Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #61  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

A big congratulations to all of those who lost today. Lots of newbies on here now, which is wonderful to see that so many have found IP. I know I will be forever grateful to my doctor for telling me about IP as I had never heard of it before.

I haven't been to the gym in the last week because of my surgery, and I really have missed it. Today I can start strength training again, so off to the gym for me. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Wuv, your pictures are such an inspiration! You look FABULOUS!! You are my hero! You look like a model.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #63  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Thanks. I was holing for at least a pound. I was on vacation Sat through Last night and we are on the way to the water park at Jay Peak today. Just had lunch. Salad, fiddle heads and a small lean steak. First time eating fiddle heads. It was tough listening to the three kids complain about the hand cut fries! Man I wanted some.
ok what the heck is a fiddle head?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I had to google it. Fiddleheads or Fiddlehead greens are the furled fronds of a young fern, harvested for use as a vegetable
Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #65  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone!
To all those that have been on the program and successful, did you have to change your goal weight?
The reason I am asking is because I set my goal weight at 150 lbs. when I started the journey because thats what the ideal weight was for my height on all the internet sites that I researched.
My Coach feels that I am going to look too skinny at 150, so she would like me to stop sooner. I am a larger framed person and people say that I carry my weight differently, that I didn't look as heavy as I was.
I am struggling with the fantasy of being 150 lbs, but I don't want to look old and sickly when I am finished with the journey.
After thinking about it for a since my last weigh in last Saturday and now think that I would like to change my goal weight to 160. Coach says that I need to stop thinking about it by lbs and think about how I feel and size. She guarantees me that I will be in a size 8, but not 150 lbs. How is that possible? I wouldn't think that a person who is more than 150 lbs can be in a size 8??? It's just unfathomable for me to think that it's possible.
I feel great at the weight I am at now but still need to lose some, I guess I will just keep plugging away and see where it leads me.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Yankeefan - So sorry about your son :/ I'm not a vegetarian but from what I understand you just swap them out, careful with the sugar.
usmcvet - W-O-W, that's FANTABULOUS!!! WELL DONE!!!
Prettyone - I don't forget salt but I have naturally low blood pressure so I get quite dizzy without it. If you haven't noticed a difference it won't harm you. But since the only processed foods you're eating are the IP packets you may need extra salt, just talk to your coach. Some people are ok without it and some people need it.
Cadu YAY for 170's
CkM - I was told that maker of QUEST vitamins makes IP Vitamins...the muliti's are 15 bucks a bottle at my health food store...check it out. I couldn't find similar amounts (I wanted almost exact) for the other bottles so I just accepted them.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #67  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Wuv, your pictures are such an inspiration! You look FABULOUS!! You are my hero! You look like a model.
AWWWW thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I was going to ask the same exact thing....lol
Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #68  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on all the IP sucesses. We rock! It is so nice to be taking care of myself again...I love lossing weight and feeling lighter.

It is gorgeaous here in Idaho...Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #69  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

I haven't been to the gym in the last week because of my surgery, and I really have missed it. Today I can start strength training again, so off to the gym for me. Have a wonderful day everyone.
I hope you have a fantastic workout. I'm going to sign up with my gym again this week. I really need to do some strength training. Do you do any cardio at all @ the gym? I always walk a lot and don't know if I need to add any more.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #70  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey all!
Well today I'm having my snack right now, then will eat lunch at 2-2:30ish, then dinner at 6:30, plan is to make Poor Boy Fillets, using 97% ground beef mixed with cauliflower, onion, red and green bell pepper, salt and pepper, and olive oil, all wrapped in a slice of turkey bacon (which I won't eat, never liked bacon) so hubby will like that. I decided to stop weighing myself every day, and either the weight will come off or it won't, and am experimenting with my eating times so I can figure out when I'm most hungry. Last night I had a protein bar (light snack) by atkins at like...9:00? And today my weight was down 0.4 LBS, which yay = loss! , but my loss yesterday was like 2 lbs...so this is why no more daily weighing, i'll drive myself crazy! Starting to clothes shop for "What I'm gonna wear when..." to keep me inspired, and reading these threads to keep myself from getting bored.

Oh well, back to making powerpoint presentations compatible for keynote, being a nerd is soooo overrated. Peace out for now!
-Kara
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #71  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good morning everyone!
To all those that have been on the program and successful, did you have to change your goal weight?
The reason I am asking is because I set my goal weight at 150 lbs. when I started the journey because thats what the ideal weight was for my height on all the internet sites that I researched.
My Coach feels that I am going to look too skinny at 150, so she would like me to stop sooner. I am a larger framed person and people say that I carry my weight differently, that I didn't look as heavy as I was.
I am struggling with the fantasy of being 150 lbs, but I don't want to look old and sickly when I am finished with the journey.
After thinking about it for a since my last weigh in last Saturday and now think that I would like to change my goal weight to 160. Coach says that I need to stop thinking about it by lbs and think about how I feel and size. She guarantees me that I will be in a size 8, but not 150 lbs. How is that possible? I wouldn't think that a person who is more than 150 lbs can be in a size 8??? It's just unfathomable for me to think that it's possible.
I feel great at the weight I am at now but still need to lose some, I guess I will just keep plugging away and see where it leads me.
I have a very large frame too, and I was also struggling with what my goal should be. So, I googled weight chart large frame. I'm 5'4", and the range for me was like 155-145, so I feel comfortable with having 150 as a goal. There's a part of me that wants to fit into the "normal" weight range since I've never been there. The number is a mental thing for me. Now, once I get closer to that number, I may decide that I'm happy with where I'm at and stop sooner.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #72  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I have a very large frame too, and I was also struggling with what my goal should be. So, I googled weight chart large frame. I'm 5'4", and the range for me was like 155-145, so I feel comfortable with having 150 as a goal. There's a part of me that wants to fit into the "normal" weight range since I've never been there. The number is a mental thing for me. Now, once I get closer to that number, I may decide that I'm happy with where I'm at and stop sooner.
I agree that it is so a mental thing for me as well. I have decided to just go with the flow and no worry about the numbers so much, at least for today. LOL
Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good morning everyone!
I can so relate to your dilema. I set a goal but my coach and family all keep saying they think it may be to low. Like you I think we need to adjust our thinking to feeling good and being healthy not the size of our clothes.

As far as your question about the how others fit in size 8 and weigh more...besides where and how we all carry our weight there are tricks! If you are fortunate enough to afford to buy your clothing at more expensive stores (ex. Nordstroms) you can pay to wear jeans that say Size 8 yet fit up to Size 10. That may help if you can wear an 8 but have a trouble spot that needs a little give. For me I have better places for my money so after finding a Brand and cut that works for me I jump on Ebay and look for new or VERY gently worn pair and pay less than half price. This little trick was shared with me by another IP member my first time around and seemed to work for me. When I lose weight I have almost no butt, small legs and my waist is still a little thick. Doing this allows my jeans to fit everywhere and still gives just enough forginess at the waist that I do not get a muffin top.

Remember stay focused on your health. Being to skinny isn't healthy either. This is about you being healthy, happy and enjoying your wonderful life.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #74  

"She guarantees me that I will be in a size 8, but not 150 lbs. How is that possible? I wouldn't think that a person who is more than 150 lbs can be in a size 8??? It's just unfathomable for me to think that it's possible."

I don't know either. I'm short, but even when I was 135 lbs. I wore size 10. I have two possible theories. 1) the way we are losing weight may be causing us to lose more inches, so we can fit into smaller sizes, or 2) Vanity sizing has gotten all out of control. I'll know better when I can fit back into my size 10s that I still have. If I have to get back down to 135 before they fit again, then it's vanity sizing.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #75  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I had to google it. Fiddleheads or Fiddlehead greens are the furled fronds of a young fern, harvested for use as a vegetable
Thanks Molly.. never had a fiddlehead.. wouldnt even know where to get one.
Closed Thread