WW Clubs and Groups - #259 Bale of Turtles Taking It Day By Day!

Itryharder
07-14-2011, 01:18 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspriation, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skill and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi Turtles,
Here's :goodvibes: for the weekend fast approaching!
Hey Pat, how are you doing? Chime in when you can.
Have a great day, everyone!!!!!
Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner by end of summer :cool:

bandit2
07-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi turtles:

CHerry - congrats on such a fabulous loss!

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in (sending you skinny vibes)

Judy - nice for your relatives to be coming and you all enjoy the pool.
As you said, the warm weather goes quick so we all have to make the most of it when we can.

I have my weigh in tonight as well, and hoping for some good results since I
have really towed the line this week.

All - have a good week!

Itryharder
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Bandit, good luck on your WI!!!!!!
judy

terrod99
07-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Hey All TGIF

No big plans for the weekend, BBQ at Mom's Sunday for Son and Nephews Birthdays, is suppose to be very hot this weekend. Need some rest feeling very tired this week. Like a big slug!

Bandit hope the weight in went well!!!!

Cherry you must be feeling good, great 1st week loss, what program are you following?

Judy have a great wekend with your family.

Princess hope all is well with you!

Everyone have a great Weekend, keep at it, and take it day by day!!!!

Terri

bandit2
07-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Morning, ladies

Terri - yes, it is great weather up here - my grass is suffering, but as soon as
we get some rain it will spruce up.

Judy - hope you are keeping "cool by the pool" lucky you to have your own.

Princess - how was your weigh in?

I was down 2# last night so was happy with that so my new plan of action
was good (OP during the week with my extras on the weekend & not stressing over that)

Have 2 get togethers over the weekend, so will have to make some smarter
choices at those but have some leaway built in already.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the hot weather while you can and lets all
drink lots of extra water this week.

Stay cool!

Princess1122
07-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! I agree with Terri... TGIF! Supposed to still be cooler today, only in the 80's but the heat is coming back and this weekend it will be super hot - got my yard work done last night, did a quick clean up on the house and got to my meeting and W/I on time... I was down 4.4 lbs - I was thrilled with that but keeping everything in perspective it is really only what I had packed on two weeks ago at W/I and it took me the last two weeks to get it off but at least I did that. Feeling ok these days, still getting the headaches with my TOM which is difficult since I have it all the stinking time but hopefully that will slow down as the weight goes away.

I am leaving work early today, I have to go and apply for the permits to get the deck started so that will take at least half a day but I worked over in anticipation so I am out of here at noon today... yah! (Even if it is to go and stand in line at the Dept of Code Enforcement - LOL)

We have some things going on this weekend but nothing major - we are joining DH coworkers tomorrow night for dinner out and I am watching the grandbaby on Sunday so that would be a good crockpot meal day - otherwise it is just going to be getting in some exercise when I can and watch what I eat... Do my best...

Bandit: Thanks for the skinny vibes... they helped! Congrats on your loss! That is fabulous! I like your plan, it just makes sense and I am in the same frame of mind.

Judy: Totally understand that you and your DH are not going to do anything else for home improvements this summer, sounds like you guys have had enough already! How are you doing otherwise? Does walking help manage your stress better?

Terri: have a great time at the B-Day party. I hope that you are able to get some rest... I know how you feel, I need to make it a point to get to bed earlier on a regular basis. I have been trying to but never seem to manage it... LOL.

Cherry: How are you doing so far this week?

Pat: How are you doing?

Life: Hope you are ok!

life4evr
07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi. Everyone sop I have consistently gained a pound a week a for about the last three weeks. I can admit I did fall into my old eating habits, stuff is kicking my butt. So right now I am just kind ofhanging out not really doing much of anything.

Hope yall are doing well. Everyone have a good weekend.

CherryAutumn
07-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Life4evr- Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Hang in there. We are all rooting (sp?) for you.:hug:

Princess- Way to go on the 4.4 pounds.:carrot: That is great.

Bandit- Great Job losing 2 pounds this week. Looks like we are seeing lots of good losses. Do your best at those get togethers.

Terri- I havent really said what program I am following because i feel a little uncomfortable posting it on here and I dont know i am feeling a little embarrased.:o

Judy- Sounds like you have had a busy summer so far. How are things going for you?

So far I am on Day 10 and besides one planned OFF meal I have stuck to it and am losing weight. I only hope it will keep coming off for awhile because i need a good start. Just having that good first week has lifted my spirits and I am already feeling better about myself.:) Next weeks weigh-in will be right in the middle of TOM so we shall see how that effects my loss.:^: Keep drinking that water in this heat.

Itryharder
07-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow! the Turtles are rocking. Weigh to go!

Bandit, your 5-2 plan really worked this week. And you've got your head in the right place for this weekend. :goodscale: :bravo: :carrot: :dancer: :dance: :swim: :chef:
2#down is fantastic!

Princess,
4.4# down! You did it! You got rid of that crummy weight that was bogging you down. Keep up the good work! Yay. :carrot: :chef: :dancer: :dance:
:strong: :tread: have fun with dinner out and with your grandbaby. What a wonderful stage in your life. I love my crockpot and made chicken cacciatore in it-----had enough to last many days---froze some, ate some. That works for me.

Life4evr, it's okay-----you can do this . Those pounds will come off. One day at a time. I'm sending you :goodvibes: and am so glad you chimed in.

Cherry, wow! Another great loss. Keep up the good work. Good to hear you being optimistic and happy. :goodscale: :bravo: :dancer: :dance: :chef: :tread:

Terri, enjoy the weekend! Get some rest. I know how that goes and we all need extra rest in the summer because of the heat and humidity.

As for me, I'm done with home repairs for the summer! Amen and lol. It is so weird----cross your fingers. It may be that the pool guys found the source of the leak in the pool and fixed it. That would be amazing. In the meantime, the roof flashing and the new cement patio look great, so all in all I'm happy. And yes, the :tread: does help with stress. I'm swimming and working hard this weekend. People are sleeping late and I can't get to the :tread:, but I can swim and have fun in the pool with the kids. I'm also doing yeoman duty in the kitchen. Made a WW friendly meal last night and no one was the wiser. Marinated steak, oven fries, baked beans, Italian bread, and tossed salad. I had a variety of desserts, but I had diet Jell-o with blueberries topped with a bit of Redi whip. I'm hoping to be able to lose a bit of weight this week. If I keep my head about me, I'll be able to do a decent weekend and two great days before WI.

Gotta run-----wishing you all a great weekend. I like the idea of keep drinking water. It all helps!
Judy
234.6/?/180's by end of summer :cool:

Princess1122
07-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Good morning all and happy Sunday to everyone! Hot weather here but the weekend has been nice so far. Made it to Cycle class yesterday and walked around the farmers market with DIL and G-Baby then went to a knitting class and home to get ready to go out to eat with DH and his co-workers. I made the very best choices that I could last night and it was a very expensive resturant that we went to. I was dissappointed with my meal though, I ordered Mahi Mahi and it came crusted in something and a heavy sauce was on it... I ate because to be honest we were not picking up the check and I felt like to not eat it would be insulting. Oh well, the rest of the day was pretty good for food so I will just drink extra water and make sure I watch what I eat today. Funny how a hugely expensive place like that does not offer just a nice piece of grilled fish.... everyone else got huge steaks but that was just too many points for me.

Grandbaby will be here soon so I need to get my butt in gear.

Judy: Keeping my fingers crossed that all of your repairs hold! Swimming sounds fabulous in this hot weather.

Princess1122
07-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sizzling Monday to you all! I had a wonderful time with the grandson yesterday, he is just so cute and such a good baby. His mommy is really doing a great job with him and it shows! They came to pick him up at about 3:30 so I just kind of rested for the rest of the afternoon - not long after they left I got a terrible headache that would not let up so I was in bed by 7:00 and asleep by 8:00 which was good because I needed the rest.

Bandit: How was your weekend?

Judy: How did everything go with all of the family in for the weekend?

Cherry: I understand but don't be embarrased around us... most of us have been on every diet in the book LOL - good luck to you which ever plan you are following!

Terri: How did your weekend go?

Life: Totally understand where you are at right now, been there a few times myself. We are here for you!

terrod99
07-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Hey All It is Sizzling here too!

Not much happening here, good weekend at home with the whole family, but eating too much, the wrong things, not moving, or doing anything that I should be doing! You guys are all doing so great! I always lose my momentum in the summer, I find it so hard to stick with anything during the summer months..........

Okay must get back to the Y That is my first and only shortterm goal! Not going to commit to a whole bunch of things and then fail. Not sure if having a exercise buddy works or not, there are a couple of gals at work that want to do some form of exercise, one has a Y membership. So I'll see.

Princess this weather a lot of people get migraines/headaches hope you are better.
Judy/Bandit/Cherry sounds like you guys are on a good path keep at it what you guys are doing is working!!!!
Life we'll get back on the wagon keep posting and soon something will click!! Together we will do this!

Not sure if it is officially a "heat wave" here but I am sure by the end of the week it will be so keep cool gals and keep at it!!! We are going to succeed.

Terri

Itryharder
07-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Good morning Turtles,
Princess, how weird the expensive restaurant didn't have better food choices. I guess they equate "good food" with high calories. Ugh. On a better note, so glad the baby was good for you and you had a great time.
Keep up your good food choices. We can do this!

Cherry, I wasn't going to say anything, but I am thrilled that you've lost so much weight. Princess is right. Please don't be embarassed. You name a diet program and I've been on it! You go girl!!!! :goodscale: Keep up the good work.

Terri, sound like you've got the summer blahs. Easy to do!!!! Here's good vibes :goodvibes: that you'll do what you want to do WW style today. Then tomorrow you can do it again. Sending :love: So many girls in my WW group find summer harder than Christmas and the holidays.

We had a great weekend. The kids are that much bigger. They got a chance to get together with their cousin and they really like each other. Yay.
Food was good, but once they left I resorted to old habits of eating mindlessly. Ugh----in the past the visits haven't always been that easy for me emotionally and I've eaten to stuff down those feelings. This time around was a nice visit-----I had few fattening foods here----and craved something once they left. Weird. I"m still working on it, but yesterday was a wonderful day and today will be too. I promise myself!
Judy
234.6/?/180's by end of summer :cool:

Princess1122
07-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Tuesday to you all! Still struggling with the headaches - will just keep chugging along - that doctor had given me estrogen tab's to take for when the headaches come around my TOM to see if that would help... I totally forgot about them and now my TOM is over (at least for now) so I am not sure they would help...

The materials for our deck will be delivered today so the work will offically start. The tree company comes tomorrow to bring down the very large oak tree that needs to be taken down... the company that is doing that had to borrow a larger crane truck from another company - that should tell you how big this flippen tree is! I have my fingers crossed that this all goes off without a hitch - with my contract ending soon we can not afford hitches right now. We are super excited about the deck though and look forward to having some people over to cookout and celebrate it when it is all done.

Terri: I totally understand where you are right now... I get that way sometimes in the summer but tend to suffer more from it in the winter. Keep at it and you will be fine and at the very least just not gain during this time.

Cherry: How are you doing this week?

Judy: Totally understand! I did the same thing Sunday after the baby went home... it was a great day, I don't know what I was stressing over but I was over something and so I decided to just go to bed early before I did total damage like I normally would.

Bandit: How are you doing? Are you still hanging up at your trailer thru the week? I sure would if I were you... LOL - I would give a lot to have a place by the water right now!

Life: How is your week going so far?

I have to run... drink a ton of water during these hots spells ladies and maybe that will help us to feel better and fuller!

CherryAutumn
07-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I guess I was embarrased that I wasnt able to stick with WW and I didnt want to leave this group because i feel like I know you ladies and you have all been great friends with wonderful encouragement.

I am on NutriSystem right now. The schedule and the low glycemic Index foods seem to work for me right now. Tomorrow is my 2 week weigh-in but because it is that TOM I dont think I am going to lose much.

Princess1122
07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Cherry: No worries at all and we may be logged under the WW thread here on 3FC but there are a lot of us that have tried other things over the years that we have all been coming here, don't worry about it, this is a support forum and not really based on your method of weight loss. I was on Nutri System years ago and it does work so good luck with it! Good luck at your W/I!

Itryharder
07-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Cherry, I was successful on NutriSystem too. You're doing great. Like Princess said, we're under the WW title but some of us do TOPS. Never leave us because we know you and love to hear from you. You've been in this group a nice long time and you're doing great! You give us support and we like to return the favor. I'm going to WW mtgs. and have friends there so I won't give that up. But about a month ago I went to Jenny Craig to get info and sign up. The only reason I didn't was at my age and meds I needed my doctor's approval and his office said it's their policy to not sign off on programs. So, I would have had to find another doctor, etc. etc. and decided to stick it out with WW and get tough with myself. Did well for two weeks and then started slipping and sliding again. Long story short----glad for you and your good experience. You're doing fine!

Princess, good luck with the tree removal. I can't imagine how huge it must be. You'll love your new deck. We don't have one, but I think it would be like adding a room for entertaining all through the spring thru fall. Yay. A nice BBQ would really be fun. Good luck with it all------and say no to any hitches!

I'll WI tomorrow and am hoping to drop a tiny bit. (Well, I'd like to drop 30#, but that's unreasonable.)
Grandson was here today and we had fun. He was worn out by the end of the day and fell asleep in the car. So cute. Food was good for me today and I avoided falling into the trap of eating what I made for him. Yay.

Bandit, how's everything?

Terri, how are you?

Life4evr, sending good wishes. How are you?

Here's :goodvibes: to us all and a :grouphug: We are doing this! Onward and downward. I am determined to be in the 180's by 9/1. We can do this.
Judy
234.6/?/180's and :cool:

life4evr
07-19-2011, 11:43 PM
I am still sane. The real test well be Thursday when I take my test in nursing school. It could make or break me so fingers crossed. I tracked my eating today. First time i have done it in awhile.

terrod99
07-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Hey All Happy Hump Day!!!

Cherry you do whatever works for you! If you lose weight it is all good!!!

Life remember the college is there to help you succeed, they don't want you to fail, the tests are the easy part, you have done the hard work that leads to the test. You will be fine and will pass no problem. After you will wonder why you were so nervous. At the end of it all you will have great job in a wonderful profession, I went to nursing school when I was 32, and I am thankful everyday that I did! Losing weight is harder!!!! But if we can become nurses we can lose weight too!!!! Good luck and don't stress!

All- Hot here just going to work and home, Thursday the base temp before the humidex is going to be 37 celsius not sure what that is in fairenheight but pretty darn hot!!!!!

Stay cool gals,

Terri

Princess1122
07-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... super hot here - I was out back last night helping to move things around and we had to take down some of our chain link fence so that the tree people have easy access to the tree and to remove the pieces as it comes down. DH will be home today just to have someone at the house.

The deck is underway, thinking this is a bigger job than expected but we will keep at it... the back steps and sidewalk have been jackhammered away so we have no choice at this point except to keep moving forward... LOL. Ugh!

I have all day meetings today so I need to get moving but will try and pop on later to see what is happening with everyone...

Best of luck to Judy for an awesome W/I today and anyone else that has a W/I today also!

Princess

Itryharder
07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Turtles,
Life4evr, :goodvibes: on your test!!!

Terri, yes, I think we're getting the weather you've been having. Thank goodness for AC.

Good luck to you Princess with your new deck. It'll be worth it when it's done!

I'm off to WI. My hives are worse than ever. Don't know what's going on with that. A couple of days ago they were so good I thought they might be ending. Hope this doesn't throw off my WI.

Okay----everybody have a great day. Eat well :strong: and drink your water.
Judy
234.6/?/180's by 9/1

Itryharder
07-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi Turtles,
I was up .6# at my WI. Actually that isn't terrible since I skipped WI last week. The bad news is that I weighed 10# less at Christmas. This half of the year I've been going backward. I've had two good days this week and plan on keeping that up!

Good luck to us all. I've got to apply all the good tips I've been reading about here and make this happen.
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's by 9/1 :cool:

Princess1122
07-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Good morning all and happy Thursday! It was over a 100 degrees here yesterday, more of the same today and a heat index of over 120 degrees - they have warnings all over the place, we went from feast to famine here for rain in a matter of a couple of weeks. Hoping something gives soon, we are blessed and have AC in our cars and our home and work but many don't and we have had a few deaths here so far even with the city opening shelters, etc for people and pets. Strange days indeed!

Judy: 2 good days will turn into 7 and before you know it you will be back on track! Keep at it... I have faith in you! Dont put too much pressure on yourself, that may be what is making your hives worse and the rest will fall into place... never fear!

I have W/I tonight, the scale is up but I expected that, we have lots of stuff going on at the house and I have had all days meetings this week and I can not drink my normal amount of water on those days because I would have to leave the meeting too often for potty breaks LOL so I am sure I am holding fluids right now. Not stressing and just doing the best I can!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
07-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Princess, good to hear from you. I love your positive messages!
Yesterday was good even though I had pizza for dinner. Today will be great. I took a few minutes, went to WW online and recorded all my weight losses and gains to see what my pattern has been and how I can improve my weight loss now.
:goodvibes: and :love: to us all!
Judy
235.6/198.8/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
07-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Hot ! Hot! Hot!

Yesterday was the hottest day I can remember. Even though I was in air con all day felt ill, maybe it was a coincidence. Today I feel better. Going up to the lake hope it is cooler there! Maybe should stay home in the air con!!!

Hope everyone is staying cool, and on plan,

Terri

Princess1122
07-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone and happy super hot Friday to you all! Ugh, crazy hot! What a week to pick to have trees removed and decks added... lol, what were we thinking!?!?!?! Oh well, it will be worth it in the end and we will just keep chugging thru! Our AC is really struggling to keep up, it is not that old either, had a brand new unit put in a few years back it is just working it's little heart out day and night and the house is still warm - but it is cooler than outside!

DH is not feeling well either Terri, he does not do hot weather well at all and is really feeling poorly thru all of this. I hope you continue to feel better!

Since we have our chain link fence down right now for the tree and deck I have been walking the dogs over at the park... was doing that last evening before I headed to my TOPS meeting and there was a couple that was broken down a block or so from our house... I walked the dogs and on my way back they were still broken down so I took the dogs home, grabbed a couple bottled waters and headed back to them... thought the lady was going to cry she was so grateful. I told them that while I could not help with a broken down vehicle I could sure bring them a cold drink while they waited for help or a tow truck to arrive. Felt bad that I could not do more but did what I could and they said that someone was coming to help so at least they were not stuck for too long.

W/I was as I thought last night, I was up 1.6 - I have been in all day meetings for most of the week so that means no endless drinking of water since I can not take a million potty breaks - that mixed with the heat and different kind of eating while things are so torn up at the house had me gaining... no excuses just what I was dealing with and areas for improvement for me moving forward.

I sure hope that everyone is doing ok, staying hydrated and as cool as possible. Take care of yourselves!
Princess

Itryharder
07-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi Turtles,
Terri, enjoy the time at the lake! Yes, we are feeling so much heat that it makes me nauseous too. I am so grateful for A/C.

Yesterday was a good day for me. Dh and I took care of things around the house. I finished remaking all the beds from last weekend. Got a chance to relax and then went to see Spamalot at our local playhouse. I never stopped laughing. The actors were terrific===all could sing and carry the stage. REally fun. Then my dh was starving after the show so we stopped at a diner. I had planned for this and had an English Muffin and a cup of decaf coffee. Delicious. Did I want more food? Yes. Was I hungry enough to eat more? Yes. But I had had a good day but many of my points plus were gone and I didn't want to ruin the day with a heavy snack. (Even two eggs, and whole wheat toast comes to 8-10points plus---even without the potatoes which is the part I love the most.) So, a non-scale pat on the back for me! Now I'm heading out to have breakfast with my friend. I have to figure out what's best-----probably an eggwhite omelet and one piece of toast.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
07-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi Princess, you and I posted at the same time. Up at the scale with all you're doing and the heat/humidity is okay. You'll get that off this week. Youwere a guardian angel to that couple. Good for you for reaching out and helping them.

everyone-----have a great day!
Judy

CherryAutumn
07-24-2011, 08:46 PM
This heat is going to kill me. I have such a hard time breathing when it is over 100 degrees. It almost makes me sick and I am almost always in the house with the air conditioner. I am trying to get my water in but I just feel so drained i dont feel like doing anything.

terrod99
07-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Yeah Thunder and lightening!!! Its raining!!!

We need the rain sooo bad! Great weekend much cooler at the lake, of course ate and drank too much, why do I do this???????

Anyway going to be on plan water, veggies, fruit, move my butt!!!!

Hope you all have a great week.

Terri

Itryharder
07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi Turtles,
Cherry, you're feeling the results of the heat just like we are. I haven't been away from the A/C except to take a dip in the pool. You're doing great----heat dissipates us and we can easily feel weak. That's the time to get a big drink of water and sip it. You're doing so well. Keep up the good work.
:love:

Terri, well one thing I remember from posts past is that we wouldn't beat ourselves up this summer. We'd work on keeping our food excellent during the week, get in the water and exercise, and if we indulged a bit on the weekends, we'd be okay with that. (I' m so silly because I'm giving you this pep talk and yet I want to smack myself on the head for some mindless eating I did on Sunday. Hmmmmm, maybe I better practice what I preach).
In any case, :chef: I know you'll do well today. Having the rain should break the heat and we'll all feel better after that.

I've got a good eating plan for today and it's printed out and stuck on my fridge. As I eat, I cross off the foods and write in the points plus. That helps keep me on track.

Everybody have a wonderful day!
Bandit, are you okay?
Life, was your exam okay?
Princess, how's your deck coming along?

All goes well here and we're on to planning our luau themed mystery party this weekend. I've got to figure out what foods will keep me on track and still fit the theme. I know I can do this. Housecleaning today will be good exercise and I'll either swim ---yay---or :tread:-----boo. Guess which it will be? Still too hot to walk on boardwalk.

Take care, drink lots of water, and let's get this going!
Judy

Itryharder
07-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Turtles,
Yesterday was a good food day. I made a tomato sauce like a cacciatore and cooked a pork chop and two chicken cutlets in it. Yay! Dinner for the next two days. ate the pork chop last night.

:goodvibes: and :bravo: to all of us. We've still got a week in July to lose weight and all of August.
Have a great day.
Judy

Princess1122
07-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! The temps have dropped just a bit here although it is still very hot it is not in the 100's anymore... yah!

The deck is pretty much done and what a job that was! DH and I are both pretty much worn out and we did not even do the bulk of the work, just lots of stress and other activities that surround it - am glad that we are at the end of it.

The scale is way up but to be honest i did not make the best choices this weekend, there was a lot of donuts, pizza, etc being purchased to feed everyone and I ate things that I should not have. Yesterday was not too bad but we did have asian food for supper. Back on track though today.

Bandit: You are worrying me... you never have this long in between posts... hoping you are ok...

Judy: How are you doing? Have things quieted down for you this week?

Terri: We got some rain on Sunday, when we least wanted it but needed it badly... the yard does not look so brown now though which is a good thing! How is your week going?

Life: How are you doing?

Cherry: How is things your way?

Itryharder
07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi All,
Princess, glad the deck is almost done. Hey, when weight goes up so fast, it can come off fast too. I know the salt in Chinese food sends me up two pounds the next day, but when I'm careful and drink plenty of water, I'll be okay. Pizza and donuts----ohmigod-----just two of my favorite foods. Glad things should be calming down soon.

I had a good day yesterday and a good day today. So weird. Invited to girlfriend's for lunch----no idea what the menu would be-----if I had eaten in anticipation of how tough it would be, I would have been foolish. She had fruit and two salads, dressing on the side---all healthy foods and yummy. I had the tiniest amount possible because the other girls are all thin and I didn't want to look hoggish-----also she bought a pie and was going to serve it with coffee, but our meeting broke up before she could serve it. It was a lovely meeting and it looks like I'll be in a writing group again. Yay. I've really missed it. Altogether a wonderful experience to see my friend and buddies and have a pleasant afternoon. However, I am so glad I didn't let the food throw me.

Best wishes to everyone. Bandit, I'm like Princess-----are you on vacation or just very busy? Chime in please.
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's and thinner by 9/1 :cool:

terrod99
07-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Hey all I finally had a good food day Tues! Yeah me!

I am sure Bandit is at the trailer on vacation. I've been thinking about her too!

Judy I love the skinny people! It is a different experience to eat with them. A friend once went to skinny couples house for dinner only ate a few appetizers because she was waiting for the dinner - no dinner was ever served the appetizers were the dinner. She went and had a burger after she left !!!!

Princess the weather is better here too! Our yard is still brown, the only good part is we haven't had to cut it for about 4 weeks. Enjoy the deck, you worked hard to get it finished!

Hey to everyone else check in when you can!
Terri

Princess1122
07-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! I was in all day meetings for the last two days, very glad they are over for the week! I am just not a fan of being stuck in a room all day long with the same people... ugh.

My tomatoes are starting to turn red in the garden... awesome! I love garden tomatoes and DH and I make lots of BLT sandwiches once they start coming in. With the microwave bacon and light mayo, heavy on the lettuce and tomato it is not bad points wise and a wonderful summer supper.

Not sure I am going to knitting tonight or not yet, I am very very worn down and not feeling well - it seems like everything hurts and everything is taking me twice as long to do... super tired and just over all run down... time to regroup I think. I have been trying to get to bed earlier this week but something always seems to get in my way LOL - will keep trying though!

Judy: Good job and so happy that you are going to be in a writing group, that is a wonderful activity and one that I know you enjoy... Skinny people - ugh - they make me feel like a big old girl even when I was at my smallest, I have never been comfortable around them guess maybe it is because I have been over weight almost all of my life. Anyway, good for you and enjoy your group! Good luck at weigh in today!

Terri: That is too funny about the appetizers... my yard is still very brown also, especially the area under the tree that we just removed, it never got much sun when the tree was still was there and now without it it is burning up. Bandit usually gives us a heads up when she is going to be off line for an extended period of time... sure hoping all is ok and she is just busy.

All: Have a great day and good luck for weigh in's this week!

Itryharder
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Good WI for me today. Down .8# which is almost a pound. Very relieved to reverse my trend upward. Thanks for all the support.

Terri, I love the story about the "appetizer as dinner" for your friend. Let it be known that I , also, ate like a raving maniac when I got home. Threw my congee and chicken cacciatore in microwave and wolfed down a banana while I waited the whole 2 minutes for food to heat up. I was starving!

Okay, let's keep up our positive summer attitude. Do the absolute best whenever we can-----when we have minor glitches count in the points plus and keep on keepin' on. A binge only does damage if it goes on and on. Most of us know how and have the abiity to stop a binge in its tracks. I'm optimistic that we can lose weight.

On the down side our substitute leader at the meeting today said it is easy to lose weight, it's difficult to maintain it. Well, since I'm having a devil of a time losing weight, I thought that was an outrageous thing to say. You can see why I love my regular leader. She's such a peach and would never say such a silly thing. To me, www.3fatchicks.com turtles give each other support-----recognize that even though most of our experiences are similar, they're not identical and we try hard to offer the right words at the right time to keep us connected and on track. We all know the saddest thing is to stop trying and we do the best we can. (Glad I wrote that. I was really ticked that she made that statement. She lost 80# in a year-----never had a slip back----never regained any of her weight during that journey. However, she's had very difficult times keeping it of. My point ----that was her experience. Some gals struggle to get it off, but because it's taken a while, their maintenance isn't as tough as others.) Okay---I'll stop chatting.

Have a great day. Let's sip that water, move those bodies, and eat like we deserve to!
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner :cool: 9/1/11

CherryAutumn
07-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Alright ladies I am here for my official weigh-in. Down -2.8 pounds. For a total of 9.2 pounds in 3 weeks. Yay! Last week wasnt so good but this week makes up for it. I just have to keep doing my best despite slight ups and downs on the scale. Eventually I will get where i am wanting to go. Thanks for all the support guys. It looks like everyone is doing good despite events and the heat. Keep it up and keep drinking lots of water.

Itryharder
07-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Oh Cherry, it makes me so happy to hear you doing so well. :bravo: :goodscale: :dancer: :dance: :carrot: :balloons: :love:
Keep up the good work. You're getting this done!

Have a great night, everyone.
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
07-28-2011, 08:12 AM
TGI Thursday! Its my Friday today then off for a 4 day weekend!!!!

3 day holiday weekend here in Cananda, not sure if it is for you gals in the US.

Cherry glad to hear you are doing so well! Great job you can do this! You are doing this!

Princess would love to pop over for a BLT!!! Let us know when the tomatoes are ripe!!!!

Judy too bad about the sub leader we all know it is hard to lose, we all would be thin if it was easy!!!!! I agree with you lets keep it positive!!!!

Yeah Gals we can do this!!!!

Terri

Princess1122
07-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Still very hot here and getting hotter with each day and the humidity is super high right now also... oh well, at least we are not talking about snow amounts :D

Went home from work yesterday and that was about all - I made grilled cheese sandwiches for supper and went to bed - just was not feel well at all. A bit better today but still not myself... will just keep taking it as easy as I can and see if that helps.

Cherry: A huge congrats to you! Your loss is fabulous!

Terri: No holiday down here but enjoy yours! I would gladly share my tomatoes with everyone and frequently wish we all lived closer together... Have a wonderful long weekend!

Judy: I was never fond of subs when I went to WW meetings either, they were just always lacking what the regular leader had or did and left me wanting or as in your case upset about something that they said. Next week will be better for you once your leader gets back... hope you have a very good week and good luck with your mystery party! Those always sound like soooo much fun!

Bandit: How are you doing? I just ordered up a couple of books from the library, nothing very exciting but I will pass along the names and authors to you once I get them if they prove to be a good read. Hope you are ok...

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
07-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Terri, so glad you had a good food day on tuesday. :bravo:

Princess, feel better soon. Yeah, the next time I see my leader isn't going to be there to lecture, I may go to another meeting where I actually like that leader. I mean it's not a big deal, nothing to eat over, but I do count on getting inspired at my meetings to push on and do the right thing and that didn't happen this meeting.

I'm reading a book (listening to it---it's an audiobook) about Shamu taught me everything I need to know about life and love (that's not the exact title, but it's close). Only in a couple of chapters but it's got good advice on how we can react to people, etc.
Gotta run and get breakfast.

Take care, have a wonderful weekend.
Judy
234.6/198/180's by 9/1

Princess1122
07-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! Very glad the weekend is here! DH's brother is ill and in the hospital so it looks like the weekend that we thought might be time for us to get some rest, etc will actually be spent traveling back and forth to Cinci. Which is fine and it will only be on Saturday so Sunday I will try and get some things done in the house along with a nap ;)

I was down 1.4 lbs at W/I last night so was happy about that. I just really need to get my butt in gear so that I see a loss every week, even if it is only .2 - I just keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs and that is not doing me any good.

Judy: The book sounds wonderful, I will see if our library has it. I totally understand what you are saying about your leader and I agree with you and they do make a big difference in our motivation, etc. I hope it works out in yoru favor.

Have a great weekend everyone, I will hop on when I can!

CherryAutumn
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Princess- Yay on 1.4 pounds down. Weigh to go. Thanks for the encouragement.

Judy and Terri - I appreciate you guys remembering me in your comments.

I am getting my new box of food today and hoping all the new choices will help me keep going. I have always known i needed to cut down on sugar and that carbs effect my depression but I just couldnt cut that cord. I get so addicted to Carbs. Well one thing I like about Nutrisystem is it is a low GI (glycemic index) program and it has really cut out most of my cravings. Just have to work hard not to let the cravings sneak back in by eating to much sugar or carbs. Still getting plenty of carbs in my diet just healthier ones.

Princess1122
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Cherry: Thanks and I am so glad to hear that you found a plan that works for you and that makes you feel better too... how awesome is that! Have a great weekend and keep at it, you are doing soooo good!

Judy: Congrats on your .8 this week... that really is fabulous with all of this heat and everything that you have going on!

Itryharder
07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Cherry, keep up the good work! You're doing great. :goodscale: carbs are such a strong pull-----glad you've found a program that is working with you individually and helping you lose weight. Yay.

Princess, :goodscale: :bravo: :dancer: :carrot: :dance: :balloons: Yay-
what a great weight loss.
Sorry about your dh's brother. He'll be glad to see you both. Hope you get some rest o Sunday.

We're having our mystery luau party this Saturday. I'll be heading out in the rain to get groceries and do some early prep. The food should be simple and it's only 9 people, so not much to worry about. Need to tighten up again today----take out last two nights----didn't overdo, but the salt, etc. adds up to weight retention for me. Okay, everybody have a wonderful weekend. Let's keep on doing this.

Terri, hope you're enjoying your holiday.

Princess, thinking of you and wishing you well.

Life4evr, keep on keepin' on.

Best to Pat and the other Turtles who have joined us over the years.
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner by 9/1 :cool:

Princess1122
07-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! We had a rain storm move thru here last night... yah! We were supposed to head to Cinci today but they are releasing DH's brother from the hospital at some point today so we will go for a quick visit tomorrow.

Still working on getting my housework done for the weekend but am going to head to the gym for an aquafit class this morning, run and get some groceries and then head to my knitting class to see what the girls are up to, think I will finish the day with some yard work :D

I did some grilled porkchops last night, marinated them with a bit of bottled marinade - served with some boxed stuffing and steamed broc/cauliflower - it was a throw together meal since Friday night is my house cleaning night and we usually get subway sandwiches or something like that but right now we are really trying to pinch our pennies - the deck and tree removal put a strain on the budget. So I dug around and even though the boxed stuffing is not plan friendly, etc it turned out to be a really wonderful meal and one single plate of food was enough for DH and I - we were totally satisfied. But the funny thing was is that was the best meal I have made in a long time and it was a throw together, totally not planned meal... LOL - funny how that works.

I sure hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Judy: Good luck with your party tonight! I was looking online to see what all went into having a mystery party because I think that would be so much fun! I will keep looking into it, the one blog stated that the best way to throw your own party is to attend someone elses first so that you have an idea of what to do, etc. I had to giggle... I thought to myself, how far of a drive is it to Judy's? LOL. Anyway, have a wonderful time and i hope you solve the mystery!

Itryharder
07-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes, we got the storm last night-----lost our cable for a few minutes, but it came back. Lost power for 1/2minute, but thankfully it came back too. Storm, lots of wind and heavy rain passed through and today is nice again.

Princess, your "throw together" meal sounds delicious and I bet the boxed stuffing wasn't too far off program. I've got a box in my cupboard. Maybe if I make it without the butter it'll be okay. Isn't it funny how things work out that way. You sound so busy, but I know you'll love to relax with your knitting friends. have fun. Hey, you've invited to our next mystery party!!!!! Come on-----how many miles can it be? I'm on Long Island south of the state of New York. I'll "clue you in" to when we have the next party.

It is true that we went to a mystery party before we had one and it was helpful to see how they get pulled together. Some games give players the clues they have to say to everyone before everyone moves to the next round. Actually all games are formatted that way. It's just in some games you stay in one room, while in other games you "mix" with others and may not hear all the clues. It's fun whichever you do. Let me know if you decide to go ahead.

All goes well here. I had a really good day of food yesterday. I also put a photo of a df of mine who has lost weight and she looks terrific. I'm trying to say to myself, "If she can do it, I can do it>." We'll see how that works.

Gotta run and prepare some food for the party. Have a great weekend, everone!
Judy
234.6/198/180's by 9/1

CherryAutumn
07-30-2011, 02:25 PM
I have a bad sore throat and it is the middle of Summer. Anyone have a recipe for a healthy soup?

Itryharder
07-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Sure,
a couple of carrots, chopped
a couple stalks celery, chopped
a small onion, chopped
saute all in Pam sprayed pan
Add 1 can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
Add 1 quart chicken stock or broth (or 4 boullion cubes and 4 cups water)
1 t. each oregano, basil, dill
Simmer 20minutes and you'll be feeling fine in no time! :chef:
(You can add rice or couscous or pasta or even kidney beans if you want, but if you want it yummy and low calorie just make it without the additions)
Feel better soon! If you think the tomatoes will be too harsh, leave them out.

Judy

bandit2
07-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi turtles:

Just a quick note to say sorry I was away so long, but have been sick with
bacterial virus and it has been brutal. On the upside I dropped another 3#
so am finally in the 180's and hopefully can stay there and continue to drop.

So many posts to read so I will try and get caught up over the next few days.
Have not even turned my computer on in 2 weeks. Just doing what I had to get done and staying in bed. Have no idea how I dropped any weight since basically I have been eating toast, pb, bananas, pizza & chicken fingers with plum sauce. Haven't even had a coffee since July 17th - just some tea.

Anyway, hope you are all keeping well and I will read all the posts when I can

Take care

Itryharder
07-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Oh Bandit, I am so relieved to hear from you. Sorry you were so sick, but glad that you're on the mend. :bravo: for getting back into the 180's, but sad about how it happened.
God Bless.

Good luck to all the turtles. I turned around a day that could have cost me loads of points plus, and I'm proud of myself. Have to remember to stay on track for the rest of the evening and I'll be in a good place.

Judy

Princess1122
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Well that sure was a fast flying weekend! LOL - here and gone before you know it.

Food was ok over the weekend but I could have done better... had some very high point ice cream both evenings but I would imagine that just took care of my weeklies and call it even. I did go to aqua fit on Saturday and got some yard work in also. Yesterday was spent traveling so no real exercise there.

I won't have W/I this week because I will be helping with my D-Grandson while his mom has oral surgery but will try and make it a good week and hopefully have a wonderful W/I the following week.

Bandit: Holy Moly lady you scared me! So glad to see your post (thanks for the reply to the PM! I was so happy to see it!) Glad you are on the mend but man I am sorry you had to go thru that, those can be wicked. I hope you continue to improve!

Judy: How did the party go? Congrats on making a good move and improving your points intake! How awesome is that!?!?!

Cherry: How was your weekend?

Terri: How are you doing? Did you go to the lake this weekend?

Life: Hope you are doing well!

Itryharder
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi Guys, we've gotten long, so I'll see you all over on thread #260 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!
JUdy
234.6/198/180's and thinner 9/1/11