Old 09-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP DAILY CHAT - Mon, Sept 12th

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Funny typo in the thread name. Sorry about that. I'm drinking my caffeine and getting ready to fly off to Dallas for a few days. My Sept is super busy... I'm still on Phase 1, but my body is hungry all the time and I've been adding an extra packet (as per coach) instructions when I'm hungry.

Hopefully this trip will feel less stressed than my trip (last week) to NYC. Stay safe everyone! I'm back Wednesday very late, but will see if I can sneak on to the site from time to time to keep in touch.

Congrats on all the SV and NSV over the weekend. I didn't have a chance to catch up on what people are up to. Fall is definitely here and the weather is starting to change. I noticed how early the sun set last night.

My shopping trip was a mild success. I still look ridiculous in most of my clothes. I did find a nice pair of pants at a consignment store, and I found a suit for work. I really don't have many clothes at all, and most of the transitional clothes started looking ridiculously too big all of a sudden last week.

I credit that to pilates. I still have some flab to lose, and I'm going to keep on trucking until I'm a few pounds below goal to get my buffer. In the meantime, everyone, stick with the program! It's strict but it works. If you don't believe me, take another look at my picture album -- I used to wear a tight size 16, now I have some size 8's that are falling off!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone...I've seen some of you who have been unhappy with your clinics that you attend..I wanted as a new clinic Owner to encourage all of you who are unhappy with your clinics to please speak to the clinic owners..this is your journey and we are there to encourage you and support you and help you in the best way we possibly can...Please if you're having problems..you want to get measured you want info..ask them..it will make them better for their clients and make your journey better.. Don't allow that to be your crutch...this program works and its amazing when you reach your goal...Its feels wonderful...You can do it....I did!!!!

:

JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Hi everyone. After today we get a lovely fall preview this week of 50-70 degrees (so I will probably freeze to death) I'm realizing I also have absolutely no cold weather clothes that fit. I mean seriously I put on an old sweatshirt and it was just ridiculous and then I tried another and yep still ridiculous, hey girl XL doesn't fit you anymore get a clue!

Still planning PH3 breakfasts, I can't even tell you how much time I have put into it. I want to be able to spend the 14 days of Ph3 planning my Ph4 dinners though. I was using the MFP app at the grocery store scanning everything in sight so I knew what brands they have of options, now lining them out in tables and adding everything up, so confusing.

I might have some extra time seeing as how I've been adding an extra packet here and there. (So, 3 packets on Ph2 days) Don't know what's up just
cravings I guess. We will see what the scale says this week. I'm not stressing about it for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Question about the Kale chips.

Do I have to use parchment liner? Can I use aluminum foil instead? Or just the baking sheet?

I only use the leaf part, not the stem... correct?
I only use the baking sheet that is sprayed with some Pam and mine haven't gotten stuck yet. Yep just the leaf, whenever I get a stem that I forgot it is not pleasing to chew on.
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning all. Today I am celebrating losing 90 pounds. I lost 40 pounds on my own and 50 with Ideal Protein. I am going for the last 10..and I am very happy.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good morning all. Today I am celebrating losing 90 pounds. I lost 40 pounds on my own and 50 with Ideal Protein. I am going for the last 10..and I am very happy.
Congrats on your 90 pound celebration! And good luck with the last ten pounds. I keep thinking how important it is to do ALL 4 phases to really learn how to maintain the loss.

I saw the 160's on my personal scale this morning, now just to see it at the clinic on Wed. with clothes on. It sure is going down slowly!

Have a great Monday everyone. It is going to be cool and windy here in NE Montana!!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations Maile! You are an inspiration. 90 lbs is amazing!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I'm still around, just very busy and have very little time for myself. Still on track, no cheats and hoping for a good loss this week. Good luck to those with Monday weigh ins! I'm hoping for a new decade come Thursday! I was .4 away yesterday but up this morning and have 1.2lbs to go now. I was so busy this weekend and barely home so I didn't eat much Friday or Saturday so I think when I finally ate yesterday that made me gain a little back. No idea. I have 3 days yet to get rid of it!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning all! Have a fabulous trip Pxlkitty!

Quote:
WoW, Wow! Congrats to you!

Happy Monday. Life is good here. My scale is still behaving I'm seeing the death of the 180s in the near future and it has me reconsidering my plan to phase off for my birthday. Go figure. Just when i thought I had a plan the weight starts falling off again. I may still phase off and reassess (lower) my goal weight on the 26th...

Our weather has taken a huge turn from unseasonably hot to... yuck. I am freezing! I pulled all of my sweaters out of storage and washed them yesterday because I'm going to need them. Trouble is that most are stupidly big now. I guess that's a good problem to have.

Have a fabulous day everyone!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #10  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good day all. stepped on the scale this morning and got down to 146!!! in 3 more lbs I will have lost 40 and in 13 more it will be 50!!!! Just so darn tootin excited. I also went shopping for some new jeans this weekend, tried on a pair of skinny's and actually looked good in them, so my mom made me buy them!!!!!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:

Maile, that is so AWESOME...very happy for ya! Way - To - GO!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #12  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
I only use the baking sheet that is sprayed with some Pam and mine haven't gotten stuck yet. Yep just the leaf, whenever I get a stem that I forgot it is not pleasing to chew on.
Thanks!

Quote:
90lbs!! Woohoo! That is awesome!!

After last weeks ridiculously stressful week, I am so glad to have a nice calm office this morning. I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm and feel great. (Usually not the case as I am a snooze button kind of gal!)

Busy day after work, brought my rtd chocolate and mango with me to work so I can take them with right after school and not have to worry about running home.

Last edited by JodiM; 09-12-2011 at 09:51 AM.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday all! There's a faint hint of all in the morning air here. I kind of want a summer do-over. I wish I had started IP sooner, because I would have enjoyed the summer more as a thinner person.

Anyway, congratulations to all with fabulous losses, wearing clothes that are ridiculously too big. I aspire to that.

Today I have a three-hour client meeting and a two hour job interview, including role playing and a research test/project. Must make sure all of my food is packed and ready to go.

Wish me luck.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #14  

A cool foggy fall morning hello to everyone!
Tempted to turn the heating on but...it's September, if I start now it'll be a long fall/winter. Like Wildflower, I too have not cool weather clothes so I'm just going to have to "look like someones poor relation" as my dad used to say (often hehe) when I was growing up. It is supposed to get a bit warmer towards the end of the week which is good cause I have appointments Thurs/Friday and those are the only days I really NEED to look put together. Thats one of the great things about being a farm girl, to quote my dad again " the cows don't care what you look like" In other news...I've been visited by the TOM bloat fairy, so much for a fantastic, amazing weigh in tomorrow
I would have thought with all the water we drink etc that bloat would be nearly non-existent, I guess 1.8 lbs is a far cry from the 5lbs I used to get but I'm still saddened to have gotten down to 166 just to have it taken away in a days time. I know it's not going to last, most likely it will be gone again by Thursday. Anywhoooo...Time to get on with my day.
Have a great OP day everyone!!
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #15  

Also...looking for a bit of input here. I'm trying to wean myself off the restricteds a little bit. This week I went with very low carb count drinks and my usual restricted bars and I was more than happy with the scale movement. This week, I WI tomorrow, I'd like to try going for slightly lower carb count snacks. Any suggestions? I will need a couple bars as I am running around Thurs/Friday and I try to have restricteds as breakfast or lunch so I'm not going to bed with that much in my system. Does the crushed cereal effect the taste at all when you make pancakes/crepes? I did enjoy Yvetteski's idea of a bit of splenda and cinnamon, they were yummy
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote