Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default IP Daily Chat, Monday, April 16, 2012

IP Daily Chat, Monday, April 16, 2012

----NOTE----
I did not successfully copy Wuv's links, so if you need them, go to an earlier chat and follow from there. Sorry!

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody
It is going to be almost 90 degrees here in NJ today... Yes, 90 degrees in the middle of April. Might just have to go out and get some tan to this body today. Also going to the doc to get the results to my 3 month blood workup. I am excited to see if my sugar and triglycerides went down since being on IP. (Before IP I was very high on the pre diabetic scale and my triglycerides were over 700).
Will check in later, I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Hope you all had a terrific weekend!

Am reading a book about women, weight and hormones, and I just wanted to say that I commend all of you for doing this program. Taking the time now to learn about how your body and your mind work, will serve you through your life. I'm 59 and as time goes by, more ailments and hormones and all that fun stuff have made it harder to function, let alone lose weight. After IP, I will no longer accept that anything is impossible. Harder, maybe, but never, ever give up. Those of you who are 'young,' i.e., anybody younger than me! , you are doing such a good thing for your life. Set the knowledge and habits you learn now into action and you'll have a much better time of it as you get older. You will benefit and your loved ones will too.

Well, I go in for my bi-annual mammogram this morning and weigh-in this afternoon. Here's hoping my Phase 4 experiments are not derailing me too very much...

Hope you all have a perfectly grand day!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning IP family!
It's going to be a hot one here in MA as well! I hope to get a myriad of things done around the house and stay OP today... it's hard to keep in my work-week routine during a day off.
I was prowling another site's IP recipe page last night, and may try the reuben salad tonight - yum!

Cadu: Can't wait to hear the results! I'm sure your numbers will be great.

Sewmam: Thank you for the words of wisdom. As a person who has always benn plagued with self-doubt, I need lessons like this. Good luck on your appointment today.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #5  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone! still getting caught up on my reading all of the posts from the weekend! Suppose to be a beautiful day here in Massachusetts!!

Hope you all have a great OP day!!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #6  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone.. A summer day in spring in NJ today. Had a rough weekend with lots of temptations but stayed on track. We painted my mothers part of the house, tiled the backsplash and as she is a collector I have been having a hard time getting all her stuff back in \o/. So slowly and surely, step by step, I weed and only place what is really needed back in her space.

Eating wise, I have not been eating as much veggies as I am supposed to . Also noticing even though I drank 14 cups of water yesterday that I am dehydrated? Should I just add salt to my water?

Wishing you all a great OP day!!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Morning all!! I have so much energy this morning! I woke up early this morning at 4:40am to go to the bathroom.. (I've actually gotten used to getting up and having to peedle in the night now.. does not bother me as much anymore) and decided that I was going to stay up and get ready for work! I weighed myself and my scale showed 124.6. My scale has always shown a pound or two higher than my clinic's so in the past two days I could have lost over a pound! That excites me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody
It is going to be almost 90 degrees here in NJ today... Yes, 90 degrees in the middle of April. Might just have to go out and get some tan to this body today. Also going to the doc to get the results to my 3 month blood workup. I am excited to see if my sugar and triglycerides went down since being on IP. (Before IP I was very high on the pre diabetic scale and my triglycerides were over 700).
Will check in later, I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good morning everyone! still getting caught up on my reading all of the posts from the weekend! Suppose to be a beautiful day here in Massachusetts!!

Hope you all have a great OP day!!
It's a high of 90 here in DC too!! First time I haven't had to wear a jacket to work!! Woo hoo!!! Good luck at your appt, Cadu!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Busy, busy weekend and another busy week.....does it ever end??

I noticed that lately, especially last week, I have not been getting all my veggies in. This week, I have planned ahead for each day of the week so I know what veggies I will be eating. I am going to try to manage my time better (what little there is of it) and make sure that I am not going out for lunch and just getting grilled chicken salads....need more veggies for lunch than just a salad!

We have something planned for every night after work this week. Viewing my son's 1st birthday photos with the photographer, my daughter's soccer practice, an evening meeting, and my daughter's soccer game....oh, then the in-laws are coming over the weekend! Then, we have our son's 1st birthday party on Saturday.......then finally a break Sunday....then off to Texas for a week-long conference!! PFEW!! Need to plan ahead for staying on plan for my week long conference. Planning to bring the IP products/alternatives in my luggage to take with me.

Have I exhausted you yet from reading? It wore me out!!

Have a great day all!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

[quote=Cadu;4295221]Good Morning Everybody

Good morning all!
Cadu,
Would be interested in hearing how things changed. Please let us know. Do you get copies of your blood work? In the past couple of years I have been getting copies of every test result my order orders. Nice to have your own file.

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to review my thyroid test results and will be asking him to run a lipid panel so I can check changes in cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. I was a tad on the high side and now, 3 months later and 2o+ pounds thinner, should be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Hope you all had a terrific weekend!

Am reading a book about women, weight and hormones, and I just wanted to say that I commend all of you for doing this program. Taking the time now to learn about how your body and your mind work, will serve you through your life. I'm 59 and as time goes by, more ailments and hormones and all that fun stuff have made it harder to function, let alone lose weight. After IP, I will no longer accept that anything is impossible. Harder, maybe, but never, ever give up. Those of you who are 'young,' i.e., anybody younger than me! , you are doing such a good thing for your life. Set the knowledge and habits you learn now into action and you'll have a much better time of it as you get older. You will benefit and your loved ones will too.

Well, I go in for my bi-annual mammogram this morning and weigh-in this afternoon. Here's hoping my Phase 4 experiments are not derailing me too very much...

Hope you all have a perfectly grand day!
Sewmam, What is the title of this book?

I have also been reading up on cenegenics. A personal trainer I work with just had his initial review done with them - a full day of testing and talks. So much of what they advise is exactly what we do. Interesting, inspiring, and further reinforces what an important lifestyle phase 4 is to our overall life "healthspan" as they call it. If interested, google ceneggnics.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-16-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps... I had a moment yesterday .... I went out to have lunch with a good friend .. I ordered the hanger steak salad (no feta cheese), and some sesame chicken.... well the salad was delish and OP.. the wings came out and werent ... I didnt know the chicken was in a savory sweet sauce..... so I didnt want to go OP and I didnt want to waste my money sooooo I blotted the sauce off the chicken, and pulled the skin off... I ate a few pieces of the meat only and didnt finish. I was STILL worried about the sweet sauce taking me out of ketosis, so I drank water and more water and didnt miss a step come dinner time. Today.... Im OP baby. have a fantastic Monday. I go for my first WI tomorrow.... I hope to have a significant loss....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/170/120/

Height: 5'

Morning everyone,

Got myself on the scale this morning, and I seem to be at the same weight I was when I weighed myself on April 7th. Seem to have hit a wall, and I don't really feel as though I'm on Ketosis anymore. The only thing I've been a bit lazy with is maybe eating enough vegetables, would that actually take you off ketosis by not eating enough? I always make sure to get my 3 Ideal Protein packs in a day... I just find I'm never hungry
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #12  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!
Gonna be a hot one here in VA as well today! Great weekend, got lots done, even got a Sunday nap in yesterday. Hope everyone hase a great day!

On a more somber note though today, we remember those killed in the Virginia Tech Massacre...... love to my Va Tech family and remember today we are all Hokies!

Last edited by Ducksmy; 04-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Good morning everyone! I have a looonnnggg day of work ahead of me so I went ahead and packed dinner too so I wouldn't have to worry about getting too hungry or not feeling well...after a weekend of challenges (stayed 100% OP) I'm glad to be back in my work routine - never thought I'd say that! Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning Ipers! Hope everyone is off to a great week.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend including myself! I got a little sun yesterday chillin gout by the pool with some friends and gloating at the same time....ha. One of my neighbors is a friend whom has always been Jealous of me even when I was bigger came to the pool as well yesterday. She doesn't have a very high self esteem, and I am the opposite. Even when I was bigger I would go to the pool in my bathing suit, I was OK with how I looked. Now my self esteem is "**** yea I look good"...hahaha....Well I am much smaller than she is and have a cute bathing suit, she has a not so cute one and she said crap I need to get on your diet cuz you are looking 'Hot'.....lol...I said I told you how to do it you just gotta follow it. She said I know but I don't have your will power, you are super woman when it comes to that stuff. I told her you don't want it bad enough or you would have it as well. We went out to dinner last night, she tagged along and got the same as me....A chef salad with Mahi Mahi (sp) with no dressing. After we were done she said GEEZE I am full...I said now you think I don't eat? she said but I would of enjoyed a shrimp po boy....I said of course you would have, I would have too but that shrimp bo boy isn't good for you and neither are the fries that come with it...she said I KNOW I KNOW....I gotta change my way of thinking.....lol...I just saw her and she said Man I feel good this morning, I don't know what it is...I told jer you had a healthy meal last night that is what it is. She said wanna go have another salad for lunch?....lol....maybe this will work after all......lol
Closed Thread