Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Default I just had the worst binge, and I can't even look at myself.

I couldn't stop. I ate one thing that i shouldn't have, and it led to another and another and more and more. To the point that I was so disgusted with myself. And then I ate more. And then I cried and ate more. It wasn't me. I have no idea what came over me. I wasn't even hungry, in fact I was stuffed. How could this be enjoyable? It wasn't at all. I ate more than I would have at an all day picnic off diet... in the matter of 2 hours. I have never been more ashamed if myself in my life. Should I not eat tomorrow to make up for it? Or eat very little? Over exercise? Oh my gosh I hate that I put myself in this dilemma.
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

These things happen. The best thing to do is to pick up the pieces and start putting the puzzle back together. TODAY... not tomorrow. Do not starve yourself tomorrow, it will only cause more havoc on your metabolism. Drink more water than normal. These things have helped me, I hope they can help you.

Keep your chin up. You are doing fabulous. When diets are actually "lifestyle" changes - you are going to have to go off plan once in a while...

Last edited by 170starting; 10-21-2011 at 06:32 AM.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #3  
Iron Love Handles

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5"5'

This might sound weird, but now is the time to tell yourself that you love yourself no matter WHAT. If you can say it out loud, even better (as whacko as you feel saying it.) Don't punish yourself, your emotions have already done that, but listen to your body all day. Really carefully. Eat again when you are actually hungry, and stop eating when you are starting to get full.
I have a three-year-old, and have watched the way I treat her. I love her with all of my heart, and want her to be healthy, so I make sure she has healthy choices most of the time and allow her to eat treats every once in a while. If I see her pigging out at Grandpa and Grandma's, I stop her but I don't starve her for the rest of the day.
It can be difficult to truly *love* myself like I love my daughter, but at least I try to *act* as though I love me like that .
You've made a lot of progress already. Stand up, dust yourself off and keep walking.
ironlovehandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Happens! Just get back on track and honestly, don't worry about it. Never try to make up for overeating by eating too little. That doesn't work, truly, just move on.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #5  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Hey girl. I did the exact thing last night. Our old habits will creep up for sure but it's remembering now how we feel and that we don't like that feeling and we are learning to find other ways to deal emotionally, or how to find balance. Yeah, we had a slip, no biggie. Love you. Be good to you and remember you don't like doing it. While I was stuffing food in my face last night I was thinking how awful I felt while doing it. Like you, you had AWARENESS that it wasn't feeling good. That's a GREAT thing! At least your aware of it. Imagine if you were still unaware and feeling good about what you were doing? You'd keep doing it right? At least now you know that you don't like it. Next time you might be able to say ok I wanna binge but I feel so gross! I remember that feeling and hate it...or you might binge but once you start to feel awful your awareness will kick in and you might be able to stop halfway through and say "uhhhh there's that gross feeling" Bit by bit, acknowledging it is the first step. Lets keep going, we are learning as we go, it can only get better xoxo
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #6  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170starting View Post
These things happen. The best thing to do is to pick up the pieces and start putting the puzzle back together. TODAY... not tomorrow. Do not starve yourself tomorrow, it will only cause more havoc on your metabolism. Drink more water than normal.
Agree with this. Just put it behind you and get right back on your plan. Do not try to "make up" for it by eating less tomorrow, because then you will just be crabby and hungry. Do not try to punish yourself or do penance, because this is not a moral issue - you have not committed any crimes or sins. Just get right back on plan.

It's probably worth thinking about why you lost control, what triggered the binge - was it a certain food? a certain emotional state? - so that you can have an easier time avoiding them in the future.

However, in the meantime, even before you've figured all that out, there is nothing stopping you from getting right back on plan. You can do it! We all have slip-ups and bad days and even binges. Perfection is not required - just consistency. You can do it.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Agree with this. Just put it behind you and get right back on your plan. Do not try to "make up" for it by eating less tomorrow, because then you will just be crabby and hungry. Do not try to punish yourself or do penance, because this is not a moral issue - you have not committed any crimes or sins. Just get right back on plan.

It's probably worth thinking about why you lost control, what triggered the binge - was it a certain food? a certain emotional state? - so that you can have an easier time avoiding them in the future.

However, in the meantime, even before you've figured all that out, there is nothing stopping you from getting right back on plan. You can do it! We all have slip-ups and bad days and even binges. Perfection is not required - just consistency. You can do it.
I was going to say almost the exact same thing as Carter. The best thing is to move and to learn from it. maybe you are eating too little normally and your body screamed for food? Maybe you were stressed? Maybe you were too sleepy? Try to tease out what happened so next time you can avoid the situation.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

I'm not an expert, but I'd say get right back on plan, as normal. If an extra 20 minutes at the gym will help you feel a little better, go for it. I would eat as you normally do today.
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #9  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissvarna View Post
If an extra 20 minutes at the gym will help you feel a little better, go for it.
^^This...and a few of the other things that were said before me.

Remember, if you do put in extra time at the gym it's not to punish yourself, it's to reward yourself for just being you.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with all the above responses. You need to stop the cycle of punishing yourself, because in many ways, the bingeing is a punishment. Pick yourself up and keep going. Tomorrow is a new day and it starts all over. Keep going exactly how you were going and don't lose step because of one crappy day. Just continue as if nothing had happened. And just let it go. Sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back, but as long as you keep making the effort to go forward you'll be ok. :-)
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone! This is all super insightful. I made a mistake, and I know it. I'll learn from it for sure.
Seriously MUCH thanks to everyone... if it wasn't for you I literally wouldn't know what to do.... and it wouldn't be what you told me, thats for sure. Thanks again I feel better already
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote