Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Saturday 1/21-Sunday 1/22

wuv2bloved
01-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

JoLoMN
01-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks for starting the weekend chat Lisa.

I've been catching up on posts for the week. The site has been so busy, (which is awesome) it takes a while to get up to date with everyone.

Great WI and NSVs!

Thanks all for the great recipe ideas; especially ones for additional ways to prepare veggies.

I'm enjoying maintenance, but keeping myself pretty close to P2/P3 most days. So busy at work; even if I packed a lean protein to heat up, I don't seem to be able to get away, so a RTD shake has been my go to and fits nicely in my laptop case. I guess I'll stick with whatever is easy until the pace slows down a bit. One observation about P4 is that I was so excited that I could have snacks; in my mind that meant more snacks than my usual bedtime snack. Anyway, I'm finding that I'm full all day and don't really want or need one. In awe of how much this program has changed my lifestyle.

1FineChick
01-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Week 3 barely on program had 2 chamber banquets. Ate dessert both nights, couldn't resist the pecan pie and the cheesecake. Stayed away from the bread and potatoes. I didn't even go to my WI yesterday cause I haven't been OP most of the week. So, I'm thinking this morning maybe I should do the IP alternative products. Not sure where I'm missing the mark, I know any program has to be about reprogramming the mind. Wondering if I'm really rdy to do that. My actions are not reflecting that readiness. Am I subconsciously sabotaging myself? Program cost too much not 2b serious about it. Sorry for the random thoughts.....Can u tell I'm confused LOL

Chuckles1330
01-21-2012, 07:38 AM
WI#1 this morning - not excited about driving thru the severe weather we are having to get there (possible hail and tornadoes as well as the thunderstorms), but excited for the first time in years about getting on a scale. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Now to find my lightest underwear...

Tmg1989
01-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Week 3 barely on program had 2 chamber banquets. Ate dessert both nights, couldn't resist the pecan pie and the cheesecake. Stayed away from the bread and potatoes. I didn't even go to my WI yesterday cause I haven't been OP most of the week. So, I'm thinking this morning maybe I should do the IP alternative products. Not sure where I'm missing the mark, I know any program has to be about reprogramming the mind. Wondering if I'm really rdy to do that. My actions are not reflecting that readiness. Am I subconsciously sabotaging myself? Program cost too much not 2b serious about it. Sorry for the random thoughts.....Can u tell I'm confused LOL

Do not beat yourself up. It sounds like you are not ready. Do not think you are subconsciously sabotaging, I think you are consciously doing it. Try ONE day, one hour at a time. Like an addict you have to want it more and be ready minute by minute to say that to yourself.

Today is another day! Good luck!

ShanCo
01-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Good morning! It's my 3rd week on IP and I know I shouldn't check my weight everyday but I just get so excited...anyway I have a question for you more experienced "losers" ;) Has anyone seen the use of Mio or drinking flavored Propel water slow down their weight loss? My coach said to be careful with sweet flavorings because they can trick your body into thinking it is getting sugar and mess up your ketosis? I have not lost a single pound since Wednesday and the only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm using too much Mio? Thoughts...

1FineChick
01-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Do not beat yourself up. It sounds like you are not ready. Do not think you are subconsciously sabotaging, I think you are consciously doing it. Try ONE day, one hour at a time. Like an addict you have to want it more and be ready minute by minute to say that to yourself.

Today is another day! Good luck!

I like what u said I have to want it more. Minute by minute be rdy to say it. Well at this minute and on this day I WANT IT MORE! One day at a time. I'm gonna do this.:hug:

What I've learned this week is change is not easy but it's necessary for my health and well being.

TracyAWC
01-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Good morning! It's my 3rd week on IP and I know I shouldn't check my weight everyday but I just get so excited...anyway I have a question for you more experienced "losers" ;) Has anyone seen the use of Mio or drinking flavored Propel water slow down their weight loss? My coach said to be careful with sweet flavorings because they can trick your body into thinking it is getting sugar and mess up your ketosis? I have not lost a single pound since Wednesday and the only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm using too much Mio? Thoughts...

I haven't experienced that with Mio or the SF flavorings BUT I do think every person's body can react differently. I was eating super lean protein every night (0 fat chicken breast) but it wasn't until I switched to turkey burgers that had 20g fat in an 8oz raw serving that the weight started to melt off - go figure. I'd try eliminating it for a week and seeing what happens - could it be TOM? I never lose weight then....good luck!

Traceym
01-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Good morning! I am trying the soy patty today for the first time. Does anyone have good ideas on how to best prepare it? I hope you all have a great OP day!

doublebaby
01-21-2012, 09:44 AM
WI#1 this morning - not excited about driving thru the severe weather we are having to get there (possible hail and tornadoes as well as the thunderstorms), but excited for the first time in years about getting on a scale. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Chuckles,
That is funny about the underwear! I am sure you will do great at your weigh in, just be careful getting there.
I have my weigh in this am as well. I tend to wear the same thing from week to week but now have to change to a different pair of jeans because the ones I had been wearing are tooooo big. That can only go in my favor with a little less fabric right?
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend and stays warm.:cool: Oh, and will soon get power back on for those that are surviving without it.:crossed:

Lorilou
01-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Good morning IPeeps. Congrats to all the great WIs over the last day or two and good luck to all who WI today.

I am feeling a bit discouraged :( I am VERY sodium sensitive and retain water if I'm not careful with my sodium intake. I find that I am retaining more water than usual on this program and it makes me very uncomfortable. My hands, feet and ankles swell as well as my toes and makes it hard to walk sometimes. The scale is barely showing a weight loss since my first week. The body scan thing they do is showing body fat loss and lean muscle gain so I am hanging on to that. It's just hard not to see the scale move when I have been 100% OP. I talked to my coach and I am eliminating the sea salt (I was barely using it anyway), eliminating all soups and choosing the lowest sodium items. We will see how it goes. I don't want to stop this program because I see how successful a lot of you are and I am determined to stick it out and see if the sodium issue subsides. Sorry for the long message but I am kind of upset today.

DanafromAustin
01-21-2012, 09:51 AM

I know for me personally I really wanted to do this more than anything. I was down right excited by the time I started. I think for me that was the key and I haven't cheated once in the four months I've been on the plan. There have been times I wanted something so badly, but getting thinner is way more fun than some piece of food can ever be. Decide if you really want this MORE than anything. I also have to say that buying the IP foods OR the alternatives will be a waste of money if you haven't made the commitment. Make the commitment to yourself to be healthy today. Get your head in the game so to speak.

I don't have Mio all the time, but it hasn't caused me any problems. However sometimes I stop it for awhile because it makes me start to crave things again, I think because of the sweet taste. Putting a slice lemon in your water is always a good choice.

It's not unusual for the third week to be a lower weight loss week because generally people have their biggest weight losses the first two weeks. It's your bodies way of saying, "Whoa slow down." It generally then settles into normal around the 4th or 5th week. I do weigh everyday because the scale going up or down doesn't bother me, but I would recommend putting your scale away if it starts to stress you out at all if the scale doesn't move that week or goes very slow.

DanafromAustin
01-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Good morning IPeeps. Congrats to all the great WIs over the last day or two and good luck to all who WI today.

I am feeling a bit discouraged :( I am VERY sodium sensitive and retain water if I'm not careful with my sodium intake. I find that I am retaining more water than usual on this program and it makes me very uncomfortable. My hands, feet and ankles swell as well as my toes and makes it hard to walk sometimes. The scale is barely showing a weight loss since my first week. The body scan thing they do is showing body fat loss and lean muscle gain so I am hanging on to that. It's just hard not to see the scale move when I have been 100% OP. I talked to my coach and I am eliminating the sea salt (I was barely using it anyway), eliminating all soups and choosing the lowest sodium items. We will see how it goes. I don't want to stop this program because I see how successful a lot of you are and I am determined to stick it out and see if the sodium issue subsides. Sorry for the long message but I am kind of upset today.
I had the exact same problem with my ankles when I started this program, but now that I've lost weight that problem seems to almost have gone away. When I was having that problem I was making sure I drank more than enough water, got rid of the sea salt (still don't use it that much), got rid of the omelets and soup mixes too. I stuck to bars, RTD and puddings. I still mostly eat those foods only. I also started drinking dandelion tea (you can buy it at health food stores or even Target sells it) which is the best to deal with water retention (I did my research on how to deal with water retention).

The most important thing is that you are loosing fat and gaining muscle. I definitely wouldn't get discouraged as you ARE loosing. The scale will catch up with you eventually. Hang in there!

hmt1372
01-21-2012, 10:11 AM

Lorilou, I can totally related. My weight has been on a roller coaster since I started IP. The first week I lost -10.8, second week (and TOM) I GAINED 10 lbs, third week I lost -18 lbs, 4th week gained 4 lbs, 5th week gained 1 lb, but I have steadily been losing inches and my clothes are getting bigger. My coach even called the doctor in to go over everything with me. I have been 100% OP and have made the eating suggestions my coach told me, such as not eating pork or bbq (smoked meat, not bbq with the sauce), and still it is a struggle for my body to release the water retention. The doctor said he felt it is all water and soon I will have a big whoosh of water. The other thing is that I have been in strong ketosis this whole time - I bought the Ketostix and measure every night. I am not in ketosis in the morning, like others, but that is to be expected since your liver releases glucose during the night/morning, which is why diabetics have to test their sugars in the morning. From what I have read, you should test yourself at the same time of day to see if you're in ketosis. I have been very frustrated with my lack of progress and begin researching ketosis, water weight and not losing and came across this article that made a lot of sense to me. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/643435-post-induction-stall-anyone.html It is specifically talking about another program, but the principle of inducting into ketosis is the same, as that is their main goal, too. This has given me hope that eventually my body will finally release all that extra water it's holding on to. One last thing, I increased my water even more this week, from 110 oz to 130-140 oz and I've lost two pounds so far this week...would love for it to be more, but I'll take what I can get. =)

Just hang in there and keep at it. I wish I was a fast loser like most on this forum, but unfortunately there have to be some people that don't lose quite as fast. I just keep telling myself to stick with it, that results will follow because how can they NOT given what we are eating caloric wise and being in ketosis? I wish you well...hang in there.

massconfusion84
01-21-2012, 10:12 AM

its so funny you said that about your lightest underwear. Yesterday was my second weigh in and I tried on 3 different outfits and weighed myself before going to see which one was the lightest...and then I took my bra off to see if that would make a difference LOL...I ended up wearing my scrubs...witha bra

uolecrab
01-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi Everyone,
Have almost made it to the end of my second week and its not so bad. I found a substitute Parmesan Cheese thats not so bad tasting and great to sprinkle on my morning eggs and can't wait till I do my miracle noodles and meatballs with it on it. Its called Veggie Grated Parmesan Flavor by Galaxy Nutritional Food and you can find it in the cold section of the fruit and veggie aisle with tofu, and vegetarian products. 2-tsp=15 calories, .5 gram fat, no carbs or sugar. I use 1 tsp and it is only 7.5 calories. Not bad.

janniegoingdown
01-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Good morning! I am trying the soy patty today for the first time. Does anyone have good ideas on how to best prepare it? I hope you all have a great OP day!

Morning, I have tried the soy patty and did not like it. It definitley needs something to spice it up. Good thing I only bought one packet. Good luck :)

Lorilou
01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
I had the exact same problem with my ankles when I started this program, but now that I've lost weight that problem seems to almost have gone away. When I was having that problem I was making sure I drank more than enough water, got rid of the sea salt (still don't use it that much), got rid of the omelets and soup mixes too. I stuck to bars, RTD and puddings. I still mostly eat those foods only. I also started drinking dandelion tea (you can buy it at health food stores or even Target sells it) which is the best to deal with water retention (I did my research on how to deal with water retention).

The most important thing is that you are loosing fat and gaining muscle. I definitely wouldn't get discouraged as you ARE loosing. The scale will catch up with you eventually. Hang in there!

Thank you Dana. I will have to find that tea and see if it helps. I know I have to hang in there and will do just that and stay strong!

Lorilou, I can totally related. My weight has been on a roller coaster since I started IP. The first week I lost -10.8, second week (and TOM) I GAINED 10 lbs, third week I lost -18 lbs, 4th week gained 4 lbs, 5th week gained 1 lb, but I have steadily been losing inches and my clothes are getting bigger. My coach even called the doctor in to go over everything with me. I have been 100% OP and have made the eating suggestions my coach told me, such as not eating pork or bbq (smoked meat, not bbq with the sauce), and still it is a struggle for my body to release the water retention. The doctor said he felt it is all water and soon I will have a big whoosh of water. The other thing is that I have been in strong ketosis this whole time - I bought the Ketostix and measure every night. I am not in ketosis in the morning, like others, but that is to be expected since your liver releases glucose during the night/morning, which is why diabetics have to test their sugars in the morning. From what I have read, you should test yourself at the same time of day to see if you're in ketosis. I have been very frustrated with my lack of progress and begin researching ketosis, water weight and not losing and came across this article that made a lot of sense to me. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/643435-post-induction-stall-anyone.html It is specifically talking about another program, but the principle of inducting into ketosis is the same, as that is their main goal, too. This has given me hope that eventually my body will finally release all that extra water it's holding on to. One last thing, I increased my water even more this week, from 110 oz to 130-140 oz and I've lost two pounds so far this week...would love for it to be more, but I'll take what I can get. =)

Just hang in there and keep at it. I wish I was a fast loser like most on this forum, but unfortunately there have to be some people that don't lose quite as fast. I just keep telling myself to stick with it, that results will follow because how can they NOT given what we are eating caloric wise and being in ketosis? I wish you well...hang in there.

Thank you hmt for proving the link to that article. I will make sure to read it. I drink up to 100 0z of water a day any will try to increase it. My coach has said that the water will balance but it is difficult waiting for that.

Thanks again to both of you for the support :hug:

galpal445
01-21-2012, 10:58 AM

I make my own taco seasoning mix and put that into the dry soy patty mix and then make it as directed. I crumble it up and put it on my salad with 2 cups of veggies. I use 2 tablespoons of a fresh salsa that I really like plus 1 Tablespoon of olive oil for my dressing. I now have a taco salad...yum!

:D

Paint Lady
01-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I mix the soy patty up with IP friendly taco type seasoning and then crumble it up in the skillet while it cooks. Make a taco salad out of it. I find it has a bean flavor, making it acceptable for taco salad if seasoned properly. I never ate it any other way.

NavyMommy
01-21-2012, 11:10 AM

I think that eliminating the salt, soups, and omelets is a great first step. Also, drinking a wedge of lemon squeezed into a cup of very warm water helps me. I do that around TOM when I am so swollen I can't get my rings on before bed and it really helps. You might also start shooting for a little more water. Personally I drink 4L a day (which I think is about 140ozs).

I'm enjoying maintenance, but keeping myself pretty close to P2/P3 most days. So busy at work; even if I packed a lean protein to heat up, I don't seem to be able to get away, so a RTD shake has been my go to and fits nicely in my laptop case. I guess I'll stick with whatever is easy until the pace slows down a bit. One observation about P4 is that I was so excited that I could have snacks; in my mind that meant more snacks than my usual bedtime snack. Anyway, I'm finding that I'm full all day and don't really want or need one. In awe of how much this program has changed my lifestyle.

Congrats on getting to maintenance!! That's funny that you say that about the snacks. When I got off the program in October I found I just couldn't eat as much as I 'used to'. It's amazing how your body adapts and really does know what's best for you.

I am not intending this to come out harshly so please don't take it that way, but honestly you might not be ready yet. You aren't going to get the results you desire with little cheats here and there, and in the long term you will feel deprived and wonder why it's not working for you. I read someone post that they would not cheat unless they were willing to tear up 2 $20 bills, because that is basically what you're doing. I'll see if I can bump the "Reasons not to cheat thread" for you.

This diet is a change in mindset. As for me coming off of calorie counting and WW I had to realize that this diet is totally different, there is no room for a bite or taste of something in moderation like there is on those plans, but this is a fixed plan. You will only be this limited for a certain period of time, and then you will be back to learning how to eat for your body and maintaining the weight loss (and can have the pie and cheesecake!). I hope this helps!!

I check my weight everyday too, the key is to not get discouraged when it goes up a little. For me, I know how it fluctuates and don't worry to much, I just like seeing the number, it's a control thing.

I've never tried the flavored propel water, but I do use MiO just about every day. I try to alternate it and do 1L plain water and 1L water with MiO but that's just so I am in the habit of drinking plain water. You're in your 3rd week (as am I in my restart) which tends to be where it really slows down. I wouldn't worry about it honestly.

uolecrab
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM

Don't be discouraged as I too think the program is too expensive and with 2 children in college next year I can't think of wasting money but I have done the alternate program and looked at all these posts to get great ideas,recipes and ip packet ingredients to compare to get same ingredients and I purchase from Netrition, Lindora store and get ip packets from a friend.
:)

JoLoMN
01-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Chuckles, you made me laugh out loud and my DH too, because he wanted to know what the commotion was about. :D

Thanks NavyMommy! :hug:

NavyMommy
01-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Just got home from the grocery store :) I was SO SO excited, I got a screaming deal (basically buy one get one) on MiO so I got 4 more to add to my collection :) I might be a bit of an addict, I have ALL the flavors. Don't forget, MiO is a Kraft product so if you have a coupon for a Kraft product or drink mix it qualifies. :carrot:

Heading out today to get my hair cut and a pedicure. The haircut is just because I need it and the pedicure is to treat myself because I saw a number yesterday I haven't seen in at least 2+ years. I still have a long way to go, but I am making progress and that's what matters.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

1FineChick - I bumped the cheating thread for you.

Mischyff
01-21-2012, 11:35 AM

I am also in week 3 and I have been struggling myself. I haven't cheated but I am finding it so difficult to stay OP. There are nights I lay awake thinking about what I am going to eat when I finish this program! However, I agree that it is too expensive not to be serious about this diet. I also believe that since I have tried every other diet out there and failed, that if I don't stick with this one, I will always be overweight. In 3 weeks I have lost 18.5 pounds and in the past it has taken me 3 or 4 months to lose that much. I think we have to try and find strength anywhere we can get it. If I didn't have my WI this morning there is no doubt in my mind that I would have given in and had a slice of pizza last night. Friday night is pizza night in my house and always difficult for me, but knowing that scale was waiting for me stopped me. I hope I have given you some inspiration not to give up. These boards have been a God send to me but this is my first post. Good luck :)

happy2bme1
01-21-2012, 11:53 AM
good morning, hope everyone has a great OP weekend.

mrsmurphy
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
1finechick - Don't give up. It is hard to retrain our thoughts and behaviors. This is coming from someone who would eat a tray of pizza for breakfast - now i'm having a SHAKE. Your mind body and soul has to want it. My wake up call was a trip to the doctor almost 4 weeks ago, when they told me i have to see a cardiologist to check for heart blockages - I see this cardiologist on this tuesday. I am 26 years old. i thought to myself, something HAS TO CHANGE. I am slowly committing suicide each time I put something unhealthy into my mouth.

Being overweight, is not simply out of a bad habit, it's a lifestyle, its unmanageably when it comes to food. I felt out of control, i had to start looking at food as an addiction.

just keep your head up... you will have your wake up call too :)

wuv2bloved
01-21-2012, 12:28 PM
1finechick - Don't give up. It is hard to retrain our thoughts and behaviors. This is coming from someone who would eat a tray of pizza for breakfast - now i'm having a SHAKE. Your mind body and soul has to want it. My wake up call was a trip to the doctor almost 4 weeks ago, when they told me i have to see a cardiologist to check for heart blockages - I see this cardiologist on this tuesday. I am 26 years old. i thought to myself, something HAS TO CHANGE. I am slowly committing suicide each time I put something unhealthy into my mouth.

Being overweight, is not simply out of a bad habit, it's a lifestyle, its unmanageably when it comes to food. I felt out of control, i had to start looking at food as an addiction.

Very well said MrsMurphy, when I went to the Dr for my hip and he told me he couldn't do a hip replacement because I was too big and if I didn't lose the weight I would soon be in a wheelchair. I did not want that. When I went see him 3 months later I was down 60lbs, he could not believe it. I just went see him 2 weeks ago and he was amazed at the progress I have made with 114lbs gone at the time. I am walking with barely a limp now and he said I more than likely will NOT have to have that replacement now. He said I am his FIRST patient to FOLLOW his request and I should be his poster child as to if you follow a correct food plan you CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT! You have to have it WITHIN YOURSELF, you have to find that Inner peace with yourself. ONCE you do that, you will kick this in the tail. Remember eating this way is only for a period of time...NOT FOREVER!!!

grassfedbeef
01-21-2012, 12:39 PM
After all the talk on here about MIO, I had to go get some. I had a glass last night and it was so yummy. I am feeling a little guilty because that is my first non-water or IP drink in 4 1/2 months. Maybe I should just stick to water. My question is: why is MIO allowed (sucrolose) and some say no to Crystal Light or anything with aspartame and why is Splenda and stevia ok? Anyone know?

Debbie64
01-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Don't be discouraged as I too think the program is too expensive and with 2 children in college next year I can't think of wasting money but I have done the alternate program and looked at all these posts to get great ideas,recipes and ip packet ingredients to compare to get same ingredients and I purchase from Netrition, Lindora store and get ip packets from a friend.

While I will agree this program is a little more costly then WW (however they have weekly meeting dues) The IP package is $4.00/meal. For those who eat out one or more meal a day, it is less expensive then a Big Mac, fries and a coke, or a Grande Starbucks coffee or even soup and salad at Panara or a salad or sub at good ole healthy Subway. You must be ready. My hubby and I started on IP on the day after Thanksgiving and many thought we had lost our minds. I am still OP (AND LOVIN IT) and hubby is not. I do agree with you that if you are not committed to IP you are just being unfair to your body honestly. One day you restrict it and then the next you cheat. It is a mind set and a real committment to yourself. Only you can decide when you are ready to change your life. IP really is a life changing journey! I have had issues with weight since I was 8 and know it will always be an issue and the older I get the harder it becomes.

Dont be hard on yourself, maybe it really is not the right time. But you are hear and hearing the good and the bad about one way that you can break the yo yo diets and lose the weight for good. I wish you much success in whatever decision you make.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Still no power here but I've been cooking on our wood burning stove. Hasn't been too bad. We have heat and I still get hot food. Thanks again to Wuv for giving me quick suggestions for alternatives until my doctor's office is back up and running. I panicked thinking I'd have to go off plan when I couldn't get more food and I missed my second WI. Hopefully they'll be able to schedule me soon. We made it through and now our snow and ice is melting. Our branches have finally stopped breaking off our trees. It was a tense couple nights hearing them come crashing down all night. Here's to a better week next week!

aliciawake
01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
I started the Ideal Protein diet in early December. I found it quite easy to follow and stay on. As of yesterday, I lost 21 pounds and have 35 to go...I was amazed at the number of inches I've lost too. The weekly check-in at my doctor's office keeps me really motivated.

MaMaZu
01-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Beautifully put, mrsmurphy; this is a road travelled best together!

omgzitsmiranda
01-21-2012, 01:13 PM
I decided to redo my signature and to try to redo my mindset. I can't keep beating myself up for needing to lose 120something more pounds. I decided to just focus on 10lbs at a time & in my signature. That way it moves *faster* on the ticker & in my head [I'm hoping lol]. But here's hoping!

I'm pretty sure that powder has done me in this week for weigh-in, just a feeling, but we'll find out for sure Monday. But I'm back on what I need to be on apparently, so hopefully the whoosh fairy will be back my 3rd week :)

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

DrLaDivaD
01-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Good morning - so obviously I am a newbie newberson here, having started on Weds of this week and feeling a little overwhelmed by the learning curve and how far I have to go - BUT, reading everyone's posts this morning has been wonderful!
This is the first thing I have done for my own self-care in a very long time, and I am terrified I am going to fail at it like I have failed at every other diet/eating plan - but your posts are so encouraging and have made this the best Saturday morning I have had in a long time:)
My main issue currently is the hunger between meals - gotta shrink that tummy down! Also, I am gluten-free so my options in the IP packets are even more limited... fear of boredom is on my list as well.
I am scared of my first WI on Tuesday and that I will not lose anything and become discouraged again.
I am babbling in my first post- but it feels good to write something down!

Lorilou
01-21-2012, 01:25 PM
I think that eliminating the salt, soups, and omelets is a great first step. Also, drinking a wedge of lemon squeezed into a cup of very warm water helps me. I do that around TOM when I am so swollen I can't get my rings on before bed and it really helps. You might also start shooting for a little more water. Personally I drink 4L a day (which I think is about 140ozs).

Thanks NavyMommy! I add lemon twice a day to my salad to spread the WF around. Would that do the same as putting it in warm water? I eat the herb and cheese omelet which has only150mg of sodium as compared to 440mg in the plain omelet so I'm not too worried about that. Most of the soups are horrible so I will stay away from them. I hope the water retention resolves soon as it is frustrating (well more than a little).

New Englander
01-21-2012, 01:35 PM
I started the Ideal Protein diet in early December. I found it quite easy to follow and stay on. As of yesterday, I lost 21 pounds and have 35 to go...I was amazed at the number of inches I've lost too. The weekly check-in at my doctor's office keeps me really motivated.
Hey there, Looks like where on the same weight loss track. I'm also 5 8 but started a little heavier than you at 229. I'm contemplating my final weight...I was thinking 165 and now I'm considering 155... ??? I guess I'll decide when I get closer to the end. :) Best wishes!!! Maggie

mompattie
01-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Very good point!!! This is about being healthy.... Having Silver jeans that make my butt look good are a bonus!!!! Thanks for saying this!!!

DrLaDivaD
01-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Hang in there - Seattle should be up and running again soon - it has been a dreadful week! I am North of Seattle and it has been a real challenge, but woke up today and rain had melted most of it.

Momto2cs
01-21-2012, 02:19 PM

If you are going to stick to the program you should go weigh in even if it is a gain. That is how you will build accountability, which might help you think about the repercussions when you are tempted to cheat...

Jag23
01-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Good Saturday morning. Hope everyone has a great OP day. I am amazed at how great I feel,and sticking to program.......I need to dance today,for exercise and pure pleasure in feeling my hip bones!!!!!!!

THISTIME4ME
01-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Still no power here but I've been cooking on our wood burning stove. Hasn't been too bad. We have heat and I still get hot food. Thanks again to Wuv for giving me quick suggestions for alternatives until my doctor's office is back up and running. I panicked thinking I'd have to go off plan when I couldn't get more food and I missed my second WI. Hopefully they'll be able to schedule me soon. We made it through and now our snow and ice is melting. Our branches have finally stopped breaking off our trees. It was a tense couple nights hearing them come crashing down all night. Here's to a better week next week!
Hi Pbj, I live in North King Co. I have some extra food if you need it, because I just came from my weigh in and my new week doesn't start until Monday. I'm out and about, so let me know if you would like to meet somewhere.

vocaleer
01-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Good afternoon, all!

I had my first weigh in yesterday. I lost 3 lb. I was hoping for a bigger drop, but - hey, it's better than gaining! I got to say, the first 3 days were real difficult. But now it really is easier. I'm surprised that I'm not craving anything. That is just not me!

tenniels
01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey ladies! I just wanted to share my first NSV's with you all, since I am so inspired by yours. Last night I went to a friends place, drinks and snacks were had by all and I stuck with my water. When I got home I had my own snack (peanut butter puffs) and enjoyed every bite while feeling good about my willpower. Then, my dad told me he noticed I looked slimmer and my brother told me I was doing great and to keep the good work. Coming from two important men in my life, it meant the world. Feeling really good about those things and can't wait for more moments like that :)

Gardengurl71
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Happy Saturday, everyone! Looks like some of us are lucky enough to be thawing out. We even have sunshine here which is a treat :)

For all of those who are struggling, I feel your pain! There have been sooooooo many times when dieting only reinforced my feelings of failure. But, I realize now that it wasn't necessarily the diet, it was my mental state. For me personally, I have to be ultra committed mentally and emotionally for ANY sort of diet to work at all.

The great benefit of IP is that we see results relatively quickly compared to many plans. Also, I think being off the sugar/carbs greatly reduces cravings...and makes them manageable.

I still get hungry. I still look at food longingly. I still have moments where I get discouraged...But what keeps me going is my commitment to IP and to becoming a happier, healthier version of me.

I am nearing the end of my fourth week on IP. I can't tell you how much reading all your posts encourages me. I can't explain how feeling in control of food feels so liberating...but I am guessing most of you understand :)

I am trying to be patient with myself and with my body. There is no way this program is not going to work for me if I follow it correctly...I just have to be committed and be patient enough to LET it work :)

Keep on keepin' on IPeeps...this IS doable and most of you on here ARE the proof that it does work!!!!!

Have a great weekend and be proud of your efforts! Alicia

vocaleer
01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Ha! I just found out why you add water to the shaker first and not the IP drink! Besides having powder everywhere, mixing it up is a wee bit difficult!

wuv2bloved
01-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and let yall know what just happened to me. I came with my son to change the oil in hi car where we always go. We are standing outside talkiing and the salesman that sold us the car came up to my son and ask "how is your mom doing?" My son looked at him, looked at me and said "ummm she is great" the guy said well tell her i said hi. My son looked at me and laughed then told the guy "ok i sure will"......he walked away and we busted out laughing he didnt realize it was me standing there......lol

tenniels
01-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and let yall know what just happened to me. I came with my son to change the oil in hi car where we always go. We are standing outside talkiing and the salesman that sold us the car came up to my son and ask "how is your mom doing?" My son looked at him, looked at me and said "ummm she is great" the guy said well tell her i said hi. My son looked at me and laughed then told the guy "ok i sure will"......he walked away and we busted out laughing he didnt realize it was me standing there......lol

If this were a Facebook status I'd be clicking "LIKE"!!!!! :carrot:

Lorilou
01-21-2012, 03:39 PM

That is so funny! What a great NSV:carrot:

alaskastarr
01-21-2012, 03:40 PM

:rofl: That is too funny!! But what a great NSV for you :D I'd be grinning from ear to ear the rest of the day!!:D

Momto2cs
01-21-2012, 03:50 PM
That's great wuv! You do look different. And very happy!

happy2bme1
01-21-2012, 04:11 PM

what a great story. it must have made you feel really great. i can hardly wait to get to that place. one day at a time, right? ;)

NavyMommy
01-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Well I'm feeling pretty good this afternoon :) I just put on a skirt I haven't worn in I don't even know how long. And it zipped, easily :D Plus my pedicure was amazing, made me look forward to my next weight goal so I can treat myself again. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Thanks NavyMommy! I add lemon twice a day to my salad to spread the WF around. Would that do the same as putting it in warm water? I eat the herb and cheese omelet which has only150mg of sodium as compared to 440mg in the plain omelet so I'm not too worried about that. Most of the soups are horrible so I will stay away from them. I hope the water retention resolves soon as it is frustrating (well more than a little).

I don't know. I remember back in the fall there was some discussion going around about people doing it the night before a WI for better numbers, so I tried it when TOM was coming and I was miserable and it helped. I even did it when I went off plan in November and December. I hope you can get some relief! Feeling like that is miserable!

My main issue currently is the hunger between meals - gotta shrink that tummy down! Also, I am gluten-free so my options in the IP packets are even more limited... fear of boredom is on my list as well.
I am scared of my first WI on Tuesday and that I will not lose anything and become discouraged again.

Once you go fully into ketosis (if you started Wednesday, probably tomorrow or so) the hunger will be so much less. I hardly have any hunger between meals that a few pickle chips or cucumber slices or a cup of hot tea can't alleviate. Good for you for doing something like this for yourself!!

That's awesome!!! What a great NSV!! :) :carrot::carrot:

doublebaby
01-21-2012, 04:18 PM
I am also in week 3 and I have been struggling myself. I haven't cheated but I am finding it so difficult to stay OP. There are nights I lay awake thinking about what I am going to eat when I finish this program! However, I agree that it is too expensive not to be serious about this diet. I also believe that since I have tried every other diet out there and failed, that if I don't stick with this one, I will always be overweight. In 3 weeks I have lost 18.5 pounds and in the past it has taken me 3 or 4 months to lose that much. I think we have to try and find strength anywhere we can get it. If I didn't have my WI this morning there is no doubt in my mind that I would have given in and had a slice of pizza last night. Friday night is pizza night in my house and always difficult for me, but knowing that scale was waiting for me stopped me. I hope I have given you some inspiration not to give up. These boards have been a God send to me but this is my first post. Good luck :)
You should treat YOURSELF on these friday family nights too! Why should you feel left out? I believe there area few faux pizza recipes on here or you could get an OP take-out meal or salad to splurge right along with your families take-out pizza. That is great that you didn't give in this week. I am proud of you! Plan for next week so that you can feel as though you are having a treat along with everyone else.Keep up the good work.:hug:

purple sky
01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Ha! I just found out why you add water to the shaker first and not the IP drink! Besides having powder everywhere, mixing it up is a wee bit difficult!

LOL! There is a learning curve when you first start. That powder gets everywhere. I started mixing it in the sink. Also I always rinse out the container immediately because some of the products really stick. In the beginning I was really tired or crabby so I would get so frustrated when that powder went everywhere.

patns
01-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Wuv, that is so funny! Too bad your son didn't turn to you and say "Mom, ... said to say hi to you." That probably would have embarassed the guy though.

Pat

doublebaby
01-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Just had my 6th weigh-in in 8 weeks and lost another 6.6lbs for a total of 30.2 lbs! Never, ever imagined this. :bubbles: No doubts here.

doublebaby
01-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Nuts, tried to update my ticker. Back to the drawing board.

lingereverywhere
01-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Happy Saturday all! I had my first NSV last night – a small one, but I just reconfirmed it and it seems to be a real one! I’ve had several pairs of jeans tucked away in the back of my closet for months (one for a couple years even). They’re the same size as I normally wear, but fit smaller and they were just that much too tight that I couldn’t wear them. But! When I put them on they were comfortable and fit perfectly. I’m still counting IP time in days (13 today) and this is a nice little boost! Especially since I’m one of the impatient ones among us…

Mkssweetie
01-21-2012, 04:50 PM
good afternoon all! It is good to read all the posts. It makes me feel less alone in my journey. I was going to say struggle since that is how it feels but I am trying to say positive things to change my mind set. It is a blue day for me. week three and really crabby. I am going through menopause ( I think) and have irreg TOM started a couple of days ago and really hoped the scale would show a loss now but no such luck. OK going to drag myself out of this funk and mix a drink ( ip one) and have a salad:dizzy:

alaskastarr
01-21-2012, 04:56 PM
I tell myself to enjoy the journey each day with IP (and of course my school and learning and my lovely family), but I find myself wishing for March or April and being able to see the results of being farther along with this weight loss...I joke about my hubby losing weight faster, but today it's super duper frustrating me :mad: I'm like a :bomb: just waiting to go off :( It just may be because that TOM is around the corner but I honestly physically want to throw a tantrum :tantrum: right now. Oh give me strength to get through this day.

purple sky
01-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks for starting the weekend chat Lisa.

I've been catching up on posts for the week. The site has been so busy, (which is awesome) it takes a while to get up to date with everyone.

Great WI and NSVs!

Thanks all for the great recipe ideas; especially ones for additional ways to prepare veggies.

Hi JoLoMN,

I saw this in your signature.

Exercise Goal Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred: Level 1 for 10 days...

Can I ask what this is and how you like it? I know I will be smaller one day but I don't want to be jello-y anymore. I also know I can't exercise much now but I am looking for things to do in the future. I also think I might like Zumba. Just walking a little now.

Also, I loved reading about your maintenance. It's so helpful. Also interesting to know that you can go back to phases 2 or 3 if you so choose. Congratulations on being in maintenance.

Mkssweetie
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
good afternoon all! It is good to read all the posts. It makes me feel less alone in my journey. I was going to say struggle since that is how it feels but I am trying to say positive things to change my mind set. It is a blue day for me. week three and really crabby. I am going through menopause ( I think) and have irreg TOM started a couple of days ago and really hoped the scale would show a loss now but no such luck. OK going to drag myself out of this funk and mix a drink ( ip one) and have a salad:dizzy:

purple sky
01-21-2012, 05:17 PM

I tell myself to enjoy the journey each day with IP (and of course my school and learning and my lovely family), but I find myself wishing for March or April and being able to see the results of being farther along with this weight loss...I joke about my hubby losing weight faster, but today it's super duper frustrating me :mad: I'm like a :bomb: just waiting to go off :( It just may be because that TOM is around the corner but I honestly physically want to throw a tantrum :tantrum: right now. Oh give me strength to get through this day.

Hormones.

This diet really messes with them. I am not savvy in this area so hopefully someone else can explain it but I do remember early on that my coach said something about hormones and being prepared to deal with it. It causes some challenges in couples going through the program together. It's sorta like little bits and pieces of random PMS here and there. At least that is how I see it. Wish I could explain it better.

tenniels
01-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Happy Saturday all! I had my first NSV last night Ė a small one, but I just reconfirmed it and it seems to be a real one! Iíve had several pairs of jeans tucked away in the back of my closet for months (one for a couple years even). Theyíre the same size as I normally wear, but fit smaller and they were just that much too tight that I couldnít wear them. But! When I put them on they were comfortable and fit perfectly. Iím still counting IP time in days (13 today) and this is a nice little boost! Especially since Iím one of the impatient ones among usÖ

Congrats on your NSV!!! I too am counting IP time in days (today is day 12 for me) and tend to be impatient. Its so encouraging to have these things happen, it really keeps a person motivated for more success.

kdspirited
01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi All
Just got back from my Paris business trip. Have to say for the most part managed to stay on plan. Made IP choices for dinner and lunch however didnt have much control over how they were prepared. Have my first weigh in on Monday since my return. Hoping its all good. My clothes fit well actually a bit better.

gs463
01-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Good afternoon, all!

I had my first weigh in yesterday. I lost 3 lb. I was hoping for a bigger drop, but - hey, it's better than gaining! I got to say, the first 3 days were real difficult. But now it really is easier. I'm surprised that I'm not craving anything. That is just not me!

Congrats on your loss! I am in the beginning of my third week. I lost 4 lbs the first week and only 1.6 the second. I was a bit discouraged too but it is worth haning in there. My coach said at the end of a month we would take the average and that many people average about 3 lbs per week. I am hoping for that and waiting to see. Hang in there.

Mkssweetie
01-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I really hate hormones right now:D

gs463
01-21-2012, 05:35 PM

I am also in my third week and my coach told me the same thing. She actually told me not to use Mio at all when I first asked. Then at WI#2 I asked her why and she said the sugar alcohols can trigger insulin in many people and cause a slowing in weight loss. It actually makes sense as I have had this happen to me before on Atkins with other products.
Believe me I know how hard it is to get the water in. My coach said if I had to use it to use it with my water while eating a meal only. Something about the insulin spike being less when having other foods vs just water??

northernfawn
01-21-2012, 05:39 PM

:carrot:Way to go:carrot: especially for doing over the holidays:)

wuv2bloved
01-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Ticking time bomb is the worst feeling....My cousin is doing the program as well and HE cheats all the time and STILL loses...THAT is like a slap in the face for me. But I know when I am done, I will keep my weight off and HE will gain it all back. Hang in there, his will start slowing down soon.

northernfawn
01-21-2012, 05:53 PM

Awesome NSV!!

northernfawn
01-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Just had my 6th weigh-in in 8 weeks and lost another 6.6lbs for a total of 30.2 lbs! Never, ever imagined this. :bubbles: No doubts here.

Congratulations! :carrot::carrot:

Pamelama
01-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Woke up this morning feeling "skinny". Put on one of my "usual" pants and they are lterally just barely staying on above my hips.

Had coffee and dark chocolate pudding muffins. For lunch it was some bell peppers and "creamy" cauliflower, followed by wild berry yogurt smoothie with a touch of WG chocolate syrup.

PS, Wuv, loved your story! How great that must feel!

wuv2bloved
01-21-2012, 06:04 PM
I just experimented with a chocolate drink....I used 10 oz of cold coffee instead of the water and added some ice in my blender.....woohoo!!!!.....frozen coffee :)

1FineChick
01-21-2012, 06:22 PM
i just wanted to thank everyone who offered encouragement to me. I stayed on program all day. (one day at a time). I'm gonna do this. And so many of you are right this journey is best traveled together. I'm so grateful for these forums.

Mkssweetie
01-21-2012, 06:26 PM
i just wanted to thank everyone who offered encouragement to me. I stayed on program all day. (one day at a time). I'm gonna do this. And so many of you are right this journey is best traveled together. I'm so grateful for these forums.

:carrot:Great Job! Keep going!

Louisiana chick
01-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I just experimented with a chocolate drink....I used 10 oz of cold coffee instead of the water and added some ice in my blender.....woohoo!!!!.....frozen coffee :)
I do that every day. As a matter of fact my coffee is in the freezer right now because I realized that I had forgotten to put some in the refrigerator. I don't blend mind, I just mix in crushed ice. I absolutely love this. I never get tired of it.

lingereverywhere
01-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Just had the plain-omelet "fried" cauliflower recipe with some zucchini in there as well -- delicious!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Ooh ooh $1 off EAS advant-edge coupons coming out tomorrow! Sorry, just had to share ;)

socalgirl83
01-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I had a question regarding the miracle noodles, my coach said i can have as long as it has 0 carbs but looking at the nutritional value it looks like it has 3 grams of carbs. Are these ok to eat if you're on phase 1?

salmongirl
01-21-2012, 07:32 PM

Now that is what I call fun! Good job and keep inspiring us!

Linden
01-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi All
Just got back from my Paris business trip. Have to say for the most part managed to stay on plan. Made IP choices for dinner and lunch however didnt have much control over how they were prepared. Have my first weigh in on Monday since my return. Hoping its all good. My clothes fit well actually a bit better.

I'll bet you walked a lot -- even if the metro workers weren't on strike. :D

salmongirl
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM
This is day 9 for me and I am not having a problem staying motivated so far. I have my first weigh in on tuesday so we will see what that brings. I love reading all the post, helps inspire me. Have a great weekend everyone!

Momto2cs
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM
My miracle noodles say 0. Do you have the "name brand"?

I had dark chocolate pudding cakes last night. Wow! Just like brownies!

If only there was a free icing!

Linden
01-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I remember back in the fall there was some discussion going around about people doing it the night before a WI for better numbers, so I tried it when TOM was coming and I was miserable and it helped. I even did it when I went off plan in November and December. I hope you can get some relief! Feeling like that is miserable!

Google vinegar, preferably cider vinegar. Has the same properties as lemon juice, cheaper, more accessible, AND fewer, fewer carbs.

Linden
01-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Good morning - so obviously I am a newbie newberson here, having started on Weds of this week and feeling a little overwhelmed by the learning curve and how far I have to go - BUT, reading everyone's posts this morning has been wonderful!
This is the first thing I have done for my own self-care in a very long time, and I am terrified I am going to fail at it like I have failed at every other diet/eating plan - but your posts are so encouraging and have made this the best Saturday morning I have had in a long time:)

I don't think you're babbling. You're voicing many thoughts that people have when they begin the program. Read, read, read. :) It is SO important, maybe for the first time, to do something for yourself. About limited choices -- I'm allergic to soy so my choices were VERY limited. But it was STILL worth it. Please stop being "scared". Stress is one of the worst enemies of weight loss. Please remember that, OK. It's a really important point. The cravings WILL go away. If you're hungry between meals, have something liquid. And very best of luck as you move through Phase 4.

omgzitsmiranda
01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Google vinegar, preferably cider vinegar. Has the same properties as lemon juice, cheaper, more accessible, AND fewer, fewer carbs.

Is apple cidar the same as cidar? Or are they different?

Lakewood
01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
My miracle noodles say 0. Do you have the "name brand"?

I had dark chocolate pudding cakes last night. Wow! Just like brownies!

If only there was a free icing!

THERE IS ICING!
I make icing with the chocolate drink mix. Just add a little bit of water (maybe 2oz) to the entire pack and stir stir stir! Add a little more if it's too thick. Then I ice the muffins and split them up for 2 meals since it's 2 packs. YUM-O! :carrot:

mrsmurphy
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM

you can do it! Live minute by minute if you have to! And don't entertain the thought to cheat. The minute you entertain those thoughts, they will dwell and dwell, then by the time the food is in your mouth your mind was made up to cheat the minute you entertained the thought to cheat. If that makes any sense.. when I get the urges I find something else to do! Or I do a "I can have that food when I'm skinny" dance. Seriously... i was at my dad's house today and my sister made chicken cutlets, WOW did I have the urge. My three sisters were there eating.. and i swear to you, I saw the food and I immediately started dancing around the living room singing and dancing saying nothing taste as GOOD AS SKINNY WILL FEEL. hahah, it was entertaining for them. But, for me it was my way of stopping myself from entertaining those thoughts to eat!! it worked!! I left and came home to my spinach and chicken salad :)

WUV THAT IS AN AWESOME NSV!!! that is absolutely amazing!!

NSV for today was walking into my dads house and taking my coat off and my sister said, holy cow you look great! I think i need to try that diet! Then, today I was folding clothes earlier and my wedding ring and band SLIPPED right off my finger. I've realized them becoming looser and looser as the weeks have passed, but it literally is just starting to fall right off! I am feeling great, probably the best i've ever felt in my life. I am so thankful for this diet and these boards!!

Beanie Mommy
01-21-2012, 08:49 PM
For all of you who still get hungry between meals... There is a fantastic herbal tea out there that helps me get through those moments when there are cookies around the office calling my name. It's Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut by Yogi (that's the brand). With a touch of Splenda it is very satisfying - sweet and spicy! I got it at my grocery store in the organic section, but Target also carries that brand. They have a lot of great flavors, but that one is my favorite. No caffeine no carbs, too :)

Stay strong, everyone! And thanks for all your great posts!

Wuv, that was just awesome that the guy didn't even recognize you! What a thrill!

Momto2cs
01-21-2012, 08:52 PM
For all of you who still get hungry between meals... There is a fantastic herbal tea out there that helps me get through those moments when there are cookies around the office calling my name. It's Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut by Yogi (that's the brand). With a touch of Splenda it is very satisfying - sweet and spicy! I got it at my grocery store in the organic section, but Target also carries that brand. They have a lot of great flavors, but that one is my favorite. No caffeine no carbs, too :)

Stay strong, everyone! And thanks for all your great posts!

Wuv, that was just awesome that the guy didn't even recognize you! What a thrill!

Try mixing it with butterscotch pudding and heating. Unbelievably delicious!

Pamelama
01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Dinner: "Honey" Mustard Salmon baked in foil packet & baked Kale chips, sparkling water & MIO.

(Make honey mustard glaze with mustard & WF maple syrup). So good! :)

Beanie Mommy
01-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Try mixing it with butterscotch pudding and heating. Unbelievably delicious!

That sounds delicious! I will totally give that a try. Thanks! :)

DrLaDivaD
01-21-2012, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=Once you go fully into ketosis (if you started Wednesday, probably tomorrow or so) the hunger will be so much less. I hardly have any hunger between meals that a few pickle chips or cucumber slices or a cup of hot tea can't alleviate. Good for you for doing something like this for yourself!! ]

Thank you so much for responding! I just made the most delicious stir-fry (looked up archived recipes) and am so encouraged - and felt less ravenous and fatigued today, so it's only up (in spirits) from this point (hopefully down in weight :)

mompattie
01-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Good evening everyone!

I had an awesome Saturday! My kids let me sleep in until 10 am!!! I woke up with a RTD and a coffee (and the Saturday paper!). We had a family birthday party this afternoon for my youngest son, complete with ice cream cake! I served everyone a slice until it was GONE, and had a nice IP hot chocolate for myself! Didn't even WANT any cake, it looked lovely and all, but I wasn't even tempted! And noone asked why I wasn't having any! soooo awesome!

For dinner I made a lovely broiled salmon, steamed broccoli, lettuce salad, and rice for the carb lovers. It was a wonderful day! I am having a bedtime tea and "treat" - a bar!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday tomorrow!!!

zzsmom
01-21-2012, 09:39 PM

"Trust the program". That is something I have seen written on these boards often and that is what I continue to tell myself. It is always written by those that have been SO successful on this program. Some weeks may show more on the scale than others, but just "trust the program". Good luck and make good use of these boards. They are informative, motivating, and so inspirational!

DrLaDivaD
01-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't think you're babbling. You're voicing many thoughts that people have when they begin the program. Read, read, read. :) It is SO important, maybe for the first time, to do something for yourself. About limited choices -- I'm allergic to soy so my choices were VERY limited. But it was STILL worth it. Please stop being "scared". Stress is one of the worst enemies of weight loss. Please remember that, OK. It's a really important point. The cravings WILL go away. If you're hungry between meals, have something liquid. And very best of luck as you move through Phase 4.

Thank you so much! I drank so much hot herbal tea today - but it really helped, and I feel great :dizzy: I am so much less intimidated than I was this morning - just reading and reading everyone's posts... and am determined to stick with it!

JULIGAL21
01-21-2012, 10:05 PM

So glad you decided to stick with it! I have been there, and gave up for a few months until I found my motivation again. Now I'm totally on board again but kicking myself for the time wasted. I should have been at my goal weight MONTHS ago! I should have been skinny and gorgeous at my Christmas party this year! Instead I feel like I'm back at square one. Oh well, this time I am a little wiser and a lot more determined. And I realized something that helped me feel less depressed and guilty and worthless:

It took me a few tries to quit smoking, which is HIGHLY addictive - but after 13 years, I did it.

I have only been overweight and eating badly for 3 years. It may take me a few tries to fix that too - but I will do it. :)

TBird
01-21-2012, 10:07 PM
I had Big Mac in a Bowl for the first time.......YUMMY!!!!

canadiancandy
01-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Just wanted to say Hi to yall and wish everyone a great OP weekend :)

had my 5th WI yesterday, down 5lbs!! i am seriously flabbergasted by the results of this protocol!! 33lbs in 5wks, doesn't even seem possible. Keep waiting to wake up lolzz

Marcella
01-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Morning, I have tried the soy patty and did not like it. It definitley needs something to spice it up. Good thing I only bought one packet. Good luck :)
Omg I absolutely love the soy patty and all I do is grill it!!!!! Soooooo good!

mtnsun4
01-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Welcome! I am in the same boat as you- first thing I have done in a long time as well! I just started IP a week ago....I have been feeling pretty good! We can all do this together!:smug:

mtnsun4
01-21-2012, 10:46 PM

That is so cool! What a great feeling!!:carrot:

AK907
01-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Currently on my 3rd week. Last weigh in was on Friday and I only lost 2 pounds which is unfortunate since I lost 7 the first week. I know a lot of it was water weight but still I feel like I could have done better. I sat down when I got home and planned out all my meals and what I'd be eating when so I am hoping that organization gives me the benefit.

I still feel like the fact I'm doing a lot of physical activity might be messing up my diet. I was told to not do physical activity but I am a Massage Therapist and very few people want massages that are light. Since giving massage is actually considered "strenuous" activity (which it is because of the physical strength and endurance involved.) I have a feeling that it might be affecting the "no exercise" rule. I don't really know what to do since I can't just stop working...especially to afford this diet.

Marcella
01-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I went for my WI yesterday and lost two more lbs and four inches off my hips. So in two weeks I'm down 8 lbs 22"! I have not put a crumb in my mouth that should not be there LOL I'm good actually and it is getting easier without bread or a cookie once in a while in my life!

mrsmurphy
01-21-2012, 11:04 PM
So glad you decided to stick with it! I have been there, and gave up for a few months until I found my motivation again. Now I'm totally on board again but kicking myself for the time wasted. I should have been at my goal weight MONTHS ago! I should have been skinny and gorgeous at my Christmas party this year! Instead I feel like I'm back at square one. Oh well, this time I am a little wiser and a lot more determined. And I realized something that helped me feel less depressed and guilty and worthless:

It took me a few tries to quit smoking, which is HIGHLY addictive - but after 13 years, I did it.

I have only been overweight and eating badly for 3 years. It may take me a few tries to fix that too - but I will do it. :)

I am a smoker, and it has increased since I started this diet. I used to only smoke about 3 or 4 cigarettes a day. I am up to like 7 or 8 a day now. :(

PeggyG
01-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Started IP on Jan. 4th and I'm please to report that I am still completely on program. I know that is only about 2 1/2 wks, but for me amazing that I have not been tempted to cheat. A friend was over this evening who knew I was doing "something", but didn't know which diet. We somewhat compared notes, she has been working out several times a wk for the past couple of months at Gold's Gym AND dieting and has only lost 17 pounds but clothing size hasn't changed a bit. I on the other hand have lost a total of right at 10 pounds and have already gone down a clothes size. Needless to say I'm a happy camper!

Quick question. I've been signed up long enough that I can have a weight tracker. But wondering if I am missing something. Do I have to create it each time I post, then cut and paste it to each post? (Can you tell I've never really posted on a message board before...lol) Or is there a way to save it and have it appear with each of my posts? You know I used to consider myself really computer literate, but I think those days are long gone.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/0/23.75/9.75/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

wuv2bloved
01-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Currently on my 3rd week. Last weigh in was on Friday and I only lost 2 pounds which is unfortunate since I lost 7 the first week. I know a lot of it was water weight but still I feel like I could have done better. I sat down when I got home and planned out all my meals and what I'd be eating when so I am hoping that organization gives me the benefit.

I still feel like the fact I'm doing a lot of physical activity might be messing up my diet. I was told to not do physical activity but I am a Massage Therapist and very few people want massages that are light. Since giving massage is actually considered "strenuous" activity (which it is because of the physical strength and endurance involved.) I have a feeling that it might be affecting the "no exercise" rule. I don't really know what to do since I can't just stop working...especially to afford this diet.
I would recommend adding a packet to your day somewhere during the day. Usually when you exercise you had 1/2 a packet before and the other 1/2 after the work out....this is only a suggestion if you are not losing. You are burning more than you are putting in your body and this is while its not coming off.

Started IP on Jan. 4th and I'm please to report that I am still completely on program. I know that is only about 2 1/2 wks, but for me amazing that I have not been tempted to cheat. A friend was over this evening who knew I was doing "something", but didn't know which diet. We somewhat compared notes, she has been working out several times a wk for the past couple of months at Gold's Gym AND dieting and has only lost 17 pounds but clothing size hasn't changed a bit. I on the other hand have lost a total of right at 10 pounds and have already gone down a clothes size. Needless to say I'm a happy camper!

Quick question. I've been signed up long enough that I can have a weight tracker. But wondering if I am missing something. Do I have to create it each time I post, then cut and paste it to each post? (Can you tell I've never really posted on a message board before...lol) Or is there a way to save it and have it appear with each of my posts? You know I used to consider myself really computer literate, but I think those days are long gone.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/0/23.75/9.75/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
If you have been here long enough then you should be able to go under the User CP tab and edit your signature, it will walk you through the steps to make a ticker :)...Wait, your ticker is there.....lol

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-21-2012, 11:29 PM

Welcome! I'm new to IP as well and also live in WA. I was really excited too to find this site and was worried about my doubts. It's gotten easier as I've stuck to the plan and away from cheats. Hopefully it will get easier for you too. Good luck on your first WI and remember you can eat salad as a freebie between meals.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi Pbj, I live in North King Co. I have some extra food if you need it, because I just came from my weigh in and my new week doesn't start until Monday. I'm out and about, so let me know if you would like to meet somewhere.

That is really awesome of you volunteer your help. Wish I'd seen this sooner but we haven't had power for the laptop to recharge so I stayed off as much as possible. Thank you for your offer but for now I've got alternatives and now that we have power back I'm hoping the doctor's office will too. Did you lose power?

PeggyG
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM
If you have been here long enough then you should be able to go under the User CP tab and edit your signature, it will walk you through the steps to make a ticker :)...Wait, your ticker is there.....lol

It is there because I cut and pasted it to the post. But I don't see anyway of saving it. That would be a pain to have to create it for every post. Again, maybe I haven't been signed up long enough for it to work. ??

THISTIME4ME
01-21-2012, 11:43 PM
That is really awesome of you volunteer your help. Wish I'd seen this sooner but we haven't had power for the laptop to recharge so I stayed off as much as possible. Thank you for your offer but for now I've got alternatives and now that we have power back I'm hoping the doctor's office will too. Did you lose power?

Yes, we lost it 3 times during the week, for about an hour and a half each time. One time I was in the middle of cooking dinner and had to transfer it to the woodstove. In the 1993 storm, we were out for 5 days and in 2006, we were out for 8, so I think we caught a break this time.

Just let me know if you need anything. I'll be running around tomorrow also (cabin fever :) ), how far down south are you? You can PM me, if you want.

Glad you have power. Stay strong.
Heidi

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 12:17 AM
It is there because I cut and pasted it to the post. But I don't see anyway of saving it. That would be a pain to have to create it for every post. Again, maybe I haven't been signed up long enough for it to work. ??

you may not have been a member long enough yet....but you shouldn't have to do it each time

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 12:29 AM

you may not have been a member long enough yet....but you shouldn't have to do it each time

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
I have a couple of different things to chat about today! Some of them have to deal with weight loss in one way or the other . . . some may not; I'm not too sure because I"m just spilling all of this out xD

FIRST THINGS FIRST. I am considering doing an overhaul with work to help my mom with bills. She said it's not my responsibility, but if I can do extra work, especially while still in recovery, I can help us not lose our car. We're also in danger of losing our furniture, having our timeshare foreclosed, and being brought to court for medical bills. Oh and my mom has 80k in school loans she must start to pay on this month. She makes 3,900 a month and needs to pay OUT 3,500 a month to take care of bills (this does not include food expenses for 7 people; it also does not include what she would need to pay to catch up on backed up bills or emergencies). As of right now she is behind two months on the car, and the car needs 1200 spent for car parts because there is something wrong with the engine. She has already spent 1000 dollars this month fixing car problems. She is stressed because she's worried about the car breaking down or it being repossessed. She is also worried that she'll have to file bankruptcy, and won't be able to get another car or move anywhere for ten years. My dad can't work because we don't have another car, so that would be bad. Anyway, I'm rambling, but the point is that even if it is not my responsibility, I feel a duty to do as much as I can to help catch up on things to prevent further stress.

SECOND MATTER.

I found, as I was looking through a photo album of this past year's Zombie Walk, a picture of myself whilst lurching around downtown. This is the photo (http://i42.tinypic.com/jkj91z.jpg). I am so embarrassed that this was published on a website because I looked horrible ): I'm a bit thinner now, but I wish there hadn't been photographers around every corner as people lurched about. I still had fun . . . I dunno, I guess in retrospect it will make a good before photo? Maybe I'm just being super hard on myself today, on top of not feeling well.

And lastly . . . I created a forum a while back asking if anyone wanted an excel file I was making to keep track of measurements and such, and I wanted to let everyone know I will be updating that thread in a few hours with download links because I'm nearly done making those.

Sorry for ranting :(

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Happy Saturday, everyone! Looks like some of us are lucky enough to be thawing out. We even have sunshine here which is a treat :)

For all of those who are struggling, I feel your pain! There have been sooooooo many times when dieting only reinforced my feelings of failure. But, I realize now that it wasn't necessarily the diet, it was my mental state. For me personally, I have to be ultra committed mentally and emotionally for ANY sort of diet to work at all.

The great benefit of IP is that we see results relatively quickly compared to many plans. Also, I think being off the sugar/carbs greatly reduces cravings...and makes them manageable.

I still get hungry. I still look at food longingly. I still have moments where I get discouraged...But what keeps me going is my commitment to IP and to becoming a happier, healthier version of me.

I am nearing the end of my fourth week on IP. I can't tell you how much reading all your posts encourages me. I can't explain how feeling in control of food feels so liberating...but I am guessing most of you understand :)

I am trying to be patient with myself and with my body. There is no way this program is not going to work for me if I follow it correctly...I just have to be committed and be patient enough to LET it work :)

Keep on keepin' on IPeeps...this IS doable and most of you on here ARE the proof that it does work!!!!!

Have a great weekend and be proud of your efforts! Alicia

Well said! I feel the same.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-22-2012, 01:08 AM

Great job! Congrats on staying OP. There are a lot of experienced people here but a lot of us are struggling newbies too. We're here with ya and cheering you on!

Shemsham
01-22-2012, 01:14 AM
15 days and still going strong, tried the pancake today out of the cereal but I found I'm not a fan of nutmeg :-/ next time I'll skip the nutmeg and maybe increase the vanilla

- Tammy

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Yes, we lost it 3 times during the week, for about an hour and a half each time. One time I was in the middle of cooking dinner and had to transfer it to the woodstove. In the 1993 storm, we were out for 5 days and in 2006, we were out for 8, so I think we caught a break this time.

Just let me know if you need anything. I'll be running around tomorrow also (cabin fever :) ), how far down south are you? You can PM me, if you want.

Glad you have power. Stay strong.
Heidi

I tried to PM but it said I didn't have privileges. Perhaps because I haven't been here long enough yet? I dunno. I live in Auburn. What city are you in?

newmom7611
01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Hey Tammy-- sorry the pancake didn't work out as well for you. It's one of my favorites!!! I just wanted to suggest watching the vanilla :/ extracts have sugar alcohols and may affect the diet. I know everyone is different, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. Maybe you could get a sugar free vanilla syrup instead?? Or look into the WF syrup?

I was feeling a bit discouraged today-- shame on me. I know I shouldn't jump on the scale everyday, but I almost can't even help it. Anyway, the past two weeks have been a little disappointing for me. I'm still technically losing, but at a MUCH slower rate than what I was in previous weeks. 2 weeks ago was TOM, so I was expecting a small loss (if any). I figured I'd have a whoosh last week but I was only (sorry Wuv) 1.8 lbs. Now I'm fluctuating a bit. I feel like I'm going to be in the 150s for a very long time. I haven't been in the 140s in a really long time... Maybe 6 years?? So maybe it's just my body opposing?! I've tried alot of new recipes the past 2 weeks that I ADORE, but I wonder if those are to blame. (adding an egg white or two into recipes-- or baking powder? ) I'm not sure what it is, but I may switch back to the strict IP lifestyle I was doing before this "stall." I will wait till next weigh in to see if I catch up. I hope I don't have to stop making my "brownie" or "pancakes" I Lovvve them!! Sorry for the rant.. Just a little bummed.

I just read a bunch of the posts and I'm glad you all are here. I'm gonna keep on keeping on. Not giving up. Thanks everyone for the support and info :)

lingereverywhere
01-22-2012, 02:47 AM

Backdrop -- I didn't catch a rant there! It does sound like you're going through a really hard time right now though and I'm so sorry to hear it. Not only have you gotten sick right when you were embarking on a brand new lifestyle, but the financial issues too -- I know from personal, current experience that they're crazy stressful and I hope you can find a way to help out and still hang on to the progress you've already made. I do have to say, though... I think you *are* being too hard on yourself about the picture. I read your post and looked at the picture, but even with your prompting I don't see "horrible" anywhere (well, the blood splatters would be the closest to it, but I know they're fake and that "lurch" must have been so much fun!). I know we're hardest on ourselves though -- so just for that I'll say I can't wait till you start getting pictures of yourself that make you happy and proud. I'm sure looking forward to that for myself too (I'm currently allergic to cameras).

Mostly I just wanted to say hang on, there is always a way to do everything that truly matters, even if it seems impossible on paper/at first glance, and I and a slew of others here are cheering for you!

Also -- I'm one of the lurkers looking forward to that spreadsheet :)

NewSexyMe
01-22-2012, 04:05 AM
This sweet/sugary taste in my mouth is starting to annoy me!! It's like an artificial sugar taste. It's so bad I cant sleep. I also have a bad headache and dizzy...I've been back OP FOR 20 DAYS now, I can't believe Ketosis just kicked in....hope this goes away soon!

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 06:01 AM
I have a couple of different things to chat about today! Some of them have to deal with weight loss in one way or the other . . . some may not; I'm not too sure because I"m just spilling all of this out xD

FIRST THINGS FIRST. I am considering doing an overhaul with work to help my mom with bills. She said it's not my responsibility, but if I can do extra work, especially while still in recovery, I can help us not lose our car. We're also in danger of losing our furniture, having our timeshare foreclosed, and being brought to court for medical bills. Oh and my mom has 80k in school loans she must start to pay on this month. She makes 3,900 a month and needs to pay OUT 3,500 a month to take care of bills (this does not include food expenses for 7 people; it also does not include what she would need to pay to catch up on backed up bills or emergencies). As of right now she is behind two months on the car, and the car needs 1200 spent for car parts because there is something wrong with the engine. She has already spent 1000 dollars this month fixing car problems. She is stressed because she's worried about the car breaking down or it being repossessed. She is also worried that she'll have to file bankruptcy, and won't be able to get another car or move anywhere for ten years. My dad can't work because we don't have another car, so that would be bad. Anyway, I'm rambling, but the point is that even if it is not my responsibility, I feel a duty to do as much as I can to help catch up on things to prevent further stress.

SECOND MATTER.

I found, as I was looking through a photo album of this past year's Zombie Walk, a picture of myself whilst lurching around downtown. This is the photo (http://i42.tinypic.com/jkj91z.jpg). I am so embarrassed that this was published on a website because I looked horrible ): I'm a bit thinner now, but I wish there hadn't been photographers around every corner as people lurched about. I still had fun . . . I dunno, I guess in retrospect it will make a good before photo? Maybe I'm just being super hard on myself today, on top of not feeling well.

And lastly . . . I created a forum a while back asking if anyone wanted an excel file I was making to keep track of measurements and such, and I wanted to let everyone know I will be updating that thread in a few hours with download links because I'm nearly done making those.

I'm sorry that you guys are having such a rough time :hug:. I think it's very nice of you to want to help your Mom in any way that you can, that's very mature of you. Also, could your Dad not do a work from home job? There's tons of them out there :).

Hope things get better for you soon!

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I had to weigh-in today because of the biggest loser challenge i'm in & I forgot last week and I weighed in at 249! I'M OUT OF THE 250'S YOU GUYS! I'M CLOSER TO 200 THAN 300! I feel incredible!

IP protein is hands down the best thing everrrr.

So I think I'm just going to change my weigh in day to Sunday until the BL challenge is over so I don't forget :)
I knew there was a reason why I was on Sunday to begin with lol

ALSO! I got to add another jumping :yay: to my signature & got to change my ticker! WOOO HOO!

Chuckles1330
01-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Good Sunday Morning, Everyone! Glad to see the victories posted here and I hurt for those who are hurting. Yesterday was a busy day, but very good. WI#1 - -12lbs! :) Apparently I tied the clinic record for women. I know I won't have loss like that every WI (as a matter of fact, I think most of it is due to the sweats I had while going into ketosis), but seeing the results makes it easier to stay on plan. Also made it thru Nana's 90th B'day party without giving in to any temptation, including the birthday triffle. That is an even more important victory for me, as it tells me my head is in the right place to be doing this right now.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and is able to count their blessings longer than their troubles.

northernfawn
01-22-2012, 09:28 AM
I had to weigh-in today because of the biggest loser challenge i'm in & I forgot last week and I weighed in at 249! I'M OUT OF THE 250'S YOU GUYS! I'M CLOSER TO 200 THAN 300! I feel incredible!

IP protein is hands down the best thing everrrr.

So I think I'm just going to change my weigh in day to Sunday until the BL challenge is over so I don't forget :)
I knew there was a reason why I was on Sunday to begin with lol

ALSO! I got to add another jumping :yay: to my signature & got to change my ticker! WOOO HOO!

:carrot:Woo-Hoo:carrot: that's so exciting! well done

northernfawn
01-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Good Sunday Morning, Everyone! Glad to see the victories posted here and I hurt for those who are hurting. Yesterday was a busy day, but very good. WI#1 - -12lbs! :) Apparently I tied the clinic record for women. I know I won't have loss like that every WI (as a matter of fact, I think most of it is due to the sweats I had while going into ketosis), but seeing the results makes it easier to stay on plan. Also made it thru Nana's 90th B'day party without giving in to any temptation, including the birthday triffle. That is an even more important victory for me, as it tells me my head is in the right place to be doing this right now.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and is able to count their blessings longer than their troubles.

Well Done on the 12lb loss and for not caving at Nana's birthday! AWESOME:carrot:

northernfawn
01-22-2012, 09:46 AM
On day 9 and feeling great. I'm looking forward to my first official weigh-in tomorrow,I had a sneak onto my own scale on Friday and was down 5lbs, so I'm hoping for at least that on their scales, more would be a bonus :) After this week I plan to change clinic locations. I've discovered that not all clinics charge the same price for the food, and not all clinics allow you to buy individual packets, and mine makes you place an order several days ahead of time. I phoned several places last week (after placing my food order) and have found somewhere a lot more reasonable that I can drop in to for extra protein packs if I need to and the savings in food will cover the cost of the supplements :)

I'm finding this program so easy to follow and am still surprised at how much (animal) protein we can have for the evening meal. I feel great and have no cravings! I like most of the food, did not like the soy patty, even with spices added and I don't like the plain omelette, but on the whole everything else that I've tried is very tasty.

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 10:03 AM

Thanks! :D

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Thanks! :D

wyo1963
01-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone! Little snow on the ground here, just a skiff. Having friends over for football today. Making food for the guys and IP food for us two girls. My friend is starting IP today and I have been in it for two weeks. I am doing it on my own and doing pretty well, I think. Got into some pants I haven't worn for 2 years! I have found ultra B12 sublingual liquid is amazing for energy. I take it two times a day and wooohooo!:carrot: I can certainly tell when I don't. AM and early afternoon. I will start my friend on this wonderful sight today,I am sure it will help her as well. Here is to feeling better and looking great!

wyo1963
01-22-2012, 10:38 AM

Way to go Chuckles! Man, yesterday I went to the grocery store with Fiance' and nearly died looking at the carbs everywhere. I told him to hold my hand or I would be in the donut isle on the floor eating donut holes by the box full! :devil: Been a little hungry lately. I wasn't this hungry last week on IP. ?

QHLover
01-22-2012, 10:46 AM

Dr Tien recommends staying away from social events in whick food is involved until you reach goal. If you know these dinners are a problem for you I would really suggest following his advice. I have passed on many "dinner" invites which seems sad but trying to look at the big picture and the final goal. This diet is like being in recovery, would an alcoholic go to a bar during their first few weeks in recovery? Be kind to yourself and don`t put yourself in the path of temptation.

JoLoMN
01-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi JoLoMN,

I saw this in your signature.

Exercise Goal Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred: Level 1 for 10 days...

Can I ask what this is and how you like it? I know I will be smaller one day but I don't want to be jello-y anymore. I also know I can't exercise much now but I am looking for things to do in the future. I also think I might like Zumba. Just walking a little now.

Also, I loved reading about your maintenance. It's so helpful. Also interesting to know that you can go back to phases 2 or 3 if you so choose. Congratulations on being in maintenance.

Hi PurpleSky, (love the imagery of your name)

Thanks!

I've never in my life been an athlete, so I struggle with my mindset or fear of exercise - I suppose since I'm uninformed of what my body is actually capable of doing. We had four children in a five-year span of time, and I've been overweight and obese since then.... Gaining lbs with each pregnancy.... Except for a time where I lost with WW. Exercise for me consisted of walking, and I enjoyed it if I did it with friends, but I never really pushed myself. I found when I walked on a treadmill I got shin splints. My journey is a bit different than yours, as I've lost 90+ lbs in all.

I know WW works extremely well for many, but for me it didn't teach me how to maintain, so I was excited when I found IP that it had four phases. I began walking in the first few weeks while on the plan. I committed every lunch hour to me (to walk), and before I knew it, had progressed from walking two miles to walking four miles per hour.... And no shin splints! (losing 40+ lbs by that time sure helped!). I walk at the local Y, and each lunch hour I'd watch friends take a butts and guts class and wonder if I could ever work my way up to that.

I tried a Zumba class this past fall when I was down over 70 lbs and had the time of my life! It totally felt like more fun and dancing than exercise, and you work up quite a sweat!

I was OP without cheats for over seven months and the losses really slowed down for me. I started jogging.... (i added a 4th packet) Actually, I would jog a lap, walk a lap, repeat... for the four miles. I was so proud as it was the first time in my life where I felt like my body wasn't working against me when I ran. I also met with a trainer to learn a bit more about the weight lifting equipment.

I wound up phasing off ten stubborn pounds shy of my goal (a BMI of 25 ; 26 is so close!).

My wonderful coach sat me down as I was transitioning to maintenance and directed me to hit the weight room! Building muscle would help my metabolism as well as firm things up.

Fear kicked in again and I was looking for something I could do at home in the morning, so I could avoid getting all sweaty midday. Itsabouttime was chatting about the DVD so she inspired me to give it a try. You simply need hand weights and a yoga mat. Suddenly I found my self doing push ups and amazed at how much using three pound weights can ache! "it hurt to drive" became quite the giggle with my coworkers. In level two I find myself doing planks, squats and lunges and new places ached, and "it hurts to type" is the new giggle. Looking forward to learning what aches in level three!

Jennydoodle exercised throughout her journey and reviewing her posts will be very inspiring.

Exercise as much as what feels good to you (adding protein as needed) and get out there and find out what you enjoy! Don't let fear hold you back. You got this! :hug: Jo.

mompattie
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Wonderful post JoLoMN!!!! inspiring!!!! Thank you!!!!

gsterlingdiva02
01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Hello Ladies!

I have been on and off the diet since the end of October 2011. My first three weeks on the diet were great, but now I am finding it hard to be so discipline. What suggestions do you all have to offer? Because I know the diet works.
GG

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Hello Ladies!

I have been on and off the diet since the end of October 2011. My first three weeks on the diet were great, but now I am finding it hard to be so discipline. What suggestions do you all have to offer? Because I know the diet works.
GG

My tips even though I'm only on 2 weeks as of tomorrow.

01. Avoid any & all temptation if at all possible.
02. Don't beat yourself up!!
03. Keep yourself surrounded by as much support as possible!
04. Look around the recipe forums for awesome ideas!
05. Know that we're ALWAYS here for you!!
06. Most important: Only YOU can make YOU stick to it!

:hug::hug:

JoLoMN
01-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Hello Ladies!

GG

Gsterling,

Others will have additional awesome suggestions, here's mine:

1. Read posts on this site daily. I find inspiration here every time I catch up on posts.
2. Make a list of all the reasons you are doing this and post a copy at home and keep one with you. Read the list on tough days. Reflect on how far you have come and give yorself a hug! If suggestions 1 and 2 do not help you, see number 3.
3. Make a list of what you commit to doing before you cheat. The list may include drinking water, having tea, calling a supporter who will try to talk you off the ledge, having an extra packet (better than OP), etc.

You will find what works best for you. You have already shown that you love yourself by starting a restrictive plan, you will continue to demonstrate that you are willing to put yourself first by having a plan in place for harder days and following the plan. You got this! :hug:

salmongirl
01-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Good Morning! It is sunday and day 10 for me. I realized this morning as I stepped on my scale that I have to STOP doing this every morning! It has been going down (which is good) but I think I am being obsessive. It can't be good to sit around and wait to loose weight! My official first weigh in is Tuesday so no more scale until then. I have a long way to go!

Have a great day be inspired!

salmongirl
01-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I went for my WI yesterday and lost two more lbs and four inches off my hips. So in two weeks I'm down 8 lbs 22"! I have not put a crumb in my mouth that should not be there LOL I'm good actually and it is getting easier without bread or a cookie once in a while in my life!

Good job!

JoLoMN
01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks mompattie! :hug:

Momto2cs
01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Good Morning! It is sunday and day 10 for me. I realized this morning as I stepped on my scale that I have to STOP doing this every morning! It has been going down (which is good) but I think I am being obsessive. It can't be good to sit around and wait to lose weight! My official first weigh in is Tuesday so no more scale until then. I have a long way to go!

Have a great day be inspired!

My advice is to stop. There will be a day where for no apparent reason the scale will turn on you and show an up. This can be enough to derail a person!

Bask in your good weigh ins and stay off the scale at home!

patns
01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Dr Tien recommends staying away from social events in whick food is involved until you reach goal. If you know these dinners are a problem for you I would really suggest following his advice. I have passed on many "dinner" invites which seems sad but trying to look at the big picture and the final goal. This diet is like being in recovery, would an alcoholic go to a bar during their first few weeks in recovery? Be kind to yourself and don`t put yourself in the path of temptation.

This is very good advice.
I think many people may have the same problem as I have in the work place. It seems that over the years they have increased the number of meetings that go into times that used to be free time for lunch etc and they bring in lunch or supper and also stuff for break time. At my job they do this so no one leaves the building and they don't have people straggling in late after each break in the long meetings. The meals and snacks they prvide are total carb fests.
So I have taken the mind set that this is work time , not party time and bring my own food- just what I would eat any other day. I don't go near the spread they set out and have the extra bonus of not having to stand in the long lines. I have also discovered that the food looks much more tempting when displayed on the serving table than when put on everyones' individual plates so I am not tempted at all when sitting with my co-workers who are eating what is provided.

What is puzzling to me is why everyone doesn't weigh 500 pounds. Many people must be quite physically active.

Pat

purple sky
01-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi PurpleSky, (love the imagery of your name)

Thanks!

I've never in my life been an athlete, so I struggle with my mindset or fear of exercise - I suppose since I'm uninformed of what my body is actually capable of doing. We had four children in a five-year span of time, and I've been overweight and obese since then.... Gaining lbs with each pregnancy.... Except for a time where I lost with WW. Exercise for me consisted of walking, and I enjoyed it if I did it with friends, but I never really pushed myself. I found when I walked on a treadmill I got shin splints. My journey is a bit different than yours, as I've lost 90+ lbs in all.

I know WW works extremely well for many, but for me it didn't teach me how to maintain, so I was excited when I found IP that it had four phases. I began walking in the first few weeks while on the plan. I committed every lunch hour to me (to walk), and before I knew it, had progressed from walking two miles to walking four miles per hour.... And no shin splints! (losing 40+ lbs by that time sure helped!). I walk at the local Y, and each lunch hour I'd watch friends take a butts and guts class and wonder if I could ever work my way up to that.

I tried a Zumba class this past fall when I was down over 70 lbs and had the time of my life! It totally felt like more fun and dancing than exercise, and you work up quite a sweat!

I was OP without cheats for over seven months and the losses really slowed down for me. I started jogging.... (i added a 4th packet) Actually, I would jog a lap, walk a lap, repeat... for the four miles. I was so proud as it was the first time in my life where I felt like my body wasn't working against me when I ran. I also met with a trainer to learn a bit more about the weight lifting equipment.

I wound up phasing off ten stubborn pounds shy of my goal (a BMI of 25 ; 26 is so close!).

My wonderful coach sat me down as I was transitioning to maintenance and directed me to hit the weight room! Building muscle would help my metabolism as well as firm things up.

Fear kicked in again and I was looking for something I could do at home in the morning, so I could avoid getting all sweaty midday. Itsabouttime was chatting about the DVD so she inspired me to give it a try. You simply need hand weights and a yoga mat. Suddenly I found my self doing push ups and amazed at how much using three pound weights can ache! "it hurt to drive" became quite the giggle with my coworkers. In level two I find myself doing planks, squats and lunges and new places ached, and "it hurts to type" is the new giggle. Looking forward to learning what aches in level three!

Jennydoodle exercised throughout her journey and reviewing her posts will be very inspiring.

Exercise as much as what feels good to you (adding protein as needed) and get out there and find out what you enjoy! Don't let fear hold you back. You got this! :hug: Jo.

Thank you, JoLoMN I love this whole post. So inspirational. You are a true IP success.

The rest of this turned into a Sunday Morning rant.

gsterlingdiva02
01-22-2012, 12:43 PM

Thank you so much!

Gg

gsterlingdiva02
01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Gsterling,

Others will have additional awesome suggestions, here's mine:

1. Read posts on this site daily. I find inspiration here every time I catch up on posts.
2. Make a list of all the reasons you are doing this and post a copy at home and keep one with you. Read the list on tough days. Reflect on how far you have come and give yorself a hug! If suggestions 1 and 2 do not help you, see number 3.
3. Make a list of what you commit to doing before you cheat. The list may include drinking water, having tea, calling a supporter who will try to talk you off the ledge, having an extra packet (better than OP), etc.

You will find what works best for you. You have already shown that you love yourself by starting a restrictive plan, you will continue to demonstrate that you are willing to put yourself first by having a plan in place for harder days and following the plan. You got this! :hug:
That's a great idea to type of a list and place it in placed to remind myself of "why"......

Thank you for the support.

purple sky
01-22-2012, 12:53 PM
This "diet" is not just about weight loss, it's about lifestyle change and your story proves that. A few days into this diet I realized that this was more or less how I would be eating in my future. Over these few short weeks my tastes and cravings for foods that poofed me out greately dimiished. But figuring out how I might transition back into "normal" life kinda stumped me. It's not something I need to think about now so I was not actively doing it. But, for the first time in my life I actually feel like exercising. I feel like moving. I want to do something. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was always telling me "well why don't you just exercise?" I can't tell you how hard that is when you don't have an ounce of energy and you just don't feel quite right. People would take me for walks or walk me as if I was some kind of pet or something. They were convinced they knew what was best for me. But, I knew that if I could just get a smidge of energy back (which has happened over the years but never long enough to do something) I could start and that diet would improve, etc. etc. But, I just could not start and I could not get motivated. Not until IP. This program is the whole picture, the whole package and apprently that is what I needed. I needed the diet products and the protocol and the coach and the center nearby and this online forum and Dr. Tran's knowledge and experience and the years behind this. And more. Lifestyle changes don't occur from one single act or change, they have to be significant and large to be sustaining. I am a little suprised that I am writing this today and maybe I should wait till I am further along in the program. But, I chose this program specifically because it works. I came online and did my research and saw a lot of successes and very little failure and not too many horrible side effects. When you are dieting or making significant lifestyle changes you need support, you need encouragement and perhaps a sense of life at the end of the tunnel. Not criticism or doubt or other suggestions that are contrary to the protocol you are currently following. I can't tell you how many people suggested I do WW. It's not me. It really isn't. It doesn't talk to me but for some reason people needed to suggest it. And don't like my response. One diet does not fit all. It's so hard to commit to a diet or program, whatever it is, that when the few people you choose to share it with are discouraged and downright confusing (why send you in a different direction when you tell them what you want to do?).

Whoa, I am not sure where this is coming from this morning but I think I may still post this. People mean well and try to help it's just that they are not in your body. They are not in your head or heart and can't possibly know what to suggest to you for you. I love this site and fellow IPers, you make so much sense. As it has been stated before, this is not an easy diet but it is not a hard diet. I hope I never become someone who walks people.

But, more than that I hope I am not doing this to shut up those "walkers," "advisors" and "well-meaners." I hope I am not doing this to stop those initial looks of (oh my, you are so big) or those who watch what I eat.

I hope I am doing this because I am tired of being tired. And I just want to look and feel like me again regardless of what others think. Honestly, I have no idea where this Sunday Morning Rant is coming from today. Thoughts just pop into my head sometimes and nest.

WingnutandMe
01-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi,

This is my first post here. I have been on IP now for a week and have my first WI tomorrow after work. I have spent all weekend reading this forum and have learned so much. I have compiled a 33 page recipe Word document after going through all the recipes (2 archives and 1 active).

I am not really a social person and in the past, group meetings at WW just intimidated me, but I think this forum situation will work much better as support. I appreciate reading all that everyone has to share.

I have been overweight all my life and have tried a "gazillion" diets, but am now at my highest weight ever. I have a very stressful job and am a stress eater and time at work is very hard. Also, being over 60, I have found losing weight gets harder and harder each day. I look forward to reading the posts and the encouragement you have to share and stay OP.

Thanks.

happy2bme1
01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
this is a very sensitive question so hope it's not out of line, but does anyone know of a good "mover" when things aren't moving along as they should. I am attempting to ask this question politely but I'm "backed up" and haven't moved for two days now. thanks for any help in this area.

Lorilou
01-22-2012, 01:31 PM
this is a very sensitive question so hope it's not out of line, but does anyone know of a good "mover" when things aren't moving along as they should. I am attempting to ask this question politely but I'm "backed up" and haven't moved for two days now. thanks for any help in this area.

I take 1500 mg of magnesium citrate when I'm backed up. Does the trick for me.

Lakewood
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM

Hi Happy! We call that The Big C. It's a problem for some on this program, myself included. UG! A Doc I know said to use sugar free Milk of Magnesia. It holds water in the gut and that will help move things a long. When I need it, I take it in the late afternoon after I am home for the night. Sometimes it works that night, sometimes the next morning. You MUST drink water after you take it. I drink at least 1 right after and then 3 more glasses the rest of the night.

I have also added fiber caps to my daily supps this past week and they seem to help as well. Good luck!

mrsmurphy
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi Happy! We call that The Big C. It's a problem for some on this program, myself included. UG! A Doc I know said to use sugar free Milk of Magnesia. It holds water in the gut and that will help move things a long. When I need it, I take it in the late afternoon after I am home for the night. Sometimes it works that night, sometimes the next morning. You MUST drink water after you take it. I drink at least 1 right after and then 3 more glasses the rest of the night.

I have also added fiber caps to my daily supps this past week and they seem to help as well. Good luck!

So, I have a question, since this conversation finally came up. I am having a problem with the big "D" not "C." DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS? i have seen multiple post about the "big C" but i'm not having that effect, I AM THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!

Jonis
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM

My coach gave me a bottle of "Floralax" capsules. They contain Psyllium husk (fibre), Aloe Vera juice and Prune. I take 2 per day at same time as am and pm supplements.

Jonis
01-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Have been OP for 14 days now. Was in the city and wanted to go out for supper, nice steak and salad. Went to four different places with 30-40 minute wait. Was so hungry so went to the restaurant next door. Chinese food. One of my biggest weaknesses. I had food not on the program but was very surprised that I didn't binge. I always overeat chinese food. After a modest plateful I was satisfied! So am thinking that experience as very motivating for me instead of getting all down about cheating.
Weighed in next day and am down 8.2 pounds since Jan 9 (14 days)

happy2bme1
01-22-2012, 02:02 PM
thanks so much to everyone who responded to my "Big C" question. will take the advise and hopefully things will start to flow again.

happy2bme1
01-22-2012, 02:03 PM
My coach gave me a bottle of "Floralax" capsules. They contain Psyllium husk (fibre), Aloe Vera juice and Prune. I take 2 per day at same time as am and pm supplements.

I picked up a bottle from my coach yesterday and when I got home I read the label. 700+ mg of carbs so I didn't take it. was I reading it wrong?:(

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 02:08 PM
FANTASTIC first WI, you have overcome the first week with and amazing loss....AND was successful at the birthday party. I do believe my friend your head is where it needs to be. Remember you are doing this for YOU so if YOU want it bad enough it will happen....Congrats again on that WI!!!

Good morning everyone! Little snow on the ground here, just a skiff. Having friends over for football today. Making food for the guys and IP food for us two girls. My friend is starting IP today and I have been in it for two weeks. I am doing it on my own and doing pretty well, I think. Got into some pants I haven't worn for 2 years! I have found ultra B12 sublingual liquid is amazing for energy. I take it two times a day and wooohooo!:carrot: I can certainly tell when I don't. AM and early afternoon. I will start my friend on this wonderful sight today,I am sure it will help her as well. Here is to feeling better and looking great!
It will be so nice to have someone to share your journey with. It will make it easier for the both of you, y'all can "share" your experiences with each other and help one another through it all. You will build a bond between the 2 of you which will become one you will have for life. Have fun :)

I understand what Dr Tien is saying about social events BUT this is something that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life. IF your head is into this program and you are committed to it then you should be able to over come the temptation. I know some are stronger than others but this is something only YOU can overcome. After all it is EACH and EVERYONE of us that make the choice to bring that food to our mouth. We put that food in our own hand, no one does it for us. Its a choice WE have to make and all of know the consequences that will follow if we make the wrong choice. This is a lifestyle change, your life shouldn't stop because of it. At least this is how I look at it. I have gone to several events with a liter bottle of water in tow, because I knew there would be nothing there for me to have. I didn't fell bad for doing so because I knew I felt AMAZING and would continue to do so. I knew I didn't want to feel "stuffed" like the rest of them were. Its all about what makes ME a better person and what I want out of life now....sorry for the long reply

Miranda knows first hand #5 and #6 first hand :)

I hope I am doing this because I am tired of being tired. And I just want to look and feel like me again regardless of what others think. Honestly, I have no idea where this Sunday Morning Rant is coming from today. Thoughts just pop into my head sometimes and nest.
Purple, I think you have just opened up a new chapter in your life and are able to discuss them now. You have stopped "hiding" and are able to express your feelings because you are feeling better about yourself (not judging you by no means) When you feel better about yourself and you feel comfortable around those going through the same things as you its easier to talk because you know they are going through the same things. You will realize you will become more open as you go along....Welcome to your NEW chapter :hug:

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have been on IP now for a week and have my first WI tomorrow after work. I have spent all weekend reading this forum and have learned so much. I have compiled a 33 page recipe Word document after going through all the recipes (2 archives and 1 active).

I am not really a social person and in the past, group meetings at WW just intimidated me, but I think this forum situation will work much better as support. I appreciate reading all that everyone has to share.

I have been overweight all my life and have tried a "gazillion" diets, but am now at my highest weight ever. I have a very stressful job and am a stress eater and time at work is very hard. Also, being over 60, I have found losing weight gets harder and harder each day. I look forward to reading the posts and the encouragement you have to share and stay OP.

Thanks.
Have you checked out FinnSteven's thread? he has a downloadable PDF file of recipes with pictures that he has compiled for us. He is amazing at cooking and experimenting then sharing it with us. Let me know if you can't find the thread and I'll get the link for you :)

I have read a few poster use "Mirlax" or something like that. Are you eating your lettuce? if you eat more "greens" it should help you go as well

happy2bme1
01-22-2012, 02:22 PM
I have read a few poster use "Mirlax" or something like that. Are you eating your lettuce? if you eat more "greens" it should help you go as well[/QUOTE]

haven't been eating a whole lot of lettuce but intend to increase that today. thanks so much for the reminder. :dizzy:

northernfawn
01-22-2012, 02:24 PM
This "diet" is not just about weight loss, it's about lifestyle change and your story proves that. A few days into this diet I realized that this was more or less how I would be eating in my future. Over these few short weeks my tastes and cravings for foods that poofed me out greately dimiished. But figuring out how I might transition back into "normal" life kinda stumped me. It's not something I need to think about now so I was not actively doing it. But, for the first time in my life I actually feel like exercising. I feel like moving. I want to do something. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was always telling me "well why don't you just exercise?" I can't tell you how hard that is when you don't have an ounce of energy and you just don't feel quite right. People would take me for walks or walk me as if I was some kind of pet or something. They were convinced they knew what was best for me. But, I knew that if I could just get a smidge of energy back (which has happened over the years but never long enough to do something) I could start and that diet would improve, etc. etc. But, I just could not start and I could not get motivated. Not until IP. This program is the whole picture, the whole package and apprently that is what I needed. I needed the diet products and the protocol and the coach and the center nearby and this online forum and Dr. Tran's knowledge and experience and the years behind this. And more. Lifestyle changes don't occur from one single act or change, they have to be significant and large to be sustaining. I am a little suprised that I am writing this today and maybe I should wait till I am further along in the program. But, I chose this program specifically because it works. I came online and did my research and saw a lot of successes and very little failure and not too many horrible side effects. When you are dieting or making significant lifestyle changes you need support, you need encouragement and perhaps a sense of life at the end of the tunnel. Not criticism or doubt or other suggestions that are contrary to the protocol you are currently following. I can't tell you how many people suggested I do WW. It's not me. It really isn't. It doesn't talk to me but for some reason people needed to suggest it. And don't like my response. One diet does not fit all. It's so hard to commit to a diet or program, whatever it is, that when the few people you choose to share it with are discouraged and downright confusing (why send you in a different direction when you tell them what you want to do?).

Whoa, I am not sure where this is coming from this morning but I think I may still post this. People mean well and try to help it's just that they are not in your body. They are not in your head or heart and can't possibly know what to suggest to you for you. I love this site and fellow IPers, you make so much sense. As it has been stated before, this is not an easy diet but it is not a hard diet. I hope I never become someone who walks people.

But, more than that I hope I am not doing this to shut up those "walkers," "advisors" and "well-meaners." I hope I am not doing this to stop those initial looks of (oh my, you are so big) or those who watch what I eat.

OMG... you could have written this about me!! I can so relate to absolutely everything you've said here. I really don't know why everyone always advocates WW. I can't say that I know anyone that has lost a lot of weight and actually kept it off, for the simple reason that you are not taught how to eat properly or to maintain the weight. I think WW have a very good business sense and know how to keep people coming back and PAYING over again for years (I was one of those people). Anyhow, thank you for sharing your thoughts...it was inspiring to hear someone else voice my thoughts...

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

Welcome! Good luck on your WI!

MaMaZu
01-22-2012, 02:37 PM
OMG... you could have written this about me!! I can so relate to absolutely everything you've said here. I really don't know why everyone always advocates WW. I can't say that I know anyone that has lost a lot of weight and actually kept it off, for the simple reason that you are not taught how to eat properly or to maintain the weight. I think WW have a very good business sense and know how to keep people coming back and PAYING over again for years (I was one of those people). Anyhow, thank you for sharing your thoughts...it was inspiring to hear someone else voice my thoughts...

I too have done WW's numerous times. Even with a weight loss, I still had to deal with huge carb cravings. This diet addresses that completely for those of us who have that struggle.
I know not everyone in my circle approves (hubby included), but I say Walk a mile in my shoes.
I am so grateful for this forum and support, being surrounded with those that "get it".

Lakewood
01-22-2012, 02:47 PM
So, I have a question, since this conversation finally came up. I am having a problem with the big "D" not "C." DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS? i have seen multiple post about the "big C" but i'm not having that effect, I AM THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!

MrsMurphy - (1st, I want to say I think you're just beautiful!) Yes, I did have the the Big D at the start. But it went away after the 1st week. I know you've been on the program for longer than a week, so maybe you should check with your doc. If it's very day, then please go in. You can lose vital minerals and electrolytes if it continues.

What kind of supps are you taking? Maybe we can ferret out your trouble if you post what you're taking. Also, if you're eating anything with Zylotol (sp) as a sweetener that may be causing trouble, too. Sorry for your troubles!

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I too have done WW's numerous times. Even with a weight loss, I still had to deal with huge carb cravings. This diet addresses that completely for those of us who have that struggle.
I know not everyone in my circle approves (hubby included), but I say Walk a mile in my shoes.
I am so grateful for this forum and support, being surrounded with those that "get it".

You are right about "walk a mile in my shoes" most have no clue as to what we go through everyday. We have enough struggles within ourselves to deal with much less what everyone else puts on through. YOU are going to be successful and THEN they will SEE what you are capable of :)

WingnutandMe
01-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks, wuv

I found the recipes you mentioned. That will help. I tend to be a picky eater, so I have to do a lot of searching to find things that will work for me.

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks, wuv

I found the recipes you mentioned. That will help. I tend to be a picky eater, so I have to do a lot of searching to find things that will work for me.

Well maybe there are some things you can take out or substitute with something you like....experiment :)

Jonis
01-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I picked up a bottle from my coach yesterday and when I got home I read the label. 700+ mg of carbs so I didn't take it. was I reading it wrong?:(

You must have a different kind. My bottle is Vachon brand. and name is Floralax. The ingredients are what I listed previously and non-medicinal are magnesium stearate and gelatine. That high carb rating seems incorrect and impossible really.

lindac36
01-22-2012, 03:05 PM
I had a NSV yesterday. I was out walking my dogs and ran into some friends I haven't seen since the holidays, and they noticed! I was so happy inside. That was the first time anyone had mentioned it.

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
I had a NSV yesterday. I was out walking my dogs and ran into some friends I haven't seen since the holidays, and they noticed! I was so happy inside. That was the first time anyone had mentioned it.

WOOHOO!!!!....what a great feeling!

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 03:15 PM
You guys! I have a NSV for you! 2 weeks ago [tomorrow] I wore a 26 in pants & today I put on 22! THAT HAVEN'T FIT FOR 2 YEARS!

SOOOO ecstatic today!

lindac36
01-22-2012, 03:17 PM

I think the second part of being a member for 20 days might be your hangup.

Survalia
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM

Me too, and it was not just the first week. It was at least a month before things settled down. I found that cutting back one of the Mag Cal tabs every once in a while helped, and I do not have a salad with every lunch and dinner. You might experiement a bit with those two things. Good luck!

GloverParker
01-22-2012, 04:13 PM

"mg" is milligrams and so 1/1000 of a gram - we generally refer to carbs in grams so 700+ mg is actually less than 1 gram of carbs.

purple sky
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Purple, I think you have just opened up a new chapter in your life and are able to discuss them now. You have stopped "hiding" and are able to express your feelings because you are feeling better about yourself (not judging you by no means) When you feel better about yourself and you feel comfortable around those going through the same things as you its easier to talk because you know they are going through the same things. You will realize you will become more open as you go along....Welcome to your NEW chapter :hug:

Wuv, I can't tell you what this means to me. You somehow found the most perfectest words to share with me at the right time. I think I needed the release. You are already a great coach and once it is formalized I think new IPers in your town will be very fortunate. Thank you. These words read like gold.

lindac36
01-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Where can I find the nutritional info on the white cheddar snacks? I didn't find it on the nutritional posts I have.

Ilana1
01-22-2012, 04:24 PM
I have been on IP for almost 4 weeks and am down 16 pounds. I have had a couple of been notice and say things....it feels so good! I pulled out a pair of "skinny" jeans from the last time I lost weight and those size 10s went right on. Woohoo! Wishing you all a fantastic week!

mrsmurphy
01-22-2012, 04:32 PM
LAKEWOOD - Thank you!

I am doing alternatives. But, I take cal-mag, omega, potassium. I used the supplement sheet and found pills equal to the IP program requirements. It's not everyday, maybe 3 out of the week. I notice its worse when I have anything with the apple cider vinegar with my meals throughout the day. Yes, I've been op for 3 weeks. I am eating A LOT of lettuce throughout the day, which always used to increase my flow before I started the diet. I assumed it was due to the increased about of lettuce, as well as, the mag-cal. I did tell my doctor I was doing IP alternatives and she was willing to see me monthly to ensure everything was moving smoothly. She is not a coach, she just agreed to see me monthly to help with any health concerns I had/have. So, I'm not totally doing it solo, I suppose. I guess it could be due to the drastic change in food intake, as before I was eating ALOT cheese, pizza, bread, etc. I am sure my system is in total shock, even now after 3 weeks.

Survalia - Yes, I am eating a lot of lettuce. I should probably cut back on the lettuce intake. Also, maybe I will try cutting back a mag-cal, after seeing the doc this week!

Thanks for the input, as usual, always helpful!

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Wuv, I can't tell you what this means to me. You somehow found the most perfectest words to share with me at the right time. I think I needed the release. You are already a great coach and once it is formalized I think new IPers in your town will be very fortunate. Thank you. These words read like gold.
Purple, When things "click" in our heads and we take the time to "Hear and Listen" to them it makes a world of different. And thank you :)

Where can I find the nutritional info on the white cheddar snacks? I didn't find it on the nutritional posts I have.
Carbs 160, protein 18gr, sugar 2gr, 1gr fiber, 750 gr sodium

I have been on IP for almost 4 weeks and am down 16 pounds. I have had a couple of been notice and say things....it feels so good! I pulled out a pair of "skinny" jeans from the last time I lost weight and those size 10s went right on. Woohoo! Wishing you all a fantastic week!
Awesome feeling!!...I put on a size 22 this morning myself and I was like **** YEA!....lol

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Linda, this is the sheet that I have, some of the newer items are NOT on it

mompattie
01-22-2012, 04:50 PM
You guys! I have a NSV for you! 2 weeks ago [tomorrow] I wore a 26 in pants & today I put on 22! THAT HAVEN'T FIT FOR 2 YEARS!

SOOOO ecstatic today!

That's is sooooooo freaking awesome!!!! What an amazing feeling!! Good for you!!!! :bravo::bravo::bravo::D

mompattie
01-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Awesome feeling!!...I put on a size 22 this morning myself and I was like **** YEA!....lol[/QUOTE]

Let's give Wuv a WHOOT WHOOT!!!! Way to go girl!!!!! You are amazing!!! I can't wait to put smaller jeans on too! :carrot:

Lakewood
01-22-2012, 04:54 PM
LAKEWOOD - Thank you!

I am doing alternatives. But, I take cal-mag, omega, potassium. I used the supplement sheet and found pills equal to the IP program requirements. It's not everyday, maybe 3 out of the week. I notice its worse when I have anything with the apple cider vinegar with my meals throughout the day. Yes, I've been op for 3 weeks. I am eating A LOT of lettuce throughout the day, which always used to increase my flow before I started the diet. I assumed it was due to the increased about of lettuce, as well as, the mag-cal. I did tell my doctor I was doing IP alternatives and she was willing to see me monthly to ensure everything was moving smoothly. She is not a coach, she just agreed to see me monthly to help with any health concerns I had/have. So, I'm not totally doing it solo, I suppose. I guess it could be due to the drastic change in food intake, as before I was eating ALOT cheese, pizza, bread, etc. I am sure my system is in total shock, even now after 3 weeks.

Survalia - Yes, I am eating a lot of lettuce. I should probably cut back on the lettuce intake. Also, maybe I will try cutting back a mag-cal, after seeing the doc this week!

Thanks for the input, as usual, always helpful!

YEP! Cheese will do it! So will bread. It's so funny, when we've eaten the same way for a long time, we don't notice when we are 'backed up' until we aren't! If you've only been OP for 3 weeks, I don't think you've adjusted - and that is my completely UNprofessional and NON-doctor opinion! :D And maybe cut back on the cal-mag. Again, my completely UNprofessional and NON-doctor opinion! :D

Back to the bread - when people tell me they want to lose weight and I ask them what they eat they always tell me, I love pasta and bread AND I couldn't possibly give them up - it's low fat after all! Then, the next question is what are they made of? Grain and water - that's really it. Then, I ask them, "Do you know what they feed cattle to fatten them up before they take them to market?" GRAIN AND WATER! Well, that and corn! I love the look when they make the connection! :D

lindac36
01-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Linda, this is the sheet that I have, some of the newer items are NOT on it

Wonderful! It has more than the one I was using. Once again you are the GO TO girl!

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Wonderful! It has more than the one I was using. Once again you are the GO TO girl!

I try to stay on top of things.....lol

patns
01-22-2012, 05:21 PM

Purple Sky, I could have written your first post myself. Difference is I am 60+ and have lost count of how many times I joined WW and gained a .5 pounds every week. WW has become the gold standard for weight loss programs but I actually don't know anyone who got weight of with WW and kept it off.

But the part that really resonated with me was about never knowing what it was like to have energy. Something in the "ideal" balanced diet doesn't agree with some people. In my case it is whaet, I eat it and I'm a slug.

On another note, I had to smile today. So many posts on the site when newbies post is how in the world can anyone stick with the program and how tough it is. Well actually it is tough until the carbs detox but there are very few plans that allow the large amount of food we can have at the "regular" meal.

My son came to visit today to watch the Patriots with hubby. He has been working through his gym and a nutritionist and lost 40 pounds so far. Hubby made my usual Sunday treat for everyone, nice BBQ steaks and a huge salad.
My son is 5'9 and weighs 170; I am 5'1' and 132. He looked at the plates and said, "Mom! You can't eat like that, you'll gain all your weight back!" Then he cut his 8 ounce steak in half. I ate mine and he said, "Don't say I didn't warn you!' So I don't think we have it so hard after all.

Mkssweetie
01-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

Welcome! I am new here too and I know we can do this!:) Goodf luck tomorrow!

THISTIME4ME
01-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I tried to PM but it said I didn't have privileges. Perhaps because I haven't been here long enough yet? I dunno. I live in Auburn. What city are you in?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I must have logged off right before you responded. You should be able to PM, I need one more post :(. I am in Woodinville.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I must have logged off right before you responded. You should be able to PM, I need one more post :(. I am in Woodinville.

I've done more posted than I realized when I actually looked at it yesterday. But I only joined on the 5th so I haven't been here 20 days yet. I don't know if the PM thing is limited to that time frame or not.
I've found quite a few on here from our area. Pretty cool really...
How's your OP day going?

whirlygirl72
01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
down 2.8 lbs today.. :) i think that good, it feels good. Another inch off my waist and another in off my hips. :cheer2:

mtnsun4
01-22-2012, 06:31 PM
down 2.8 lbs today.. :) i think that good, it feels good. Another inch off my waist and another in off my hips. :cheer2:

:carrot: Woo hoo! A loss is a loss! Keep up the good work!

Momto2cs
01-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Just tried blueberry pudding cakes. Very nice! Just like blueberry muffins!

sekc14
01-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks to 3FC threads I had a great idea about taking a dish to a Hunt Breakfast today. There was a last minute change of plans for the fox hunt due to snowy/icy conditions. I had to bring a dish and as I read hunt breakfast recipes online filled with rich, fattening ingredients that I don't even have on hand, I thought, I'm going to make an IP dish so there's at least one thing there I can eat. I steamed frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and squash (Normandy-style veggies from Costco), put them in a bowl and sprinkled Butter Buds, roasting spices, garlic pepper, crushed red peppers, then tossed with boiled shrimp. Everyone loved them, especially the shrimp!

I'm already considering other options for future Hunt Breakfasts. Thanks to everyone here for the words of encouragement they gave to MrsMurphy about taking care of herself and taking her own food to a party. In this case, no one was the wiser but I was able to stay OP. I'd call this a NSV!

mrsmurphy
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
YEP! Cheese will do it! So will bread. It's so funny, when we've eaten the same way for a long time, we don't notice when we are 'backed up' until we aren't! If you've only been OP for 3 weeks, I don't think you've adjusted - and that is my completely UNprofessional and NON-doctor opinion! :D And maybe cut back on the cal-mag. Again, my completely UNprofessional and NON-doctor opinion! :D

Back to the bread - when people tell me they want to lose weight and I ask them what they eat they always tell me, I love pasta and bread AND I couldn't possibly give them up - it's low fat after all! Then, the next question is what are they made of? Grain and water - that's really it. Then, I ask them, "Do you know what they feed cattle to fatten them up before they take them to market?" GRAIN AND WATER! Well, that and corn! I love the look when they make the connection! :D

Yes, I was eating pasta like 4 or 5 days out of the week! I am italian so pasta, gnocci, stuffed shells etc were my life. haha I thought HOW in the world would i ever live without them?! lol But, I am doing just fine. Every now and then i get the urge but it passes and i keep moving forward. I haven't even weighed myself since after the first week. I figured the 2nd week would be a low number as I lost 12 pounds the first week. So, now i am at the end of the 3rd without, still without the urge to weigh myself. lol The NSV's are plenty for me right now. I think i am going to weigh myself when my pants start falling off! haha

THISTIME4ME
01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
I've done more posted than I realized when I actually looked at it yesterday. But I only joined on the 5th so I haven't been here 20 days yet. I don't know if the PM thing is limited to that time frame or not.
I've found quite a few on here from our area. Pretty cool really...
How's your OP day going?

Great, so far!!! I lost 2 lbs at WI yesterday, but woke up to another 2 lb loss this morning. Our lights have been flickering, but so far we still have power.

I joined a few months before I ever posted, so I think I can PM now.

I see a lot of Seattle area people also. Did you ever get your food? Are you doing OK?

mtnsun4
01-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Okay all, needing some help.

I bought some sparkling water that had a hint of flavor of lemon lime. Found out that it has sucralose (sp?) in it. Therefore, cannot have. Any suggestions on some sparkling water brands that we can drink that have a hint of flavor? I have been searching other threads during the day. Thanks!:)

DrLaDivaD
01-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Welcome! I am in the same boat as you- first thing I have done in a long time as well! I just started IP a week ago....I have been feeling pretty good! We can all do this together!:smug:

Hooray - I think we joined at the same time! My small NSV today was that - for the first time - I actually had to force myself to eat lunch because I WASN'T HUNGRY!!! That is huge for me, especially considering I was whining yesterday about being so hungry all the time:)
I'm glad you're feeling good!!

Momto2cs
01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
You can have sucralose. It is in the ip foods and that is what Splenda is...

DrLaDivaD
01-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks, wuv

Wuv- I can't find them - could you send the link?

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Great, so far!!! I lost 2 lbs at WI yesterday, but woke up to another 2 lb loss this morning. Our lights have been flickering, but so far we still have power.

I joined a few months before I ever posted, so I think I can PM now.

I see a lot of Seattle area people also. Did you ever get your food? Are you doing OK?

I'm still doing good. Doctor's office still has the same recording that they're closed due to weather. I was out of power from Wednesday to Saturday so I'm assuming they have been too. Still surviving on alternatives and hopefully they'll be open again tomorrow so I can at least order food. At this point I think I'll just wait to have a WI until next week.

mtnsun4
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Hooray - I think we joined at the same time! My small NSV today was that - for the first time - I actually had to force myself to eat lunch because I WASN'T HUNGRY!!! That is huge for me, especially considering I was whining yesterday about being so hungry all the time:)
I'm glad you're feeling good!!

Glad to hear you had a good day today without feeling hungry! I also did well without feeling hungry. I have to say, what I felt were more cravings for things like carbs....bread specifically. But, still OP and have been since day 1!

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 08:46 PM
That's is sooooooo freaking awesome!!!! What an amazing feeling!! Good for you!!!! :bravo::bravo::bravo::D

Thank you! It felt amazing to me as well! :D :carrot:

Shemsham
01-22-2012, 08:46 PM
What are people using for their breath? I've been brushing my teeth a lot but would love to have something in my purse and when I asked about the mints I had (the baby altiods) I was told they were bad?
Tammy

mtnsun4
01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
You can have sucralose. It is in the ip foods and that is what Splenda is...

Thank you so much!! I did not realize that was what was in the IP foods. :)

mtnsun4
01-22-2012, 08:48 PM
What are people using for their breath? I've been brushing my teeth slot but would love to have something in my purse and when I asked about the mints I had (the baby altiods) I was told they were bad?
Tammy

Good question! I am wondering the same thing. I currently have the mini altoids in cinnamon. I am curious to know because I feel like my breath stinks all the time!

New Englander
01-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Good question! I am wondering the same thing. I currently have the mini altoids in cinnamon. I am curious to know because I feel like my breath stinks all the time!
If you would just stop kissing all the random people you wouldn't have to worry about your bad breath!!! ;)

Shemsham
01-22-2012, 08:55 PM
If you would just stop kissing all the random people you wouldn't have to worry about your bad breath!!! ;)

LOL, this cracked me up! But I really would like my husband to kiss me again

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I finally uploaded my spreadsheet and made a bit of a tutorial on how to use it sooo, I'm hoping everyone puts it to good use!

1FineChick
01-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Started TOM yesterday. Should I expect no loss at weigh in?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Well my first week on IP was my TOM and I lost 10 pounds and 5 inches. Every body reacts differently.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Glad to hear you had a good day today without feeling hungry! I also did well without feeling hungry. I have to say, what I felt were more cravings for things like carbs....bread specifically. But, still OP and have been since day 1!

Hi. I'm Jennifer, and I'm a carbaholic. I think it's weird that of all the things I could be missing, toast seems to pop up most often.

Beanie Mommy
01-22-2012, 09:11 PM

I only did kind of bad at the WI right before TOM. The one afterwards was actually really good :)

Good luck!

frazzledmom04
01-22-2012, 09:28 PM
What are people using for their breath? I've been brushing my teeth a lot but would love to have something in my purse and when I asked about the mints I had (the baby altiods) I was told they were bad?
Tammy

Listerine breath strips and Dentyne Fire are what my coach suggested to me.

omgzitsmiranda
01-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Has anyone that uses alternatives [Nashua] used the chocolate shake & the cappucino mix to make the "cupcakes"? Just wondering!

zzsmom
01-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Awesome feeling!!...I put on a size 22 this morning myself and I was like **** YEA!....lol

Let's give Wuv a WHOOT WHOOT!!!! Way to go girl!!!!! You are amazing!!! I can't wait to put smaller jeans on too! :carrot:[/QUOTE]

Way to go Wuv!

wuv2bloved
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Wuv- I can't find them - could you send the link?

This is a link to FinnSteven's PDF cookbook file he created with IP food recipes and pictures...enjoy

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B4gaqtSU9rQDYWRhZDM5OGQtMDk5MC00NWQ4LTg3OTc tZmYzNTg2YjkyYjA4&hl=en_US

zzsmom
01-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Way to go! Congratulations!

mrsmurphy
01-22-2012, 10:54 PM

I started the week of my TOM and I lost 11.6 pounds!

Chuckles1330
01-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the kind remarks everyone, and I'm glad I could give some of you a chuckle with the underwear comment. :) Realized that I must be in the right state of mind to be doing IP now - in the 8 days since I started, Day 1 included a dinner/movie date (I made the dinner, so at least I could control that), Day 7 a birthday party, and Day 8 lunch out with my sister's family. (Cracker Barrel actually has a low carb menu now, although they don't go into how much fat might be in a dish... ;) ). I also realized that when not allowing myself to indulge in emotional eating, I might tend to emotional shopping - need to figure out how to reprogram myself to be an emotional exerciser, or something else that doesn't involve calories or $$$.
This is a great forum, so glad to have found such a supportive community to take this journey with :)

Gardengurl71
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
LOL, this cracked me up! But I really would like my husband to kiss me again

Shemsham,
I didn't read ahead to find out if you got a satisfactory answer about the breath thing from one of our experts. I was told by my coach to try brushing my teeth more often OR Listerine Breath Strips. They are sugar free and I believe are 0/0/0. They are paper thin strips that sort of dissolve on your tongue. I have bought them in the toothbrush section with all the floss, etc. They do the trick. Strangely enough, the breath seems to go away (Or I am used to it). I am nearing the end of week 4 and hardly notice it...and I know I am still in Ketosis because I have never cheated once (I like to repeat that a lot because it's a first for me in my dieting life history.lol). Good luck!;)

ReadytobeHealthy
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Well, I was supposed to go for my consultation on 1/18 but we had a huge snow storm and the Dr. office closed down :( So... I rescheduled for this Tuesday so i will officially start IP Wed :) It sucks cuz I had myself all psyched up to start and just get to it and to think how much I could have lost in 1 week already sucks but I just gotta know in my heart that it happened for a reason.. So I got a whole bunch of WF stuff this week at a local grocery store and will go buy my meat and veggies after consultation!! I am totally excited, thanks for inspiring me everyone!!!!:dizzy:

newmom7611
01-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Well I may be one of the unlucky ones and be ultra sensitive to ANY deviations of the strict protocol. I'm not talking about cheating--- rather, using the egg whites and baking powder in the new recipes I've been trying.. That and/or the mio :( this sucks. I was so elated for all of these new things that i was eating and drinking. The scale hasn't moved much at all this week.. I'm going to enjoy the recipes until my official weigh in, but if it's under a pound lost, I will be cutting out all the "extras." :( let's hope it moves because I sure will miss my unrestricted pancakes and brownie.

alaskastarr
01-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Well I may be one of the unlucky ones and be ultra sensitive to ANY deviations of the strict protocol. I'm not talking about cheating--- rather, using the egg whites and baking powder in the new recipes I've been trying.. That and/or the mio :( this sucks. I was so elated for all of these new things that i was eating and drinking. The scale hasn't moved much at all this week.. I'm going to enjoy the recipes until my official weigh in, but if it's under a pound lost, I will be cutting out all the "extras." :( let's hope it moves because I sure will miss my unrestricted pancakes and brownie.

:( awww newmom I feel ya there :hug: I think that is true of some people. We'll see if it's true for me because I'm trying a few new recipes this week.

New Englander
01-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Shemsham,
I didn't read ahead to find out if you got a satisfactory answer about the breath thing from one of our experts. I was told by my coach to try brushing my teeth more often OR Listerine Breath Strips. They are sugar free and I believe are 0/0/0. They are paper thin strips that sort of dissolve on your tongue. I have bought them in the toothbrush section with all the floss, etc. They do the trick. Strangely enough, the breath seems to go away (Or I am used to it). I am nearing the end of week 4 and hardly notice it...and I know I am still in Ketosis because I have never cheated once (I like to repeat that a lot because it's a first for me in my dieting life history.lol). Good luck!;)
We have experts on here??? I'm in my 13th week and no bad breath...but again...just no kissing for a while!!! ;)

New Englander
01-23-2012, 08:23 AM
My husband even told me to really limit or completely stay away from the WF and other "allowed" condiments...he reminded me that condiments is what got me in this trouble in the first place (well, plus cheese, oh tons of cheese)...so true! Eat fresh, and and as natural as possible...