Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hello everyone! I've been off plan for over a year. Time to get back on plan. Our 5 year old son had passed away last summer and after that, everything went down the tubes. I gained all 40lbs that I lost with IP, and then some from the stress of things. I do have a question for regarding Vegetarian plans. Is there a specific layout for vegetarians at all or do we follow the same plan and insert our fake meats? (worried about carb/sugar ratios with Vegetarian substitutions). Thank you all and I'm looking forward to getting back on plan!
I'm sorry for your loss and glad you found your way back here when you were ready. I'm not a vegetarian and so certainly not an authority on this. However, I read somewhere that tofu and eggs (for those that eat them) were the main vegetarian staples because all of the meat substitutes had sugar and weren't OP...again, I'm not an authority but I hope it helps.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #47  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Good morning everyone..........I plan on staying OP today. Lately I am really struggling. I really can't remember when I was weighed and measured last. I have been travelling and then some days when I get to my clinic? the coach is too busy to weigh me and such. I am using IP foods,but not getting the support I need. This coming Monday,I'm making an appointment ,and I better get weighed and measured! I have been slipping off programn,cause of all this "bussiness" and not getting online to reap the support I know I can get here. Have been letting myself cheap on crackers,which are my downfall!
Today I'm getting my groove on! Started with a green smoothie ,kale ,psyllium ,organic gelatin for my nails,pina colada drink with 2 cups of water. Blended this all up and delicious.
Have a great day everyone. Night shift for me tonight,but I'm going swimming this morning..........
Old 04-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #48  

Does anyone know where Wuv is? I'm worried about her, too.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #49  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

YankeeFan14040: So sorry for your loss. Glad you are returning to taking care of yourself.
usmcvet: Congratulations! I love your graphic!

Tomorrow is my WI and I hope to be where usmcvet is! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All.

Still doing good and completely following IP. The big first WI is tomorrow. I just realized that I have been forgetting about using my sea salt. Will this have a negative affect on my weight loss? Make it a great day~
Truthfully I stopped using the sea salt early on on a regular basis because I was just retaining too much water from it. My coach was fine with it as long as my blood pressure didn't drop too much. I've been on IP for seven months and I just use sea salt if I'm roasting veggies or seasoning some fish, otherwise I never use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I'm very proud of myself - I had my first meal out yesterday.

During coctail hour I had a couple of glasses of water and just kept drinking it all night.

It was buffet and I asked for roast beef without the gravy. I didn't have much salad becuse it had shredded carrots in it. She had told me the veggies were just made with olive oil, so I ate them but picked out the green beans.

When the dessert tray came to the table, I didn't really want to eat them and just told myself that "nothng tastes as good as thin feels".

When I got home, I had my snack.

WI # 3 today, looking forward to it.
Great job! We eat out a lot, and it's really not hard at all other than checking out the restaurant's menu first online to make sure I really can eat there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM IPeeps... I feel FANTASTIC this morning.... since April 9th (my IP start) Ive lost 9lbs.... 3 inches off my waist, 2.5 off my hips.... 1 off my bust. Im Oooooh Peeeee Babeeeee!

We can do this... I can see a curvy 8 in the NOT so far off future...!

Yeeehaw!
It will be here before you know it.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Hello everyone! I've been off plan for over a year. Time to get back on plan. Our 5 year old son had passed away last summer and after that, everything went down the tubes. I gained all 40lbs that I lost with IP, and then some from the stress of things. I do have a question for regarding Vegetarian plans. Is there a specific layout for vegetarians at all or do we follow the same plan and insert our fake meats? (worried about carb/sugar ratios with Vegetarian substitutions). Thank you all and I'm looking forward to getting back on plan!
I am so very sorry for your loss. My Dr. said that you can sub the meat for tofu. I am not a vegitarian so I didn't really listen past that. Welcome back!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Yankeefan - another one who can't help you with your vegetarian questions but just wanted to also express my sympathies for your loss. How heartbreaking.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. My Dr. said that you can sub the meat for tofu. I am not a vegitarian so I didn't really listen past that. Welcome back!
Sorry for all the spelling errors..was typing too fast!! Yikes
Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #54  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All.

Still doing good and completely following IP. The big first WI is tomorrow. I just realized that I have been forgetting about using my sea salt. Will this have a negative affect on my weight loss? Make it a great day~
You will be fine, sometimes I forget to use mine as well. I usually put it on my cucumber for lunch.

Quote:
I'm very proud of myself - I had my first meal out yesterday.

During coctail hour I had a couple of glasses of water and just kept drinking it all night.

It was buffet and I asked for roast beef without the gravy. I didn't have much salad becuse it had shredded carrots in it. She had told me the veggies were just made with olive oil, so I ate them but picked out the green beans.

When the dessert tray came to the table, I didn't really want to eat them and just told myself that "nothng tastes as good as thin feels".

When I got home, I had my snack.

WI # 3 today, looking forward to it.
Sounds like your head is in this for good. You did well at this outing, you wouldn't of had to pick the green beans out, they are an occasional veggie so you could of had them. But you did what you knew you could have, Congrats on a job well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello, I am new here first time posting. I have been on IP strictly for going on my third week. I had my second weigh in since my start date yesterday and was only down a total of 4.5 lbs for two weeks. Also my counselor gave me new keto stix and they don't show any signs of ketosis. I was on Atkins prior to this and was in ketosis. I wonder whats up as I have been perfect in adhering to this plan. I am not hungry and my hands are freezing.
You all are so nice and helpful with each other; I can't tell you how much you've helped me so far! Thanks for this site and you!
IF you were on Atkins before this then you have loss the water weight already so your body is adjusted to eating this way. Your 4.5lbs loss is something you don't have to carry around anymore....be proud of that! IF you are 100% you will be in ketosis by the 5th day. Even though your coach gave you the keto stix, that is stressing you out and making you worry when the color isn't right. STICK to the sheet and don't worry. IT WILL COME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
Good morning. Yesterday my coach told me to make sure that I eat my vegetable within 1 hour of my lunch and dinner or I would gain weight. Does anyone know why this would happen?
I have never heard of this but it is the combination of the packet and the veggies that work together to make the program work. IMO, if you eat 1cup of veggies with your packet and the other later on you would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaAS View Post
Headed to my day 24 weigh in (week 3 and a little). I am not feeling confident even though I have been OP. The only cheats I've had is around coffee- I added extra milk 1x and used unsweetened soy milk in it once. I know I'm not supposed to but I'm doing my best. Trying to still believe in myself, even though I'm not perfect. This is triggering my crazy perfectionism! Thank goodness I have my therapist after weigh-in . Will check in later- thanks for being here!
Sometimes we have to make adjustments to make the program work for us. You know you are doing this so as long as you are ok with slow losses I wouldn't worry about it. We are allowed 1oz of skim milk (recommended)but if you choose another type of milk its on you. NEVER doubt yourself, if you know you are staying OP then you will be just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!
Need your vibes today as I head to WI #5. I snuck a peek at my home scale and it shows only 1 lb loss, even tho I've been 100% OP, so I'm preparing myself to be very disappointed.
I've had pretty intense diarrhea since Monday and have felt headachy. I wonder if it's just part of TOM or if I have something. I blamed it on the cauliflower fried rice recipe I made Monday, but it still cannot be that. I would think that would cause a bigger loss, but the scale doesn't seem to be moving.
I have seen A LOT of Y"ALL using that DREADED word ONLYI DISLIKE this word when you put it in front of your losses. ANY LOSS IS A GOOD LOSS NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG. Its weight that you do not have to carry around anymore. BE HAPPY!

Quote:
Just finished my fourth week down 2.6. For a total of 14 pounds. I am dissappointed, people seem to lose more each week than I do. My coach said she thinks it is because I have been drinking crystal light. I didn't know we were not allowed to have that!! So upset. I am having a colonoscopy tues, so worried that will screw up weight loss. What kind of sports drinks have splenda..does anyone know? I have to dump the prep into a gatorade type drink and have 96 ounces but don't want to screw up the diet!!
NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE ELSE WHEN IT COMES TO WEIGHT LOSS. We are all different, some have more to lose than others and will lose quicker. If you have less to lose then it will come off slower. YOU and an INDIVIDUAL....this is YOUR JOURNEY!!!!....let it happen the way its suppose to happen, YOUR body knows what it needs to do when it is fueled properly. Stick to the program 100% and you will see results. We can have Powerade Zero, it was just approved by IP.

Quote:
I have a question ... during the first few months... do people who are "heavier" loose quicker... (have larger weight loss #s)
YES, those of us who have more weight to lose will lose faster than someone whom has less to lose. With that being said IT WILL COME OFF......stick to the sheet!!

Hello everyone!....I am find just had a horrible day at work yesterday was on the go from 9am until 1030 last night. I had my 51st WI this morning and I am down another 2lbs only 34lbs left to go! I am going back to the clinic tonight for a workshop and one of my friends is starting the program. There used to be 3 of us that hung out together and I always used to be the BIG one...NOT anymore.....My clinic is having I think 4 new people start tonight so that will be a good thing!....

Looks like we have had a few newbies start so welcome and good luck to all of you! USMCVET.....AMAZING losses!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 04-25-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #55  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Another day, another bit of basement or backporch to cleanup for me. I kept procrastinating yesterday, logging in here way too much... , but I finally got back to work.
You are one busy lady over there. Do you have a time line for putting your house up for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
Tonight, we are eating out. It is our DD 21st birthday and we are going to Outback, which is perfect for me. Steak, plain salad and veggies! Nope, I am not even going to have a drink.

I keep thinking that next week at this time I will have a -(pounds) to put in my posts! Everyone is so inspiring on this board! Thank you all!
Happy 21st to your daughter and enjoy your first dinner out on IP. Outback is always a good choice for staying on IP.

Quote:
Good morning. Yesterday my coach told me to make sure that I eat my vegetable within 1 hour of my lunch and dinner or I would gain weight. Does anyone know why this would happen?
Okay not a coach, but I have to honestly say that is the one of the craziest things I have heard come out of a coach's mouth yet. Have to wonder where they get their information from sometimes.

Quote:
Welcome back and I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad to hear you are back and taking care of yourself now. I think I heard that there is an alternative plan for vegetarians, but I've never seen it.

I'm a Giants fan (born and raised in San Francisco), but one of our funniest days in NYC was taking the subway to the old Yankee's stadium (it was like a party on the subway) and going to see a game. I still wear my Yankees base ball cap I bought there, that is when I'm not wearing my Giant's hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
way to go lowrider... amazing weight loss so far.

I just got back from WI and am down 4 pounds this week. I am now in the 170's. whooo hooooooo. Hopefully I will hit 40 down next week.

Good luck to all who still have to WI
Whoo Hoo!!! Congrats on getting into the 170s. I hope to be there in the next couple of days myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I am so excited I have tears in my eyes. Just had weigh in four. Lost ten pounds last week for a total of 50#s!

IP & 3fc have helped me start over!

I hope you all have an awesome day!
OMG that is fantastic. So proud of you. Is your wife more of a believer yet?

Quote:
I have a question ... during the first few months... do people who are "heavier" loose quicker... (have larger weight loss #s)
Yes, I think over all they do.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You will be fine, sometimes I forget to use mine as well. I usually put it on my cucumber for lunch.

Sounds like your head is in this for good. You did well at this outing, you wouldn't of had to pick the green beans out, they are an occasional veggie so you could of had them. But you did what you knew you could have, Congrats on a job well done

IF you were on Atkins before this then you have loss the water weight already so your body is adjusted to eating this way. Your 4.5lbs loss is something you don't have to carry around anymore....be proud of that! IF you are 100% you will be in ketosis by the 5th day. Even though your coach gave you the keto stix, that is stressing you out and making you worry when the color isn't right. STICK to the sheet and don't worry. IT WILL COME OFF!

I have never heard of this but it is the combination of the packet and the veggies that work together to make the program work. IMO, if you eat 1cup of veggies with your packet and the other later on you would be fine.

Sometimes we have to make adjustments to make the program work for us. You know you are doing this so as long as you are ok with slow losses I wouldn't worry about it. We are allowed 1oz of skim milk (recommended)but if you choose another type of milk its on you. NEVER doubt yourself, if you know you are staying OP then you will be just fine

I have seen A LOT of Y"ALL using that DREADED word ONLYI DISLIKE this word when you put it in front of your losses. ANY LOSS IS A GOOD LOSS NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG. Its weight that you do not have to carry around anymore. BE HAPPY!

NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE ELSE WHEN IT COMES TO WEIGHT LOSS. We are all different, some have more to lose than others and will lose quicker. If you have less to lose then it will come off slower. YOU and an INDIVIDUAL....this is YOUR JOURNEY!!!!....let it happen the way its suppose to happen, YOUR body knows what it needs to do when it is fueled properly. Stick to the program 100% and you will see results. We can have Powerade Zero, it was just approved by IP.

YES, those of us who have more weight to lose will lose faster than someone whom has less to lose. With that being said IT WILL COME OFF......stick to the sheet!!

Hello everyone!....I am find just had a horrible day at work yesterday was on the go from 9am until 1030 last night. I had my 51st WI this morning and I am down another 2lbs only 34lbs left to go! I am going back to the clinic tonight for a workshop and one of my friends is starting the program. There used to be 3 of us that hung out together and I always used to be the BIG one...NOT anymore....I am the SMALLEST of the 3 of us and the one starting is SOOOO JEALOUS that she can't stand it anymore and has to start the program. I think its funny that they are jealous of me....hahaha.....My clinic is having I think 4 new people start tonight so that will be a good thing!....

Looks like we have had a few newbies start so welcome and good luck to all of you! USMCVET.....AMAZING losses!!
THERE U ARE!@!!! peeps were worried!

congrats on your con't success.
you look AMAZING...
Old 04-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #57  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
THERE U ARE!@!!! peeps were worried!

congrats on your con't success.
you look AMAZING...
Thanks!....I didn't think I would of been missed
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040

I am so sorry for your loss; how sad. I lost my sister this past summer and ballooned up to 225 lbs. I cannot imagine how hard it would be losing a child. God bless you.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #59  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Congrats on the 170's CADU!!! Hope to join you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
I saw a million (it seemed like it) pizza commercials last night and I soooooo wanted a pizza or anything bread. Today, I am much better. I am sleeping well and I cannot say I am really hungry.

One good thing, our bathroom scale is dead. It needs new batteries, but I was SOOO tempted to weigh myself this morning. Thankfully, I did not. I want it to be a complete surprise on Saturday.
There are recipes to make bread out of the soup mixes. Tomato basil can be used for a pizza flatbread and you can use your tomato (restricted veggie), and I know some use veggie cheese sparingly w/their coaches okay - maybe an IP pizza alternative if you NEED it.

I crave my crispy cereal unrestricted pancakes on the weekend for my "bread" fix - both the bread & unrestricted pancake recipes use 2 egg whites which most of us consider 'free' (note: 2 egg whites per DAY).

Quote:
Also, I've noticed I don't have to do those little squats we do when the cleanly washed jeans are too tight.
HAHAHAH! I haven't moved down officially in jeans yet - granted I probably belonged in a 16 before but was SQUEEZING into the 14's. Now I can only wear them straight out of the dryer or else I risk 'looking like a fool with my pants on the ground'.

Quote:
I've never heard of this - granted, I eat my veggies w/my packets - but I would think that particularly with someone who is either still hungry or has a hard time getting all the food in at once it would be great to 'keep the furnace going'. I'm no expert though, but that doesn't make any sense to me. The longer I'm on this board, the more I'm seeing some confusing and conflicting coach advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Hi Everyone! Happy Wednesday! I was supposed to start IP today but the clinic is so book they cant get me in until Thursday afternoon. I am okay with it because I have some questions and want to be 100% prepared for when I do start.

Vitamins- Does everyone purhase these from their IP clinic? If not can I get some information in where I can purchase the best brands with the required amounts of vitamins that the diet requires.

Thanks in advance for your help! Have a great day!
A lot of folks on here go with a cheaper version of the vitamins, they are supposed to replace your nutrients lost on the plan - just look for a combination of the same nutrients and you can save some big $$$. I just got the CVS version of the Cal-Mag for $3.99/100 pills (vs. $21/120 Natura) and CVS Omega 3-6-9 for $6.50/90 pills (vs. $21/90 Natura Omega III). I made a file to compare my generics against after googling the Natura brand ingredients.

Quote:
Just finished my fourth week down 2.6. For a total of 14 pounds. I am dissappointed, people seem to lose more each week than I do. My coach said she thinks it is because I have been drinking crystal light. I didn't know we were not allowed to have that!! So upset. I am having a colonoscopy tues, so worried that will screw up weight loss. What kind of sports drinks have splenda..does anyone know? I have to dump the prep into a gatorade type drink and have 96 ounces but don't want to screw up the diet!!
Ummm....2.6lb in Week 4 is AMAZING - you do realize you have a 3.5lb/week average loss, don't get let down because you are not going to repeat your week 1 & 2 losses throughout your time, but you WILL LOSE if you stay On Program. Don't Judge Yourself By Weighing Every Day And Don't Compare Your Loss To Anyone Else (especially usmcvet!).

There are several threads about avoiding aspartame you should google & read. It's great you have a coach who analyzed your log and caught that, make sure to keep up and write down even the minute details of what goes in your body in case of other types of things so y'all can try to figure out any other tweaks that can be made in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I am so excited I have tears in my eyes. Just had weigh in four. Lost ten pounds last week for a total of 50#s!
MEN! (just kidding - congrats on the great loss - you are a rock star!)

Last edited by LizRR; 04-25-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Congrats to Cadu!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #60  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Thanks. I was holing for at least a pound. I was on vacation Sat through Last night and we are on the way to the water park at Jay Peak today. Just had lunch. Salad, fiddle heads and a small lean steak. First time eating fiddle heads. It was tough listening to the three kids complain about the hand cut fries! Man I wanted some.
Closed Thread