective.

I've been doing a lot of reading by Mark Sisson (Primal Blueprint) and Fredrick Hahn and Michael Eades (Protein Power). They have really helped me to understand that these high intensity cardio workouts are a waste of time, and if you really want to burn the fat then just do a slow burn weight lifting session. Thank goodness I don't have to take a spinning class and my husband has put away his running shoes. :carrot:

You should also read gary taubes and a blog called the war on insulin.

I strength train and cardio train. I love spin, Zumba, etc, but mainly do bootcamp or hiit. It makes me feel good!

Sewmam
04-25-2012, 11:43 PM

Hang in there. You've got to get your head wrapped around this program and really commit, and it will work. Special events are hard, but there will always be that potential, so you've got to find a way to keep the long-term goal in your head and decide whether that cake or drink or whatever is really worth it.

Good luck and keep trying!

Good Glory! You know your addicted to IP and weight loss when.....

I stopped having a daily restricted for about a month or so ago. No particular reason why, just became a personal choice. Well, today, I decided to add one back in and I feel the dreaded GUILT!

I know!!! I used to circle every restricted in my food log so I could track how many I had every week. If you really look at the carb/fat counts, they aren't all that much different than the non-restricted items, but we are so dedicated to doing the best job we can, that I felt like I was gonna get hit by a bolt of lightening if I cheated or had too much of a good thing! ;)

I found a love of Indian food & spices when I was in New England and couldn't find my 'usual' stuff for Tex-Mex. Here in TX at least, the Fiesta Spice Co. has a product labeled 'Fajita Seasoning' that is a combo of salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and smoke. I grew up with it on the table instead of salt & pepper and put it on everything!

Ah...the smoke flavor...that is what really makes a fajita. When I ate out during Phase 1, which wasn't very often, that's what I had at my favorite Mexican restaurant. No chips, no rice or black beans, no tortilla, but at least I could have some vegees, chicken and salsa and it was heavenly. I know there is a product called 'liquid smoke' but I haven't seen a powdered form...will have to look around.

Welcome and good luck to you!

It's finally my time!!

It IS your time, dear! I am 59 and with the exception of a few years in my early 30's, I was overweight all of my life. To varying degrees, yes, but even as a kid, I was the taunted one. I spent a lifetime in the what-if dreamstate...if I was thin, then I'd...[fill in the blanks]. Now, I'm finally there. It may be late in life, but I'm there and I'm never ever going back! You look to be much younger than me and now you've got a whole lifetime to relish and enjoy every single minute of your hard-earned success. You go for it!

I just get so excited and happy to see people so jazzed and working so hard and wanting to improve their health and their lives. It's quite inspiring to me... This board is worth a zillion bucks. :D

Tinawebb
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Welcome back

CkM
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Does anyone have some at home weight training options thay can share? I dont want to over do it on the program but i play basketball once a week, walk daily and am looking to tone my arms...

Thanks!

DanafromAustin
04-26-2012, 12:07 AM
You should also read gary taubes and a blog called the war on insulin.

I strength train and cardio train. I love spin, Zumba, etc, but mainly do bootcamp or hiit. It makes me feel good!

I'm a big fan of Gary Taubes (love his books), but will have to check out the blog you mentioned. Don't get me wrong, I think Zumba is a lot of fun and I use to love my step classes (I like anything to do with music and dancing). They do make you feel good, but to burn body fat and maintain muscle strength training has make the difference.

Off to check out the insulin blog. Thanks!

Tinawebb
04-26-2012, 12:17 AM

Take some of the simple assignments and just make them worth 5pts. Give them 5 if it is complete. This will at least get a few of them done quickly.

Jewelrydiva
04-26-2012, 01:54 AM
WI tonight and another pound bites the dust!

You Go, Girl!!!

patns
04-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks Molly.. never had a fiddlehead.. wouldnt even know where to get one. :D

A lot grow in New Brunswick in Canada and usmcvet who mentioned them here is in Vermont, so they seem to be an eastern thing.

I always thought they were in the dandelion family, but now I realize I don't know what I based that on.They are quite a strong tasting green.

Pat