Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #1  
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/fit

Height: 5ft

Default Skinny Jeans

I never liked skinny jeans. Because I never fit in them. I tried one on last December and I nearly killed myself trying to get my foot out of it. Only my right foot managed to complete the journey, it got stucked halfway through my legs, fat chance (pun intended) it'll make it all the way to my thighs. It was size 7/8, I wasn't about to break my heart some more by trying another pair a couple of sizes up. I left the store. Mad and hurting.

My weight loss journey started June this year, I was 140lbs. I am now only 105lbs, just 10 more shy to my "normal" weight before I lost control of myself. And yesterday, I bravely tried on another pair. I managed to fit in one, A SIZE ZERO! But I bought the size 1 anyways, because I like giving my legs some room to breathe.

Anyone else had nightmare stories trying on a pair of skinny jeans. Btw, this will be my first and last skinny jeans, Im not really a big fan and the only reason I bought this, is to wipe the painful experience I had in December. I consider this my trophy.

PS

For photo reference, I have another thread on the GOAL SUCCESS STORIES. Cant post link yet, I'm a newbie.

Last edited by FatNoMore03; 08-22-2011 at 12:54 PM.
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Wow that's awesome!

I love skinny jeans! I feel they really show off my curves so I have a whole closet full of them. Most of them are much too big now, so I only have about two pairs I can actually wear.

I don't really have any horror stories, but I was ecstatic to fit into a pair of size 9s at hot topic (I didn't wind up buying them though, they were too expensive and I'm planning to lose more) and a pair of size 8s that I did buy from old navy. When I get to goal, I can't wait to have a closet full of skinny jeans again!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #3  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

I've decided I'll never look great in skinnies. It's just my genetics... My thighs are actually fine, but it's my trunk that just refuses. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with what I've got back there, but it's much better suited to a form-fitting skirt. lol Skinnies just look weird... But I do like them in theory.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a fan of skinny jeans. Yesterday, someone I know was wearing some and she isn't even fat, just a few lbs overweight but the jeans made her look a lot heavier than she is. They just weren't flattering.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for finding a pair that you liked and fit!

Like others, I'm definitely not made for skinny jeans, I'm pretty curvy so I think it would just accentuate my already big rear. That being said I think for someone who can pull them off they look really cute with boots and a layered top!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

I recently went and bought some skinny jeans in a size 2! I've never been that small in my life, ever. Anyway, previously I was subjected to wearing 'mom jeans' to disguise my muffin top, lol.
I hear ya, it feels good to get into a pair of nice skinny jeans.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #7  
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/fit

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
I hear ya, it feels good to get into a pair of nice skinny jeans.
Yes, indeed it is. Especially if the last time you tried it on (8 times bigger than the size you can fit in now), only your foot manage to slide in LOL! Its like a sweet revenge.
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote