Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thursday, June 30th.

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Good morning everyone! Happy almost 4th weekend. I'm in need of some help. I'm on my 4th week of IP and at a point where if I want to phase off for the beach I need to start. My questions is this... My coach suggested I stay on and do the alternative protocol while I was on vacation and she said if i had a glass of wine it would be okay, my body just would burn the alcohol first and then I could just go back to regular phase 1 when I get back and phase out. Has anyone experienced this? I am so worried about it because I've been working so hard but I know I'm going to have wine while I'm there. I'm not as concerned about eating as I am being able to have a drink at the beach. Thanks
laudie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #3  
I know I can

Good morning everyone! I just had my five week WI. I lost ZERO pounds! I am not happy about this.
I am doing everything they say, I have not cheated, I do not eat any restricted foods and still I do not lose. Drink my water, eat the salt and the oil.
I don't know what to think.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

After 0lbs lost at yesterday's WI, I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 160.5!! I can taste 159. The weight is definitely coming off more slowly now that I am getting closer to goal.

I just had the maple oatmeal for breakfast. While I do love it, I feel slightly sad that I have now eaten my restricted for the day. I'll just suck it up and get over it, but wanted to let everyone know that I do feel slightly down when I do that... No one else would understand like all my 3FC virtual buddies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Good morning everyone! I just had my five week WI. I lost ZERO pounds! I am not happy about this.
I am doing everything they say, I have not cheated, I do not eat any restricted foods and still I do not lose. Drink my water, eat the salt and the oil.
I don't know what to think.
I had the same thing yesterday. Did you lose inches? I did, and feel smaller all over...

My coach says that it's normal for people to have mini-plateaus... I think it's because our bodies are healing. Rarely, she says that people lose consistently every week... Most of the time, please lose for 4-5 weeks, then stall for 1-2, then start losing again.

You aren't doing anything wrong... Don't give up!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #5  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Oops, just realized that the daily thread for yesterday was closed but I kept adding replies to questions people asked me on yesterday's thread. So the ones who were asking about the turnip fries, look on yesterday's thread...sorry!!!

Well going for WI # 9 today. Hope it's a big number as last week wasn't so great. But I've stayed OP as I always have and TOM is finally gone, so I should have a catch up week. Fingers crossed!
JoAnne9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudie09 View Post
Good morning everyone! Happy almost 4th weekend. I'm in need of some help. I'm on my 4th week of IP and at a point where if I want to phase off for the beach I need to start. My questions is this... My coach suggested I stay on and do the alternative protocol while I was on vacation and she said if i had a glass of wine it would be okay, my body just would burn the alcohol first and then I could just go back to regular phase 1 when I get back and phase out. Has anyone experienced this? I am so worried about it because I've been working so hard but I know I'm going to have wine while I'm there. I'm not as concerned about eating as I am being able to have a drink at the beach. Thanks
I was at the beach two weeks ago. Here is what I did and I lost 2lbs that week.

Slice up cucumbers, peppers, and celery each morning and take it to the beach with you. Pack a cooler-type snack bag with ice and take your salt shaker with you. When people are eating/snacking during the day, stay true to your protocol... Take perrier and cut up limes in your snack bag. It will feel special and has no calories at all...

I had small amounts of wine with dinner only as a compromise. I did not allow myself to drink anything while cooking dinner, only while sitting at the table. And nothing during the day... I asked for a half glass of wine only and sipped it very slowly. I savored every last drop... (make sure it's good wine, you don't want to waste this experience to crappy alcohol). On the nights I had wine, I either skipped my evening snack packet or had only half a restricted that day.

As for the eating plan, I bounced between Phase 1 and Phase 2. There were days when we were at restaurants for lunch and I got a salad with chicken. On those days, I did Phase 2... If we were at the beach or in the car, I simply had my packet with me and chopped up veggies. If you are eating lunch on the beach, don't fall victim to the crap at the snack bar. Take some deli turkey and romaine lettuce leaves and have turkey sandwiches. I did go over on salad dressing some days when I was hungry and had a salad with both lunch and dinner.

And you know what's really funny??? Friends at the beach that we met were enthralled with my snack bag. I had several people who said "Can I have some bell pepper? How refreshing... Wow. Your food is great. Can I have some more?"

My son's snacky bag (as we call it), was chock full of apple, blueberries, and grapes, in addition to some other high protein snack (check out Kay's Naturals for Sweet BBQ snack mix) and homemade mini cheeseburgers for his lunch. The kids at the beach were passing up the goldfish for his snacks, and he ate real protein with his meal... which is rare at the beach.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Oops, just realized that the daily thread for yesterday was closed but I kept adding replies to questions people asked me on yesterday's thread. So the ones who were asking about the turnip fries, look on yesterday's thread...sorry!!!

Well going for WI # 9 today. Hope it's a big number as last week wasn't so great. But I've stayed OP as I always have and TOM is finally gone, so I should have a catch up week. Fingers crossed!
Good luck!! I wish you luck with your catch up weigh in today...

I can't close the thread officially since I'm not an admin and I didn't open the thread. Don't worry -- that happens all the time.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #8  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, only down 10 lbs in the 3 weeks I have been on IP, not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed about how slow things are coming off. But i will keep of chugging along and hope for the best next week.
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning...

laudie09 I hear ya! I am not sure what you should do, but I too have a bigger cave for a drink of wine than food. Just stay as close to OP as possible and have your occasional drink I suppose. Have a nice time!

Watkat I too have hit stalls already and pxlkitty4 is so right, I feel like our bodies are like, hey wait a minute, what's happening here? So, just keep chugging along and we will get there. Even though the weight is coming off slow for, it's coming off and that is what matters!!

This morning I weighed myself and I was 219 hahaha, have seen that in a while! Just gives me even more incentive to stay OP this weekend and abstain from booze!!!
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #10  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello my IP friends.

Haven't been posting much, as I've been preparing for my vacation this weekend.
We are going to Massachussetts, which is a 14 hour drive with all four kids Should be fun. Actually my kids are good in the car. I'm the one that gets bored, since I don't have a DS, or movies to watch while driving..LoL.

I have celery ready to be chopped, and am bringing some cucumbers and a peeler. I'll buy more veggies while I'm out there. Gonna be doing Phase 1, since it is fairly easy to do for me. The only day that I'm worried about is Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I will not have my computer with me enjoy yourselves. I know I will be .
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I was at the beach two weeks ago. Here is what I did and I lost 2lbs that week.

Slice up cucumbers, peppers, and celery each morning and take it to the beach with you. Pack a cooler-type snack bag with ice and take your salt shaker with you. When people are eating/snacking during the day, stay true to your protocol... Take perrier and cut up limes in your snack bag. It will feel special and has no calories at all...

I had small amounts of wine with dinner only as a compromise. I did not allow myself to drink anything while cooking dinner, only while sitting at the table. And nothing during the day... I asked for a half glass of wine only and sipped it very slowly. I savored every last drop... (make sure it's good wine, you don't want to waste this experience to crappy alcohol). On the nights I had wine, I either skipped my evening snack packet or had only half a restricted that day.

As for the eating plan, I bounced between Phase 1 and Phase 2. There were days when we were at restaurants for lunch and I got a salad with chicken. On those days, I did Phase 2... If we were at the beach or in the car, I simply had my packet with me and chopped up veggies. If you are eating lunch on the beach, don't fall victim to the crap at the snack bar. Take some deli turkey and romaine lettuce leaves and have turkey sandwiches. I did go over on salad dressing some days when I was hungry and had a salad with both lunch and dinner.

And you know what's really funny??? Friends at the beach that we met were enthralled with my snack bag. I had several people who said "Can I have some bell pepper? How refreshing... Wow. Your food is great. Can I have some more?"

My son's snacky bag (as we call it), was chock full of apple, blueberries, and grapes, in addition to some other high protein snack (check out Kay's Naturals for Sweet BBQ snack mix) and homemade mini cheeseburgers for his lunch. The kids at the beach were passing up the goldfish for his snacks, and he ate real protein with his meal... which is rare at the beach.
Wow this is great information. I've been so worried about it and she told me that the alternative phase you have to 1 of each of these per meal but not atthe same time. fat, carb, and dairy. Apparently this is what diabetics do and they don't leave ketosis. I think I'll try and stay on so I don't go through phase 3 and finish the day before I leave.
laudie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good morning all, only down 10 lbs in the 3 weeks I have been on IP, not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed about how slow things are coming off. But i will keep of chugging along and hope for the best next week.
That's 3.3 lbs per week! That is good weight loss. This winter I weighed 230lbs. All my clothes were way too tight. It's what got me started eating better. However, it took me 4 MONTHS to lose 11lbs. I started IP in May at 219. After 7 weeks, I'm 195.2 and have lost a lot of inches!!! (although my stupid hips seem to be the last to go!) So we are losing at roughly the same rate. Just because we aren't seeing 9-11lbs at a WI, doesn't mean it isn't working. Stay strong and stick with it. Maybe you and I will take a little longer to get to our goals, but the important part is that we're losing and getting healthy.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudie09 View Post
Wow this is great information. I've been so worried about it and she told me that the alternative phase you have to 1 of each of these per meal but not atthe same time. fat, carb, and dairy. Apparently this is what diabetics do and they don't leave ketosis. I think I'll try and stay on so I don't go through phase 3 and finish the day before I leave.
Don't worry at all. Just be prepared and keep your tunnel vision. Vacation is about the people you see and the time you spend with everyone... The wine is a nice little extra because you are on vacation, and we don't get enough of those!

I hit the grocery store many, many times... if nothing else, to make sure that there were enough veggies around because I kept eating them all!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #14  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
That's 3.3 lbs per week! That is good weight loss. This winter I weighed 230lbs. All my clothes were way too tight. It's what got me started eating better. However, it took me 4 MONTHS to lose 11lbs. I started IP in May at 219. After 7 weeks, I'm 195.2 and have lost a lot of inches!!! (although my stupid hips seem to be the last to go!) So we are losing at roughly the same rate. Just because we aren't seeing 9-11lbs at a WI, doesn't mean it isn't working. Stay strong and stick with it. Maybe you and I will take a little longer to get to our goals, but the important part is that we're losing and getting healthy.
Thanks, it helps knowing that I'm not the only one, it just funny seeing quite a few of others losing and I'm just being a poopy pants (I thinkTOM is coming...). But really thanks, I do feel better!!!!!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I feel so much better than yesterday! Eating carbs seems to be a big no for me so I may be low carb forever and I'm actually pretty good with that. It's way better than feeling so awful and it will get rid of the headaches I've had for years. Since I started IP, other than needing another potassium pill I haven't had a headache. Yesterday I ate like I used to and had an awful headache. I feel a little silly, I fully expected to gain weight and be up this morning but I nowhere near consumed enough calories to gain! It makes me feel confident for phase 3 and 4 though! Lol

Wine sounds amazing! Try an Auslese, it's a white and my favorite type of wine.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote