Old 03-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Cheated all weekend

I had a terrible weekend of cheating.....

I feel so discusted with myself..........why do I do that - Had a great week last week lost 5lbs.....then what do I do???? CHEAT!!!!!!!!!

Why, Why, Why!!!!

Why are weekends so hard.....
df1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

It happens. Just forget it and move on!! Don't feel bad about it because you learned from your mistake. Everything will be fine, just get back on plan and move forward.
Weekends are really tough for some people especially if you're out and about all weekend. If this is you, try to plan for the weekend and keep a few packets in your purse for those unpredictable moments. Remember your goal! You've worked so hard thus far and you can finish it!!
You can do it!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

CassiR is right -- cheating happens but what matters is how you react to it. Put it behind you and get right back on plan, just like you know how to do, and the damage is totally reversible. Forgive yourself and get back in the swing of things. You've had amazing losses so far and you're totally going to continue losing. You can do this!!!
KRinOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

You have lost 42 pounds. That is great..Get back on track and get that scale moving again. You are seeking progress not perfection. You can do it. IP does work. You will feel much better when you are eating right. Try to figure out what you could have done to help yourslef..drink lots of tea.
We have all been there. You can do it.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Smile

It happens, dust yourself and move on... It happens to all of us at one time or another. I have done it to myself many times....I have told myself I would be completely OP, and so far I have, but it is hard, and I have a history of sabotaging myself. 42 pounds is awesome, just keep on keeping on and you'll be fine!
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I agree with all that has been said. Give yourself credit for how far you've come! You can't change the past, so if you can figure out what the motivations or triggers were to cheat, and do something to react differently, make note. In either case, just keep plowing ahead!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #7  
threenorns

oh, and here i was hoping for something racey because you met THE most gorgeous poolboy.

oh well.

sounds to me like you didn't "cheat" all wkend, more like you "took a break", "relaxed", whatever. monday, get back to it, that's all.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-11-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I find weekends hard too. After the routine and discipline of a work week, it is easy to want to relax everything. I try to keep some sort of normal schedule on the weekend even if it is different from the week. While my tendancy is to want to eat breakfast and then go go until dinner, I make myself stop for a break around lunch time. I've even gone as far as taking a bag of veggies in my purse and sitting in my car to snack between errands.

Whatever your trigger is, forgive for what you've done and next time be prepared to do better.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #9  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post
oh, and here i was hoping for something racey because you met THE most gorgeous poolboy.

oh well.
Loved this!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I wish it was the pool boy ...
I have also had a tough weekend. Tom and can't stop the chocolate cravings...I feel somewhat insane??!!!!
Work tomorrow is my only beacon of hope to get back op.
I know way better than this...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #11  
threenorns

chocolate/ToM is simple: 70% or better dark chocolate.

you can get them in 100cal bars.

it's because there are nutrients that chocolate is particularly high in that we get those cravings - even me, and i'm not much for chocolate and esp not dark (i get the 70% chocolate with the hot chili in it - yummy).
Old 03-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post
chocolate/ToM is simple: 70% or better dark chocolate.

you can get them in 100cal bars.

it's because there are nutrients that chocolate is particularly high in that we get those cravings - even me, and i'm not much for chocolate and esp not dark (i get the 70% chocolate with the hot chili in it - yummy).
true confession time... I have found myself munching on a small piece of bakers chocolate. It was nirvana. No sugar, though certainly not on the approved list...
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #13  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Quote:
Originally Posted by df1960 View Post
I had a terrible weekend of cheating.....

I feel so discusted with myself..........why do I do that - Had a great week last week lost 5lbs.....then what do I do???? CHEAT!!!!!!!!!

Why, Why, Why!!!!

Why are weekends so hard.....
Hey there chica!
I hear what you're saying...weekends have been a real challenge for me too. My hubby and I were hosting company this weekend and that threw another curveball at me as we did a lot of eating out.

I did my best but I know it wasn't 100% OP. This is a learning process for me and I'm trying to understand why I have the triggers that I do and change them for the future. I'm finding that for me it's all about being prepared. If I'm hungry and I don't have an IP option handy I will fall to a temptation.

I had some wins like when everyone else was eating burgers and fries from Burger King I was having my RTD Mango drink. I felt good about my choice and even better when everyone else woke up this morning feeling gross from the late evening grease.

I also had some fails, like when we waited too long for lunch and I ate some of the peanuts at the table just because I was so hungry. I thought that it was a better choice than eating the bread and butter.

What matters is that starting right now this minute I'm back on track and I'm not going to waste anymore time looking at what I did wrong. I'm just going to focus on what I'm going to do right.
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #14  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

I think that the weekends are hard.... Since starting 3 weeks ago, I have stayed home a lot more because I am scared of the temptation. I had a volunteer event on Saturday for work and it was very hard to stay on program. I did pack my lunch and stick with it though but I was kind of depressed. Saturday night my fiance and I went to dinner and I was craving a light beer so bad. I like the low carb beers the best anyway but didn't want to take a chance. Not as much fun as the "old days" but try to focus on how better I feel with over 12 lbs. off! We just booked our beach vacation for the beginning of June so I have to keep my eye on that goal for now. Why do we beat ourselves up when we know that "life" is going to happen....and we won't be perfect all of the time???
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #15  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
I think that the weekends are hard.... Since starting 3 weeks ago, I have stayed home a lot more because I am scared of the temptation. I had a volunteer event on Saturday for work and it was very hard to stay on program. I did pack my lunch and stick with it though but I was kind of depressed. Saturday night my fiance and I went to dinner and I was craving a light beer so bad. I like the low carb beers the best anyway but didn't want to take a chance. Not as much fun as the "old days" but try to focus on how better I feel with over 12 lbs. off! We just booked our beach vacation for the beginning of June so I have to keep my eye on that goal for now. Why do we beat ourselves up when we know that "life" is going to happen....and we won't be perfect all of the time???
Yatese -
You and I have so much in common! We've been on IP for the same amount of time and have similar stats and goals! Let's rock those 30-35 pound out together!!

Go get 'em!! You can do it!!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote