Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 03:01 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #289

WELCOME!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 02-23-2003, 03:23 PM   #2  

Angry

Good morning ... ooopppsss.. afternoon ladies. LOL
I just wrote a long post and picked up my keyboard to find a paper under it... and I lost my entire post. Grrrrrr

We woke up to a Winter Wonderland here this morning.
They predicted a 50% chance of rain... "maybe" a little snow.
We have everywhere from 2-20 inches here.
Weathermen.... got a luv em.
Well.. there will be a lot of happy kids today... ...and
snowmen made this afternoon. Lucky... I will keep my eyes open for single snowman for you. He can't be too hot though... otherwise he will melt.

WE did not go on our road trip yesterday.
But it is good that we didn't. Where we were going got the 20".
I am not sure why my husband backed out of the trip. I have my guesses but he is not a "communicator" so they are just that... guesses. I only know... I am glad we are not snowed in anywhere.

Well... since I have been on here so long writing my other post that I lost... I really need to get off for awhile now.
HOpe you all have a great day.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:07 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Lightning fast post >>> (me running through...)

J-ann: Tony was doing awesome and as you remember, he came from 33rd to 5th in 1/2 an hour. He was sailing through UNTIL "Little E" or Dale Earnhardt Jr. spun around (one of the 5 times he spun around today) and Kyle Petty who was behind him checked up and caused Tony to hit him and smashed in his left front bumper. His day was crap after that, but at least he finished 20th. I'm sure he was not too happy with that.

Anyhoo, I'm off to do my three mile and I'll pop back in later.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:14 PM   #4  

Well, Hello everyone! I have not died, just am really pooped. Power shopping does that to you, besides carting the stuff home, dragging it in, putting it together and playing with it! Jack's new computer desk must have weighed 200 lbs! We ended up getting an old computer chair and rolling it as far as the deck, then we couldn't get it up the wheelchair incline so Jack and I lugged it off and he waddled it back and forth until he got it in.

Anyone that travels has GOT to get one of these portable dvd's in a bag. The thing is soooo nifty. It is not as big as a backpack and totally self contained. The one we bought, has two earphone outlets, an extra connection for an extra screen, a cigarette adapter and a wall plug, the screen can be detached and put on the back of the front seat for you kids to watch dvd's. listen to cd's or play video games. It is so cool. I am not a gadget person, but this is really neat.

My new dishwasher is being installed Tues so I am all hyped about that and wahooo Jack bought me my new handbag, I am op, and the world is great in general! This leather outlet we have here is so fantastic. All handbags are either leather or suede in a gazillion shapes, colors, and sizes and they are all just $19.99 apiece. I got a beautiful brown shoulder bag. I spent an hour trying to decide! Jack was great about it though! They must have 500 handbags!

It rained 4 inches here yesterday and even I couldn't walk in this downpour so I went to the mall and power walked a mile. Just barreled over everyone.

I am not going to try and post to everyone because I am so far behind. The computer was down all day yesterday because Jack was putting together the computer desk.

I will say to those of you I remember particular things:

Baylee, please don't be jealous of me. You are going to do it. Everyone gets in a slump now and then. I have failed at this so many times, that this time I think I just scared myself into being serious about it. You have the power to do this, get back up on that ole horse and ride baby ride (that would cover the exercise too! )

Sandy: You my sweetness are doing absolutely fabo! I knew this was going to work for you this time! As for broadcasting your weight! It will come in time and when it does, I will be the first to rah rah you. Don't sweat it! You are succeeding and THAT is what counts.

Please keep my younger sister Neita in your thoughts. I have been lucky enough to encourage both my older and younger sister to get on a program. My older sister is obese and has lost 16 lbs on WW, but my younger sister has thyroids issues including her meds and is struggling though she is really trying hard.

Well, lovely ladies, I need to get off. I have been posting and e-mailing for a couple hours and need to relinquish the computer back to my honeypot!

Donna
Old 02-23-2003, 09:02 PM   #5  

Well ladies... I wouild post my weight....but as they say ....
Then I would have to KILL YOU !!!!

But... since I am going to kill a few of you anyway for not posting... I weigh....... 2MUCH !!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 09:04 PM   #6  
Learning To Live For Me

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am new to the forum and to this thread, but you all are such a great group, I was wondering, do you have a place for a newbie?
Old 02-23-2003, 09:08 PM   #7  

Hi all, I found ya!!! I been waiting all day to see if anyone posted and for some odd reason it never sent a message to my inbox when 2cute posted that we were going to a new thread, and well you know the story from then on.

It's almost bed time, but wanted to pop in and see who had been here and say hello to everyone and let you know I did my tape again today and I did all 3 miles again!!! I could not help myself but to get on those lovely scales, I know, I know you are all so tired of hearing that~~~I HAVE SCALE ISSUES....DEAL WITH IT!!! Just kidding....anyway they are showing a loss for the week already but not gonna post it and jinx it???Don't think that can really happen, but I'm not taking any chances. LOL....

Okay race fans, I did watch most of the race, and I did find it exciting, and I did find myself asking dh lots of questions about different rules and such. The only time he really laughed at me is when the commercial of Kyle Petty came on about you have to use the right oil or something like that especially if your dad is Richard Petty!!! Well I thought Kyle was Billy Bob Thorton??? Guess he looks like him to me, and I said "I did'nt know Richard Petty was Billy Bobs dad" Okay lets all have the big laugh....are we done yet????NOT YET????............. okay, I'll chuckle with you. So I did learn today about Kyle Petty!!! And I learned how points are earned and how you get to be the pole position. And I am slowly learning who is team mates with who. DH really likes Ricky Craven as I said before because he is from Maine....about 1 hour from our hometown and he has a motorsport store here that he does do some apperances at. He does a snowmobile run in the winter too, to raise money for MS I think? Hubby will go one of these years!!! Anyway he was happy his driver got 4th today. I still don't have a favorite, I guess I like em all about the same right now still.

Well gotta get to bed, thinking I gotta get up a little early so I can steal the tv and do my WATP tape before the kids and hubby get up in the a.m. They say if you exercise in the a.m it gives your motabolism a boost start for the day? Does it really matter when you get it in? Does anyone really know? I mean I know you do it to use some of the calories in your body and if you havent eatten any yet??? Maybe its eatting the ones you ate yesterday???Oh god you could confuse a blonde like me with such tech. questions. I just figure if I exercise at any point in the day I'm doing my body good!!!

Hugs to you all......talk tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:13 PM   #8  

Silver Rayven/ Please join in, I was new about a month ago and these lovies took me in with loving arms. They are great all of them!!! Please pull up a chair and post away.....I am the threads addict!!! Addicted to the posts that is, I tell them all to please post tons for me to read it keeps me going.

Donna/ glad you got your bag and I'm so glad you did not die, I admit I was a little worry you had not posted!!! I can always count on you to post!!! I have a thing for bags too and shoes, but not anywhere near you I guess if you took boxes to load your purses...Oh how I would be in heaven!!!

Love and Hugs
Sandy
Old 02-23-2003, 11:50 PM   #9  

No time to post... but I have read over and over again that first thing in the morning you should do some form of exercise to start your metablism. It makes you feel better all day. Plus you are more likely to not miss.

I can testify personally that it did help me tremendously when I did it first thing in the morning.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:02 AM   #10  

Oooppsss I forgot to welcome Ravyn

WELCOME !!!!!

WE love newcomers !!! Tell us all about yourself.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:24 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Everybody! I feel as if I've been gone forever. AND I feel like I haven't just fallen off the wagon, it's done rolled over me!

I have been eating everything and anything in sight this past week. My mind has been in a complete state of disarray. I can't stand it! All I kept thinking was I'll start over for real on Monday. Well, dang, when it's only Tuesday and you've got 6 more days to go til Monday, you can do a great deal of damage. And that's exactly what I did.

I had several restaurant jobs this week and I wasn't GOOD at any of them. I've told you all before how I do steakhouses pretty regularly and always order grilled fish or chicken. Well, not this week! I ordered the steak (twice) just like everyone else. OMG, I had forgotten how good steak tastes!!!

I was a 'showgirl' yesterday and today and surely felt the need to have movie popcorn. I came home between showtimes today and made dinner. Leftovers, of course mine was steak. Then DH ticked me off and I had to go back to the theatre by myself tonight, so what did I do? I stopped at Burger King and had a double cheeseburger. Not once, but twice! Yes sirree, girls, I stopped at two separate Burger Kings and ordered a double cheeseburger at each of them. WHAT THE **** AM I DOING??????

It is now 12:09 AM my time and I am counting this as a new start, here and now, no excuses! I cannot do this to myself any more.

Ok, enough of this stuff. How are all of you? It appeared slow for a couple of days, but seems to have picked up again lately. That's good. We don't want the thread to fade away.

My movie reviews for this weekend go something like this: Old School with Will Farrell: If you liked Animal House, this one has half a chance. If not, I wouldn't recommend you go see it. The Recruit with Al Pacino: I liked this one. It has some pretty good twists and turns and you're not really sure until the end. The Life of David Gale with Kevin Spacey: This is another one that keeps you guessing. And just when you think you might have it figured out, you don't. This one got some pretty lousy reviews, but usually if the critics like it, I hate it, sooooo you be the judge.

This is going to be another busy week. I've got a couple of candy resets at gas/convenience stores to do. They will take up two days this week. I did their general merchandise resets two weeks ago. It really makes me remember why I didn't like working in the grocery store. But hey, I'll do ALMOST anything for money these days.

I do want to quick and welcome Silver Ravyen. You've picked a great group to join. I hope you'll stick around and post often. Tell us about yourself. Are you on any specific weightloss plan? Married? Kids? Student???

Everybody else: I'll have to catch up with you later.

Well, girls, wish me luck on my new week. I have to make some powerful changes in order to make something happen here. I think I'm ready. (boy have I said that before!)

Last edited by thinthinker; 02-24-2003 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:27 AM   #12  
Learning To Live For Me

I just wanted to thank everyone again for welcoming me. I'm dealing with a nasty toothache right now, so I'm not writing much, but I reading and getting to know each of you.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:54 AM   #13  

Oh my goodness Ravyn....
I just now saw how much weight you have already lost.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Thin... good to see you again.
It no longer matters what you did last week.
This is a new day, a new beginning. YOU CAN DO IT !!!
Old 02-24-2003, 07:29 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Default hello and goodbye...

As quickly as I'm in the door, I'm out again...we're off to see another school today, spent most of yesterday at one where my daughter auditioned for admission to the Theatre Arts Program.

Gotta run, I'd like to beat some morning traffic if i can...I just got off work, better stop for coffee first!

Welcome, Silver Ravyn!

See you all later...
Old 02-24-2003, 08:35 AM   #15  

Morning girls, I only have a few minutes, gotta get my butt to work and on time would be a good thing!!! Hopefully my boss is gone today so I have time to post longer, if not I will have to wait till I get home. Just wanted to let you know, I did not get up early this am and do my exercise I was just so tired, did'nt go to bed till 11 last night. But I will be doing it as soon as I get home!!!

Thin/ I'm so happy to see you!!! Keep your head held high!!! We will get through this!!! We are here for you, just as you are there for us!!!!!

Baylee/ I don't know if its PULL or POLE????? Like I said I'm learning and dh is gone for the day already so I can't ask him? I'm sure Tina can answer the question??? If it's Pull, well I gave you all another good chuckle.... That's what I'm here for to keep you smiling!!!

Kat/ Good luck to your daughter today with the new school your checking out!!! Keeping my fingers .

Silver/ Is that what you would like to be called? Or use your real name or Rayven???? Up to you, just want to make sure I'm addressing you right. So glad your sticking around here and checking us all out, it does take some time to figure everyone out. But please tell us a little about you. And way to go on the weight you've lost already!!! I will do a little happy dance for you!!!

Hugs to all.....
Closed Thread