Old 09-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #61  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

MMMMM... I just had steak and okra stir fry for dinner. It was so good!
I don't know if I'm going to make my WI this week. My husband's grandmother is not doing well and I am preparing to pack up and head to my MIL's house for a couple of days to help her. Both of his grandparents live with my MIL and they are both on hospice. My MIL needs some serious help and some support. His grandmother took a sudden turn for the worse and she has an estimated 2 weeks at the longest.

I am not a daily weigher, but I think I will step on her scale Wednesday just to have a number to put in the spreadsheet challenge. I know it won't be official, but it's better than nothing. My sister is picking up food for me at my clinic. I bought 2 weeks worth of food a few weeks ago so that I can have some variety. I get tired of eating the same three things for weeks at a time. Realistically, I could go another week without purchasing this week, but I don't want to give up my variety.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good morning all. Today I am celebrating losing 90 pounds. I lost 40 pounds on my own and 50 with Ideal Protein. I am going for the last 10..and I am very happy.
WOW!!!! Congratulations, what an inspiration
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #63  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I don't know if I'm going to make my WI this week. My husband's grandmother is not doing well and I am preparing to pack up and head to my MIL's house for a couple of days to help her. Both of his grandparents live with my MIL and they are both on hospice. My MIL needs some serious help and some support. His grandmother took a sudden turn for the worse and she has an estimated 2 weeks at the longest.

I am not a daily weigher, but I think I will step on her scale Wednesday just to have a number to put in the spreadsheet challenge. I know it won't be official, but it's better than nothing. My sister is picking up food for me at my clinic. I bought 2 weeks worth of food a few weeks ago so that I can have some variety. I get tired of eating the same three things for weeks at a time. Realistically, I could go another week without purchasing this week, but I don't want to give up my variety.
Sorry that your family is going through this. If you don't make it to your WI your coach should understand. Stay OP as best as you can under the circumstances and you will be fine. Variety is always a good thing, I also have to eat the same 3 things for 7 days but I have gotten used of it. I just add flavorings or extract in it to give a different taste. Good luck to you while you are gone and keep us posted. Prayers are coming your way
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 143/123.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
Congratulations to everyone for losing and for not giving up!!!

My weigh-in was today and I lost 1.9. I was hoping for more but I guess I am happy I down 14lbs in 4 weeks. I will take it.

Just curious if I tweek things a little maybe I could lose more. I love love love my MiO, is this something I need to quit? I was addicted to Dt. Coke and it's been 4 weeks since I have had one and am very pleased with myself but I substituted MiO for it. Also, I think someone mentioned this but I wanted to make sure. If I have 3 packs of protein and not my restricted at night do you think this may help too? Thanks for the input.

Oh and one last thing, I have dreams (nightmares) that I am eating things I shouldn't. This may have came up already but I haven't seen it anywhere. This weekend I dreamt I was eating M&M's nonstop. I woke up so relieved that it wasn't true. Anyone else doing this?
Hello,

As far as the restricted foods I've read on a couple of post that some ppl have completely eliminated them for a little while atleast it all depends on your coach mine said it was fine but I'm thinking of eliminating them if I don't see results this week.
And as for the dream or nightmares more like it, I've also been having them and it seems to be normal so don't worry too much
jmonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
stickingtotheplan - You will be fine!

Maile - CONGRATS! What an accomplishment

I try to get on this website and for the most part have been unsuccessful, so if you think I am MIA, I'm not, just frustrated with this site!
Bellamack: I finally switched to Mozilla Firefox browser last night and the site is working perfectly now.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Default I'm Back!

Hello everyone. I'm thinking I should get back into posting as I know it was quite a big help for me in the beginning. I have been lurking around but haven't posted much. I never felt like I was a real part of the community so I stopped posting but I suppose I need to just get over that! I am still plugging along, though rather slowly. Even since the beginning of the diet, I never lost that much a week. I am now about 33 lbs away from my goal weight and 66 lbs from when I started. It is crazy to say that! I still don't realize how far I have come.

You all are doing such a wonderful job. You are so supportive of each other and that is really great to see. Support is essential on this diet and it's hard to get it from people who are not on the diet. They just can't relate to the struggles.

Sorry this was so long-winded, but I will be around more often and I look forward to building a relationship with you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonreal View Post
B- decaf coffee with caramel bar
L- chicken with veggies about 1.5 cups
S- rasberry gelatin
D- cappuccino
I've been eating a lot of cucumbers with lemon don't kno if that has anything do with it also t.o.m came and went about 2 wks ago so its definitely not that although he did mention that I have to stay away from soy beans to 1 oz a daybut besides that nothing out of the ordinry. I eat 1 bar a day since I started 2.5 weeks ago so I'm wondering if I should eliminate the carbs for a bit?
You are definitely not eating enough veggies! If you are getting less than half of the daily vegetables, that could certainly be slowing down your loss. Try and make sure to get your 4 cups in!
Lalison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Hello everyone. I'm thinking I should get back into posting as I know it was quite a big help for me in the beginning. I have been lurking around but haven't posted much. I never felt like I was a real part of the community so I stopped posting but I suppose I need to just get over that! I am still plugging along, though rather slowly. Even since the beginning of the diet, I never lost that much a week. I am now about 33 lbs away from my goal weight and 66 lbs from when I started. It is crazy to say that! I still don't realize how far I have come.

You all are doing such a wonderful job. You are so supportive of each other and that is really great to see. Support is essential on this diet and it's hard to get it from people who are not on the diet. They just can't relate to the struggles.

Sorry this was so long-winded, but I will be around more often and I look forward to building a relationship with you all

You are definitely not eating enough veggies! If you are getting less than half of the daily vegetables, that could certainly be slowing down your loss. Try and make sure to get your 4 cups in!
Lalison, congrats on just getting on and posting!!! I have been so busy with starting back to school that I don't post very often anymore either. But you are a part of this community! Just dive right in and give us your valuable experience from being on this program.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #68  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Thanks to everyone for all of your support and enthusiasm. I appreciate all of the positive sharing of my journey!!!!!
Yeah for Ideal Protein which is truly a lifesaver.
Yeah for this site which which is a wonderful support!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #69  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Thanks to everyone for all of your support and enthusiasm. I appreciate all of the positive sharing of my journey!!!!!
Yeah for Ideal Protein which is truly a lifesaver.
Yeah for this site which which is a wonderful support!
Those who go before shine a powerful light for those who follow. Thank you for sharing and Bravo, darlin'....Bravo!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
Congratulations to everyone for losing and for not giving up!!!

My weigh-in was today and I lost 1.9. I was hoping for more but I guess I am happy I down 14lbs in 4 weeks. I will take it.

Just curious if I tweek things a little maybe I could lose more. I love love love my MiO, is this something I need to quit? I was addicted to Dt. Coke and it's been 4 weeks since I have had one and am very pleased with myself but I substituted MiO for it. Also, I think someone mentioned this but I wanted to make sure. If I have 3 packs of protein and not my restricted at night do you think this may help too? Thanks for the input.

Oh and one last thing, I have dreams (nightmares) that I am eating things I shouldn't. This may have came up already but I haven't seen it anywhere. This weekend I dreamt I was eating M&M's nonstop. I woke up so relieved that it wasn't true. Anyone else doing this?
14lbs in 4 weeks is an AMAZING average! Congrats! I am told to have my restricted for breakfast or lunch, more time to burn the higher carb items.

Quote:
S- rasberry gelatin
D- cappuccino
I've been eating a lot of cucumbers with lemon don't kno if that has anything do with it also t.o.m came and went about 2 wks ago so its definitely not that although he did mention that I have to stay away from soy beans to 1 oz a daybut besides that nothing out of the ordinry. I eat 1 bar a day since I started 2.5 weeks ago so I'm wondering if I should eliminate the carbs for a bit?
Keep in mind, (at least my clinic says) cucumbers are free unlimited like the lettuce and celery do that does not count as your 2 cups. make sure you get your 2 full cups of approved veggies in so you don't go into starvation mode.

Other than that you are doing great and TOM does come around and slow losses sometimes but it evens out the next week. Don't take TOM personally... I personally wouldn't eat soybeans every day, that I feel could slow you down. try to just sprinkle them on a salad or snack on them 2 times a week and see if it helps your losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post

thoughts and prayers with your family. Stay strong and OP it will give you the energy to support everyone. I recently had a wonderful experience at the hospice my boyfriend's grandfather was at. It was beautiful, peaceful and the volunteers and staff were amazing. The grandparents are in good hands with hospice.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I know there are several things you can take for the dreaded "C" but is Miralax one of them? I have some in the house for my daughter and wanted to try something OTC before I bought another pricy supplement. Thanks!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I know there are several things you can take for the dreaded "C" but is Miralax one of them? I have some in the house for my daughter and wanted to try something OTC before I bought another pricy supplement. Thanks!!
Yes, I have taken Miralax.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Yes, I have taken Miralax.
Awesome! Thanks! It's a bit of a haul to my clinic so I wasn't sure if I should order something new or not.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
S- rasberry gelatin
D- cappuccino

How much did you lose the first week? If you had a big loss maybe your body is just adjusting to that.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Bellamack, glad to see you checking in. I was wondering how you are doing.

My weigh in today was pretty good for me, down 2.1. That's 12 pounds all together and I'm finding my clothes are fitting a lot better. By the time I need to switch to winter clothes I hope I am down a size.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote