IP Daily Chat - Thursday, June 30th. - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Thursday everyone! Today is the last workday before we head into a long weekend here.

Last night, I had a restaurant dinner with the ladies from my tap class. I ended up ordering a salad with lobster on it and it was very nice... but I wanted to share a "tip" or sorts: just before dessert, which I was seriously debating whether I should have or not (as I am on phase IV but this was not my "cheat day"), I had to go to bathroom. The washrooms had mouthwash in them (in bottles with pumps) with paper cups... I rinsed my mouth with Scope Outlast and all desires for dessert vanished! I sat and sipped on a peppermint tea while others indulged and I really did not feel like I was missing out on anything! ...so, I am going to be putting a miniature bottle of mouthwash in my purse very soon and excusing myself before dessert on many occasions!

Thanks for that awesome tip!!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #32  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Happy Thursday everyone! Today is the last workday before we head into a long weekend here.

Last night, I had a restaurant dinner with the ladies from my tap class. I ended up ordering a salad with lobster on it and it was very nice... but I wanted to share a "tip" or sorts: just before dessert, which I was seriously debating whether I should have or not (as I am on phase IV but this was not my "cheat day"), I had to go to bathroom. The washrooms had mouthwash in them (in bottles with pumps) with paper cups... I rinsed my mouth with Scope Outlast and all desires for dessert vanished! I sat and sipped on a peppermint tea while others indulged and I really did not feel like I was missing out on anything! ...so, I am going to be putting a miniature bottle of mouthwash in my purse very soon and excusing myself before dessert on many occasions!
Great Idea! I brush my teeth as soon as I've had my snack in the evening and I feel like okay done eating for the day!
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

WI #2 Today lost 2lbs for a total of 7 lbs in two weeks. That would have taken me at least 6 weeks on WW. I really like this diet I wish I found it a long time ago I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation.
abbykitty1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all! Happy July 1 to us Canadians, and Happy July 4 to you Americans - everyone else - Happy Thursday!

I just wanted to share - last night I went to my BFF`s house, and stepped on her Wii fit. I haven`t been on it in a long time, but I was super excited to see that my BMI went down 1.9% since last time! It showed 11 lbs lost since I last was on it - I can`t wait for next week to see what it says. I still use Friday`s as my official wi, but my coach only checks my weight, so it`s nice to see the BMI also!
I`ve been seeing steady losses on my home scale since Monday - I am super pumped! This weekend will be challenging - since I`ll be out all weekend and surrounded by temptations, but I will hold true and stay strong. If I feel tempted to eat off plan, I will remind myself that anything I truly want to eat is worth waiting for. It will either taste way better when this weight is off, or it won`t taste as good as I remember - either way, I win!
So, Day 5 for me, and going strong! Have a great op day all!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Good morning. This is TMI, but I am constipated. My coach has said to take 1 TBS of citrate of magnesium (I think that was the name) in the morning and 2 T at night. That wasn't working, so she said to take 5000 mg of Vit C. That wasn't working. So last night, I tried the salt water flush, and that didn't work either. So today, I took some stool softeners. Hopefully that works. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I was up about 3 lbs this morning, but I have a feeling that was from all the sea salt.
I haven't experienced that while on IP yet (except for a few days while I was travelling, but I knew that was because I was sitting in the car for way too many hours unable to drink enough water). BUT I did experience C before IP and tried many things. The one thing that seemed to work ok for me was senna tea. I don't know if that is something that is allowed in this protocol, and I also wouldn't advise to use it often, but I think it definitively can help when other things have failed.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #36  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Good morning. This is TMI, but I am constipated. My coach has said to take 1 TBS of citrate of magnesium (I think that was the name) in the morning and 2 T at night. That wasn't working, so she said to take 5000 mg of Vit C. That wasn't working. So last night, I tried the salt water flush, and that didn't work either. So today, I took some stool softeners. Hopefully that works. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I was up about 3 lbs this morning, but I have a feeling that was from all the sea salt.
Have you tried probiotics? I was all messed up a few weeks ago and Pxlkitty mentioned probiotics. They did the trick for me- but it did take a couple of days. Get a good quality one from the health food store- they should be refrigerated and take a couple after a meal. I hope you find relief soon!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Had WI#3 last night and I am down 5 more lbs!!!!!!!!!! That will be a total of 15 in 3 weeks!!! I am so very excited and really looking forward to being healthy and looking fabulous!!!! Someone at work that didnt know I was on this diet commented on how my face is changing and can tell I'm losing weight!!!

Hope everyone has a super day!!!!
Joyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy long weekend to all! May we all stay strong and true OP throughout it...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Have you tried probiotics? I was all messed up a few weeks ago and Pxlkitty mentioned probiotics. They did the trick for me- but it did take a couple of days. Get a good quality one from the health food store- they should be refrigerated and take a couple after a meal. I hope you find relief soon!
I have never tried them before. Is it in liquid or pill form?

I have bought so much WF dressings from the health food store, that I have filled up their punch card and get 20% my next purchase. I will try to run over there this afternoon.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! DAy ten for me! Tomorrow I weigh in for another diet group challenge I'm in and I am in the running to win $200! (We each put $20 in the pot) So, I need your advice, should I try to hold back on guzzling water today, or what do you suggest I eat for this last day of the contest? Thanks for any suggestions. And yes, I am a little constipated!
If I'm not too late...when you go in ask about the Novilax...it has saved me!! It took a while to get everything cleared...but after that one of these a day has changed my whole system. Good luck in the challenge!!

Quote:

They sell MgCitrate in bottles like a cola..ask your local pharmacy. Our grocery store carries them. They work like a champ...then after you are all cleared add Novilax to your supplements...I can't say enough about this IP product. And I am a TOUGH case! And this has really helped me.
I notice everytime I take any of the above products (except Novilax) I always gain weight even days after I have taken them. Water weight..
dawnmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #41  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Well just got back from WI #9, down 6.6 lbs and 9.5 inches.....YAHOOO!!! I'm so happy, doing the happy dance. That is a total of 37.2 lbs and 59.25 inches. I'm amazed and that's only in 9 weeks. So my average has now gone up to 4.1 lbs a week. I can live with that.

I'm now sitting down having my lunch. I've missed the omelettes, so I got some of those today. So having an omelette with cauliflower couscous and pickles, gotta love it. So yummy! Now I'm full.

Hope everybody has a great day! Sending good vibes to everyone!!
JoAnne9597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
WI #2 Today lost 2lbs for a total of 7 lbs in two weeks. That would have taken me at least 6 weeks on WW. I really like this diet I wish I found it a long time ago I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation.
I know exactly what you mean Abby. When I got home, my hubby called me to see how I had done at my WI and I told him I was down 6.6 lbs for a total of 37.2 in 9 weeks. I told him if I would have done WW, it would have taken me at least 6 months to do that. IP ROCKS!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #43  

Quote:

Great idea SusieBe..I do notice that when I brush my teeth it helps at night to silence that voice!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmad View Post
If I'm not too late...when you go in ask about the Novilax...it has saved me!! It took a while to get everything cleared...but after that one of these a day has changed my whole system. Good luck in the challenge!!

They sell MgCitrate in bottles like a cola..ask your local pharmacy. Our grocery store carries them. They work like a champ...then after you are all cleared add Novilax to your supplements...I can't say enough about this IP product. And I am a TOUGH case! And this has really helped me.
I notice everytime I take any of the above products (except Novilax) I always gain weight even days after I have taken them. Water weight..
I agree, take the Novilax. I've been taking it since day one, twice a day, and I've never had a problem with the big C. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #45  

Quote:
I have never tried them before. Is it in liquid or pill form?

I have bought so much WF dressings from the health food store, that I have filled up their punch card and get 20% my next purchase. I will try to run over there this afternoon.
See if they have the "Pearl" Elite...super convenient. Small little pill!

Last edited by dawnmad; 06-30-2011 at 01:52 PM.